MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Thursday
7:08 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » Communications Node » Message to Jamie the Hutt
Message to Jamie the Hutt
Baroness_MagrathDate: Monday, 18 Mar 2013, 9:48 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Mr. Jamie,

It has come to my understanding that you hold a grasp on the Garang Spaceport. In the recent days to come I will have shipments arriving on Dantooine which will be holding resources needed for the construction of a new Magrath Winery. Enclosed with this message is a credit chip and a case of Magrath Winery Wines. All I ask in return is that my shipments are cleared of customs quickly and unmolested as they are transported to the construction site a ways north of the city Garang. Rest assured if all is well and completed then you can inform your employees that drinks for the next three months will be paid for by the Magrath family.

Signed,

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath
Baroness of the Empire - Jaemus
Duchess of the Bisellia System
Proprietor of Magrath Shipwrights
Proprietor of Magrath Textiles
Proprietor of Magrath Winery
Proprietor of Magrath Weapons Foundry
Proprietor of Magrath Mining Compound

Jamie_the_HuttDate: Tuesday, 19 Mar 2013, 5:57 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Baroness,

It is rare to meet nobility in such a far-flung region of the Galaxy. I believe it's wrong to assert that I hold a "grasp" upon the Dantooine spaceport, but the Dantooine Chamber of Commerce (which I am Chairman of) does hold a governmental monopoly upon operation of Spaceports, Landing Strips, Pads and Runways for Commercial use on Dantooine and it's moons. Perhaps that is where the mistake occurred.

I don't run the Customs authority, that's Bill Jenkins down at the strip, but so long as y'all aren't bringing anything severely illegal in I doubt he'll give you a problem. You'll find no molestation of your resources by the Port Authority, although there would be import duties from Customs for any large quantity of material.

My employees are paid by myself, and while I appreciate the offer I'm going to have to decline it, perhaps in lieu of this you would give a donation to the Dantooine Chamber of Commerce Widows and Orphans fund, a registered charity which does a lot of good work in the area.

How far North are you planning on building? I should let you know that the land gets into rougher and less farmed land up North mostly good only for ranching without irrigation and the roads ain't the best, I could help with some local transport within 500km or so but any further you're going to need to use some Atmospheric Transports to fly your material, which we can provide.

Sincerely,

Jamulon Tiure

Baroness_MagrathDate: Thursday, 21 Mar 2013, 8:57 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Mr. Tiure,

The title is of Imperial origin for services during the Clone Wars. The construction site is roughly 30km outside of the town Sulem in the Sulem Province far to the North. For the moment until the private landing pad is constructed I will be requiring the services of the Garang landing pad and the local transport that you mentioned (if it is possible.) All import duties will be paid in full for the large quantity of materials that shall be shipped to Dantooine.

While I understand that you must decline the offer; I will take into consideration the donating of funds to the Dantooine Chamber of Commerce Widows and Orphans fund; though the offer will still remain standing should any of your employees feel like taking up the offer. A wire transfer to the Widows and Orphans fund should arrive shortly in tune to a tidy two million credits.

Signed,

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath
Baroness of the Empire - Jaemus
Duchess of the Bisellia System
Proprietor of Magrath Shipwrights
Proprietor of Magrath Textiles
Proprietor of Magrath Winery
Proprietor of Magrath Weapons Foundry
Proprietor of Magrath Mining Compound

Jamie_the_HuttDate: Monday, 25 Mar 2013, 9:22 AM | Message # 4
Major general
Glad we have all that sorted Ma'am.

If I might ask.. is the landing pad setup you're building going to be for corporate or private use?

If I might give some advice too, y'all might want to make sure your Vineyard employs some locals, past enterprises (such as the Deralian Export business that ended up burned in what I understand was an accident) have suffered from a lack of community engagement. Holding a shindig in the nearest city (Sulem) might be a good idea too, if you don't mind me offering suggestions, a party and a few dozen cans of StoneKey helps amerliorate differences.

Oh, also, who's going to be running the place? May I suggest you have a manager who is either a local, or of comparable girth. Girth is respected here. I'm sure you have cultural advisors and such who can tell you all this, but in case they are just some ivory tower intellectuals I thought I'd tell you the way of things. Make y'alls business feel local, part of the life of the planet, and even the most backward will welcome it I am sure.

The donation is greatly appreciated, at this rate we'll be able to afford a couple more widows come the end of the season.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » Communications Node » Message to Jamie the Hutt
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz