MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
10:17 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Namman Empire(warning fair number of pics)
Namman Empire(warning fair number of pics)
Shak-ranDate: Tuesday, 12 Oct 2010, 7:40 AM | Message # 1
Group: Removed

Species Name: Namman

Species Specs:

Average Height: 6'1" to 6'4" for males, 5'6" to 6'0" for females
Average Weight: 185 pounds for males, 125 pounds for females
Skin color: White for Males(with red birth marks), Grey for females (with black birthmarks)
Genetic abilities: Approximately twice as strong as a human, but is only about 75% as fast(this is due to being raised in a heavy gravity situation)
Average Lifespan: 200-400 years
Average Force Using capacity: None at all, there has never been a single case of a force using Namman
Origon: Perfected clones believed to be clones of a tribe of the Chiss
Technology Level: Highly advanced
Political Outlook: Issolationalists

Homeworld Specs:

Homeworld: Naamm'thulia
Homeworld Size: 35,608 Miles in Diameter(Approx)
Homeworld Population: 32.9 Billion
Rings or No Rings: 4 sets of rings
Part of Space: Tempered Wastes

Number of Moons: 13
Average moon size: 3,450 miles
Population on said moons: 5.7 Billion

Number of planets in system: 6
Population on the other planets total: 9.6 billion

Total System population(appx): 48.2 billion

Orbital Stations: 7(Constructed into/onto 7 very large asteroids in various orbits of moons)
Population of Stations: 700,000

History:

- The Namman are an old race, almost as old as humans, and are not native to the planet they now call home.
- They are believed to be a cloned copy of the chiss, and have been genetically enhanced to survive on the planet they now call home(this is not true-they are actually genetically enhanced humans).
- Their natural curiosity has allowed them to advance quickly and evolve quickly, their intergalactic strength, tho relatively new, is mostly on par with the most advanced nations in existance.
- They have a strict belief in keeping as far away from the current galactic conflict as possible, and have signed a non-agression pact with the empire, and have plans on at least having a representative in the senate. To try to ensure that they are left alone.

Message edited by Shak-ran - Thursday, 14 Oct 2010, 8:06 PM

Talri_NikaniDate: Saturday, 16 Oct 2010, 9:23 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
The idea behind this species, is that this planet was a slave planet to the Infinite Empire's leaders the Rakata. They remained under the Rakatas merciless thumbs for the entire reign of the Infinite Empire, and after the Infinite empires defeat and the rakata's alleged extinction, the Namman have lived in the constant fear of the Rakata's return. They have spent large amounts of time to upkeep the bases that the Rakata had set up on the planet, if anyone tells them that the rakata are extinct they tell them "thats what they want you to think". They are a paranoid race, which drives there isolationalism/

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 18 Oct 2010, 8:25 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
From now on, please endeavor to make your requests shorter. You will recall that about a week ago I observed, gently, that "the more onerous the request is, the more minutiae it has, the longer it generally takes us to sort through it all." Also, the longer it takes us to sort through it all, the longer it usually takes for us to be able to RP as our own characters, so that requests like this, in addition to being hard on us managers, are also hard on other members who are waiting for us to post on other threads. That said though, it is our job to moderate requests, and I'm sorry it took us some time to get to this one. I'm glad that you put a lot of thought into your characters and factions, and I also understand that you wanted to make one big request rather than burden us with many, many smaller ones. Tedious though the many smaller requests may have been, though, I feel that in the future this would be more manageable than one big request that take a lot of time and close study.

For this one, I'm going to break it up into a couple of parts. That is, I'll be setting aside the ships for this moment and deal first with the species.

In order; 1.) Since the Chiss are more or less completely unknown to the galaxy in this time period, I would prefer to leave them out of the Namman's description (especially since, as you clarify in the request, they are not Chiss or clones of Chiss), 2.) I'm a bit confused about the technology level, since you had mentioned in Messenger that they have "primitive" technology based on Rakatan weapons, etc., but the request refers to them as "highly advanced" and "on par with the most advanced nations in existence." This makes me wonder, 3.) how prevalent is, if you will, "mainstream" galactic technology among the Namman? Examples: hyperdrive, shields, turbolasers, etc. What about other "mainstream" galactic goods in general? This leads me to 4.) I appreciate that the Namman are isolationists and I like the idea of them fearing the Rakata, however I'm wondering how feasible this is considering that, according to the request, the Namman are familiar with galactic events and have signed a non-aggression pact with the Empire; these don't seem compatible with each other. Please do clarify these, if you will. Particularly points 2, 3, and 4.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

OrionKarathDate: Monday, 18 Oct 2010, 10:47 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
On my end, I'd like to reiterate what Jace said. The bigger request, the longer amount of time it takes us to go over it, even being the geniuses and Star Wars gods that we are; and it definitely takes away what we can do in the RP, if you haven't noticed over the last couple of days (but I will note, unlike Jace, I at least got one or two posts in, not that this is a pissing contest or anything). All kidding and elbow nudging aside, seriously... it's also very taxing to have request after request, as some previous Managers have been testament to, and when you don't see much out of the first major faction you've set up aside from an attempt at a salvage op and questionable attack thus far...it's hard to not just deny the new faction right away, and this had happened before, well nearly anyways, when we had a different management team (I was the requester in this situation). Now that I've been on my soapbox, I'll get into the request and break it down as Jace has.

1.) So, the origin of the Namman are that they are genetically enhanced clones of clones of a tribe of Chiss, who live anywhere between two hundred and four hundred years, are twice as strong as human but have 75% of movement speed and can not use the Force. They have a highly advanced technological level, but are based upon the ancient technology of the Rakata...which requires use of the Force, so they can't use their own technology? And they aren't really clones of clones of a tribe of Chiss? When you say they aren't really Chiss but offshoot Humans, are you referring to the Namman or the Chiss? Please clarify this confusion. (As a side note, the Chiss never had tribes...they were a modern Human, in Star Wars terms, colony that was forced underground and overtime adapted to that environment on Csilla over thousands of years to become Chiss, starting in 27,000 BBY, but seem to always have been more organized than a tribal culture. They are, and seem to always have been, a meritocratic nobility.)

2.) Their lifespan is a direct point of contention for me. If you are basing them off of Chiss, their average lifespan is eighty years old, and that of a Human by Star Wars standards, is one hundred to one hundred and fifty, up to three hundred in a strong Force Sensitive. So, with lack of any Force Sensitivity at all, and the high gravity environment (thus a high physiological stress environment) they would have a very drastically short lifespan compared to what you are seeking...more in the range of forty to eighty years, maybe a few lucky ones could hit ninety, at most.

3.) Their height. If it is a high gravity environment, they are NOT going to be this tall. Nor are they going to be as lean as your average weight suggests. They would be more like...dwarves of fantasy lore, such as Lord of the Rings or BioWare's Dragon Age series. With a high gravity environment, they just wouldn't develop this way, their bone structure would be unable to handle the stress. However, the twice as strong but only three quarters the mobility...I think I can live with, although I would like to hear Jace's thoughts on this matter before reaching a conclusion.

4.) Lightly making my way into the technology, if they are based on the Rakata, they are first off not going to be on par with the rest of the Galaxy...and secondly, since they are not Force Sensitive they will be unable to use ANY of the Rakata technology. If you pay attention to dialogue in the game and text in sourcebooks mentioning them, the Rakata themselves, lacking any Force Sensitivity by the time of KotOR, could not use their very own technology and thus was why they were in their primitive state on the brink of extinction. So, if the Namman are unable to use the Force and thus their technology, who does?

5.) If they are isolationist, how do they know what the rest of the galaxy is? If they are so afraid of the Rakata, why would they venture offworld? Why would they sign a non-aggression pact with the Empire, who they would, under these circumstances, haven't a clue as to who or what they were, or any species but themselves and the Rakata? Why would they want to send a Representative to the Senate? All it would do is draw attention to themselves and probably cause the Empire to annex their world. If you read into the Rakata and list to in-game dialogue, the Rakata seem to have a massive amount of information control on their slaves, which made the uprising that much more impressive, and if they are isolationist, all the Namman are going to know is who and what they are, and probably nothing else. It is also unlikely that they would have been cloned or genetically altered from any other species, because the Rakata just didn't go for that. Thus, they would have to be their own, unique, native people.

Please, clarify any questions raised thus far, and make your defense.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Talri_NikaniDate: Tuesday, 19 Oct 2010, 7:14 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Ok Ill respond in the order of posters:

Jace:

1.) Yeah i realise now that the chiss thing is kinda confusing and i thought they were known at this time. My error(will erase that part)
2.) Ack, i completely forgot about changing that, They started with Rakata style technology and worked off of that, but they havent had long to do that so their technology is relatively primative. However technically the fact that they have space travel does make them Technologically advanced(to a degree)
3.) Only a few of their ships have Hyperdrive engines, they do have laser and turbolaser technology. Their warships are only system defense ships.
4.) They do know whats going on in the galaxy because they trade with other species, and they do do mining outside of their home system. As for the non-agression pact, its not really an intricate part of the request, so it can go.

Added (19 Oct 2010, 8:14 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Just a note that much of my board posting is on pause because I am waiting for Jace to respond, they are kinda on pause until he continues the posting on that Salvage thread. And there hasnt been much of any activity in the RP room, and having difficulty actually doing any rp.

Orion:

1.) Namman are actually genetically modified clones of humans. Over the years they have managed to copy the Rakatan technology, reverse engineering and such, and their technology doesnt require the force to use. This is the key reason why it has taken them so long to start catching up with the rest of the galaxy.
2.) Lifespan of 40-90 is fine.
3.) Height of 4'8"-5'6" then? weight of 170-240 pounds?
4.) See number 1
5.) Alright heres what im thinking then: Their not clones, they are a seperate race all together, during the wars that saw the defeat of the Infinite Empire, they were a race of people that at that point(had about the technological level and understanding as current day -2010- Humans), but they had been found previously by the Rakata and forced into slavery. When the wars came that finished the Rakata, the Rakatans were forced off of the Nammans homeworld(not by the Nammans).

As for the thing with the Empire Im willing to loose that all together.

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 9:11 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
A quick distinction for Orion that I think would be helpful: by isolationist, I don't think he means isolated. They do trade with the outside galaxy, it seems. It's just that, if I understood it correctly, their policy is not to be involved in galactic events. Thanks, Talri, for answering those questions. The non-aggression pact isn't really a problem, it's just that if the Namman do trade with the rest of the galaxy and are familiar with galactic events, it's hard for me to imagine they could persist in the idea that the Rakata are still out there. That said, though, it's a question of belief and not one that I'm really too concerned about, even if it seems improbable to me personally. Also, I'm now okay with the history (of Humanity being the progenitor of the Namman; I agree that the cloning part isn't necessary). The technology, also, seems okay to me. True, the Rakatans lost the ability to use their own technology when they lost their connection to the Force, and true, the Rakatans also had the ability to reverse engineer it but for some reason that we don't know, they weren't able to do so successfully, but I don't really have a problem with the Namman being able to do it over the long period (tens of thousands of years) that we're talking about here.

Everything about the proportions, life span, etc. looks good to go unless Orion has more input on it. So I'll vote to APPROVE the species, planet, and history.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 9:14 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Also, the reason those images aren't displaying is because for some reason the % symbols in links never display the image properly. I looked at the links you posted there and sure enough, the ones with % symbols in them are the images that aren't displaying.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 24 Oct 2010, 11:09 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Okay, so, APPROVED.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Namman Empire(warning fair number of pics)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz