MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
11:16 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Control over these 2 planets
Control over these 2 planets
Talri_NikaniDate: Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 7:55 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0

Raxus Prime

Astrographical:

Region: Outer Rim Territories
Sector: Tion Hegemony
System: Raxus system

Suns 1: Raxus
Orbital position: 1
Moons: 1
Grid coordinates: S-5
Rotation period: 22 standard hours
Orbital period: 388 local days

Physical:

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 9,330 kilometers
Atmosphere: Breathable
Climate: Temperate, Poisonous
Gravity: 1.2 standard

Primary terrain Modern:

- Industrial metal junkscape
- Toxic waste pools

Historic:

- Warm lagoons
- Beaches

Points of interest:
- Raxus sewer system
- Sienar refinery
- Junk Temple
- Confederacy base

Societal:

Native species: None

Immigrated species:
- Jawas
- Humans
- Raxan garbage-worms
- Rodians

Primary language(s):
- Galactic Basic Standard
- Jawa Trade language

Government:
- Jawa tribal chiefs
- Sentient computer core

Population: 1.3 million

23% Human
39% Jawa and other
38% labor droids

Major cities: Central Station (Capital)

Major imports:
- Food
- Water
- High technology
- Information

Major exports:
- Recycled metals
- Textiles
- Chemicals
- Starships
- Starship components
- Industrial machinery

Affiliation:
- Infinite Empire
- Kingdom of Cron
- Xim's empire
- Galactic Republic
- Confederacy of Independent Systems

"This is where all droids go to die."
¯PROXY

Raxus Prime, also known as the Circlet of the Tion and Nikato's Shining Gem, was a waste-covered planet in the Raxus system. It was packed with toxic debris and had a poisonous surface.

"You don't realize how important a datapad is until you're stranded on Raxus Prime with nothing but your boots and a blaster."
¯Han Solo

Raxus Prime was a highly industrial planet covered with immense factories, sealed living habitats, streams of superheated run-off water, rough-hewn quarry pits, vast debris fields and toxic lakes. Most of the planet's residents lived in sealed environments near industrial facilities where they worked. Tunnels connected living areas with work bays, storage hangars and infrastructure units.

The surface was covered with junk droids that were cobbled together from the parts of the millions of discarded and broken droids left there. They followed no master and did not behave by any rules, which made the planet very dangerous. A common rumor was that the droids were working on something large so that they could escape Raxus Prime and spread out into the galaxy at large.

"On that planet, many ancient secrets, there are."
¯Yoda[src]

Once a beautiful planet within the Kingdom of Cron, it served as one of the three capitals governing the kingdom. Warlord Xer VIII favored Raxus Prime, securing it in his deed to his concubines and their lovers. The seafloors of the warm lagoons were paved with colored tiles, while on the shores, large white-marble palaces were erected for those who inhabited the planet. After succeeding Xer, Xim the Despot continued the upkeep of the planet, deeming it the Circlet of the Tion.

Later, when Nikato's Bootheel was erected around Raxus in 14,300 BBY, the Machinists of Nikato added clockwork to the marble buildings, reflecting the galaxy's rotation. Soon, more and more corporations added their factories to Raxus Prime's surface, making it an important world in the Republic, known as Nikato's Shining Gem.

Because of its new status as hub of technology and manufacturing, it became a target during the Great Sith War. In 3,996 BBY, Jedi Knight Ulic Qel-Droma unleashed the Dark Reaper upon Republic troops here. In a mysterious and unexplained turn of fate, the machine was apparently disabled by Ulic before it could begin its devastation. It is here that the Force Harvester, which was the power source for the Dark Reaper, would come to rest for several millennia.

Throughout the dark age of the Republic in 1100 BBY Raxus produced crude weapons, the durasteel discharge stacks exuded black smog which soon engulfed the planet. The tiled lagoons filled with slag and the palaces were buried beneath scrap and debris from crashed ships. Whole continents of Raxus Prime began to be used as little more than junkyards for thousands of years. Because of this, a large portion of the planet's mass was actually alien metals. Old machinery, especially starships, often found their way to the planet.

The Corporate Alliance and the Commerce Guild continued their operations here and simply dumped any waste out into the ruined environment. Aach Een and his parents moved to Raxus from Iridonia. Sometime prior to the Clone Wars, the Meeknu clan was transplanted there from Tatooine to work the machinery.

Kazdan Paratus's makeshift Jedi Temple. Raxus Prime was the birthplace of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and served as Count Dooku's personal fortress from 24 BBY until 22 BBY. Dooku learned about the Harvester on Raxus Prime during his visit to Qel-Droma's tomb on Rhen Var shortly after the Clone Wars begun.

Dooku held Boba Fett prisoner there for a period following the death of his father in the Battle of Geonosis. Republic forces attacked the planet in 22 BBY, but Dooku was able to escape with the Force Harvester and later used the device to wreak havoc for a short time afterwards.

Added (05 Oct 2010, 8:55 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Raxus II

Astrographical:

Region: Outer Rim Territories
System: Raxus system

Suns 1: Raxus

Orbital position: 2
Moons: 0
Grid coordinates: S-5

Physical:

Class: Ice ball

Message edited by Talri_Nikani - Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 8:01 AM

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 2:53 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
Raxus II seems reasonable. Whether it has a breathable atmosphere, I don't know, but I suppose this isn't a problem for droids. As far as Raxus Prime goes though, as I commented before, I'm not sure "control" is really the proper word. It's a planet with a rather large population, but no government. It's inhabited by mercenaries, pirates, scavengers, and other unsavory characters who probably live there precisely because no one "controls" it. It's a place to be inconspicuous, and to pick up old components and raw materials (indeed, other RPers have gone to Raxus Prime in the past for this reason and undoubtedly will again in the future). So in terms of "controlling" the planet, I'd say no because it's probably not a planet that anyone can control. However, I certainly vote to APPROVE you setting yourself up on Raxus Prime, using it as a base and mining it for raw materials, etc. The population, I suspect, will stay out of your way if you stay out of theirs, and I don't expect they would ask many questions.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Talri_NikaniDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 2:58 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Ok so control of Raxus 2 and utilizing Raxus for materials, ill probably just set up orbitals over Raxus 2 and ship from Prime. It doesnt say that its breathable, but at the same time it doesnt say it is breathable. Id probably assume Not breathable, and if i go down just need a breathing aparatus, and yeah wouldnt really matter for droids.

OrionKarathDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 9:03 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
APPROVED

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Control over these 2 planets
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz