MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
7:44 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Namman Military Request (Re-Posted)
Namman Military Request
Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 9:21 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
Shak's request for the Namman military is as follows:

Number of Shipyards: 3
Main Export: Raw Materials for shipyards
Planetary Sheilds: Yes
Planetary Defense Net: Yes
Military Presence: Yes

Primary Military forces:

Defense Fleet: 3 heavy Cruisers, 5 Light Cruisers, 2 Heavy Carriers, 100 squadrens of fighters, 20 squadrens of bombers, 10 military Shuttles
Civilian Craft: 4 Patrol Vessels(Not hyper Capable), 7 heavy cargo/mining vessels(not hyper capable), Several small intergalactic cargo ships

Ground defense forces:

Forced military service:

- Every male over the age of 18 is required to serve for 1 year in the military of the Namman Empire, reward for this service is to become a citizen. They then have full rights to vote, to work in the government sector, to own property, so on. According to census, over 78% of the population has performed their 1 year service(tho they can apply for an extension past 18- this extension is usually only given to those civilians who enter one of the Namman Universities, or have entered another secondary educational facility else where).
- At any one time 5% of the population of the planet and its satellites are in the military, whether it be in the ground forces, wet navy, space navy, areospace force, or acting as merchant marines for the civilian sector.

Added (12 Oct 2010, 8:22 Am)
---------------------------------------------
New Military Technology:

Pod Missile Launchers:
- Are simply small Box launchers that are carried by ships. They are carried outside the ship, equipped with small tractor beam projectors and 4 missile launchers(with a capacity of 12 total missiles) They add additional firepower to smaller vessels that allow them to defend themselves better. They can be dropped from the ship and picked up later. They are about 6 meters in length.

Advanced Sublight Engine:

-Arc Reactor Technology: Nammanians have not been able to produce the Hyperdrive technology yet, however the sublight engines that they have produced are far more effective then normal sublight engines. It produces more drive, and allows sublight speeds that are considered twice as fast as ships of equal size across the galaxy.

Military:

Heavy Cruiser:

Length: 852 meters
Crew: 17,230
Troops: 872
Passengers: 1,000
Sheilds: Equipped(Heavy)
Armor: Equipped(Very Heavy)
Hyperdrive: None

Small Craft: 4 shuttles, 2 Squadrens of Fighters, 1 squadren of bombers

Weapons:

16 Heavy Twin Turbolaser Cannons
24 Quad Laser Cannons
02 Prow Mounted Heavy Ion Cannons
02 Gravity Well Projectors
06 Heavy Tractor Beam Projectors
16 Pod Missile Launchers

Light Cruiser:

Length: 412 meters
Crew: 730
Troops: 72
Passengers: 100
Sheilds: Equipped(light)
Armor: Equipped(light)

Small Craft: 1 shuttle, 1 Squadrens of Fighters, 1 squadren of bombers

Weapons:

4 Heavy Twin Turbolaser Cannons
5 Quad Laser Cannons
7 Ion Cannons
2 Tractor Beam Projectors
4 Pod Missile Launchers

Heavy Carrier

Length: 1,242 meters
Crew: 21,223
Troops: 7200
Passengers: 1,700
Sheilds: Equipped(Heavy)
Armor: Equipped(Heavy)

Small Craft: 6 shuttle, 12 Squadrens of Fighters, 4 squadrens of bombers

Weapons:

4 Heavy Twin Turbolaser Cannons
115 Quad Laser Cannons
15 Ion Cannons
2 Tractor Beam Projectors
45 Pod Missile Launchers

Added (12 Oct 2010, 8:40 Am)
(Sorry had to do new post because thread stopped posting my pictures)

Patrol Vessels:

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/devonmcgonagall/Phoenix%20Arms%20Incorporated/lsf.png[/IMG]

Length: 52 meters
Crew: 30
Troops: 10
Passengers: 10

Small Craft: 1 shuttle, 3 Fighters and 1 Bomber(not squadrens)

Weapons:

2 Quad Turbolasers
8 Quad Laser Cannons
4 Concussion Missile Launchers
2 Proton Torpedo launchers

Added (12 Oct 2010, 8:35 Am)
Heavy Cargo/Mining vessels:

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/devonmcgonagall/Phoenix%20Arms%20Incorporated/ST_Transport_Octan_by_KaranaK.jpg[/IMG]

Length: 252 meters
Crew: 1230
Troops: 50
Passengers: 10
Hyperdrive: Equipped

Small Craft: 2 shuttles, 2 fighters

Weapons:
None

Added (12 Oct 2010, 8:33 Am)
Star Fighters:

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/devonmcgonagall/Phoenix%20Arms%20Incorporated/lsf.png[/IMG]

Length: 5.5 Meters
Crew: 1
Sheilds: Equipped
Hyperdrive: No
Weapons:
2 medium lasers
1 Proton torpedo launcher

Shuttles:

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/devonmcgonagall/Phoenix%20Arms%20Incorporated/Yu410.jpg[/IMG]

length: 10 meters
Cargo: 2 tonnes
Crew: 3
Hyperdrive: yes
Sheilds: equipped
Weapons:
3 twin laser cannons

Bombers:

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/devonmcgonagall/Phoenix%20Arms%20Incorporated/NURO_2.jpg[/IMG]

Length: 6.5 meters
Crew: 1
Sheilds: equipped
Hyperdrive: no
Weapons:
4 Concussion missile launchers
1 Light Laser Cannon

The mentioned intergalactic freighters, are unarmed vessels that are borrowed from one group or another from time to time.

Added (12 Oct 2010, 8:40 Am)
I do not understand why, suddenly half way through this post this community stopped allowing me to post Photobucket pictures.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Jace_VaritekDate: Tuesday, 26 Oct 2010, 0:53 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Okay, sorry in advance that I'm going to go through this in a very abbreviated fashion, but the sheer volume of the request kind of demands that I not go into my usual depth and detail, lest I be at it all day. So, in short; I vote to DENY the 3 shipyards. 1 is okay. I vote to DENY planetary shields (these are rarely approved in the RP). I'll need more information on the "planetary defense net" and "military presence," but these will probably be okay. Now, dealing with the ship designs before I go into the numbers of ships; I vote to DENY the (blank)-class "heavy cruiser," because its weaponry is too heavy (ion cannons of that size, to me, would basically be considered superweapons) and gravity well projectors in particular are practically never approved for anyone outside the Empire (even then, it's usually only approved for temporary use). I vote to APPROVE the (blank)-class "light cruiser" pending some modifications to its length and weaponry. The image, I think, clearly shows it's not a 400 meter vessel. It also doesn't seem to have any weaponry on it. I'm willing to concede some could be on the other side or on the bottom or tucked away in compartments, but it's still a bit much for a ship of that size (especially heavy turbolasers, and that many ion cannons). Also, I'd like to see the 4 pod missile launchers reduced to 2. It also doesn't seem to have room for that many fighters and bombers, either. I vote to DENY the (blank)-class "heavy carrier" because it's much too large, carries too many fighters, and is far, far, far too heavily armed.

I vote to DENY the (blank)-class "patrol vessel," as it is clearly a starfighter no more than 10 meters in length. The pilot can be seen sitting in the cockpit. If you'd like to post this as a fighter, than that'd be okay. With respect to the "Heavy Cargo/Mining Vessel," do recall that you don't need to request freighters and transports, etc. if they aren't used for combat purposes. On the "star fighter," it seems you used the same image as the "patrol vessel" (was the image of the "patrol vessel" the wrong one, then?). I vote to APPROVE it as a fighter though. It seems reasonable. Your (blank)-class "shuttle" is okay in terms of its statistics, but its picture will need to change because it's a ship that already exists in Star Wars. I vote to APPROVE the "bomber," also.

Now, that said, I'm not going to approve more than 2 or 3 ships total for the Namman. This is consistent with other planetary defense force requests (see Druckenwell's request for example). With this in mind, and with the "heavy cruiser" and "heavy carrier" out now, you'll probably want to revise the number of ships you're requesting. Finally, the technology; I vote to APPROVE the pod missile launchers, and I vote to DENY the arc reactors. I'm generally fine with people developing their own technology independently of the rest of the galaxy (i.e. arc reactors), but if so, I don't expect it would actually be superior to mainstream technology.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

OrionKarathDate: Tuesday, 26 Oct 2010, 6:33 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
I agree with Jace. Although it may be frustrating, we do take the reference image into account as to whether or not the size is correct, weaponry, etc. So...

APPROVED
Light Cruiser (Pending modification)
Bomber
Starfighter
Shuttle (Pending new pic)
Heavy Cargo/Mining Vessels (Numbers of these do not need to be requested, as long as they are in a non-combat role)
Pod Missle Launcher technology

DENIED
Everything else...

With that in mind, what is a planetary defense net, and what do you mean by military presence?

We told you this was hell, or was that Sthena?

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 27 Oct 2010, 0:01 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
That was Sthena. Mind you, though, that while we do take the reference image into consideration, I don't think either of us are anal about it. I'm willing to cut a lot of slack because a ship should be more than just its picture. But if there's a picture of a starfighter that's described as a 52 meter long patrol vessel with a crew of 30 and with room for 20 passengers and half a squadron of fighters, bombers, and a shuttle, that's problematic. So is a ship that has no visible weaponry on it and no place to easily conceal any being described as having turbolasers, quad lasers, ion cannons, etc.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 28 Oct 2010, 0:25 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
So yeah, if there's no answer to this in a couple days I'm going to go ahead and lock it up.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 28 Oct 2010, 9:21 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Okay, so.. the request is closed.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Namman Military Request (Re-Posted)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz