MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
7:55 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Roon (Basing Operations)
Roon
NetanDate: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 10:33 AM | Message # 16
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Due to the recent arrival of the New Republic Defense Fleet, the Lucian Alliance fleet were cut off from their escape. Instead of being able to relax, Netan began to tense up. The very same fear the pirates at Roon have had were confirmed right at the moment, and it was none other than Netan's nemesis, Brevet Commodore Paddox. He knew she had been so relentless in pursuing the Lucian Alliance ever since their attack at Endor. As long as his fleet were mobile, they were able to dodge Paddox's forces. But no more, and it made Netan wonder how Paddox's forces were able to catch up with him. It was quite sudden as well. No matter, Netan looked out the window inside the command bridge of the Fury. He knew the Marauders stand no chance of winning this battle as long as the Mon Calamarian cruiser is present.

Netan would be forced to swallow a gulp, given how seriously outgunned their warships were. However, Netan wasn't going to surrender to the NRDF, especially not to Paddox. He had personal grudge against Paddox for preventing the Lucian Alliance from completing their objectives at Endor. "Turn the ships around! We're going back to Roon! Full sublight speed!" He ordered his men in anger, and the message would immediately get over to the Grievous. "While we're running back, have all the weapons ready and hot!" He issued another order, as the Marauders would turn the other way around. Netan had something in mind, and the Mon Calamarian cruiser wouldn't be able to match their sublight speed but the Nebulon and the DP20 might be able to. This would at least give the Lucian Alliance an equal footing for a time, until they get back to Roon. Each Marauder had eight double turbolasers and three tractor beam projectors, so in total they have 32 turbolasers and six tractor beam projectors at their disposal. "Activate the beams!" He was referring to the tractor beam projectors, "When the fighters get in range, use the beams to pull them toward the nearby asteroids!" He had issued three orders, something he wasn't able to do so quickly in the past.

The Supreme Commander would then walk over to the radiotransmitter and activate it himself, broadcasting on the general frequency so he would be able to contact the pirates at Roon. "This is Netan of the Lucian Alliance, the NRDF is right behind us! You better prepare yourself for battle!" He had figured out that with the battle already going on, the NRDF would just approach Roon and attempt to destroy the combined pirate forces. While the pirates does hate Netan, they would have no choice but to unite with the Lucian Alliance and fight against Paddox's forces. Meanwhile, he would approach one of his bodyguards. "Issue Kaylie and the team of the Lucian Alliance spec ops on board my personal ship, you and your buddy as well." Both bodyguards would nod at Netan's orders, they would leave the command bridge and inform the spec ops of this. Then they would grab Kaylie, making their way toward the hangar bay. They were to board Netan's personal ship, a modified HWK-290 light freighter in case the battle goes ill. The Supreme Commander would turn his eyes back to the window, hoping that his plan would work.

Kaylie_WintersDate: Tuesday, 17 Aug 2010, 3:14 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant colonel
Kaylie had been fussing with conduit worms, thanks to Njon and his rediculous Hutt hijinks, when she heard a commotion and felt the ship change direction and accelerate. She put down the diagnostic tool she had been working with and started towards the bridge. Oddly, Netan's men were running each direction up and down the corridor, and she artfully sidestepped and dodged them as she made her way toward the front part of the ship. Her attempts to ask what was going on were futile, however.

When she was almost to the bridge, two burly personal guards barreled through the doorway and each of them grabbed a hold of her arms and started to drag her back toward the hanger bay. She let out a screech of protest which went ignored by the guards. "Let me GO!" Kaylie protested with a struggle.

"No, Miss Kaylie. We have orders to take you to Netan's personal ship and keep you safe there." One of them replied gruffly. The reply came only moments before Kaylie threw an elbow into his gut, then thrust the palm of her now free hand into the nose of the other guard. Basic self-defense. She didn't make it far before she was grabbed by the arm again, then forcibly hoisted over the shoulder of the one she had elbowed. "I said, we have orders." He barked again and carried the woman off to the hanger bay.

Moments later, amidst the chaos, he deposited Kaylie roughly into a seat in the cockpit of the ship before he fastened her wrist to the arm of the seat with a restraint, then started to heat up the engines.

Milo_GannonDate: Monday, 13 Sep 2010, 8:18 PM | Message # 18
Private
There were only a few ways that Paddox could have found out about the Lucian Alliance's presence at Roon. No doubt, her intelligence had told her that Netan was in the Abrion sector, but his exact whereabouts in the sector could only have been reported some time during his trip to Roon on the treacherous Manda/Roon merchant route, or, more likely, someone had seen him at Roon and reported him there. In either case, it would take time for word of this to reach Paddox, and would take still more time for her to get there. As a result, it was probable that the Republic fleet would intercept Netan closer to Manda than to Roon, and that a day or more would have passed since Thesh and Hejin's battle at Roon.

But for now, that battle raged in earnest.

(( ... except you'll need to take my word for that, because I'm too tired to finish this post tonight. But it'll be the first thing I do tomorrow morning, except for, like, getting up to take a leak or something. ))

Added (13 Sep 2010, 9:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------
(( Okay everyone, here it is. The great Roon auto! ))

Adam says:
▪ Yeah
▪ So can we just auto out Roon?
Jace says:
▪ Oh, hmm.
▪ You know, it might be easier.
▪ I mean, it would definitely be easier.
Adam says:
▪ No joke. lol
▪ And save you time.
Jace says:
▪ Damn, I can't load it here either.
▪ Well, I'll tell you what my strategy was, then.
Adam says:
▪ works on my firefox.
▪ Clear your cache
Jace says:
▪ Okay, I will now.
▪ Thesh (as in he personally, in the Bloodlust) was going to continue pecking at Hejin's ships in a maddeningly hit and fade technique that doesn't allow much of an opportunity to shoot back at him.
▪ The idea being that his plan is to capitalize on what he notices is Hejin's attempt to single him out specifically.
▪ In the meantime letting his other ships do the heavy hitting.
▪ The Adz-class destroyer, after finishing disabling the bulk freighters, would advance up to the DP-20 and engage it full on, in addition to, what was it, the YVs I think.
▪ And the other ships would have continued hammering Hejin's bulk cruiser at extremely close range, flying constantly around it, however, to frustrate attempts to shoot back.
▪ Basically, moving so close to the bulk cruiser that it can never bring more than a small amount of its firepower to bear at any one moment.
▪ Meanwhile, the fighters were going to keep on the Mynock-class shuttle, which seemed to be succeeding in drawing away the R&L fighters.
▪ Once the R&L fighters engage them, the plan was the fighter groups would all basically split up and tag team them. One being the bait while another two form up behind the R&L fighter, since the R&L fighters broke formation and went in ones.
▪ That was my whole plan.
Adam says:
▪ On reading my last post
Jace says:
▪ That, and pointing out, as I did, that Netan and Paddox were far away from Roon.
Adam says:
▪ Lemme see what I was gonna do
Jace says:
▪ So they won't interfere with us.
Adam says:
▪ Uh, the Mynock was running
Jace says:
▪ Indeed.
Adam says:
▪ So it would have been out of the fight anyway
Jace says:
▪ Yes, but Thesh's fighters would have stayed on it.
▪ Because they notice that the R&L fighters are following them.
▪ So it keeps the R&L fighters out of the main battle.
▪ Which I think is what Thesh said his plan was in the last post.
Adam says:
▪ Yeah, but on following, they would have been met by Cale, his yacht, the pair of MRX-BRs and the Scalpel
▪ That's some heavy firepower to tie them up and let the Mynock flee
Jace says:
▪ In that case they'd probably run.
▪ Into the debris field.
Adam says:
▪ So the Mynock is likely to escape I assume?
Jace says:
▪ Fair to say. It's only Thesh's target insofar as it's drawing Hejin's ships into defending it.
▪ Once they've done that, the Mynock isn't important anymore.
Adam says:
▪ Lemme see... we agreed that no matter how, all the Z-95s, R-41s and T-Wings would be destroyed
Jace says:
▪ The R-41s I know as in the bulk cruiser.
Adam says:
▪ Eh?
Jace says:
▪ Are the Z-95s and T-wings in the main battle?
Adam says:
▪ Oh yeah
▪ The Razors
Jace says:
▪ are in*
Adam says:
▪ Razors are in cruiser
Jace says:
▪ Oh oops.
Adam says:
▪ The other ships are in the main battle
Jace says:
▪ Okay.
▪ Yeah, I can still see a lot of casualties there among your fighters. Both from Thesh harassing them and probably from Thesh's other ships just recklessly crashing into them as they buzz Hejin's bulk cruiser.
Adam says:
▪ Yeah.
Jace says:
▪ Since they're buzzing it at close range and Hejin's fighters are flying close defense formations.
Adam says:
▪ So lemme see... because the Kraken fighters were gonna make one pass through Thesh's fighters and go for the main battle
Jace says:
▪ Ah, that's what I thoughtl.
thought.*
Adam says:
▪ I had originally planned for the Razors to launch after the three other vessels passed the bow of the Fat Boy
Jace says:
▪ In that case, Thesh's fighters would wait until the moment that the yacht, the Krakens, Pacifiers, etc. turn around to leave, and then Thesh's fighters, too, would turn around and drop into pursuit again.
Adam says:
▪ Since each of those vessels got at least 2 torps on them from the YV
▪ The yacht and all those aren't leaving
▪ They are there to harass the fighters
Jace says:
▪ They would follow into the debris field?
▪ Okay.
▪ Hmm.
Adam says:
▪ Minus the Kraken fighters
Jace says:
▪ Then realistically, I'd have to concede the fighters would probably stay there to engage the yacht, Pacifiers, etc.
Adam says:
▪ Considering they carry the heaviest warheads Cale has
Jace says:
▪ Okay, so let's stay with the fighters and Cale's group then for the moment.
▪ They're duking it out in the debris field, sans Krakens.
Adam says:
▪ Ok, finish that up first?
Jace says:
▪ What happens to them?
▪ Sure.
Adam says:
▪ Well, let's see.
▪ The mynock is cleared
▪ So that's outta the way
▪ My side has...
Jace says:
▪ For now.
▪ It's possible they could go for it again depending on what happens.
▪ But not likely.
▪ We're talking, what..
▪ Like 12 uglies and 12 cloakshapes, I think.
Adam says:
▪ the yacht, the pacifiers, cale and the scalpel
Jace says:
▪ Against Cale's yacht, the pacifiers, and the scalpel.
Adam says:
▪ And cale himself
Jace says:
▪ What's he flying?
▪ The StarViper?
Adam says:
▪ Indeed
Jace says:
▪ Did we come to a decision whether the StarViper was in the battle or not?
▪ I guess we did, okay nevermind.
Adam says:
▪ Ok, analyzing...
▪ What kind of uglies?
Jace says:
▪ Well, I can tell you my fighters would probably split up, making as many targets as possible, and use the debris field to their upmost possible advantage.
▪ I think they were mostly Y-TIEs.
▪ Or was it TYE-Wings..
▪ Hard to keep those straight.
Adam says:
▪ Good god
▪ Y-TIE
▪ Is uglyu
Jace says:
▪ lol.
Adam says:
▪ *Ugly
Jace says:
▪ That's why they call it ugly.
Adam says:
▪ Rofl
▪ Z'ceptors look less ugly
Jace says:
▪ Indeed.
▪ But I think I went mostly with Y-TIEs because they were the best of the Uglies.
▪ Unless, again, I'm confusing that with TYE-Wings.
▪ One of those combines the strengths of the TIE and Y-Wing, and one combines the weaknesses.
Adam says:
▪ I don't recall
Jace says:
▪ I used more of the one that combined the strengths, obviously.
▪ Let's see..
▪ Yeah, the Y-TIE is the good one.
▪ It's mostly those.
Adam says:
▪ Alright, I already planned to loose the yacht
▪ We need to figure out how many it killed before it died though.
Jace says:
▪ On the other hand, the fighters might avoid the yacht like the plague.
▪ Because it has cluster bombs on it.
Adam says:
▪ True, but the cluster bombs are disguised
▪ They wouldn't be able to tell they were there until one or more were triggered
Jace says:
▪ Well, they'd be odd protrusions, yes?
▪ Something that, even if you didn't know what they were, if you were familiar with starship designs you'd find it unusual looking?
Adam says:
▪ These weapons were typically ovoid in shape, but could be disguised in any form or fashion. Examples of disguises include cargo modules, air locks, sensor towers, and other seemingly vital components that would lure opportunistic starfighter pilots to come close to the lethal trap.
▪ Quote from wookieepedia
Jace says:
▪ Oh, hmm.
▪ I'd prefer not to go back to the request and see what the wording was..
▪ Especially if the site isn't working, let's see..
Adam says:
▪ Lemme look
Jace says:
▪ Yeah, still not loading.
Adam says:
▪ Slow loading right now.
▪ But I mean, having visible cluster bombs would defeat the purpose.
Jace says:
▪ This is true.
▪ Well, in any case, as soon as one goes off, -then- they'd avoid it like the plague.
Adam says:
▪ Cause the yacht is lightly armed
▪ True
Jace says:
▪ They'd be of limited use in a debris field anyway.
▪ They might also be less inclined to hit it because they think their million credit bounty is inside.
Adam says:
▪ True
▪ But the Pacifiers and the Scalpel would stay relatively close to the yacht
Jace says:
▪ Except that the fighters are splitting up.
Adam says:
▪ Which would be falling back to cover the Mynock till it could make hyperspace
Jace says:
▪ So to engage them they would have to also.
▪ Not to mention it'd be hard to stay in formation in the debris field.
Adam says:
▪ Also true
▪ But the scalpel outguns the fighters by quite a bit
▪ As do the Pacifiers, actually
Jace says:
▪ Indeed they do.
▪ What is the Scalpel again?
Adam says:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Otana
▪ Pretty much that
Jace says:
▪ Oh right.
▪ Well, it and the Pacifiers would be disadvantaged in terms of maneuverability in the debris field.
Adam says:
▪ And the Pacifiers sport a pair of torp launchers and 3 laser cannons
Jace says:
▪ The torps, also, of limited use in the debris field.
Adam says:
▪ True, less maneuverability, but higher firepower than can be brought to bear
▪ So it's basically a cannon battle
Jace says:
▪ Seems that way.
Adam says:
▪ But if they wanted their bounty, wouldn't they try disabling the yacht?
Jace says:
▪ After they save their own asses by getting rid of the heavy firepower, yes..
▪ yes.*
▪ They'd probably split up, forcing the YT-2000 and Pacifiers to pick single targets and go after them.
Adam says:
▪ Alright, so have the yacht push back towards the main battle and the rest of the ships flee after the Mynock.
Jace says:
▪ Then, once they go after their single targets, more fighters would regroup and take potshots at them from behind.
▪ Then break up again into the debris field.
▪ Okay, they'd let the yacht go then.
▪ And go after the engines on the Pacifiers and YT-2000 as they turn around to leave.
Adam says:
▪ And one of the Pacifiers would likely be destroyed. Probably both, since they'd cover the Scalpel
Jace says:
▪ Seems fair.
▪ Some fighters would go, of course. It's a costly technique.
▪ And some would simply crash. Debris fields are dangerous.
▪ So as many as half would probably go.
Adam says:
▪ Giving the Scalpel time to get out. It's be easy enough to cover its own rear.
▪ This I know, cause I've flown that ship.
Jace says:
▪ lol.
▪ The remaining fighters then, once the Mynock and Scalpel are gone, would loop around and gun it after the yacht in the direction of the main battle.
Adam says:
▪ Ok, that settles that for now.
Jace says:
▪ Once there, though, they'd probably go after the Krakens.
Adam says:
▪ So, back to the main battle discussion?
Jace says:
▪ But first, we should get back to the main battle, indeed.
Adam says:
▪ Ok, so
Jace says:
▪ So I'm willing to concede the YV's are going to get fucked up by the DP20.
Adam says:
▪ I say discuss my fighter losses first
Jace says:
▪ Probably both of them destroyed, or knocked out of commission.
▪ Okay, fighters.
Adam says:
▪ I mean, I have...
▪ 12 T-wings and 6 Razors for sure
▪ I think I have... 2 Z-95s and 3 R-41s left
▪ After I posted losing 3 of the first and 1 of the latter
Jace says:
▪ The Bloodlust would be hitting the fighters almost exclusively, because that's what it's good at.
Adam says:
▪ Alright, the Razors don't launch until after the Disincentive, Grihm'tok, Windfall and Dinty Moore
pass by
Jace says:
▪ Well, they sort of pass by.
▪ Thesh went on a complete pass.
▪ Windfall and Dinty Moore are the YV's, right?
Adam says:
▪ Lemme check
▪ Correct
Jace says:
▪ They'd probably break away from the bulk cruiser before they make a complete pass, and go after the DP-20 instead.
▪ And the Grihm'tok and Disincentive wouldn't really make a full pass, because they'd instead fall into this kind of close range, encircling tactic around the bulk cruiser.
▪ Which, because they're big ships, I imagine taking out a fair number of your fighters just from plowing through them recklessly.
▪ Which your pilots wouldn't expect, obviously. No one would.
Adam says:
▪ Ok, so after the YVs made their pass, that's when the Razors would launch and hit them from behind with proton torps as best they could. All four ships though, especially the Grihm'tok and Disincentive would be easy to hit by the Swift.
Jace says:
▪ What's the Swift again?
Adam says:
▪ Since it has 12 proton torps and fired 2 at each so far
▪ As well as its cannons
▪ It is...
▪ A...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YZ-775
Jace says:
▪ The only difficulty I see in that is that, encircling the bulk cruiser so closely, it'd be next to impossible to hit them with missiles at any distance because the average gunner would be more likely to hit the bulk cruiser by mistake.
Adam says:
▪ The Swift was slightly aft and below the Fat Boy though
▪ So it has the perfect arc to fire from
Jace says:
▪ It could probably hit one, then, certainly.
▪ Since the Disincentive and Grihm'tok would go in on either side of the Fat Boy.
▪ One of them would be on the Swift's side, the other would have the Fat Boy between it and the Swift.
Adam says:
▪ Correct
Jace says:
▪ So, 2 missiles at each?
▪ Let's say 2 missiles hit the Grihm'tok, 1 missile aimed at the Disincentive goes stray and the other grazes the Fat Boy?
Adam says:
▪ That works.
▪ What about the other 2 ships?
Jace says:
▪ My other two?
Adam says:
▪ Windfall and Dinty Moore? Those had 2 popped at them as well when they first came in
Jace says:
▪ Oh, that's right. How about they all connect.
▪ On each one, the first missile weakens its shields enough that the second missile deals some damage to the hulls.
▪ So both have been punched through.
Adam says:
▪ So when those two turn, they take out most of the T-wings as well, right?
Jace says:
▪ They'd probably avoid the fighters.
Adam says:
▪ Thought you said they rammed them?
Jace says:
▪ I don't see them getting -too- close to the Fat Boy.
▪ It'd be more likely the Disincentive and Grihm'tok would ram them, because they're the ones encircling the Fat Boy.
▪ Sorry if I mixed them up.
▪ I think your fighters were all fairly close to the Fat Boy.
Adam says:
▪ True. So say... 6 T-wings and the 6 Razors left
Jace says:
▪ How many lost is that so far?
Adam says:
▪ Uh...
▪ 6 T-wings, the remaining Z-95s and R-41s
Jace says:
▪ Don't forget Thesh would have come around for another pass too, and those Tartans are brutal to fighters.
Adam says:
▪ Yeah, but that would cost him 2 torps at him as well
Jace says:
▪ Oh also, you weakened Thesh's shields but I had him loop around very widely and take his time coming around for another pass so his shields could regain strength.
Adam says:
▪ Plus whatever laser cannon shots from the Swift and Fat Boy.
Jace says:
▪ The laser cannon shots he could probably take, if only because he'd come around for a very quick pass.
▪ And he'd probably use his speed to run from the missiles and take refuge in the bulk cruisers again.
Adam says:
▪ Ok, so we have so far, as much as I am following:
Jace says:
▪ bulk freighters*
Adam says:
▪ 6 Razors chasing the pair of armed freighters as they head for the DP20; 6 T-wings trying to fight the Discril and the TL-1200 around the Fat Boy; the Fat Boy and the aforementioned pair of ships trading shots
(continued)
▪ The Swift shooting torps at any who come too close and adding fire against the pair of ships
▪ And the Dp20 doing... something.
▪ That's what I've gathered so far
Jace says:
▪ The DP-20 you mentioned in your last post, I think, would be focusing on the Windfall and Dinty Moore as they tried to harry it.
▪ Except it would have to deal with the Adz-class destroyer as it closes in behind it.
▪ Which is more evenly classed.
Adam says:
▪ Indeed
▪ which brings us to about the point where the Kraken fighters begin to matter
Jace says:
▪ Ah indeed, so.
Adam says:
▪ Perhaps I should call them by their correct name
Jace says:
▪ At some point the remaining half of my fighters would return from the skirmish at the edge of the battle, following the yacht back into the thick of things.
Adam says:
▪ Kraken strike fighters
Jace says:
▪ That would be, like, 4 or 5 minutes elapsed.
▪ In other words, the Krakens would have been in the battle at this point for about 4 or 5 minutes. What would they be up to?
▪ Bearing in mind I think it's fair to say the Fat Boy would be having a shield problem at this point.
Adam says:
▪ Well, they have great speed and agility, more than enough to give an A-wing trouble. They were designed with the A-wing in mind/
▪ But it's their warhead racks that give them great diversity
▪ Though limited use
▪ As they are one-shot weapons, obviously.
Jace says:
▪ The Adz-class, mind you, would still be focusing on the bulk freighters at this point.
▪ Only slowly sneaking its way closer to the DP-20.
Adam says:
▪ One of them is armed with diamond boron missiles. One is carrying proton rockets and the last, space bombs.
Jace says:
▪ But not giving any indication, yet, that they would plan to attack it.
Adam says:
▪ if it got within range of the Skylance, it would probably come under fire; intent to attack or not.
Jace says:
▪ It would probably keep out of range until it did plan to attack.
▪ Bear in mind though the DP-20 also has the Windfall and Dinty Moore to deal with.
▪ Damaged though they are.
Adam says:
▪ True.
Jace says:
▪ They would probably try to stay near the Skylance's engines, because it gives them some moderate protection against most of the Skylance's firepower.
▪ That would also put them between the Skylance and the Adz-class.
▪ But anyway, the Krakens.
Adam says:
▪ Actually
▪ The freighters
▪ Would be the primary target for the heaviest pounding
▪ As they outgun the Adz
Jace says:
▪ Do they?
Adam says:
▪ The Adz has...
▪ 3 quad turbolasers
▪ Er
▪ Quad laser cannon batteries
▪ and 3 Ion cannon batteries
▪ The freighters have..
▪ 2 dual light turbolasers, one dual ion cannon turret, a pair of triple blasters and 8 missile tubes
Jace says:
▪ Oh wow, I forgot how hard core those were.
Adam says:
▪ So even damaged, the Skylance would be maneuvering hard to keep as many arcs on them as possible.
Jace says:
▪ One of them is going to run away, let's say it's the Windfall.
▪ They won't throw their lives away, after all. They're just pirates.
Adam says:
▪ Alright. In that case, it would continue to fight the Dinty Moore and keep an eye on the Adz.
▪ Now, the Krakens
▪ It all depends
▪ To be honest
Jace says:
▪ Your call.
Adam says:
▪ targets of opportunity are targets that are already engaged
Jace says:
▪ Thesh, at this point, would be biding his time somewhere on the edge of the battle, hiding among the bulk freighters while he recharges his shields.
Adam says:
▪ So odds are they'd move for the ships harassing the Fat Boy.
Jace says:
▪ Okay.
Adam says:
▪ At least 2 of them would.
Jace says:
▪ The Grihm'tok has already been hit by the Swift, so it'd be more vulnerable.
▪ Would they tag team the Grihm'tok or go ship to ship with the Grihm'tok and the Disincentive?
Adam says:
▪ Depends
▪ Honestly.
▪ See, a heavy rocket...
▪ Er
▪ Proton rocket
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Proton_rocket
▪ Is said to be able to kill a corvette with two rocket hits
▪ But a proton bomb is said to be even more powerful
Jace says:
▪ Well, bear in mind the heavy ordinance would need to be requested.
▪ I think, despite my aversion to saying that, I did say it at some point.
Adam says:
▪ I figured they came that way, honestly.
Jace says:
▪ The diamond boron missiles almost certainly wouldn't be approved. They've been denied before.
▪ And the Kraken request didn't specify the types of ordinance they carried.
▪ Which is fine for lesser ordinance, like proton torpedoes and concussion missiles, etc.
▪ If a proton bomb is what I think it is, I'm not sure that'd be approved either. Let me look it up.
▪ I think I've used it before, in another time and another RP, lol.
Adam says:
▪ I didn't think proton bombs and rockets had to be requested. I mean, the Remnant fleets as well as New Republic vessels use them on a regular basis
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Space_bomb
▪ See, Thesh's fighters could have easily intercepted the bombs and rockets
▪ Since they are slow
Jace says:
▪ Oh, wait it's not what I thought it was.
▪ You're talking about like standard Y-wing and TIE Bomber bombs.
Adam says:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Proton_rocket
▪ And those
Jace says:
▪ Okay, so the bombs are fine.
Adam says:
▪ But, yeah dude... proton bombs.
▪ Lol
Jace says:
▪ I mean, in moderation.
▪ As long as it's not like, limitless like in video games.
Adam says:
▪ Rofl
▪ The Kraken can only carry 4 of each ordnance
▪ And Cale is low on cash
▪ So he'd have to wait for Brandt
▪ Before he could get more
▪ The same with the rockets
▪ And the diamond borons, if they're allowed
Jace says:
▪ Okay, those are fine then.
▪ I don't know about the diamond borons though.
▪ I can recall at least one occasion on which they've been denied. Possibly more.
▪ They aren't always.
▪ Gannon has I think 2.
Adam says:
▪ Probably because someone tried to use too many. I mean, it is a legit weapon. It's expensive and useful.
Jace says:
▪ But his resources are even more limited, obviously, so he'd never really use them.
▪ I think I would just have a problem with them being on fighters.
Adam says:
▪ Desperate times. Otherwise Cale wouldn't have fielded them
▪ It says they can be fired from concussion missile launchers
Jace says:
▪ Yes, but in principle I don't like the idea of a fighter carrying them.
▪ It seems a little too easy.
Adam says:
▪ If you are using them against a fighter squadron, I suppose.
▪ But that would be a waste.
▪ At least in my eyes.
Jace says:
▪ Well, as manager I have to anticipate any possible use.
▪ Because I get uncomfortable when I start telling people specifically what actions they can or can't do.
Adam says:
▪ Rofl. How is this: I hereby electronically swear never to use my diamond boron missiles against any snubfighters.
▪ Lol
Jace says:
▪ So, in lieu of diamond boron missiles, what would the 3rd Kraken have?
▪ I don't know, I mean I guess to put it more broadly, the reluctance I have is in seeing them used in a fleet.
Adam says:
▪ Eh?
▪ Probably advanced proton torpedoes I'd say instead of diamond boron
Jace says:
▪ Okay.
▪ Question remains though, what are the Krakens up to?
Adam says:
▪ So, yes, the closest vessel attacking the Fat Boy
would be dove upon with great speed and agility by the Krakens and then one would release a pair of proton bombs at the smallest possible range and then bail for open space in evasive maneuvers
▪ Much as the tactic is described as being used by the TIE Advanced
Jace says:
▪ Okay, so pop goes the Grihm'tok.
▪ Which is already damaged.
Adam says:
▪ Ok, so, your move
▪ By now, the Skylance, Swift and Fat Boy would be maneuvering to join up.
▪ Or beginning to.
Jace says:
▪ Okay, and about at the same time, the Adz would make contact with the Skylance.
Adam says:
▪ And the yacht would be entering as well
Jace says:
▪ From maximum reasonable distance.
▪ Especially with its ion cannons.
▪ It's the ion cannons I see doing the most damage to the Skylance
▪ The Dinty Moore is probably out of commission by now.
Adam says:
▪ The yacht would probably do its best to ram the Adz before it could disable the Skylance.
Jace says:
▪ But not after firing most of its missiles at the Skylance.
▪ So I imagine the Skylance, even before this, would already have taken a beating.
Adam says:
▪ Playing chicken so to speak.
Jace says:
▪ Who is flying the yacht?
Adam says:
▪ yeah, the Skylance would be hurting.
▪ Flying the yacht? Some of Cale's more fanatical men.
▪ Or perhaps I should say, Atropos' men.
Jace says:
▪ I don't know about being willing to die.
▪ Also, if it comes head on, the Adz would just hit it with the ion cannons instead for a few seconds, then once it's down and out just continue firing on the Skylance.
▪ Also, the two Kaloths would be rapidly moving in to back up the Adz.
▪ Now that all the freighters would be subdued.
▪ And the big advantage of the Kaloths are their tractor beams.
▪ I can see one of them, the closer one, tractoring the yacht as it gets near the Adz, with the Adz hitting it with ion cannon fire.
Adam says:
▪ Ok, that's doable.
Jace says:
▪ In any case though, I see it as kind of a short distraction of the Adz from the Skylance.
Adam says:
▪ Gives the Skylance enough time to break for the debris field or for the Fat Boy and the Swift.
Jace says:
▪ If the Skylance is moving to group up with the Fat Boy and Swift, it's engines would be exposed to the Adz.
▪ They would take most of the ion cannon fire.
Adam says:
▪ Not if it
▪ 's not moving directly for them
Jace says:
▪ Even if so, I think the Adz would really pretty much only have a clear shot at the engines.
▪ Because the Skylance would be facing generally away from the Adz.
▪ Remember also it had to do a lot of juking around to make it hard for the Windfall and Dinty Moore, and it would take a few precious moments to get oriented again.
Adam says:
▪ The problem being the Skylance has a longer range than the Adz
Jace says:
▪ Because of its missiles, perhaps.
Adam says:
▪ No.
▪ The Adz...
▪ states...
Jace says:
▪ Oh right, quad lasers.
Adam says:
▪ Quad laser cannons have a 75 km range
▪ the ion cannons have 50 km range
Jace says:
▪ Oh interesting.
▪ Well the Adz would never be far behind the Skylance in any event.
Adam says:
▪ The Skylance though is armed with double turbolaser cannons
▪ So easy enough to put shields 75% aft and blow everything at the Adz
Jace says:
▪ Oh I don't know.
▪ I think its shields would be in much worse shape.
▪ Oh, you mean in terms of directing power?
Adam says:
▪ Yeah
▪ Incidentally
▪ We did forget something
▪ Regarding the Windfall and Dinty Moore
▪ That could come into play now, or prior
Jace says:
▪ What's up?
Adam says:
▪ Six Razor fighters carrying 8 concussion missiles each
Jace says:
▪ Oh, indeed. I forgot that.
▪ They went after the Dinty Moore and Windfall.
Adam says:
▪ That had been behind the Windfall and Dinty Moore
▪ Yeah
▪ So even if the Dinty Moore Ran
▪ *ran
▪ Those six, or whatever were left, would have helped against the Windfall, and that's a lot of warheads against one damaged ship
Jace says:
▪ Oh I agree, the Windfall is fucked.
Adam says:
▪ Which, in turn, could mean the Skylance would be less damaged and say, even if three Razors remained, they could harass the Adz.
▪ To some small extent.
Jace says:
▪ The quad lasers would be rather effective against them, however.
Adam says:
▪ True. Not meant to be a permanant distraction
Jace says:
▪ Let me check the firepower on the Kaloths, too..
▪ But you're right, the Skylance could get a lead on the Adz.
Adam says:
▪ Already there
▪ 4 turbolaser batteries
▪ 4 pdf laser cannons
▪ 2 tractor beams
Jace says:
▪ Yeah, I thought they had PDFs.
▪ That would also be rough on the Razors.
Adam says:
▪ Like I said, the Razors aren't meant to last long
Jace says:
▪ But I agree if the Razors are willing to go down in a blaze there, it would hold up the Adz long enough for the Skylance to move out of range.
Adam says:
▪ That's fine there
Jace says:
▪ Okay.
Adam says:
▪ So are any of the ships passing close to the yacht?
Jace says:
▪ In that case, the Adz would probably take its time, form up with the Kaloths, and then the three of them would move to engage.
▪ The yacht at this point I assume has been disabled and tossed aside.
Adam says:
▪ Alright.
Jace says:
▪ Or one of the Kaloth's is latched onto it, probably.
Adam says:
▪ If any ships get close enough, or at the end if it is getting tractored in
▪ It'd pull an Alpha 2.
▪ And try to take out said closest ship
Jace says:
▪ What is that, like a self destruct?
Adam says:
▪ Pretty much what you did. lol
▪ with the patrol boat
Jace says:
▪ Oh I see.
▪ That was fun.
▪ lol.
Adam says:
▪ lol
Jace says:
▪ Okay, that would take time though.
Adam says:
▪ So, the Disincentive
Jace says:
▪ Let's get to the fighters, first, since they'd be joining the battle now.
Adam says:
▪ Ok
Jace says:
▪ They'd probably offer to help the Adz, the Adz would say it's got this under control, so the fighters would probably go in pursuit of the Krakens.
▪ Now that they've seen what kind of weaponry it has.
▪ Thesh would probably be adamant they need to be destroyed.
Adam says:
▪ No doubt
Jace says:
▪ So a dogfight near the edge of the battle?
Adam says:
▪ Far from it.
Jace says:
▪ Far from the battle, you mean?
▪ Or far from a dogfight?
Adam says:
▪ Thesh's fighters are going to have to come in close.
Jace says:
▪ Oh indeed.
▪ They'd do the same tactic they did before.
Adam says:
▪ Which means braving the quad laser turrets on the Fat Boy that aren't firing at the Discril
Jace says:
▪ Splitting up to make as many targets as possible, and pecking at the Krakens one at a time.
▪ Oh, but the Krakens gunned it for empty space?
Adam says:
▪ Nah, just empty as in the sense that they wouldn't be caught in the blast radius
▪ Then they'd come back for the Discril
Jace says:
▪ Oh, in that case they won't go near the Fat Boy.
Adam says:
▪ which would be fired upon by the Swift and the Fat Boy.
Jace says:
▪ If the Krakens are flying defense then Thesh's fighters would probably group up with the Adz and the Kaloths.
Adam says:
▪ More likely plan
Jace says:
▪ And the Discril, now that it's facing so much firepower, would probably be worried about the Swift after it saw that it did to the Grihm'tok, along with the Krakens.
▪ But, hang on..
▪ Yeah, okay, looking at the Discril's armament. It would feel pretty good against the Krakens, but not against the Swift.
Adam says:
▪ Which still has 2 torps left
Jace says:
▪ So I'm thinking it would slow down and make sure the Fat Boy stays between it and the Swift, and the Skylance for that matter.
▪ But remain close so the Fat Boy can't bring all its weapons to bear.
▪ It'd probably hang in close and pound the nearest turrets on the Fat Boy that pose a danger.
▪ I'm also thinking the Fat Boy's shields should be critical at this point.
Adam says:
▪ If it is slowing down, then the Fat Boy and the Swift can hit is equally well.
Jace says:
▪ Hull damage seems logical.
Adam says:
▪ Especially the Swift.
▪ Yeah, probably venting some atmosphere.
Jace says:
▪ It can, except that it would take pains to keep the Fat Boy between it.
▪ So the Swift doesn't have a clear line of sight.
Adam says:
▪ Except the Discril is larger and less maneuverable
Jace says:
▪ Not larger than a bulk cruiser, surely?
Adam says:
▪ It's 85 meters
▪ The Swift is 52 and far more maneuverable
▪ It could follow and shoot relativelyy easily.
▪ *relatively
Jace says:
▪ Okay, so that takes me to my next point.
▪ If the Swift -does- try to circumnavigate the Fat Boy so it has a line of sight on the Discril, the Discril would probably use the opportunity to make a break for the Adz and the Kaloths.
Adam says:
▪ Actually, question
Jace says:
▪ Braving the fire of the DP-20 in the process.
▪ Okay.
Adam says:
▪ would the Discril pass across the front of the Fat Boy at all?
Jace says:
▪ No.
Adam says:
▪ Pass anywhere near the front?
Jace says:
▪ Not if it can help it, no.
Adam says:
▪ What is the firing arc on a tractor beam?
Jace says:
▪ Depends how it's situated.
▪ It's line of sight though, of course.
Adam says:
▪ Cause it says the bulk cruiser has two forward beam projectors
▪ but it never says where or how.
Jace says:
▪ If that's all we know, I think we have to assume forward refers to being only used forward.
Adam says:
▪ So assuming the Fat Boy is maneuvering, cause it makes no sense to stay still, is it possible it could get a tractor lock on the Discril?
Jace says:
▪ I don't think the Discril would go anywhere near the front.
▪ I mean, that wasn't the plan anyway.
▪ Or the Grihm'tok, but of course that's gone so that doesn't matter.
Adam says:
▪ Alright, so if the Discril breaks for safety, it has the Swift pounding its rear and engines and then the Skylance giving it everything but warheads from the front
Jace says:
▪ I'm assuming it could give the Swift the slip, so to speak.
▪ Even if it is outmatched in maneuverability.
▪ The Skylance would be the problem.
Adam says:
▪ Which still leaves it damaged and heading into the teeth of a gunship
Jace says:
▪ Well, somewhat damaged.
▪ It didn't take any missile hits, and the Krakens haven't apparently engaged it yet.
Adam says:
▪ True.
Jace says:
▪ And the Fat Boy would only have had limited success trying to hit it at close range.
Adam says:
▪ True
Jace says:
▪ Especially with its turrets having been pounded.
▪ So I'm thinking the Discril would still be in reasonably good shape.
▪ Could probably at least survive brushing past the Skylance.
Adam says:
▪ Indeed. So, say... 8 concussion missiles and then everything else the Skylance has

(( continued ))

Milo "Loose" Gannon
Captain of the Desdemona

Message edited by Milo_Gannon - Monday, 13 Sep 2010, 8:37 PM

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Roon (Basing Operations)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz