MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Saturday
2:32 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Resistance » The Shadowfeed » THE MIGHTY MONNOK, VOL. II (A Voice of the People)
THE MIGHTY MONNOK, VOL. II
Major_WugsDate: Saturday, 09 Oct 2010, 11:51 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0

THE MIGHTY MONNOK, VOL. II
A Voice of the People

Response to a Little Brat—Is This Really Worth Our Time?

There's "really nothing fearsome" about a spoiled little girl playing war—a daughter of privilege who is in denial and proud of it, and who seems honestly to believe that she earned her rank rather than having it given to her like everything else in her comfy life on Soterios. Credits will buy you anything, including, apparently, an exception to the Empire's sexist ideology. And it is an exception; one rich girl in command of one minor unit doesn't change the fact that the fleet and the army and the leadership of the Empire are all predominantly white, male humans. And if you think that one Kaleesh general makes up for the genocides of the Caamasi and Callosian peoples, or the displacement of hundreds of thousands of aliens on Coruscant into poor, crowded ghettos, you, little girl, are a very particular type of crazy—the type that will believe anything the Empire or her daddy tells her, and will do anything they say.

You have heard of us, Commander. You heard of us at Nizon, and Naboo, and Renatasia, and you will hear of us again. We will be the last thing that you and your stormtroopers see. We've been at this longer than you have, little girl. Our resistance movement includes veterans of the Republic and planetary defense forces who have been fighting on the front lines since before you were born. We've earned our ranks through blood and sweat and skill. The same can't be said for you. And this war is not a sithspitting popularity contest. This is a war for the rights of the people, and you're on the wrong side of it, completely ignorant of the fact that people who have lost their homes, their bank accounts, their jobs, their friends and family, don't give a Sith about how popular you are on the holonet.

Listen closely to her words, citizens. This is how out of touch the Empire is. Does this spoiled and psychotic little girl really speak for you?

Major Wugs
Propagandist
The Socorran Resistance

Fajra_MeravDate: Saturday, 09 Oct 2010, 3:58 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Awards: 1
In denial? Just to be clear, I AM spoiled and I'm very much aware of it. I'm not going to lie to you, the people, or anyone listening. I speak to you, not as a politician, or one who bends words so that they appear...more appealing. I'm the real deal, there are no smoke and mirrors. But stunning looks and conceited personality aside, I earned my rank. Through hard work, dedication and broken nails. Credits can't buy you good grades, but they do however keep you from getting expelled for possessing illegal substances and such...oh and dueling.

And about these people you keep talking about, I've established many charities and made generous contributions to those in need. K thanx and bye.

Major_WugsDate: Sunday, 10 Oct 2010, 12:43 PM | Message # 3
Private
Awards: 0
*Having said all he needed to, there was no need for Wugs to reply. When a reply did come, it would come at the point of a blaster. But perhaps, Wugs thought, he had been too hard on the girl. After all, she had done the resistance a favor. Not only because her vanity and denial was on display for all to see, but also because, since she couldn't possibly have access to the Shadowfeed, she must have been using Imperial channels to broadcast her responses to the Mighty Monnok. That meant that this spat and the original propaganda broadcast that started it would reach a vastly larger audience than it ever would have if Merav hadn't responded at all. Wugs had the Empire to thank then, and Merav specifically, for drawing attention to the Mighty Monnok and spreading its message far and wide.*

Major Wugs
Propagandist
The Socorran Resistance

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Resistance » The Shadowfeed » THE MIGHTY MONNOK, VOL. II (A Voice of the People)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz