MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
7:09 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » A few things to request
A few things to request
Dustil_SushereDate: Saturday, 02 Oct 2010, 10:10 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I would like to request that I establish a small fleet designed to combat the Empire. They originally fought in the Clone Wars, siding with the Grand Army of the Republic. They were loyal to the Republic, but much more loyal to freedom and democracy. The group decided to break away and turned against the clones when Order 66 were issued, witnessing the clones killing a few Jedi and arresting local resistances combating the Separatists. They lost the majority of their fleet trying to save the Jedi Knights and those resistance members, and were forced to flee. Now they're reduced to what I'm about to request. The group would be called The True Patriots. They now commit hit-and-run operations against the Empire and comes to aid of those who would need help in combating against the Empire. Here's the fleet that I want to use. I'm hoping for one large warship and 2 smaller warships:

1 Venator-class Star Destroyer
2 Dreadnaught-class heavy cruisers

OrionKarathDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 8:52 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
I APPROVE of these numbers, although unless Jace would allow it, I'd be against approving the INSANE fighter complement of the Venator. I don't think we'll see that actually being used, except by the Empire, and maybe the Rebellion once it becomes organized and if they obtain one.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 9:11 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
I'm not against Dustil's faction, but I am against it having this many capital ships (especially in a first request). If I had to choose between classifying this as a Separatist group or a resistance group, obviously it'd be a resistance group. The problem is, though, that unlike the Separatist groups, the resistance groups should logically have more challenges in terms of recruitment and organization (since, at this time, the Empire is still rather new and the galaxy is tired of war, it seems to me it would be a challenge to find a lot of people all at once who are willing to take up arms in 10 BBY—at least not the forty thousand people it would take to crew this many ships. I have a hard time believing that this many people would all agree to defect when the Republic became the Empire). So, I'd be willing to APPROVE of perhaps one Venator. I would then welcome you, Dustil, to capture or otherwise acquire more ships over the course of the RP.

And, of course, as Orion notes, the fighters should be vastly diminished. To correct Orion, in fact, the Empire after the Clone Wars adopts a new naval policy that specifically calls for far, far fewer starfighters. So even they're not using as many anymore. Do you have some ideas, Dustil, in terms of how many fighters you'd like?

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Dustil_SushereDate: Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 6:31 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
I have no problem in having just the Venator instead of having all three ships. As of the numbers of starfighters, a standard Venator holds 192 V-Wings, 36 ARC-170s, and 192 Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptors. So that's total of 420 starfighters. So how much of scaled down will the Venator take? I assume it'll be between 72 and 120 starfighters?

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 1:40 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
How about..

24 V-wings
24 ARC-170s
12 Eta-2 Actis-class

?

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Dustil_SushereDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 7:26 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
How about this...

24 V-Wings
24 ARC-170s
12 BTL-B Y-Wing starfighters

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 8:16 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
APPROVED.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » A few things to request
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz