MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
9:34 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » In the Office of the Grand Vizier
In the Office of the Grand Vizier
GemmellDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 2:59 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Lord Gemmell had been spending some time in discussion with the Grand Vizier, and he seemed to be in good spirits as he exited the office, walking past the Senator from Volus as she approached the doorway. He gave her a smile and a wink, his eyes glancing momentarily up and down her body. "I'll see you later, Senator." he said lightly as he passed, before heading down the corridor to the turbolift.

Lord Gregorious Gemmell
Advisor to the Emperor
Imperial Ruling Council

Crin_StarDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 3:04 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Awards: 2
Crin blinked a bit at Gemmell but simply nodded and smiled in return. "Thank you Lord Gemmell." she said politely letting the man continue down the hallway. She would straighten up a bit before moving towards the door reaching to press the button to notify the Grand Vizier of her presence. Somehow this made her feel as though she was back in grade school and having to go up to the principal's office once again. Or almost as bad as when she had been back in boot camp and was about to get her rear chewed out by the training sergeant, it wasn't going to be pretty.

Sate_PestageDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 3:36 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0
Considering the Senator's expectations for this visit, she may have been pleasantly surprised upon entering the Grand Vizier's office. True, it was more spartan than one might expect—the Vizier, despite his title, seemed to have little interest in pomp or pageantry, and the room was adorned simply with grey, uninteresting furniture and a few abstract paintings that boasted an abundance of red hues that, as it happened, seemed to match the Vizier's robe. There were a few other items too (including a landscape of Naboo that seemed out of place, but shouldn't be since, having dutifully followed Palpatine for his entire career, Pestage had spent much of his own life, too, on that pastoral planet), but such decor was sparse, leaving a large amount of barren, negative space on the walls. Pestage himself was certainly the center of attention; he was seated behind his monstrosity of a desk (was it actually made out of durasteel? It looked like it) reviewing documents and correspondence with his brow furrowed in concentration. This lent a vaguely sinister character to his gaunt face, however.

It should be noted that the Grand Vizier's office was, understandably, secure. Sophisticated damper fields stopped transmissions from leaving or, if necessary, entering the room, and sensors scanned all guests for weapons. No doubt, the bare walls housed other, nasty surprises as well for would-be intruders. Naturally, though, the Senator would have no need for concern about this. Indeed, as she stepped into the room and Pestage glanced at her, his expression softened (as much as it could, at any rate). "Ah, Senator," he said cordially, gesturing to one of the chairs opposite his desk, "Please do sit down. You are well, I hope?"

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Crin_StarDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 3:50 PM | Message # 4
Major general
At the invitation Crin would move on inside of his office taking a moment to look around. She herself was almost instantly at ease with the surroundings being as she was more of a newcomer to pomp and circumstance than she was to the spartan way of life the battle field had never truly been a place for such things. Her eyes would scan hte landscape of naboo for a moment recognizing it only because of the holovideo's she had seen of the planet during the invasion and during the clone wars. It had been home to Palpatine and had been in the news quite a bit during those years even though back then she hadn't been able to watch much of the news.

Moving slowly she would eventually find herself in front of the desk sitting as she had been asked to do. "Thank you Grand Vizier, I am." she replied with a simple nod. "And yourself?" adopting something of a diplomatic respectful tone when dealing with the man. She was still not at ease but at the very least things hopefully wouldn't be too bad.

Sate_PestageDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 4:02 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
"I am well, thank you," he said. "Busy, of course," he added, "but I still like to make time to speak with Senators on a personal basis now and then." He set aside the datapad he had been studying, clasped his hands together and rested them on the desk before him as he took in the Senator. "I've been wondering, how are you finding Imperial Center? Although it's been far too long for me to remember when I was first acquainted with Coruscant myself, I'm told that it's quite an adjustment for a new Senator. It is, as they say, a city that never sleeps, and a planet-wide city at that." His tone remained cordial, for the time being.

Sate Pestage

Crin_StarDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 4:10 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Crin nodded a bit. "Naturally Grand Vizier." she replied when he admitted how busy he was though she would pause for a moment on how to answer his question. "Well first time this far into the core I must say its quite a sight like nothing I have ever seen before but still I believe I am making it through without any significant problems." she responded wondering to herself why all the small talk but she wasn't going to push matters more than they needed to be,.

Sate_PestageDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 4:25 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
"I'm glad," the Vizier said, and seemed to mean it. Then again, his pleasant demeanor might well be a facade. With Pestage, one couldn't know for certain until, as was said, the hammer fell. The hammer or, perhaps, the gavel. "If you'd like," he went on, "I can have Moff Brandt forward to your office a list of entertainment and fine dining establishments. I can assure you that your staff won't be disappointed; I find that Rainier has sterling taste in such things." He leaned back in his chair, then, and planted his elbows on the armrests, his fingertips meeting in front of him as he added, "Of course, I didn't invite you here only for 'small talk.' I'm curious, also," he paused for a moment, raising an eyebrow that seemed to reprise that vaguely sinister character to his gaunt features, "If you find it's been raining a bit much lately? It seems that Imperial Center's theater shield network has been interfering with the weather patterns, and, I'm told, may be causing more lightning and thunderstorms of the sort I'm sure you've noticed. I'm considering raising this issue with Rainier, but I've been asking for opinions first, you see."

Sate Pestage

Crin_StarDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 4:34 PM | Message # 8
Major general
Crin looked out the window for a moment. "Well, I come from a world where there isn't much in the way of weather control so I'm used to the rain." she said with something of a shrug. "Of course that would be most wonderful I am sure that the staff will enjoy such a list and will endeavor to eat in as many of them as are on the list." she replied keeping up a gracious and respectful tone not sure what the true reason was that she had been brought here but she could go with this for now.

Sate_PestageDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 4:53 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
"It used to rain precisely once a month on Imperial Center," Pestage noted, flatly. Whether he was lamenting this or simply noting it, one couldn't be sure. The observation hung in the air for a moment before the Vizier leaned in on his desk once more. "Well," he said, "I do not wish to detain you any longer. I must ask, though, is there anything I can do to help you or Volus in the coming weeks? Your world's fealty to the Empire has been exemplary, and I would like to see this rewarded insofar as I can. How is your economy faring? Would it benefit from a package of tax incentives, perhaps?"

Sate Pestage

Crin_StarDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 4:58 PM | Message # 10
Major general
Crin looked at Sate for a moment. "Tax incentives are always a welcome bonus, Grand Vizier but the people of volus wish to stand next to the empire and continue to do our part to keep it strong and healthy. The correct question, with your pardon Grand Vizier, is what can the people of Volus do for the Empire?" she said maintaining her extreme stance in support of the empire. "Of course if you ever need a vacation I am sure the people of Volus would love to provide for you a trip to Panas. The offer is of course relegated to any true servant of the empire."

Sate_PestageDate: Friday, 12 Nov 2010, 5:12 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
"Very generous of you, Senator," Pestage said as he stood from his seat. "I fear I won't soon have time for a vacation, however." How true this was. With the Emperor occupied in his, shall we say, occult pursuits, much of the daily business of the Empire was left to Pestage. Chairing the Senate was only a small, if time-consuming, part of the Grand Vizier's job. He also met with Imperial officials, from Admirals to Moffs, chaired the Ruling Council, and even screened the Emperor's appointments and, on occasion, tasted his food. Sate Pestage was indefatigable, and inhumanly so. Some would say it wasn't the only thing about him that was inhuman, either. He extended his hand to shake her's. "A pleasure to speak with you, Senator Star. My door is open to you whenever you need my counsel."

Sate Pestage

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » In the Office of the Grand Vizier
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz