MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Monday
7:56 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » A Meeting with Lim Hejin
A Meeting with Lim Hejin
TheshDate: Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 11:35 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Starstation 12—the only reason to visit the planet Vestar. Yet for most people, the trading post in Vestar's orbit wasn't a destination in and of itself, but a pit stop on the way to somewhere else. Not so for Thesh; he'd chosen Starstation 12 as his meeting place with Lim Hejin, an old associate. Thesh didn't much care for the Human, or for Humans in general, but he had a fond memory of working with him at Kuantar. The payoff at Kuantar had been as good as Hejin had promised him—to this day, nearly half of the Bloodlust's store of consumables was stamped with Telosian markings. Plus, it had been satisfying to rob the same place for a third time, and on top of that the job had ended with an explosion. And Thesh did enjoy a good explosion.

This time, however, it was the Weequay who had a proposal for Hejin. Thesh's ships—the Bloodlust, a heavily-modified Tartan patrol cruiser, and the Chuzalla, an increasingly beat-up Wayfarer-class transport—weren't enough for this job. Thesh needed the Stars of Arcadia and the firepower that it packed. The job wouldn't be easy, but everyone knew Hejin hadn't worked in awhile now and Thesh was hoping the Human would need the money bad enough to set aside any misgivings he might have.

Starstation 12 was a ramshackle space station, but it was the kind of place no one looked for you, least of all the Empire, and where everyone—by mutual, unspoken agreement—minded their own business. In the center of the station was a food court with an old zero-G fountain that didn't work anymore. Thesh sat alone at one of the benches in front of the fountain, waiting for Hejin to show up. His arms stretched out to either side of him on the back of the bench, his already-wrinkled face was wrinkled all the more with an impatient frown as he glanced around the food court.

Thesh
Pirate, Captain of the Bloodlust

Message edited by Thesh - Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 11:38 PM

Lim-HejinDate: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 3:03 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
The Stars of Arcadia approached Starstation 12 at a leisurely pace, allowing it to launch its ATR-6 transport that served the crew well as a coming-and-going vessel. As the transport launched, requesting clearance to land. On board, Hejin idly tapped his fingers on the rear of the co-pilot's chair. The pilot for the moment, Keji Genkai, was unaffected by the slight distraction and when given clearance, smoothly piloted the craft on manual into the docking area and lowered it gently to the deck.

"Isn't it odd for Thesh of all people to contact you?" Petra's voice came lazily over the comm system; she'd remained behind on the Stars for this trip.

"Not overly. We parted ways amicably enough after Kuantar and that was profitable in our way. Nonetheless, the crew's got to eat and the ship will eventually need more service than we can easily provide, and that means credits. Thesh contacting me means he needs me. Or you. Or one of us. Or all of us and the whole ship. That means credits, of course. So here I am to meet him. Don't worry so much. I can handle myself."

With a grin, mostly for himself, Hejin strolled down the open ramp with Klaus and Trigger at his back. Even in such a place like this, it was foolish to go alone, and Hejin hadn't survived on brains and a fast draw alone; friends tended to count for a lot. He'd come to the meeting point in the station's center before long, spotting Thesh and approaching with a cheerful wave. "Thesh, old boy. You're looking dapper as ever. You need to get out more and enjoy the galaxy."

Lim Hejin
Acquisitions Expert

TheshDate: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 9:38 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Thesh had been foolish and come alone. He nodded to Hejin and sat up, making room for him on the bench. "Yeah, because I really need to work on my tan," he said, sardonically. "Think the Stars can take out a Golan?" the Weequay asked, apparently not in the mood for pleasantries. He glanced around the mostly-deserted food court as he spoke, crinkling his nose at the smell of some sort of nerf gumbo wafting over from one of the stalls. He didn't seem to care much about Hejin's backup men; either he didn't consider Hejin a likely threat, or he was on the look out for a more likely threat. Either way, Thesh didn't seem to be his usual, arrogant self. Ornery as ever, though.

"Specifically a Golan II," he added, looking over at Hejin to gauge the Human's reaction.

Thesh

Lim-HejinDate: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 11:28 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Fortunately for Thesh, as some might assume, Hejin was one of the few who believed and lived by at least some code of honor and, as such, Thesh was quite safe from any detrimental action. Sitting down next to Thesh as Trigger and Klaus lounged about to keep any passersby passing, Hejin stretched slightly. "Take out a Golan II by itself? You know it outguns my poor ship by quite a large amount. It's not to say it can't be done, of course; the Stars has her small compliment of support craft if you recall from Kuantar. Hypothetically, if I could get someone inside, it would help... or if Trigger had some time to slice into the platform's security systems and work some of his tech magic to throw off some of their systems... then it's possible."

Hejin rubbed his jaw as he thought it over, considering the challenge. "What are you brewing up in that old Weequay mind of yours?"

Lim Hejin
Acquisitions Expert

TheshDate: Thursday, 21 Mar 2013, 10:17 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
Thesh scoffed. "Trust me, it's not my idea," he said, "but the makacheesa is good—5,000 tons of pure Kessel spice, fifty-fifty split. It'll pay for the whole job, plus a new ship for you and a new ship for me." With that amount of spice, Thesh had to be working for the Hutts. And considering his dour mood, he probably didn't have a choice in the matter. The once-proud independent pirate had had to flee to Hutt Space when the Empire had cracked down first on Chuzalla, then on Roon. And the Weequay wasn't happy about it. "We'll need them," he went on, "The Stars, Bloodlust, Chuzalla, a tricked out Diamond-class transport I have my eye on..." he paused, and looked Hejin's way mischievously, "... and a DP20 frigate. If you're in, I'm going to need you to help me borrow it from its current owners: old friends of mine, the Deralians." He seemed to relish the thought; indeed, Thesh loved to send Deralian blood pressure through the roof.

"The Golan comes later," he added, "I have a plan for that. As for the DP20, well... La pim nallya so bata de wompa. But what do you say, Hejin? You in?" Supposing they could line up all the ships that Thesh had mentioned, they could stand a chance at taking out a Golan II. Hejin would know that. Still, the lack of information must have troubled him. Thesh seemed to anticipate this: "I can't tell you any more until I know you're in," he said matter-of-factly, glancing around again.

Thesh

Lim-HejinDate: Friday, 22 Mar 2013, 5:03 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
"Going up against the Deralians to steal a DP20 to use against a Golan II? Yanee dah poo noo." Apparently, Thesh had fallen on some very hard times if he was even considering doing this job; then again, the Hutts were not forgiving masters. "Fifty-fifty split seems fair enough, and that's some decent credits there. I'll tell you, outside Hutt Space, it's hard to find decent work. The Empire. RimSec. And there's this new organized crime group I've been hearing about lately. Ah well, doesn't matter." Hejin shook his head slightly and grinned at the Weequay.

"Call it old times, but I'm in. Never been so fond of Deralians that I wouldn't mind sticking it to them once or twice. I can always see if I can pull together a few more ships and pay them out of my half of the cut."

Lim Hejin
Acquisitions Expert

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » A Meeting with Lim Hejin
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz