MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
6:06 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » A Journey to Azbrian
A Journey to Azbrian
Alyn_StarkDate: Thursday, 31 Jan 2013, 5:30 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Users
Awards: 2
The Beautiful Mind dropped out of hyperspace in the Azbrian System. Transmitting proper clearance to the authorities as soon as it exited, the yacht declared its cargo as 'diplomatic' and announced an intent for the person on board, one Alyn Stark, to speak to the governor of Azbrian. As the communications went on about landing clearances and procedures, Stark himself looked out one of the viewports, eying the agricultural world below. It was an important world in Core Worlds parlance, and Stark was known here for his efforts to improve Cambria. Indeed, there were certain items in motion to see that it would become a more permanent home for himself and his family, but he was not quite ready to depart the Kinyov Province for a higher station in life.

This, though, sealing an alliance with an agricultural world, would benefit him greatly, as well as benefit both Cambria and Lorrd.

Added (26 Jan 2013, 9:17 PM)
---------------------------------------------
"This tea is quite excellent, I must say," Stark said as he set his cup down upon the saucer. The midday sun upon the room had quite the warming effect, surrounded by large windows as it was. The top of the governor's rather splendid home was head and shoulders above the rest of the buildings in the city; likely the tallest habitable structure on the planet and a skyscraper in its own right, especially for an agricultural world.

Across from him, the slightly balding, rather rotund form of Yommen Luun, planetary governor of Azbrian, was settled comfortably into a chair that looked a bit careworn, but by its spots of wear was obviously the governor's favorite place to sit. Practically beaming, Luun motioned for Stark to pour more. "It's a localized blend we developed here on Azbrian," the man said with some pride, causing Stark to smile. For an Imperial, Luun was a rather happy man, something Stark was not used to seeing with the stoic faces in the Imperial military machine and the governors of the Outer Rim, but here in the Core Worlds, it was a different place.

"I thank you as well for seeing me today," Stark said as he poured more tea. "Governor Bhest asked me to come as an unofficial ambassador of sorts," he continued, referring to his close friend as the Governor of Cambria. "As such, I realize I don't merit any special attention, but with this being some free time for you, it all worked out nicely." Luun nodded and sipped at his own tea before popping a small wafer into his mouth.

Added (31 Jan 2013, 5:30 AM)
---------------------------------------------
"Now to the matter at hand," Stark said once he was comfortable. "Governor Bhest is a man who watches the news quite often; even news as far out as the Outer Rim, especially where it concerns trade. As you may or may not be aware, the Cronese Mandate has been fashioning trade alliances and throwing in attempts at defense pacts all through the Outer Rim."

Wiping a bit of crumb from the corner of his mouth, Luun interrupted briefly. "That's well and good for the Cronese and their odd folk, but how exactly does that effect us Core Worlders? I've never been to the Mandate, nor would I! Horrible place with all their gambling restrictions and pirate worlds."

Chuckling slightly, Stark did his best to steer the topic back on course. "If the Outer Rim is banding together for some massed trade network, why shouldn't the Core Worlds? We already work together to secure the Core; we should take it a step further. Cambria will soon be a full-fledged fortress world to safeguard the Core alongside other such world; why shouldn't Azbrian enjoy some of the protection it offers, and while that is happening, both worlds can hold a mutually beneficial trade act. An alliance of Core Worlds is what Governor Bhest and I discussed, and that is what I bring before you today as, hopefully, the first signatory in this matter."

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Senior Captain, Retired, Republic Navy
Head of House Malos (former)
Licensed bounty hunter
Majority shareholder, Lorrd Engineering
Owner, Stark Defense Conglomerate
Civilian Medal of Honor recipient
Representative, Lorrd (10 BBY-9 BBY)

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » A Journey to Azbrian
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz