MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
4:26 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Questions for the Chairman of the Defense Committee
Questions for the Chairman of the Defense Committee
Simon_LeviDate: Sunday, 22 Feb 2009, 11:24 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Chairman, I repose the following questions to you.

If Dantooine is not safe from conventional assault, why has the Chief of State not stationed sufficient forces/ petitioned the Senate for funds earlier. Equally if they are needed to defend against conventional attack, why did the Senator of Dantooine not propose them sooner rather than wait to be shaken out of a malaise of inaction by a brutal terrorist assault on his world? Why have you not helped Republic citizens defend themselves sooner?

Onto another matter, I quote the recent Dantooine recovery bill debate. 'And to answer your question, I believe it will, with a combination of the Starfighter wing on Dantooine from both the IMC and the New Republic, with the aid of the weapon platform, I believe the citizens can sleep soundly at night. That is all the planetary defenses Dantooine has at the moment, and we require the Golan to atleast hold our own till a New Republic fleet is able to assist us.'.

Having watched the recordings of the battle, and reading the reports, was the 'PDS Justice' hit by a planetary turbolaser blast? This being the case, does it not prove your above statements to be a simple lie? Senators, it can be seen here that the Chairman of the Defense Committee is telling an open lie to the full chamber of the Senate? Surely this is not the behaviour we have the right to expect from our officials.

Senators, Dantooine, for all its exports, simply a minor world on the galactic stage, the smallest cities on Neimoidia or Corellia have a vastly larger population than it does. And still the Chairman of the Defense committee insists on time and again using his position to divert more military resources to Dantooine. Is this an efficient use of the New Republic's funds? Having studied the matter, it would seem not, and I believe many in the Core media and population at large would agree with me on this.

Furthermore I would charge that the Senator of Dantooine has simply used his position on his committee to divert more and more military resources and money to Dantooine to the extent of ignoring the defense needs of the New Republic at large. If this is not the case, please discuss 3 of your major achievements aside from militarising Dantooine? With your considerable tenure, one would assume they are manifold? While Dantooine does have needs, its Senator has abused his power in putting those needs above the needs of the countless billions in the New Republic.

Moff of the Tammuz Sector

Exar_RayDate: Sunday, 22 Feb 2009, 11:50 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Awards: 0
Useless obligations by the Senator of Neimoidia to further insist that Neimoidia is a gold mine, and an attempt to remove me from office so that way, Neimoidia can itself gather defenses for it's factories and population that the Senator himself appears insulted by, because a New Republic world by the dashing name of Dantooine, sits all the way close to an Imperial fortress world, and has little to no defenses. I would like to remind the people and the Senate that Dantooine is a farmer world. Granted we have assisted New Republic aid for defense, but that does not mean I have changed the lives of the people for nothing. Apparently I am on corruption charges, well as my right, I can defend myself and I will refuse to step down unless called for by the Chief of State.

To answer your question Senator, if you had listened to what I had said before, do not blame me for petitioning the request earlier instead blame your collegues that spend their time gaggeling with themselves and not choicing to voice themselves with a vote of either yes or no. That is not my fault and since we are not an Empire, no one is forced into voting. Easier yes, but then where is the freedom? And I am sorry you are so mis-informed Senator, however the Chief of State and myself have had many meetings where the issue of defense was brought up. And within 4 hours of talks, had we a bill that was present on the table, but then what happened Senator? It attracted little to no attention.

If you are to quite me Senator, do it in a correct fasion. It is no secret that we have planetary defense, but tell me, what does 1 Turbolaser, placed at an un-disclosed location, have over an Imperial fleet? I was not incorrect when I said that Dantooine has hardly any defense. I again apologize to you, for not being able to review the old logs were are clearly listed in the archieves (AGW Senate Board at the MSN place... if it still is around.) So I refuse to believe that I have 'lied' about anything, because I have remained honest and open.

Amd how dare you claim that I use scare tactics to gain more funding. I am a man of the people and voice of the people. The people vote and decide, and I simply enforce them. I will discuss my major achievements with you. And here they are:

-Improved crop production by atleast 2%
-Improved education by 3%
-Preserved wildlife for the endangered.

Militarising Dantooine is not, and will not be part of my agenda. Dantooine is a peaceful planet and will remain such. We are too small to consider militarising, because our economy can not substain it. So do not go on record with calling me a lier, Senator. I will stand by my actions, and if I am found guilty, then I will be held by them.

Exar Ray
Senatr of Dantooine

DannilBoVarDate: Sunday, 22 Feb 2009, 12:17 PM | Message # 3
Major
"Esteemed Senators and Representatives, I regret that I have been away from Galactic affairs this long. Following the debacle that was orchestrated by the InterGalactic Mining Core; the Board has decided to issue a statement reaffirming our longstanding loyalty and affiliation with the current administration and it's doctrines and policies.

However, to the subject at hand. Senator Ray of Dantooine, I believe for clarification purposes that Senator Kruus of Neimoidia was referring to mandates and policies that were put into effect during your tenure on the Defense Council. That is to say, what legislation has been passed by you or sponsored by you that adheres to your mandate as Chairman of the Defense Council. The InterGalactic Mining Core will not stipulate nor condemn any individual under the charges labeled here today; though of course the IMC is similarly curious as to the rebuttle. Mr. Ray, if you would be so kind as to humor the InterGalactic Mining Cores curiosity and answer the question to which I have just clarified. I have no doubt you have done great things as the Chairman of the Defense Council."

-----------
Dannil Bo'Var
Representative
InterGalactic Mining Core and Subsidiaries

Message edited by DannilBoVar - Sunday, 22 Feb 2009, 12:19 PM

Exar_RayDate: Sunday, 22 Feb 2009, 12:47 PM | Message # 4
Major general
If clarification is what is needed, then I will be more then happy to list what I have done as Defense Chairman:

1. Allowed corporations such as the IMC to aid those planets in need of arms. I have stood by this numerous times when planets were in crisis. Goes with the Chief of State's policy of finding defence contractors before applying to the government for help with defense.

2. Attempted to start negotiations with Kuat concerning contracts for producing starships for the New Republic fleet, however was un-effective due to lack of interest.

3. Cut through the red tape to complete the retrofit of a fleet harbored at Anaxis, even with the lack of involvement and aid of New Republic admirality. Managed to complete this in half the time and cost effective as well.

4. Championed the sale of surplus Republic military equipment to planetary defense forces, when finding a defense contractor was declared impossible.

Exar Ray
Senator of Dantooine

Simon_LeviDate: Sunday, 22 Feb 2009, 9:13 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Awards: 3
Senator, hundreds of worlds sit close to Imperial Fortress worlds, hundreds, and still none have recieved so much senate time nor money as Dantooine has, surely this can at best be regarded as favoritism, and at worst corruption and discrimination? You are not on corruption charges as yet Senator, but I am reliably informed a charge of Perjury may well soon be brought to the fore in the New Republic Senate.

I will ignore the criticism of my voting record on this issue, I have attended the Senate for only a short time and still I have voted more than the Average Senator in this chamber. As for further Dantooine bills, allow me to quote you verbatum "Dantooine... can once again breathe easy", this was after the last bill you passed in this chamber to give resources to Dantooine to strengthen its defenses. Is it not true Senator, that your Citizens were sleeping easy, when your secure defenses were breached, and many were actively killed when you had told them they were absolutely safe? What makes it truly ironic is you have just said this after this bill... What makes you think the people of Dantooine should trust you gain?

No less than 3 bills have been brought under this Senate in the last year or so for Dantooine, and after each you have again restated Dantooine is safe, and come back cap in hand for more.

Senator, the fact is not that those turbolasers would have made a difference in my vote on the recent bill is irrelevant. One planetary turbolaser, or one blaster, what difference does it make? You lied about what Dantooines defenses were to the New Republic Senate, you told a simple lie in order to coerce the Senate into giving your world money. This is Perjury Senator, and this is where you lost your Integrity, what does it matter one turbolaser? Or two or ten? What matters is that you have lied to myself, to the Chief of State, to the Senate and to the Galaxy as a whole. You have ashamed and failed your people, and what is worse I believe you may be lying more about the defenses, once a liar, always a liar. I call upon New Republic Intelligence for a full disclosure of Dantooine's surface-orbital weaponary to all Senators in the Public interest, so that we an see if the Senator has again lied.

*Here Kruus inserted two clips of Senator Ray speaking*

"And to answer your question, I believe it will, with a combination of the Starfighter wing on Dantooine from both the IMC and the New Republic, with the aid of the weapon platform, I believe the citizens can sleep soundly at night. That is all the planetary defenses Dantooine has at the moment, and we require the Golan to atleast hold our own till a New Republic fleet is able to assist us."

"It is no secret that we have planetary defense, but tell me, what does 1 Turbolaser, placed at an un-disclosed location, have over an Imperial fleet"

I will not discuss your actual achievements on Dantooine, I consider them to likely be considerable if you take into account the amount of Senate time you have had devoted to it, a world of less than 0.4 million sentients, not to mention money etc, the only way you have done the people of Dantooine wrong, as you have every Citizen of this great Republic is lying to them and to their representatives.

I do go on record calling you a liar Senator, and if you believe it is not true, I suggest you bring a case to the courts against me for defamation.

I would agree with Senator BoVar in adding my support for the current administration, however in this case a major error in Judgement has been made by a specific member of it, and as such I am calling it. I am not about to tar all of the Administration with the same critical brush.

I feel it condescending to say you have allowed the IMC to help planets arm themselves, they are legitimate sovereign worlds and as such a chartered Corporation naturally has the right to sell their armed forces arms. As such you have had little to no role in this.

The Kuat negotions were by your own admission a failiure.

I am not familiar with the Anaxes matter, perhaps the wider Senate could illuminate me on this issue in order to enligten me, but I do feel the fact your criticise the Admiralty you are designated in your role to work with, and designated to cooperate with indicates a failing in itself.

As for championing the Sale of New Republic surplus equiptment, I would be intrigued to see an example of this as set down in legislation?

Moff of the Tammuz Sector

Message edited by Senator_Kruus - Sunday, 22 Feb 2009, 10:18 PM

Eli_FitzgeraldDate: Monday, 23 Feb 2009, 0:01 AM | Message # 6
Major general
Awards: 1
If it will satisfy the Senate, I have made a brief statement on this matter which I refer you to here. I would only add, in Senator Ray's defense, that I do not believe this is a matter of perjury as Senator Kruus has suggested. Senator Ray is not under oath, and if he misled the Senate either intentionally or not, it would not be a crime and so would not be referred to the courts. Nor is this a court; Senator Ray is not on trial, and I would remind the Senator from Neimoidia to keep a respectful tone.

Eli Fitzgerald
Chief of State

Eli Fitzgerald
Senator of Ralltiir (10 BBY—Present)

"I was elected to do some flamethrowing in the Senate. To a light a fire under those Senators and make it hot for them."

Message edited by Airstrike_Fitzgerald - Monday, 23 Feb 2009, 7:22 PM

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Questions for the Chairman of the Defense Committee
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz