MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
8:07 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Ronsard Entrente of Commenor meets Senator Ja'nar Cerra
Ronsard Entrente of Commenor meets Senator Ja'nar Cerra
RonsardEntrenteDate: Sunday, 14 Nov 2010, 6:44 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Ronsard_Entrente wears a freshly cut suit from one of the higher-end tailors servicing the Imperial Center's upper bureaucratic crust, he strides confidently down the marble of the main Senate gallery's foyer, circling around to the right spot to take him up to Garos IV's section.

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå sat quietly within her office int he senate complex. She had just gotten back in from Garos recently allowing Milliardo to get a bit of a break. Ja'nar's receptionist sat at a little desk in front of the large durasteel blast doors Ja'nar had put in. Ja'nar sat behind a large black desk. Her office was not like most would imagine. It was void of all personal effects, no pictures of her or family, no pictures at all hanging on the walls, there was a little plant though, a fern that had been a gift years ago from Vanden, Naboo's Representative.

Ronsard_Entrente takes the elevator to the right floor, straightening his blazing red tie as he walks out of it and down the black marble hallway, stopping once he gets to an opening with a placard showing that this was the Garos delegation offices, he steps in and announces himself to the receptionist. "Hello, I am Representative Ronsard Entrente from the Commenor delegation, here to see Senator La Cerra?"

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå The young man who sat out there would look to him, standing up "Yea...Well I would hope you were here to see her..." he would shake his head, standing up, and peering into the office to see if Ja'nar was still in there, and was not asleep "Ja, time to work" Ja'nar would look up from her holobook with a smile as she nods her head, moving to stand up, her midnight blue gown falling in place around her form as she moves to stand infront of the desk, her hands clasped together behind her back. The inner office only had the desk and two chairs, though there was a couch on the far side with a cozy blanket draped over the back of it. The young man would look to Ronsard "You may enter"

Ronsard_Entrente "Thank you" he says politely to the man, then enters the senatorial office..it was not what he was expecting, strokes his dark goatee in a moment of uncertainty, but brushes away the doubts and greets her in a friendly manner, "Senator La Cerra, a pleasure to finally meet you"

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå would smile softly to the man who had just entered her office space "A pleasure to meet me? You must have me confused with Senator Oriel..." she would smile to him a bit playfully, as she moves towards him, seeming to glide across the office space, as she extends a hand to him "Well, you know who I am, may I know your name sir?"

Ronsard_Entrente : I am Ronsard Entrente, hoping to be the next senator of Commenor to continue the tradition of my father and grand-father of serving in the public interest. You may have heard of my request to join the Empire?

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå would smile brightly as she took his hand and shook it "Of course, my representative just briefed me about you this morning over breakfast. It is a pleasure to meet you Ronsard, and if I remember correctly you have a wife named Eva and a son, Kethios, correct?" Ja'nar had done a low level background check on the man and his family, to see if she would have another enemy or not. "I know Milliardo voted in favor of Commenor joining the republic as did my good friend Senator Star and I apologize for the others, they can be just awful"

Ronsard_Entrente blinked a few times, thrown off by this bit of his own personal information, but recovers quickly, figuring that she is only trying to open up to him, he also knew Imperial agents of the Inquisition branch would ensure that he was..properly loyal enough. "Yes, and I do appreciate that vote of confidence, Commenor has had...a cool stance with the Empire since its formation out of the Republic."

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå would motion to one of the chairs infront of the desk "please have a seat, would you like anything to drink?" she asks softly as she moves to a small drink cart, to make a cup of hot chocolate for herself. "Of course, But we must look out for our best interests and at the moment that is with the Empire it seems"

Ronsard_Entrente "Thank you, Senator." maintaining formality despite her use of his first name, he was unsure of this woman, and perhaps overly suspicious of Imperial agents spying in, he looked around as if looking for bugs, he sat down in the chair she offered, "I had a chance to review some of the more recent debates in the Senate, from what I gather it seems you are a champion of individual system sovereignty over direct Imperial hegemony

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå would make two mugs of hot chocolate, bringing them both over to the desk, as she hands one to him before leaning back against her desk, taking a sip of hers. "Ah yes, well I do what i feel is right. I have more at stake here than most. I am senator and ruler of my planet. If I displease my people, I am put into a very dangerous situation"

Ronsard_Entrente, almost surprised by his own frankness, could be hanged for speaking so openly, but he did not become head of the Commenor delegation by avoiding a few broken daisies. "A dangerous situation? How do you mean?"

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå Well dissent at home is the worst thing ever. While I hold complete power, if the tides should turn, my people could easily over throw me." Ja'nar would shrug her shoulders "It doesn't matter. I am just talking, don't mind me. I am still a bit lagged from my trip back here" she would give him a small smile. Any who knew ja'nar, knew that she had not been herself this go around in the Senate, she had lost some of her sparkle, she had lost her heart.

Ronsard_Entrente "Well, from what little I've seen, you bring a refreshingly independent voice to the Imperial Senate, a Senate that seems more and more merely a personal club for the Emperor" he shifts in his seat uncomfortably, somewhat fearful that he is going too far in his open opinions

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå : would smile a bit "Of course it seems like that...that is exactly what it is!" she would shake her head "I wish I had a club like that some days, it would be nice to have people falling all over themselves to please me...but its not going to happen. Things will balance out. Sense will come back to the Imperial Senate and people will start to vote for what they believe to be right. And if it doesn't. I will take care of them" she would give him a playful little wink, her office wasn't bugged and she had disruptors throughout just incase. Ja'nar was known for being paranoid back on Garos and that paranoia just grew on the Imperial Center.

Ronsard_Entrente relaxes some after her agreement, "I have watched the deliberations of the Senate from the outside, from Commenor, and I have not been impressed by what I've seen." he raises a brow at her wink, wondering about the social norms of Garos IV, all he knows about it is its absolute monarchy and its historic antagonism toward the Galactic Empire.

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå would nod "I am not impressed either. There are a few that still think for themselves, Senator Crin Star of Volus is one. Representative Vanden of Naboo is as well." she would let out a soft sigh whens he spoke of Vanden.

Ronsard_Entrente "The haughtiness and arrogance emanating from that once august body is sickening, when my father was serving in the Old Republic, true statesmen shone through the petty feuds between trade federation types and ambitious politicians. That was a time when persuasive argument and a principled message carried the day."

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå would nod her head "OF course, but now it is just petty arguments and more and more of our freedoms, our individual disappearing" she would shake her head "What kind of galaxy are we leaving to your children?"

Ronsard_Entrente leans back in his chair, apologizing for his outburst of lecture, "Senator..Ja'nar..if I may..." clears his throat, "I know Imperial security is tight, but have you thought about forming a clandestine opposition party to the Imperialist faction? Perhaps if we have can form a solid minority..."trails off, letting her chew on this

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå would glance to him "I am already being looked at. I cannot risk it. That is why I allowed for someone else to play my part here for awhile....to allow things to cool down"

Ronsard_Entrente strokes his goatee in deep concentration, "Perhaps if I could begin the process, using a list of your known contacts, and what of Alderaan? They have been historically conservative when it comes to pushing a strong-armed military presence in every sector."

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå : I am not sure, I have not heard from their delegation in a long time, and my list of contacts is very short. I trust very few

Ronsard_Entrente : Hmm, things don't move very quickly here in the capital, do they?" He smiles wryly at his question, amused at the strange twist in Imperial military efficiency as applied to its political appendage.

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå would shrug her shoulders "It just depends on what it is." she would turn to look out the large windows at the speeder traffic "out side it does, but within these walls, never..."

Ronsard_Entrente sighs in frustration at the stagnation of the political progress on this once great capital world, "Does the Emperor ever make public appearances anymore, or addresses the Senate?"

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå : not that I have seen since my return. He has little lapdogs speaking for him it seems.

Ronsard_Entrente : Such as that vizier of his?

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå : of course! and the intelligence agents that have been harssassing me and Vanden

Ronsard_Entrente snorts at that, despite his cultured background, "I suppose I'll get the same treatment if the threats from Senators Ordan and Veritas are true?"

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå Probably...just smile and give them the answers that they want." Ja'nar went a bit further than that, she kept her family secret, she kept her son one of the best kept secrets in the galaxy actually. Only a handfull of people knew, and none of them would talk.

Ronsard_Entrente : Well, assuming I go quietly..what do you think Commenor's chances are of being admitted into the Empire?

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå : Fairly High...I know you have Garos, Volus, and Aeeq will support it right away. Aeeq's senator is new, the planet is fairly new as well. The others are willing too as long as they can gut your fleet and get some money off of you

Ronsard_Entrente : Yes, the old bribe seems to be trump here...I've been trying to emphasize Commenor's shipbuilding capacities to entice the defense committee to admit us out of hand, in addition, I could play up our 'civil war' to rid ourselves of anti-Imperialist factions

Jāñåŕ¤Çéŗŕå : I would do that...." her comm would begin to go off as she reaches for it and checks the number "i am sorry but I need to cut this converstation short...come see me again and we talk more, I need to take this call"

Ronsard_Entrente "I will keep in touch, Senator" smiles and nods at her, and gets up to leave, wondering if he's more frustrated than encouraged by that political meeting...

Ronsard Entrente

Senator of Commenor
Ranking Member, Commerce Committee

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Ronsard Entrente of Commenor meets Senator Ja'nar Cerra
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz