MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
5:50 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Minister of State Nomination
Minister of State Nomination
Ponc_GavrisomDate: Saturday, 26 Jun 2010, 12:26 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Over the past few months we have seen the ascendancy of one particular individual who has excelled in the field of diplomacy, negotiating resolutions to conflicts and donating his time pro-bono for important endeavours. As such I would like to announce my nomination of King Mercutio of Naboo to fill the role of Minister of State. I feel he is certainly the best man for the job, standing head and shoulders above all the other candidates I have been considering in his proactive negotiation and dispute resolution skills which bring about the best results for all.

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

Artemis_VandenDate: Monday, 28 Jun 2010, 8:37 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Awards: 0
His Majesty, King Mercutio, has asked that I convey to you his gratitude for your words and also for the honor of being nominated to this position. He is presently in consultation with his advisors and constituents in Theed on whether he can or should remain on the throne while serving as Minister of State. One thing he has made clear to me in conversation is that he considers his tenure on Naboo to be a serious responsibility, and that he is reluctant to abdicate his position while much of his agenda there—especially a living wage for all of his subjects, and more popular participation in his government's policies—remains unfinished.

What is clear, also, is that the position of Minister of State is an important one to the New Republic, particularly in an era of peace that demands the judicious use of diplomacy even more so than in war. It is a position that should not remain vacant, but at the same time, whoever serves as Minister must be able to devote all of his, her, or its energies to the position. His Majesty is concerned, with respect, that with his energies divided between his beloved subjects and the minutiae of interstellar diplomacy, he might do a disservice to Naboo and to the Republic. He wishes me to convey to you, thus, and to the Senate, that if he accepts this position that he would prefer to do so on a temporary basis, to hold the position for only as long as is needed for the Chief of State to select an appropriate, full time Minister of State.

However, he still wishes to hear the thoughts of other Senators on this matter before he formally accepts the position even on this limited basis.

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Mical_de_CrionDate: Saturday, 03 Jul 2010, 1:14 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Awards: 5
It looks like I will have to start off this conversation... I do applaude the Chief of State's selection here. King Mercutio is a great advocate of diplomacy, and an excellent voluntary mediator and diplomat. I was there to see his work first hand at Baltimn, and while it did not turn out as either of us hoped there, due to several factors, it was still a successful endeavor, if you're looking at the fact that the Republic did not experience combat, resistence, or loss of life. He was more successful in bringing about a peaceful resolution to the Twin Worlds Conflict, and guide a formation of a plan to peacefully integrate the Double Worlds into the Corellia system government. For these reasons, King Mercutio should be applauded.

However, he is also right. The Minister of State should be able and ready to perform these duties immediatly in a full time manner. This role is too important to be left vacant, but also too important to be done part time. We have gone without it for far too long, but it must be done right. Therefore, unfortunately, unless King Mercutio can commit to the position of Minister of State full time, then I must vote Against his appointment.

Mical Léo de Crion
Director, All Stars Burn As One Foundation
Chairman, Urban Youth College Fund
Owner, Château Hiver Rivière

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Sunday, 04 Jul 2010, 9:32 AM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Yes, I must concur with Senator de Crion and Senator Vanden on this. But I will not vote on this unless I have heard from King Mercuito on whether he would accept this position as a full-time, or a part-time. There's also a possibility that King Mercuito would reject the position if he doesn't believe he is capable of managing as both King of Naboo and as the Minister of State. Until I hear from King Mercuito, I will not cast a vote on this even though this is a very good nomination made by President Gavrisom.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Artemis_VandenDate: Monday, 05 Jul 2010, 0:27 AM | Message # 5
Major general
Senator Fowlkes, His Majesty agrees with Senator Crion that the position of Minister of State deserves the full time and attention of whoever fills it. Should he accept the position, the King's time and attention would necessarily be divided between his duties as King of Naboo and as Minister of State. Because of this, while he is honored to have been chosen by the Chief of State, he is the first to admit that he is not the man to hold the position on a long term basis. He is willing to accept the position temporarily, however, so that it does not remain empty while President Gavrisom completes his search for a deserving, full time Minister of State.

His Majesty wants only to be of service to the New Republic. If it is the will of the Senate that he not serve as Minister of State, even temporarily, he will understand and respect this.

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Thursday, 22 Jul 2010, 10:02 PM | Message # 6
Colonel general
Senator Crion is correct that it is too important to have King Mercuito appointed to the position on a temporary basis. He is also correct that it is too important to be left vacant. However, Chief of State Gavrisom hasn't been able to search for someone that is more than willing to commit to the position full-time. While Senator Crion prefers that someone be appointed full-time, there is nobody that has been stepped up just yet. There lies a problem. We want a full-time Minister of State, but we haven't heard of a sentient being willing to do that. The only option that seems to be available at the moment is King Mercuito being appointed temporarily. Because of this, I've decided to vote in favor of the appointment.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Cul-utaanForteDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 0:04 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
While I hesitate to be involved in decisions dictating the Gavrisom regime's officers, I must ask, for the sake of the Republic...who are, if any, the other canidates you have considered, President Gavrisom?

General Cul'utaan'forte
Forte's Legion

Ponc_GavrisomDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 0:08 AM | Message # 8
Major general
Regrettably, Senator, you are not among them.

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

Cul-utaanForteDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 0:10 AM | Message # 9
Colonel
Pity... I could do some real good for your foreign policy.

General Cul'utaan'forte
Forte's Legion

Johannes_OswaldtDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 0:20 AM | Message # 10
Major general
You're certainly doing no good for Ryloth, Senator. With all due respect to that planet and its people, the nine Corellian hells look like Alakatha in comparison.

Johannes Oswaldt
Senator and Governor of Eriadu

Message edited by Johannes_Oswaldt - Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 0:20 AM

Cul-utaanForteDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 0:26 AM | Message # 11
Colonel
We are all entitled to our opinions, Senator Oswaldt. Perhaps you could apply yours to other matters of concern as well, rather than making Ryloth jokes? Voting would be a great feat as well. In all due seriousness, I find it a shame and disrespectful to the citizens of the galaxy, that when asked by a member of the opposition about other canidates for Minister of State, he devolves to immature jabs of a mocking manner. Perhaps this is a sign of how dedicated the Chief of State is to an actually effective government...and his statement of "A government of all talents". Remind me, my fellow delegates, how did we allow President Gavrisom to be elected? Oh wait, that's right...he wasn't. I guess a being that is too good for an election is also too good to take important domestic matters seriously.

General Cul'utaan'forte
Forte's Legion

Message edited by Cul-utaanForte - Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 0:27 AM

Johannes_OswaldtDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 1:13 AM | Message # 12
Major general
I stand by my remarks, and let the record show that Senator Forte has not refuted them. Now Senator, the reason I haven't voted on this or other issues related to the peace is that how the Republic conducts its affairs of state doesn't much concern me. Admiral Pellaeon agreed to the Bastion Accords, and he is the Supreme Commander. Although I do wonder about his state of mind when he did it. Leia Organa Solo made the good Admiral suffer the indignity of discussing the treaty aboard that awful tramp freighter of hers. It's possible that certain emissions from devices concealed in that ship could have afflicted him and his reasoning, and made him more open to suggestion. She might have used the Force on him, too. We don't know. But until we do, it is what it is.

To be honest, I don't really know what the Minister of State does. The Republic hasn't had one for, what, a year? Seems like its as useless as Ryloth.

Johannes Oswaldt
Senator and Governor of Eriadu

Ponc_GavrisomDate: Wednesday, 11 Aug 2010, 1:27 AM | Message # 13
Major general
Governor Oswaldt, please, Senator Forte is right. We are discussing the position of Minister of State, not conspiracy theories. However, Senator Forte is astonishingly wrong in another respect; namely, Senator, I was elected. I understand that you are advanced in age for your species, but truly, I would not have expected you to have forgotten this quite so soon. As for your question about other possible candidates for Minister of State, it is simply not appropriate for me to comment on this when the individuals in question have not been consulted. I would have phrased my answer to you more respectfully if you had phrased your question so.

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Minister of State Nomination
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz