MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
11:01 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Kaal: The Opening of the Imperial Leisure Complex
Kaal: The Opening of the Imperial Leisure Complex
Taja_LohdenDate: Wednesday, 10 Nov 2010, 10:06 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Taja strode through the welcoming hall of the newly-built Imperial Leisure Complex, comissioned by her, with funds from her own pocket. The marble floor was carpeted in deep reds and purples, silver silken drapes bearing the Imperial insignia in glittering gold hung from the high ceiling, tethered to bronzium pillars which reached from the floor to the mirrored dome above.

Tables and chairs were set in the restaraunt, which itself could house a thousand people at a time; through the open doors, Taja witnessed a suited assistant set down the final pieces of crystal cutlery and upended empty wine glasses. The place was a testament to Taja's love for the Empire, and by extension, the loyalties of the people she represented. The Empire had provided well for Kaal, most of its Officers and other personnel choosing it as their preferred vacation spot, and even after the previous Senator had threatened their welfare by allowing rebels onto the planet, the Empire continued to use their facilities.
But Taja was not in a good mood.

"Cartwrights disease?" she snapped, so suddenly that her assistant almost jumped out of her heels. "I've never heard anything so ridiculous" she spat, turning to march toward the reception area, where one of the attendents was having trouble removing a scuff from the mahogany desk, which ran three-quarters of the length of the room.
"Ma'am?" her assistant asked. Neither of them were dressed in their usual Senate decorum, nor would they be until the guests arrived. Taja adopted simple black leggings with boots, and a sleeveless vest which showed off her bejewelled arms perfectly. Her assistant was in a plain suit, which must be uncomfortable considering the weather.
"If Senator Crion is suffering with anything other than a seditious mind, I'll eat my own wealth" Taja muttered, arriving at the desk.
"He's not invited, of course?" the assistant asked.
"He's not, and if anyone dares bring him as their guest, I'll bring the defense fleet down on this complex so fast he won't have time to sneeze, let alone cry out his treasonous spiel" she retorted. "Oh for crying out loud..." she snarled at the attendee, who's scrubbing had become more frantic. Taja slapped her out of the way, pulled a candlestick holder over the scuff, and turned away again to march to the grand staircase leading into the illustrious suites the complex had to offer.

"With me" she ordered her assistant, snapping her fingers as the girl tried to help the poor attendee, who's face was beginning to redden. "Cover that up, girl" she added, to the stung receptionist.
Without cracking a smile, and stress showing in her face, Taja led the way upstairs where she'd begin preparing herself for her guests. Nothing must go wrong. Nothing.

Milliardo_PeacecraftDate: Wednesday, 10 Nov 2010, 3:16 PM | Message # 2
Private
Ja’nar Cerra, Queen and Senator of Garos IV, always enjoyed being early. She just could not help herself but to catch people off guard. Most senators tended to turn up fashionably late. But not Ja’nar. She would never dream of it. You could see the true character of a host when you were early and they were not ready yet. Ja’nar enjoyed watching people, seeing how they interacted with peers and those who they perceived as being below them. One could learn much for a few moments of observation and she hoped this visit would help her make clear judgments on some of the newest members of the Senate.

Ja’nar was dressed for the event already, as her sleek Garosian Royal Cruiser, landed gracefully upon the pad that had been assigned to her. Ja’nar was already waiting for the ramp to lower, her arm looped around her travelling companion on this trip, the ever so handsome Dr. Milliardo Peacecraft. Milliardo wore a smile on his face, as he kept an arm securely around Ja’nar. While he had suggested that she did not travel to Kaal for such an event, the Queen and Senator, never took his advice so now he was here to make sure everything went smoothly.

Ja’nar crimson gown gently brushed the metal grates of the ramp as she moved down it, arm in arm with Milliardo. She was elegant as always, a warm smile on her face, her eyes sparkling, though any who had known her years ago, would notice it was different, as if it was forced. The humidity of the planet hit her like a ton of bricks as she took in a breath of the warm, sticky air. “Perhaps this was not the best outfit for me this evening” she would smile to the doctor.

Milliardo would just smile to her “You look beautiful, as always and this weather would do you good, though you should be at home, resting.”

Ja’nar would wrinkle up her nose at him for a moment “at home? You truly do not know how to have fun, and honestly I am here to enjoy myself, which means I may be pulling out my bikini later.”
Milliardo would smile “thank you for the warning your majesty”

Ja’nar could only roll her eyes at him as they moved towards the complex, her eyes taking in everything she passed, her eyes seeming to pay special attention to the little details throughout. “It seems very nice, perhaps we could vacation here.” She spoke softly to her companion, not really needing an answer from him. She knew he would say no, and would have reasonable and logical reasons for not coming back here for vacations.

Taja_LohdenDate: Wednesday, 10 Nov 2010, 3:32 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Hurriedly, Taja affixed her own jewellry, while her aide fussed around her dress, ensuring it was perfect for the occasion. That Taja was already wearing it while the aide did this only added to the rising tension of the Senator's mood.
"Oh, for... kriffing hell's sake, get out" Taja snapped, brushing the aide from the hem of her dress with her heeled foot. The outfit she'd chosen for the occasion was as garish as it was practical; deep scarlet and thinner than flimsiplast, it clung in all the right places to emphasize her womanhood, while being penetrable enough and flowing around the hem to allow her body some air in what was predictably going to be a typically hot, normal-for-Kaal day.

She hated the weather here, and much preferred the artificially cool, breatheable air of Imperial Centre.

Checking she was perfect, she cursed silently to herself as her silenced comm terminal indicated she had five awaiting messages, all from her chief of staff, all reporting the imminent arrival of Senator Cerra and her guest.
"By the stars..." she exclaimed to herself. She hadn't expected Ja'nar to show up, considering their quickly-forming rivalry in the Senate, much less appear early. Then she smiled to herself; not the type to make a deliberately late entrance, so all eyes would be upon her, Cerra's ploy must be to scope the situation and get a firm grasp on every possible detail as and when the others arrived.
Clever woman.

With added haste, Taja made her way down to the grand staircase, pulling on silver bracelet after silver bracelet, and sliding an opal, feathered grip into her loosely curled hair. Luckily, her guests hadn't made it inside the complex yet, otherwise she'd have been the perfect picture of unreadiness.
Somehow not slipping on the marble floor as she bypassed the carpets altogether, not willing to add a single crease before any guests arrived, she barely gave the entrance doors time to slide up and aside into their recesses, before taking up position on the top step.
Some distance ahead and to her right, overlooking the main promenade and the private beaches, was a giant structure covered in a violet-to-black fading canvas, hiding the contents from view. Beneath was the statue she wished to unveil, or - pending his availability - the Grand Vizier to unveil himself.

She waited on the top step, sure that any moment now, Senator Cerra would arrive with perfect scrutiny, her guest in tow.
Come to think of it... who was her guest?

GemmellDate: Wednesday, 10 Nov 2010, 3:38 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 1
To the facility, Imperial Advisor and confidante of the Emperor, had pointedly not been invited. However, he had decided to invite himself along to this event. As an Individual many tiers higher than these mere pawns, he knew an invite was hardly a necessity. He had arrived with little fanfare, dressed in a simply cut Vjunite tunic suit and with cosmetic treatments rendering him at his perpetual hight of style, he moved towards the facility. His cane, adorned with the Imperial Emblem clicked on the floor as he approached the entrance. A microscopic device within, sensitive to record the conversations of a whole large room was located within.

Alongside Gemmell was a boarding school friend, Mr Cratwright, the Head of the Imperial College of Medicine and Psychiatrist, he would prove invaluable to the evening. He would look and listen not only for the words used by this group, but also observe their body language, their facial expressions.. truly he would be an aid to the observation of the group. Cratwright was dressed in his customary loosely cut suit, and carried in his hand a smoking cigarette.

Lord Gregorious Gemmell
Advisor to the Emperor
Imperial Ruling Council

Mr_Pluto_CratwrightDate: Wednesday, 10 Nov 2010, 3:44 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
Mr Cratwright was indeed in attendance, alongside Lord Gemmell. His features were marginally ruddy, almost as if to imply intoxication, however, this was not the case. Mr Cratwright was simply marginally red skinned due to a recent exposure from a radiation burner he was using to experiment on a Cratwright's Disease Patient. Indeed, Cratwright always enjoyed appreciation of his work, and support of Lord Gemmell's proposal to make rebellion a mental illness in itself had brought him much praise from his Imperial Loyalist peers. He cast his eyes over the others approaching the door, considering their appearance, demeanour, reading their lips if they were too far off to hear.. being a master of psychiatry he gained much knowledge from what appeared to be a cursory glance about. As they approached the door, he dropped the cigarette to the ground, pausing momentarily to crush it beneath his shoe, before proceeding next to Gemmell.

Mr Pluto Cratwright
Consultant Neurosurgeon

Janar_CerraDate: Wednesday, 10 Nov 2010, 3:55 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Ja’nar’s gown was of crimson satin and a tad rigid. It hid the flaws of her body well though. The top was well fitted with a corset like structure and the sweetheart neckline allowed for her better assets to be shown off. It would hug her body down to about her knees where it flare off into a mermaid skirt. She kept her jewelry simple for this occasion, a lovely necklace of red rubies surrounded with sparkling white diamonds hung around her neck, and matching ear rings dangled down slightly. Her hair was had been placed up into a loose bun on the top of her head, giving her a more regal, yet youthful look.

Her guest was a good friend and her family doctor, though no one knew that of him. Milliardo had been seen at Ja’nar’s side many times, and had recently taken on the role of Representative of Garos in the Imperial Senate when she had to take care of matters at home. He was a good ten years older than Ja’nar and had seen war. He had experienced life to its fullest and was now an important part of the young woman’s small inner circle. Milliardo would keep his arm around her waist as they both moved into the complex. He was dressed in a simple black suit, with a silver dress shirt underneath and a crimson tie that would match Ja’nar’s gown.

Ja’nar’s eyes would look around the grandroom, as they soon fell upon Taja, a truly kind smile touching her slightly red lips. “Greetings Senator Lohden” Her voice was soft and smooth. Almost soothing to listen to. Ja’nar did not wish any harm to anyone, nor did she truly want enemies. “I wish to thank you for the kind invitation to be your guests here. I was quite surprised to get your invitation but quite happy to accept it, I do hope we can be friends outside of the senate halls.”

Milliardo would remain silent at Ja’nar’s side. He knew when to speak and when to let her do her thing. He was there for many reasons, playing a few different roles, date, guard, doctor, advisor, and friend were just some of them.

Ja’nar would glance to Milliardo for a moment, “I am not sure if you have been introduced to one of my dearest friend and representative for Garos when I am called away, Milliardo Peacecraft.”

Milliardo would tip his head respectful to Taja, “Senator Lohden”

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV
Acting Senator to the Republic, Garos IV

LomenRyuunDate: Wednesday, 10 Nov 2010, 4:18 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
Ryuun had arrived in his normal, quiet style. His shuttle was not flashy, nor extravagant. It was functional and no more. He'd never seen the point of having the taxpayers waste extra monies on extravagant methods of travel or security. The evening promised to be exciting, though. Senator Lohden was something of an interest to him, professionally speaking. He welcomed the chance to converse with her on her own grounds. It would also be an opportunity to see who else had come.

It was a bit of a surprise to see Vizier Gemmell in attendance, especially as the man had not been invited. Of course, the Vizier was likely to show up nonetheless. The man had an ego the size of a small moon. Or perhaps a large moon. Ryuun stifled his amusement at seeing Cratwright in attendance as well. The 'good doctor' was little more than a bootlicker in Ryuun's eyes and quite someone to be avoided. For now, the Senator contented himself with heading towards the expansive food tables.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Exar_RayDate: Thursday, 11 Nov 2010, 6:56 AM | Message # 8
Major general
A lambda-class shuttle would emerge from hyperspace over the planet of Kaal. The outside color would bare the markings of Dantooine, signifying the fact that Exar Ray was on approach. The pilot, a member of the Dantooine Militia, would enter the planet and send word that Exar Ray would be on approach. As the shuttle would enter the planet, it would go towards the designated landing spots and pick a free spot to land in. The wings would get up and Exar would stand up as the shuttle would come down for a landing, the gears making touchdown on the pavement. The ramp would be lowered and Exar would walk slowly down the ramp, taking a glance at the scenery. Processing forward, he would enter the building and seek out Taja.

Taja_LohdenDate: Thursday, 11 Nov 2010, 9:13 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
Taja proceeded into the building as her guests arrived, switching off her commlink and dropping it into a nearby plant-pot; she didn't wish to be interrupted every few seconds by her chief of staff alerting her to incoming guests. She'd only sent him on that particular errand because she didn't want him fussing around her at the gathering.
"Ja'nar, dear, what happens in the Senate stays in the Senate" she smiled, her haughty and stressed attitude of moments ago suddenly vanishing, replaced by smiles and delighted tones. "It's a pleasure to have you here. And Mr Peacecraft too... we have met, though I daresay it wasn't the most pleasant of exchanges" she chuckled, acknowledging Ja'nar's guest with a polite nod.

"I hope you'll enjoy your stay here, I've opened up the luxury suites early just for this occasion, and the entire complex is at your disposal. I expect the others will be arriving shorty..." she said, sparing a glance over her shoulder, spotting Vizier Gemmell and his guest, Dr. Cratwright. She silently scalded herself for forgetting to invite Gemmell, though she was sure she could bluff the oversight with a simple tribute to his ego later.
Taja steered the procession in the direction of the restaurant, taking a pointed examination of Ja'nar's attire.
"Well, don't you look radiant. I must confess, it is a relief that our conflicts in the Senate bear no impact on social engagements such as this" she admitted, stepping into the food area. She was surprised to see Senator Ryuun already milling around.
"Senator Ryuun? My my, you managed to sneak in here quickly" she said with a pleasant smile, leading Ja'nar and Millardo in his direction. An aide intercepted her, whispered something in her ear, then took off to remain as invisible as possible.
"It seems Senator Ray has just made planetfall. This is looking to be a promising event" Taja said, with a sideward glance to the expanse of stained glass windows.

Exar_RayDate: Thursday, 11 Nov 2010, 9:31 AM | Message # 10
Major general
As Exar entered the newly established Leisure Complex, he was quite amazed with the size of the building. "Must of cost a fortune to build." The Senator thought to himself as he explored deeper within the new building. As he rounded the corner, there was his objective in sight. Senator Taja was glancing at stained glass windows and this was the perfect chance to go and have a pleasant chat with the Senator. Granted she felt odd about the Senator, Exar simply smirked as he proceeded over and with a slight tap of her shoulders. "Senator." Ray gave a very respectful bow before having to have his cane thrust his upper body back up into the proper position. "I bring warm welcomes from Dantooine and if I may say... this is some building... excuse me... 'Complex.'" Exar laughed a little. "I do appreciate the invitation to this opening and if you will guide this old man to his respective table, perhaps we could have a pleasant chat along the way... even if you do find my methods a bit odd..."All Ray could do was wink a little.

Message edited by Exar_Ray - Thursday, 11 Nov 2010, 9:32 AM

LomenRyuunDate: Thursday, 11 Nov 2010, 4:35 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
Chuckling slightly, Ryuun bowed at the waist, greeting her. "I don't like too many formalities when I arrive for these sort of functions. I leave that to the others. I am simply a man enjoying a night at a beautiful new complex. It is, as always, a pleasure to see you, Senator." As Senator Ray approached, Ryuun gave a nod of greeting. Senator Ray was something of a joke in Ryuun's eyes. The man had been unable to even repress an uprising on his own world without coming to the Senate for aid. If anything, he struck Ryuun as something of a bumbler. There might be hope for the man yet.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Toben-DomonDate: Thursday, 11 Nov 2010, 5:03 PM | Message # 12
Major general
It was rare for the Senator of Sluis Van to attend the largely human-dominated events such as this. Nonetheless, he had chosen to come from Coruscant in a rather splendidly-made shuttle. Having received landing clearance and settled down, he made his way into the welcoming area proper. His scaled had been polished for this event and he wore some of his best clothing, so to speak. It seemed as if he was the only nonhuman present; a slightly unfortunate item but, in a human-dominated Empire, few people had expressed having any issues with Domon, largely because, despite the Empire's seemingly racist policies, Domon was still a large supporter of the majority of the Empire's policies.

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Crin_StarDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 5:12 AM | Message # 13
Major general
Awards: 2
Crin watched from a passenger seat as the pilot would guide her shuttle down to the surface of the landing pad. She was going to be one of the later arrivals but it would have been in bad form for her to ignore an invitation to such an event and as such she had come. She would be the only one coming off the shuttle, leaving the majority of her entourage back on Imperial Center for the time being. Being away and able to once again dress in the military dress uniform of Volus that she had so often felt like a welcome change in circumstance even if it was only to be a fleeting sensation.

As soon as she was clear she would move into the room her eyes casually inspecting the various decor around the fancy hall. It had been a long time since she had been to one of these and so she would just have to watch herself.

Milliardo_PeacecraftDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 2:59 PM | Message # 14
Private
Ja’nar and Milliardo stood very close to each other as they moved into the main hall with Taja. Ja’nar would of course still be smiling, while Milliardo kept a more somber face. He was always so serious at things like this, perhaps because he knew he had to babysit Ja’nar, especially this time. Ja’nar would smile to the new comers, all of whom she had been introduced to through the senate though she never truly sat down and spoke with them individually. Who had time to do that anyways? She certainly felt like she did not. “Oh I am sure I will enjoy my stay, Milliardo and myself always enjoy exploring new places, though honestly between you and me, he is a tad bit too careful and boring” she would smile playfully as she nudged the man beside her a bit in the side. Her eyes would go to Exar Ray as he approached and then to Ryunn as they came to see him in the large dining area. Well it seemed like this was going to be very much like the last Senatorial party she attended, just no dashing imperial officers for her to dance with.

Milliardo though would look back to Crin Star as she moved into the complex, smiling in her direction, giving the woman a playful little wink.

Taja_LohdenDate: Saturday, 13 Nov 2010, 12:19 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant
After laughing at Ja'nar's playful torment of her guest, Senator Lohden allowed herself to be re-directed by Exar Ray, if only for the opportunity to finally speak to the Senator in any shape or form. She made a mental note to approach Ja'nar and Milliardo later, once they'd settled in and they could perhaps speak further.
She gently folded her arm into the old man's spare one, letting him use the cane for further support as she walked him to a table with a nice view out of one of the plainer windows, overlooking the promenade beyond the boundaries of the complex. In the back of her mind, she wondered whether the old man really needed that cane.

"Senator Ray, every man or woman has his or her eccentricities. I only regret that business in the Senate hasn't allowed me to discover them first-hand" she replied sweetly, perhaps overly-so. She sat opposite Exar, snapping her fingers at a loitering waiter, indicating he should begin serving drinks as the guests were now filtering in.
As she waited for the old man to sit, she spotted Toben Domon out of the corner of her eye, and smiled a little at his presence. Having an alien here would, at least, settle the debates among her people that she was showing signs of xenophobia more and more since joining the Senate. Of course, being local news, that particular tid-bit of gossip had blissfully not reached the ears of Imperial Centre. She imagined the Coruscant Journal would have a field day with that one.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Kaal: The Opening of the Imperial Leisure Complex
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz