MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
0:39 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Sanctions Against Druckenwell (For illegal blockading)
Sanctions Against Druckenwell
Titus_VeritasDate: Saturday, 09 Jul 2011, 1:22 PM | Message # 16
Colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Very well, if Senator Terrawin concedes that this motion will merely force a judicial review of Druckenwell's military operations at Monor II, I will change my vote to In Favor.

Viceroy Titus Veritas, House Veritas
Consul of the House of Lords

Former Senator of Deralia and the Tammuz Sector (50 BBY - 30 BBY, 18 BBY - 10 BBY)
Former Chairman of the Imperial Senate Defense Committee (18 BBY - 10 BBY)

Verence_TerrawinDate: Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 12:01 PM | Message # 17
Major general
As the Chair has made it clear he does not explicitly support action on Monor II, and in light of the fact this motion now calls for a cessation of hostilities and a committee to decide the matter rather than imposing serious sanctions,,,

I hope all Senators will reconsider their vote.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan
First Lord of the Foreign Office, Alsakan

Slai-FonDate: Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 12:24 PM | Message # 18
Colonel
Perhaps you could write out a "Cease and Desist" letter, Senator Terrawin. Get other Senator's to sign it... You know like a petition.

Slai-Fon Youngblood, Senator of Anobis, and the Bright Jewel sector
Chairman of ISEC (Imperial Senate Ethic's Committee.)
Chairman & CEO of K/Y deep.

Exar_RayDate: Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 12:57 PM | Message # 19
Major general
If Senator Veritas' suggestion is followed, I will be happy to change my vote given the light of the new situation.

Toben-DomonDate: Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 1:11 PM | Message # 20
Major general
If there are even hostilities to be ceased, I may change my vote. However, until proof of said hostilities exists, then I remain firm.

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Eli_FitzgeraldDate: Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 1:23 PM | Message # 21
Major general
Awards: 1
Senator Youngblood, this resolution is far more forceful than a simple cease and desist letter. This is the people saying "cease and desist"—saying this action is wrong and it must stop. I've said before why I feel this is wrong, and why I feel it must stop, and nothing Senator Ryuun has said has convinced me otherwise. No disrespect to the Senator, but the justifications I've heard from him are inconsistent and flimsy. I vote in favor of the original wording preferably, but the current wording also if Senator Terrawin feels it necessary.

Eli Fitzgerald
Senator of Ralltiir (10 BBY—Present)

"I was elected to do some flamethrowing in the Senate. To a light a fire under those Senators and make it hot for them."

Slai-FonDate: Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 6:21 PM | Message # 22
Colonel
Well, I do believe you're right Senator Fitzgerald. I was just making sure I had everyone's story correct. I'd like to switch my vote to In Favor

I know if Anobis was illegally blockaded it would put quiet a dent on our shipping and we could lose profit, I'm sure the same would happen to most planets.

LomenRyuunDate: Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 5:17 AM | Message # 23
Lieutenant general
Senator Youngblood, for the last time, it is not a blockade. I would appreciate it if you and the other Senators would, how did Senator Fitzgerald say it? 'Cease and desist' the use of that term. Druckenwell is not running a blockade.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Verence_TerrawinDate: Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 8:12 AM | Message # 24
Major general
But Druckenwell does have it's ships in Monor II's space without permission! Breaching all manner of Inter-planetary law and prescedent. Druckenwell has declared war on Monor II with it's uninvited actions.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan
First Lord of the Foreign Office, Alsakan

Slai-FonDate: Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 2:17 PM | Message # 25
Colonel
I never said it was a blockade senator, I said if Anobis was blockaded it would really hurt our economy.

LomenRyuunDate: Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011, 4:04 AM | Message # 26
Lieutenant general
If Druckenwell had declared war on Monor II, you would know it, Senator Terrawin. There would be a formal declaration, largely because in such matters, Druckenwell stands on formality. If there were war, there would have been shots fired and people would be dead, Senator.

No, Druckenwell is not at war, gentlebeings. Druckenwell is simply keeping an eye out. Our forces have been at Monor II for over half a week now without incident. It is high time we progress further with assisting as we promised.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Johannes_OswaldtDate: Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011, 1:53 PM | Message # 27
Major general
Keep fighting the good fight Ryuun, don't cut and run. This Agapos person is obviously a religious lunatic and he couldnt run a toaster much less a planet. The moment he puts a stop to Imperial mining on Monor II is the moment he needs to go.. In the meantime, do what you have to do to make it hot for this serial onanist and nutcase. And Terrawin, Fitzgerald, your hearts are bleeding all over the place.. you might want to see to that.

Johannes Oswaldt
Senator and Governor of Eriadu

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 8:19 AM | Message # 28
Major general
"As far as anyone has presented to this body, there have been no actual hostilities on Monor II. It has however been demonstrated that Monor II has been lacking in its obligations to the Empire. Obligations that we are all subject to. Druckenwell has taken it upon itself to see that those obligations are met. I imagine that this body would not oppose military force to put down a violent revolution on any world."

"So Empress Teta must vote against this measure. Appropriate correction for the appropriate deficiency. I would like to refer to the letter of protest all of us received from Agapos the Ninth," here she paused for a moment as she pulled the document up on the datapad before her,

"I supplicate myself before your Senate and invite any world which values liberty to my space to Drive the Druckenwell oppressors away and so secure my people's freedom. They come uninvited and lust to take our resources and beautiful women for their own lascivious uses!" - Agapos the Ninth

"I volunteer myself to lead a delegation to Monor II to provide the support that the Imperial liason is no longer providing to Druckenwell's forces. However, in light of the usual stance of theocracies towards women I must also temper my offer with the request that a more senior, male Senator accompany me for my own safety."

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Slai-FonDate: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 3:29 PM | Message # 29
Colonel
I applaud your effort's Miss volFyr, especially after being so new to the Senate. I'd offer to go with you, but I have prior engagement's that I must attend to... I do hope you find a few good men to go with you. If not. my eldest son would be more than happy to oblige you on the trip. He's a well educated young man, following in his father's footsteps.

Senator_CambristDate: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 4:17 PM | Message # 30
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
With all due respect, Senator Youngblood, it would be the height of nepotism for a Senator's son to be appointed to a diplomatic mission when there are over a thousand other Senators who are capable of assuming this responsibility. As you can see, Senators, my disposition is not a diplomatic one and hence I am not well suited this mission, personally. But there are many of us who are. And on the issue of the Monor II operation and Senator Terrawin's proposed sanctions, I have made a decision as chair of the Commerce Committee to reflect Imperial policy on this issue and express no opinion either in support or opposed; provided Druckenwell's presence at Monor II is not a significant impediment to free commerce in the Doldur Sector, as it does not appear to be at this time.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Sanctions Against Druckenwell (For illegal blockading)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz