MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
8:35 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » A Night to Forget (An Evening with Njon the Hutt)
A Night to Forget
Njon_the_HuttDate: Wednesday, 30 Jun 2010, 0:03 AM | Message # 1
Major
Group: Users
Awards: 1

There may well have been some unpleasantness between Kaylie and the Togorian who had been assigned to watch her. It would be unfortunate, if so. But true to Njon's word, the Togorian was under orders not to harm the girl—at least no more than the girl made necessary. Several hours had passed, and she would have been invited (if "invited" was the right term) to freshen up and have some much needed rest. Her time with the Lucian Alliance so far had been spent on the run, in uncomfortable quarters. Whatever would happen to her tonight, she could at least find some small comfort in the accomodations, the refresher, and the comfortable bed. But whether she did or not, she would inevitably be relieved of her clothes for "cleaning," and provided in the meantime with a provocative dress that would reveal her figure, but not much else. Truth be told, it was rather modest by Hutt standards.

All the while, Njon drew nearer to Sriluur in the Franchise, an old warship that doubled as his "palace" and mobile command center. He arrived at the planet with customary fanfare—his lackies met him on the Franchise and accompanied him on his shuttle flight to the shipyards, each doing their best to impress him on the way with reports on recent profits, productivity, new customers, constructions, and so on. Also as was customary, he was offered women of various species, the finest and cleanest on Sriluur, to lie with him tonight. But he waved off these offers; there was only one woman who concerned him now, above all else. More so than Netan, on the planet below, and more so then even Lim Hejin and his pirates, who were still hours from Sriluur. Strange priorities, perhaps, but then again Jabba had lost his empire and his life over a woman in a metal bikini, when he could have very simply given the Rebels what they wanted and turned a profit in the process.

Later in the evening, Kaylie would be "invited" to dine with the Hutt in the same lounge she and Netan had been in earlier. This time, however, the room was different; the lights were dim, even intimate, and the couches, chairs and coffee table had been moved aside to make room for a small table with room enough for two plates, a bottle of wine, and not much else. The holoscreen which had shown Njon, the Toydarian, and the rancor fight earlier now displayed a montage of exotic flowers, beaches, sunsets, candles, and other tasteless, romantic images, with soft and sensual music playing conspicuously in the background. The Hutt was seated or, more accuratley, sidled beside the table. A plate and a stool had been set for Kaylie, both of them uncomfortably close to the Hutt on a table that offered little space between them.

The food—some sort of sliced eel from Nal Hutta that had the appearance of having been alive and happy until very recently—would not likely appeal to Kaylie. But the Hutts were renowned for their spiced wine, and the vintage Njon had with him here was worth hundreds of credits in the Core Worlds. As the Togorian followed Kaylie wordlessly into the lounge, the Hutt would smile his broad, disgusting grin that appeared all the more so in person. His brow raised, as though he were amused. "You look lovely," he said to her, gesturing with a stubby hand for her to join him at the table. As if the Togorian would give her any choice. His large eyes would watch her unapologetically as she neared. "I figured you would," his voice boomed in slow, accented Basic, "And I figured you would want to, for this occasion." For now, he left it to her imagination just what exactly "this occasion" was.

Njon Anjiliac (alias "Njon the Hutt")
■ Owner and CEO of Anjiliac™ brand Spiced Wines, Ltd., known leader of the Anjiliac crime family, suspected leader of the Hutt Cartel.
■ Suspected of grand larceny, embezzlement, extortion, and trafficking in slaves, spice, liquors, and weapons.

Message edited by Njon_the_Hutt - Wednesday, 30 Jun 2010, 0:19 AM

Kaylie_WintersDate: Wednesday, 30 Jun 2010, 2:42 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 0
She hadn't been treated poorly, per se, aggressively was more the term that would be appropriate. She hadn't gone easily when she was first taken aboard, but that was to be expected of her. Kaylie never gave up easily and anyone who knew her, knew that. These individuals obviously had no idea what a spitfire they were dealing with. The Togorian learned quickly when she 'accidentally" stepped on his foot and crammed her elbow into his nose in a futile attempt to run. Where was she going to go anyway? There wasn't anywhere.

He had, however, extended the kindness of letting her undress in private when he came to take her clothes for laundering. Either she do it on her own, or he would remove the clothing for her. The latter hardly seemed an option. So Kaylie sat, wrapped in a soft white bathrobe in the accomodations provided. Rest didn't come easy. She was uncomfortable and felt incredibly isolated. She wanted to get back to the Lucian Alliance, and more importantly, Netan...if for nothing more than to break his nose and tell him what a bastard he was for doing this to her. She was positive he would kill her after that.

Once her dress was delivered, she slid the door shut behind the Togorian and unzipped the vinyl garment bag and looked at the dress within. "It's my size. Imagine that." Kaylie sighed and dressed, and finished just in time for the door to be opened quickly again. The Togorian grabbed her arm and pulled her up and marched her down the hall to the room that Njon was waiting in.

He shoved her through the entrance and she regained her footing and composure a moment later before her gaze trailed around the now dimly lit room. She saw the flowers and the candles flickering on the holo screen and groaned inwardly before her gaze stopped on the slug that sat in the middle of the room on the other side of the small table.

The Togorian moved to take her arm again to put her in the chair where she was wanted, but she yanked her arm out of his furry grasp and frowned. "I can sit on my own, thank you. Your manhandling services are no longer needed." And she walked over and sat herself down at the table. "Thank you....and thank you for the dress. It's very nice. And it didn't come with a collar, so that is a plus." She referenced the Hutts tendancy to take slaves.

Her gaze fell to the plate in front of her and it was all she had in her not to gag, but it was rather repulsive to her. The wine, however, looked wonderful. She resolved that she wouldn't drink much, if any. After all, she didn't want to be drunk, or what if he had drugged it?! Kaylie sat back in the sat and crossed her legs and tapped the heel of one of her stilletto boots on the floor lightly, not annoyingly.

"So what exactly is 'this occasion' anyway?" She hoped that the Hutt remembered the promise he made to Netan, or this could get really ugly, really fast.

Njon_the_HuttDate: Thursday, 01 Jul 2010, 0:30 AM | Message # 3
Major
The Hutt had chosen his words carefully with Netan, and promised him that "my people will do nothing untoward with her, or violate her in any way." He hadn't said anything about himself, only his people. It was a credit to his cunning that he often exaggerated his Huttese accent and stumbled for words in Basic when, in fact, he spoke Basic quite well. The result of this was that nuances like the one he'd said to Netan earlier often went unnoticed.

"Let's call it, how you say, a job interview?" he said, with a casual wave of his hand. That phrase, too, could be taken a number of ways. He didn't let Kaylie consider it for long, however, as he continued speaking. "But there will be time for that," he said. "First, I am interested in your stay with the Lucian Alliance." He paused to pluck a moist, sinewy sliver of eel from the plate and drop it daintily into his mouth. It was unfortunate for her that she could smell his breath from this close. "Tell me," he went on, "How is it that a jewel such as yourself came into the possession of a peedunky like Netan? I seem to recall from our conversation this morning that he abducted you. Is this true? And you are a mechanic, yes? Does he make you work for him? Does he mistreat you?"

As they spoke, his long tail curled slowly, inconspicuously around the table behind where Kaylie sat, drawing nearer to her on the other side. "You can speak freely with me, Pateesa."

■ Owner and CEO of Anjiliac™ brand Spiced Wines, Ltd., known leader of the Anjiliac crime family, suspected leader of the Hutt Cartel.
■ Suspected of grand larceny, embezzlement, extortion, and trafficking in slaves, spice, liquors, and weapons.

Message edited by Njon_the_Hutt - Thursday, 01 Jul 2010, 0:32 AM

Kaylie_WintersDate: Thursday, 01 Jul 2010, 4:31 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Kaylie opened her mouth to speak in response to him calling their meeting a job interview, but before she could get any words out, he interrupted and started talking about the Lucian Alliance.

As he picked up the silver of eel, Kaylie forced herself not to grimace, but turned her gaze away as he ate it. She felt that it would be detrimental to tell him that his breath smelled like a backed up sewage plant on the hottest Summer day on Tattooine, so she kept her disgust to herself.

"I have a job. I work for Netan." Technically she did, for now. Kaylie hesitated.

"I was travelling by transport and his convoy attacked, kept me, and that's all I know." She wasn't lying entirely, but she also was not letting the slug know about Skye. "And no, he doesn't 'make' me work for him, and no, he doesn't mistreat me. Sorry to dissapoint." She murmured as she glanced over at the Hutt.

"So what is it that you want me for? If you have a better offer....." And she left it at that.

Njon_the_HuttDate: Thursday, 01 Jul 2010, 8:00 PM | Message # 5
Major
The Hutt frowned. Kaylie Winters didn't seem to be quite the damsel in distress that he'd assumed she was. Which meant that Netan wasn't as ruthless as he wanted people to suppose. Not as far as Kaylie was concerned, anyway—he had been unusually protective of her earlier. Could it be Njon had discovered Netan's weakness? Well, one of his weaknesses? Perhaps. But these were things to consider another time. The fact that Netan treated her reasonably well only meant that Njon had less leverage in this conversation. But he had enough.

"I do, yes," he said, confidently. His voice had become less mischievious and more businesslike, and his accent had all but disappeared. He turned down the music volume with a remote as he explained. "I want you to spy on the Lucian Alliance for me," he said, "I want to know what they do, where they go, and why. I want to know where they get their people, money, spice, guns, everything. Netan seems to trust you, the fool. This should not be difficult for you."

"In exchange," he shrugged, the cavalier smile returning to his face. The tip of his tail appeared beside her and stroked her bare shoulder gently. "You can have your freedom, or money, or a job, or a ship. Whatever. You see, Pateesa, the Lucian Alliance will not last. I am three hundred years old, and I have seen at least that many Netans blunder into their own untimely, unpleasant deaths. Foolish, impulsive humans. The Lucian Alliance will be destroyed," he repeated, "I'll still be here when it's gone, and you and I will meet again. I guarantee this, as I guarantee you whatever it is you desire as payment. If, however, you don't spy for me, well. As I said, you and I will meet again."

He poured her a tall glass of spiced wine and slid it to her. "What do you say?" he asked, his tail stroking the brown locks of her hair idly as he smiled nefariously at her.

Kaylie_WintersDate: Thursday, 01 Jul 2010, 8:22 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Kaylie shifted in the seat as she watched the bulbous slug that was seated across from her. Part of her wanted to just blurt it out, just tell him that yes she was technically a prisoner. After all, Netan wouldn't let her leave. She couldn't get to Skye, and could barely contact her. The problem was that she had no desire to be indebted to a Hutt like that.

"And how do you propose I contact you? I have no way of getting messages off of that ship, so there is no way that your plan would work. Unless, of course, you have a suggestion?" She murmured.

As his tail brushed her shoulder, she shuddered slightly at the cold, leathery touch of the Hutt. "And when it's over....you're just going to let me go? To do anything I want?" She was wary about that part. And again, that might leave her indebted to him. Though by her words, it was obvious that the girl was at least seriously mulling over the offer.

Idly, she picked up the glass and inhaled the scent before she took a small sip, and ignored (for the moment) the fact that he was touching her mousy brown hair.

Message edited by Kaylie_Winters - Thursday, 01 Jul 2010, 8:24 PM

Njon_the_HuttDate: Tuesday, 06 Jul 2010, 1:51 AM | Message # 7
Major
Njon chuckled. "You don't think highly of Hutts," he observed, "Perhaps Jabba's reputation precedes me, but I assure you that I am not him. He was impulsive, for a Hutt. And he had—how is it in Basic?—a fetish, yes, for women of your species. But I don't care for humans, pateesa, sexually or otherwise. Too small, too thin, too much... hair." He sounded ill as he said this, then shook his head. "And, like our friend Netan, and like Jabba for that matter, too impulsive. Your prefontal lobes are too small and your adrenal glands too big. No offense. But I mean to say, you don't think things through."

"When I say 'you,' I mean humans, of course. You, Kaylie Winters, could be different. For example, you would be wise to accept my offer. And yes, you will be free to go when I am finished with Netan. Whatever it is you desire, money, a ship, a favor, these are small things for me. A small price to pay, shall we say, for the price that Netan will pay. As for how..." he said with a casual wave of his stubby hand.

"We'll leave some communications equipment for you," he said, "We'll have it stowed in a maintenance panel, perhaps, so you can access it when Netan has you work on his ship. It will broadcast on the same, low frequency as engine intereference, so that none but the finest slicers will detect the transmissions. And I know for a fact, my dear, that Netan can't afford a slicer. He can't even afford a mechanic, apparently, or he wouldn't hold you as his prisoner and he certainly wouldn't come to me to repair his ships for him. As you can see, this was not wise of him."

"But," Njon shrugged, plucking another sliver of eel from the plate, "He is only human." The Hutt's tail, by now, was massaging some of the tension from her shoulders. "Do you like the wine?" he asked, raising his own glass and breathing in its aroma through his large nostrils. The irony of the romantic setting, the music, the wine, the soft lights and visuals on the screen would be apparent to Kaylie now that she knew Njon had in mind only business, not pleasure. It had been simply an exaggeration of the common perception of the Hutts all along, for no conceivable reason but Njon's own amusement at making Kaylie feel uncomfortable. He doubted she would see the humor, however.

Kaylie_WintersDate: Wednesday, 07 Jul 2010, 7:54 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Kaylie took a deep breath and then another sip of the wine. There was a myriad of things that were going through her mind, all of them about the offer that Njon had given to her.

"What are you going to do to, Netan...?" She asked quietly as she swirled the wine in the glass idly. Kaylie thought over what she could ask him for. What she really wanted, he couldn't give, unless he could bring people back from the dead. Then there was Skye. She wanted to keep her daughter safe, and so far, she was very well hidden and protected by the Nemodians.

She would wait for his answer before she would make her final decision. "Not that I really care about what happens to that son of a bitch, but I am curious. If you'll share." Kaylie smiled and leaned back into the chair and brushed her hand against the tip of his tail as she brushed her hair back from her face.

Njon_the_HuttDate: Tuesday, 13 Jul 2010, 10:25 PM | Message # 9
Major
"Me?" the Hutt said. His eyes were wide and innocent, but his chesire grin was anything but. "I won't do anything to him," he said, his emphasis on the word 'I' suggesting, ominously, that he was probably telling the truth—knowledge of Netan's whereabouts, after all, would be quite destructive to him and his Lucian Alliance if such knowledge found its way into the wrong hands. Njon, of course, could make sure that it did find its way into the wrong hands, for a handsome price. Then he would turn a profit from the destruction of the Lucian Alliance and not even have to destroy it himself. It was typical Njon, not that he would admit to any of it, of course. That, too, was typical Njon.

"Actually, that's not entirely true," he said, finishing his wine before he continued, "Netan's ships are soon to have an unfortunate infestation of conduit worms. Nothing too serious, mind you. But enough to cause some power outs here and there. It should give you plenty of mechanical work to do on his ships, and an excuse to sneak away and send your reports to me. That, and he'll have to return here for more serious repairs eventually."

"Won't it be nice, staying in touch?" he added, sardonically.

Kaylie_WintersDate: Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 4:38 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
"Oh yes, lovely." She replied when he asked about staying in touch. "And I am sure that we will have another delightful night such as this when the conduit worms do their job and I am unable to keep up with the repairs. I relish the thought." Kaylie murmured sarcastically. "Though I would not want to bore you with my inadequate pre-frontal lobes."

Kaylie sat back and finished the glass of wine that she had been holding, then sat the empty glass on the small tabletop. She had made a decision, and was ready to inform him of it, with a stipulation.

"Njon, I will accept your offer. But...." She paused for a moment and smiled a little. " At the time of Netan's inevitable demise, I will require a ship of my own and some sort of monetary allotment that is deposited monthly into my account. Of course that little detail can be worked out later." Kaylie offered another smile. "Or is that too much to ask?" While she did have money tucked away, she did want to have enough for Skye to live more than comfortably, which she would not tell Njon about.

"So when can I return to the ship?"

Njon_the_HuttDate: Saturday, 17 Jul 2010, 9:12 PM | Message # 11
Major
Njon smiled broadly as she made her decision. He seemed pleased with himself, and with her. "You are wise, Kaylie Winters," he said, reaching his own empty glass across the table to tap against hers. "For a human, of course," he added, and then laughed his booming, sardonic laugh. Then he shrugged. "You are free to leave anytime you wish," he told her, "I won't insist that you enjoy your suite for the night, but I do recommend you do. I'm sure the amenities are finer than what Netan has to offer, and once you leave Sriluur you may be on some ship of his or other for a long time. Poor Kaylie," he frowned, but then seemed to cheer himself up a moment later, "But not too long, I promise you."

He pulled his tail away at last and then lumbered away from the table, in the direction of the wide door through which she and Netan had entered earlier. He paused and glanced to her as an afterthought occurred to him. "Oh," he said, with a wave of his hand, "We're planting a homing beacon in the corvette that Netan calls the Fury. It will be discovered, of course—that is why I will need your reports. But you can 'discover' it before Netan's people do, and bring it to his attention. It will help to gain his trust, and make him feel that he is now safe." He smiled again, as though he were proud of himself for having devised this scheme. "You will find it in the aft maintenance closet, near the engine room," he said as the door slid open before him. A Rodian and a Weequay stood guard outside, and fell into escort formation beside him as his bulky form receded down the corridor, visible for but a moment until the door slid shut again.

The Togorian—who showed no apparent hard feelings for having had her foot stepped on and nose smashed—finally spoke in broken Basic. "I am to escort you where you wish to go," she said, "Njon insists." And sure he did; it wouldn't do to have Kaylie snooping about the shipyard, but also, Sriluur was a dangerous place on a Natunda night. Especially for a girl dressed as Kaylie was. Whether this was chivalry on the Hutt's part, or whether he was simply protecting an investment, one couldn't be sure. But as long as the Togorian was with her, she would safely get wherever she needed or wanted to go. The nightlife was open to her as well as to Netan, on Njon's tab.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » A Night to Forget (An Evening with Njon the Hutt)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz