MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
7:09 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » A base instead of the planet we were talking about Jace
A base instead of the planet we were talking about Jace
Talri_NikaniDate: Tuesday, 28 Sep 2010, 11:24 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0

Lucrehulk-class battleship turned Shipyard

Production information:

Manufacturer: Hoersch-Kessel Drive, Inc.
Product line: Lucrehulk-series
Model: Modified Lucrehulk-class LH-3210 cargo freighter
Class: Shipyard

Technical specifications:

Length: 3,170 meters
Maximum acceleration: 3,000 G
Maximum speed (atmosphere): 500 km/h
Engine unit(s): Thrusters only
Hyperdrive rating: None
Backup: None
Power output: Peak (shields): ~1,08 × 1025 W

Armament:

Clone Wars refitting:

Ring carrier:

 164 Point-defense quad laser batteries (Active)
 472 Assault laser cannons(Active)
 48 Turbolasers(Active)

Core ship:

 21 Point-defense quad laser batteries (Active)
 48 Assault laser cannons (Active)
 3 Turbolasers (Active)

Complement:

17 C-9979 landing craft (Active)(Max capacity: 50)
495 Vulture droid starfighters(Active)(max capacity: 1500)
495 Troop carriers(Active)(max capacity: 1500)
182 Multi-Troop Transports (Active)(max capacity: 550)
2,063 Armored Assault Tanks (Active)(max capacity: 6,250)
30,000 B1 Battledroids-Base units(Active),
10,000 B2 Super Battledroids(Active)
768 Droidikas(Active)

5k various Security droids(Active)(917 Dwarf Spider Droids, 533 Sniperdroids, 150 BX-Series Commandos, 1400 Buzz Droids, 250 Crab-droids, 459 Advanced Dwarf spider droids, 91 Droideka mk 2, 200 B3 Ultra Battledroids, 250 JK-13 Security Droids, 150 NR-N99 Pursuader-class droid enforcer, 200 Manta Droid SubFighter, 100 Droid Tri-fighters, 200 IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tanks, 100 BL-Series Battle Legionnaire, 25 NR-1100 Slicer Droid, 75 Probe Droids)

34,600 various non-combat Droids(600 R2-KT Astromechs, 4000 H-8ME Mechanic Droid, 400 R2-D2 Astromechs, 80 two-one B surgical Droids, 120 FX-6 Medical Assistant Droids, 3400 FA-4 Pilot droids, 40 K-3PO Model Protocol Droids, 1000 Prowler 1000 exploration Droids, 10000 Spelunker probe droid, 5000 RA-7 Protocol(espionage droids), 60 EVS Construction Droid, 5300 KM1 Mining droids, 600 Q-4 Borer Droid, 500 3D-4 Administrative droids, 2500 MK-series Maintenance droids, 250 8D Smelter Droids, 250 0X9 Labor Droids, 150 Dum Series Pit Droids, 50 BigScoop Robo Harvester, 300 BLX General Labor Droid)

Crew: 20,001 (all but 1 is droids)
Passengers: 100,000
Cargo capacity: 5 million tons
Consumables: 500 days

Usage/Role(s):

Battleship
Carrier
Command ship
Shipyard

Era(s):

Rise of the Empire era
New Jedi Order era

Affiliation:

Trade Federation
Confederacy of Independent Systems
Separatist holdouts
Trade Federation resistance
Phoenix Arms Shipyards
Galactic Empire
Corporate Sector
Independent merchants
Alliance to Restore the Republic
The Colony

This old warship was found by Talri in one of the abandoned test sites that were controlled by the sepratists but never actually found by the Empire. Most of the equipment that was at the facility was scrap, or semi-usable as spare parts, but this ship still had some life in it(some). Its Hyperdrive was damaged and all of its weapons systems were burned out, so he only managed to get one Hyper jump out of the ship before he had to shut the engines down. Luckily he got the ship to a neutral area where he could start work on it.
A large percentage of the droid equipment onboard is inactive, but he has managed to reprogram and reactivate a fair number of droids to help him start the repairs on the ship, and all of its systems. But for the moment he uses it as a headquarters for his spy operations. Its massive computer memory core gives him more then enough room to store every bit of information that he can find.
Most of the storage area of this ship is filled with all the ordenance that he could find at the old abandoned test site, mostly for use with his more mobile ship. But some of it is what parts he could find for the ship itself, tho he was not able to find very much.
The only thing that is fully operational on this ship, is the general power core, life support, computers and many of the other every day operations systems, just not the engines and the tactical systems. The reactivation of many of the droids and the systems are very slow in coming. The more he activates the more he puts to work on the tactical and engineering systems. He only uses a few of them for his usual everyday Uses.
This ship is little more then a hunk of Junk(or at least appears to be from the exterior) but thats exactly what Talri wants people to think when they see it, From the outside it doesnt even look like its worth salvaging. Even tho its semi-operational, theres still alot of work that needs to be done on it, and thats why its so heavily hidden.

The Bridge:

The rebuilt bridge looks like this:

Message edited by Talri_Nikani - Friday, 01 Oct 2010, 8:46 AM

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 30 Sep 2010, 9:12 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I just need to run some numbers and I'll hit this up later this afternoon (I promise!). Could use Orion about now though..

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Talri_NikaniDate: Thursday, 30 Sep 2010, 5:09 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Ok so with the changes that we were talking about, this Lucrhulk Battleship is basically being made into a Ship construction unit. Its Engines have been stripped down and added to the equipment for use. However, everything else is now Active(weapons, sheilds, thrusters, etc):

the droids will be as follows:

Security Droids:

- 17 C-9979 landing Ships
- 495 Vulture droids
- 100 Droid Tri-fighters
- 495 troop carriers
- 182 MTTs
- 2063 AATs
- 30,000 B-1 Battledroids
- 10,000 B-2 super battledroids
- 200 B3 Ultra Battledroids
- 533 Sniperdroids
- 150 BX-Series Commandos
- 1400 Buzz Droids
- 250 Crab-droids
- 917 Dwarf Spider Droids
- 459 Advanced Dwarf spider droids
- 768 Droideka mk 1
- 91 Droideka mk 2
- 250 JK-13 Security Droids
- 150 NR-N99 Pursuader-class droid enforcer
- 200 Manta Droid SubFighter
- 200 IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tanks
- 100 BL-Series Battle Legionnaire
- 25 NR-1100 Slicer Droid
- 75 Probe Droids

Construction Droids:

- 250,000 B-1 battledroids reprogrammed into construction/engineering/repair droids(and other droids required for ship construction)
(The above mentioned droids will never be reprogramed back into combat droids- If they ever are this request is moot and I loose everything)
- 34,600 droids for a variety of other uses, like pilots, medical personelle, Officer droids(Listed Below):
----- 600 R2-KT Astromechs
----- 4,000 H-8ME Mechanic Droid
----- 400 R2-D2 Astromechs
----- 80 two-one B surgical Droids
----- 120 FX-6 Medical Assistant Droids
----- 3,400 FA-4 Pilot droids
----- 40 K-3PO Model Protocol Droids
----- 1,000 Prowler 1000 exploration Droids
----- 10,000 Spelunker probe droid
----- 5,000 RA-7 Protocol(espionage droids)
----- 60 EVS Construction Droid
----- 5,300 KM1 Mining droids
----- 600 Q-4 Borer Droid
----- 500 3D-4 Administrative droids
----- 2,500 MK-series Maintenance droids
----- 250 8D Smelter Droids
----- 250 0X9 Labor Droids
----- 150 Dum Series Pit Droids
----- 50 BigScoop Robo Harvester
----- 300 BLX General Labor Droid

Message edited by Talri_Nikani - Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 11:09 AM

OrionKarathDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 8:41 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
I've said this before to another member when they were new, and please don't take offense to this as I think the other did, albeit privately. Jace is not our sole Manager. I am also here, although I was away for a couple of days. Now, saying "Hey, this is this thing we talked about Jace." or the never existent "Hey, this is the thing we talked about Orion." without any details other than some numbers and such make a request not only unproductive but confusing and frustrating as the other is left in the dark. So just for future reference, although you were actually good about it on this one, even if you talked to one of us, or any future members of management, please still include all the relevant details in the request.

Now, on to the request...

Before we get into the droid numbers, I have a simple question. You're talking of essentially making this a fortified shipyard. With that in mind...would the core ship be necessary? Not only that, but wouldn't it be a bit in the way for construction, especially of other capital ships? My understanding of Lucrehulks is that the core ship is essential to operate it as a starship, but in the means you are planning, I don't find it necessary. The connecting arm could reasonably be outfitted into a command center, and some of the weaponry from the core ship be fitted into the inner portion of the ring. Please let me know if I have misread any of your intentions on this.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Talri_NikaniDate: Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 4:20 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Couple of reasons why the core ship is necessary(this going on the idea that the droid numbers are all agreed to):

1.) The core ship has the control components for the droids(this is the big portion)
2.) The inside of the Core portion of the ship is where the other arms section of the shipyards would be produced(I am looking at turning this into a full arms corporation. In the core portion would be were small arms, droids, armor, vehicles and so on.

I hope this answers your questions.

Message edited by Talri_Nikani - Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 11:25 AM

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 1:29 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
Okay, I'm finally on it. A couple of things, though; generally, innocent things like maintenance droids don't need to be requested if they're not going to be used for combat purposes (I call this the OSC Principle, named after a shipping company we had in AGW, called the OSC, that had a merchant fleet of freighters that, it was decided, didn't need to be requested as long as weren't for combat purposes. The same principle applies here). This makes things much easier for you, in that you don't need to need to research R2-KT astromech droids, R2-D2 astromech droids, etc., and it makes it easier for us managers too, so that we can review the essentials and get your request on its way. The more onerous the request is, the more minutiae it has, the longer it generally takes us to sort through it all. That said, though, sorry it's taken us awhile. Hopefully this information will help with future requests.

Now, as far as the droids go, I want to hit first upon the things I'm specifically going to vote to DENY:

■ NR-1100 Slicer Droids (slicing is a rather delicate issue in RP, because it brings into play both IC and OOC problems. I've talked about it briefly here if you're interested).
■ Buzz Droids (these have been denied ever since Episode III came out. They strike me as an improbable and, in an RP, a tremendously cheap weapon).
■ BL-series Battle Legionnaires (Wookieepedia states that nearly the entire production line was destroyed on Norval II during the Clone Wars).
■ B3 "Ultra Battle Droids" (considering that a single B3 seems to be a formidable match for a Jedi, I don't think having hundreds of them is appropriate. But also, as Wookieepedia notes, "the droids suffered from technical problems and were never mass produced").

A quick aside, here. I actually finished this entire post earlier this morning, but my browser froze and I lost the whole thing. What you see above is all of the post (about the first third) that I had copied and saved before the browser froze. For the rest of this post here, I'm going to try to reconstruct what I wrote as closely as possible, but for my sanity it's going to be a lot more brief and I probably won't go into as much detail as I had before.

■ Droideka Mark II (not in use until 3 ABY, then only by the Zann Consortium).
■ JK-13 "Jedi Killer" Droid (never widely produced or used by the Confederacy, according to the Cestus Deception. Also, too powerful, like the B3).

Then in my original post I went on to mention Rule 2.2, which Orion may or may not have mentioned to you already. The rule states, basically, that troops, tanks, etc. shouldn't be requested up front, but rather when you attack someone, or when someone attacks you, you and that person will work out how many forces each of you is using in that particular battle (management can help with this too, if you can't agree). Orion hates this rule, for reasons I don't quite understand. In my experience, though, it's a lot more manageable for everyone to come up with the numbers of ground troops as you go along, so we don't have to deal with really huge numbers up front. This is a lot simpler than it sounds. If there's any confusion though, feel free to grab me in Messenger.

So, the fighters. You've probably noticed in other requests lately that I've been pretty hung up on how prequel ship fighter complements need to be scaled down, and I'll probably use Forte's request as an example here (especially if you plan to build more fighters, gunships, etc.). So I'm willing to APPROVE something like..

Complement
■ 48 Droid Starfighters
■ 36 Tri Fighters
■ (plus additional landers, troop transports, and ground troops, such as B1s, B2s, Crab Droids, Droidekas, support vehicles, such as NR-N99s, Dwarf Spider Droids, AATs, and MTTs, to be determined).

And as for the weaponry (again I apologize I'm flying through this so fast), since you mentioned that "most of the equipment that was at the facility was scrap," and that "all of its weapons systems were burned out," I'd prefer if you didn't have all of its weapons operational as, I think, your armament list has it. So I'd APPROVE something like this..

Armament
Ring Carrier
■ 61 Point Defense Quad Lasers
■ 216 Assault Laser Cannons
■ 19 Turbolasers
Core Ship
■ 21 Point Defense Quad Lasers
■ 36 Assault Laser Cannons
■ 3 Turbolasers

Do let me know what you think, or if I've gotten anything wrong. Now, I'm going to go outside and frolick in the sunshine.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Talri_NikaniDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 1:56 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
Ok so after some clarification, I agree to what you posted.

OrionKarathDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 9:03 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
APPROVED

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » A base instead of the planet we were talking about Jace
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz