MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
9:39 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Request for a Vision of a Ship
Request for a Vision of a Ship
Ka-DekDate: Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013, 3:52 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I'd like Ka-Dek to act on a piece of remembered knowledge (as memory throws up such things at times) to recall the mention of a Jedi Praxeum Ship (Converted Corellian Colonizer) having been evacuated when a plasma storm in the nebula they were entering suddenly disabled engines and shields, it was thought likely life support might go too so in order to secure the younglings aboard and transport them to safety the ship was abandoned in a rush.

Despite leaving beacons on the ship so they could recover the ship in future, the difficult nature of the Nebula in which it was abandoned rendered scanning and comms attempts fruitless for both Jedi explorers and Republic expeditions alike.

Thus one evening as he studied forbidden (by the Empire) law in a Jedi ruin on a long abandoned world he would begin to hear whispers, falling to his knees he would weep contrition before fighting a battle within his vision with his own self, his weak side that had capitulated to the service of the slayers of so many of his Brethren.

For three days the vision would rage on, and at last he realized that fighting himself was not the way, he fell to his knees at the realization. This was the realization that he could no longer live two separate identities and that he ought to return to the path of the Light, he bared his chest and turned his cheek away, dropping his lightsaber.

Suddenly the vision would fragment into a twisted Starscape, through which he glided, whispers in his ears repeating the words "Luminosity, Luminosity" which grew louder and louder as he drifted toward a Nebula, within it there was a bright glowing mote. Then, the vision was gone in a flash. Exhausted he scrambled for his water container and drank a deep draft having been without food or drink for those days and nights, he would then collapse into a deep and for the first time in years, restful, sleep.

Via such a contrivance I would like Ka-Dek to become aware of the location of this Praxeum ship that had become something of a Marie Celeste 200 years hence. And if he takes the path of following this vision to discover the ship. Naturally, in the void of space and with no moving parts, the ship would be dusty but completely intact but massive work would need to be done to replace parts which had simply worn out. Initially there would be no more than emergency power and life support operational. The ship would still be deep within a Nebulae which proved impossible for sensors or comms to penetrate, but the ion storms of two centuries ago would have abated to nothingness.

Abbreviated Version
Ka-Dek has a life changing vision which helps him overcome his divided personality that leads him to the hastily abandoned and thought lost Praxeum ship named Luminosity. Its a canon ship but isn't mentioned aside from saying it was operating 500 ABY but never mentioned again - in my plan for it, tis the Mary Celeste of space.

Ka-Dek

Grand Master of the Jedi Order, Visionary, Mystic Sage
Renegade from the Inquisitorius after breaking his mental programming.
Former Knight-Sentinel
Formerly Assistant Curator, Jedi Archives

Message edited by Ka-Dek - Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013, 3:57 PM

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 05 Apr 2013, 11:06 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
APPROVED provided most of the artifacts have been removed—evacuated perhaps when the ship was first abandoned, or been stolen over the years, something along these lines—and also the ship remains immobile.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Request for a Vision of a Ship
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz