MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
8:16 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Combined Pirate/Planet Request
Combined Pirate/Planet Request
ShivaDate: Saturday, 30 Mar 2013, 11:25 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Havoc, feel free to chip in on this one, largely because we discussed it together as a joint request.

Okay, here's the pitch. Havoc and Shiva have been working together in a sense. Havoc controls a small repair yard on Vuzsa. We'd like to make it so that Robert controls (not with Havoc), the overall governmental system of Vuzsa and plays them as a relatively corrupt government. The point behind this is not to involve the Vuzsa in politics further, but to further the ends of a shadowport.

The roleplay seems to be markedly lacking an overall area where criminal elements can actually sit and talk and meet one another, so to speak. Granted, there's always the handy cantina on Tatooine, but that just doesn't cut it. As such, the government of Vuzsa would have knowledge of the following shadowport and 'sell' this knowledge in the form of coordinates to criminals who can bribe their way in.

The following shadowport would be located in the Gulf of Tatooine, far off the beaten path of the trade route. Consisting of a central control facility to include cantinas and whatnot (the primary area of play) in the form of a Hutt (pirate) asteroid station and a Telgorn shipyard for the varied pirate, rebel, Separatist, etc. forces to be able to repair their ships for a price, it would be offered neutral protection in the form of eight Large Gun Emplacements and four squadrons of R-41 Starchasers.

It should be of note that this shadowport is open to all criminal elements, regardless of origin. The purpose of the defensive assets, fighters and on-station mercenaries, etc. are there to prevent a hostile takeover by any third party and to ensure the (relative) peace is kept as opposed to blocking any player/faction from utilizing this area.

Shiva
The Shadowlord
The Lightbringer
Separatist High Commander (former)

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 03 Apr 2013, 3:31 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
The government of Vuzsa is aware of this station, but they're not the ones funding all the mercenaries and gun emplacements, right? Am I correct in assuming Shiva or Havoc are behind it? Or is it just conceived as a neutral place that's not controlled by anyone in the RP? Something that various spacers, pirates, Separatists, etc. chipped in to build (and defend)?

I like this idea, and I agree the RP could use a neutral shadowport. Though in the interest of full disclosure it should probably be noted that are many such shadowports in the canon which RPers are free to use. Among them Point Nadir, Koda Station, Junkfort Station, Abek's Station, and my favorite, StarForge Station. Many of these are noted to have capital ship-grade facilities. Another one doesn't hurt, though.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

ShivaDate: Wednesday, 03 Apr 2013, 6:44 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Good choices all in the shadowport selection, but there's a few reasons they don't quite fit. Point Nadir is run primarily by the Anjiliac Clan, which means anyone who has fallen on the bad side of the Hutts is not likely to be able to use it. Koda Station is too small and run down to be of truly good use. Junkfort Station seems more geared to smugglers, honestly and Abek's Station is invite-only. This isn't to say these stations aren't useful, but they have a good number of drawbacks to thin the amount of people who can utilize them for one reason or another. StarForge Station, being primarily neutral, is the only one who comes close; in that regard, this setup would be most akin to such in terms of use.

Shiva and Havoc are not behind the idea or the funding, nor is the government of Vuzsa. It is correct to say it's a joint effort by a little bit of everyone, as you mentioned.

Shiva
The Shadowlord
The Lightbringer
Separatist High Commander (former)

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 05 Apr 2013, 10:12 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
APPROVED.

On the condition the gun emplacements are never to be used anywhere else by anyone else. I think in the event the station falls under attack, I'd be fine with deferring to you or Havoc to RP the defense of the station, though I'd encourage you to involve other pirate characters as well.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Combined Pirate/Planet Request
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz