MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
6:57 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Walk down Memory Lane
Walk down Memory Lane
Jack_BurnmanDate: Monday, 05 Jul 2010, 0:16 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
[-Coruscant-]
[-En route to meeting spot-]

"Man, what a life I have been living these past couple of months." Jack commented, looking at himself in the mirror. The reflection that reflected back was a middle aged man, with black hair and a somewhat pale skin. His clothing were always the same; a teal shirt with the emblem of the former CorSec badge he used to work for. His tactical pants along with a utility belt to hold it up on his waste. But the most important, was his shoes that were also combat boots as well... a little gift he 'gained' after his departure from CorSec. However, Jack stared at himself and rubbed the back of his head. "No action... just bouncing from one security job to another..." It was true that Jack had somewhat of a discipline problem with these jobs, but it was part of his personality... he couldn't help it. Hell, he couldn't help the fact that he ate ribs and still remained a strong 190 lbs. But coming from a man that sometimes works out and spends his time on the couch... it was time for a change. Moving away from the mirror, he walked over to his faded and halfway broken table and picked up the directions to the CSF Staff and Social Club. Jack had heard of this place a few times, but never actually was allowed. Granted there was that one time he managed to step in for 5 seconds... before taking a little bumpy ride out the way he came in. Frowning a little, Jack sighed. "I better get a move on if I want to make it to this place... I wanted to try that new rib place..." Collecting his blaster pistol and his vibro blade, he holstered the pistol on the drop leg holster on his leg and sheathed the blade on his back. Once again he stepped in front of the mirror and just looked at himself. The sight brought back some memories of the good times.... however those were few and far between now. "Here goes nothing..." Sighed the former CorSec detective and proceeded towards the door. As he shut it and locked it, he proceeded down the steps of his rundown apartment. Passing by a few of the fellow tenant rooms, the daily sound of drug deals, couples, crying kids, and his favor... the sound of peace and quiet. However he knew in the back of his mind that in the middle of the room, the person laid dead. Stepping outside, he placed on his sunglasses and proceeded walking.

Memories of his past begun to flow into his mind as he walked. "It just seemed like yesterday." He muttered, walking past a couple of beggars, always either wanting money, alcohol, or drugs from Jack. Regardless, he always ignored them and this time even though they asked him, he didn't seem to hear their please for pleasure this time around, which was good. Stopping at a crosswalk, he looked both ways and begun to cross the road. As he reached the other side, Jack looked up and noticed the place where Garik had told the young rookie to meet up. "Here comes the rookie..." Jack muttered. No matter how old Jack was, that nickname always stuck by him... that and the fact that Garik hated Jack's first name... always calling him either 'Burnman' or 'Rookie'. But it was alright, he liked his first name... even if it did sound plain. As he approached the front of the club, Jack walked up to the official standing outside. "Hello there good sir!" Jack said with a big smile on his face, pulling a picture of Garik out of his pocket. "I believe I am expected... my name is Jack Burnman, and I am here to meet this man, Garik Taynor... inside your fine club please!" The official looked at Jack like he was retarded, glancing down at the picture then back at Jack. "Can I see some ID?" As Jack shuffled in his pockets, he pulled out his old T&S Badge. Handing it to the official, he took a look at it. "You know this is expired, right?" Jack frowned... "The only other thing I have, is my federal permit that allows me to carry." Again shuffling, he held it to the official who looked at it. "Ok, I will be back." He handed Jack back the expired and the weapons permit and step aside for a little. As he placed both in his pockets, the official came back.

"Alright Burnman, you're all set, table 4n." Filled with pride, he walked in cockily. For once, he didn't have to worry about being discovered. He took a moment to take in the surroundings and of course, take notice of any escape routes incase of a fire or a gunfight. Walking deeper into the establishment, he found his table and took a seat. Noticing the reserved notice on the table, he leaned back in his chair and since Garik was paying, he flagged down a waiter. "A glass of your finest Iced Tea please!"

Mmmmmm... ribs....

Garik_TaynorDate: Wednesday, 07 Jul 2010, 10:34 AM | Message # 2
Sergeant
There were many bars, pubs, and cantinas in the galaxy whose patrons wore blasters and blades without a second thought. Too many, or, at least, too many to count. There weren't many, however, whose patrons had an excuse to do so—in this case, a badge. Police were everywhere in the Coruscant Security Force's Staff and Social Club. But of course, that was the idea. Men, women, and beings of various species congregated around the bar and the gaming tables, some in uniform and others not. Almost all had a mug or bottle of beer, and a smile. Keeping the peace on was a tough job on this planet, and Coruscant's finest deserved a place for some rest and relaxation and, of course, a good brew. The beer selection was good, but the service was nothing special; a few droids acting as bartender and servers. The walls boasted a number of holoscreens that showed sporting events on Coruscant and elsewhere in the galaxy. But the thing that first grabbed one's attention was the massive hawk-bat that hung on wires from the ceiling in the center of the room. With its three meter wingspan and vicious teeth, it looked dangerous even in death. Alas, someone on the force had shot the thing on assignment a few years back, preserved it, and donated it to the club.

One of the turbolifts hissed open, and Garik stepped out. He parted ways with another officer he'd been speaking with on his way down from his office, then glanced about the room, found Burnman, nodded, and made his way to the table. He wore the trousers of his uniform, with a simple white shirt with its sleeves rolled up. He was an older man with hardened features, who was getting too old for his job. He knew he'd have to retire eventually, because of his age or else his well known love of liquor. But even then, he had a feeling he wouldn't be out of law enforcement. Not entirely. Maybe he'd partner up with a colleague or two and start his own private investigation business some day. Yeah, some day.

"How's it going, Burnman?" Garik said to him as he pulled a seat from the table. He glanced to the bar and raised a finger. The droid noticed him and prepared his usual drink. Garik sat down. "It's been awhile," he said. And indeed it had. Garik was from Corellia, and he'd spent some time in Corellian Security, or CorSec, before moving to Coruscant. He'd known Jack's parents, and known Jack, too, when he was much younger. He'd been in contact with him, but hadn't seen him for some time. "What brings you to Coruscant?" he asked, "You living here now?"

Lieutenant Garik Taynor
Coruscant Security Force
Homicide, Larceny, Special Cases

Jack_BurnmanDate: Thursday, 08 Jul 2010, 7:07 AM | Message # 3
Private
[-Coruscant-]
[-The meeting spot-]

Jack sat there as the iced tea approached him. As soon as the glass landed on the table, Jack's hand was quick to recover the glass in which the liquid was in. Bringing it up to his mouth, he begun to drink from it. As he finished his fill, he placed the glass down on the table. "Ahhhhh!" Burnman recited as he leaned back in the chair. Looking around, he watched for Garik. However his dream of meeting his old friend would soon be reality. Just as he looked up from his wristwatch, there was the old man that Jack had respected as the T&S rookie. Sure Garik garnished some of his wages to pay for the electric bill, and sure a few cans of Spam wasn't so bad, but it would of been nice to get the whole thing! As he approached, Jack rose and shook Garik's hand. "It's been a while, old timer." As he sat down and watched the droid being motioned over, Jack nodded his head. "I was hoping we could talk a little..." A hint of disapointment within Jack's voice. It was known that he had pride in himself and he never let anything bug him, but times have changed and he didn't have the young energy he once had. "I am living here now yes... I decided to settle down now... and try to find a steady job..." He raised his eyes up to Garik. "Things arn't like they were when T&S was around; or when I was employed there... things have changed..." Lowering his head a little. "Which is why I keep getting fired..." He muttered.

His left hand slipped into his pocket and he pulled out his old T&S badge and placed it in the center. "I need a job, Garik... and you're the only one who I know will help me out here..." His whole head this time raised and stared at him. "Can you help me out?"

Mmmmmm... ribs....

Jack_BurnmanDate: Saturday, 17 Jul 2010, 8:07 AM | Message # 4
Private
"It is never too early for hard liquor." Burnman repeated as he smiled a little. It was true that Gavrisom wasn't exactly a patriot to the people, but since Jack's been out of work, he really hasn't given a care for any of the new policies. As he listened to Garik speak, he nodded his head. "I guess it's better then nothing..." He slid his old badge to Garik. "Take it, hopefully it serves as a good luck charm... though I'm sure you have yours anyways." Taking a final chug, he looked around then back to him. "I'll take whatever I can get, and just work my way up so that way I have somewhat of a secure job... if there is one these days." He wondered when, not if, but when Coruscant would be overrun by criminals again. Jack expected it. Politics always dictate the course of action, however to Jack, which is how he managed to get laid off at CorSec, was that he took no crap from any rank or civilian. It was this attribute that made him what he believed to be the best, however time rotates ahead and skills no doubt diminish on their own, but it was easy to pick up something and be proficient at it again.

Looking at Garik, he nodded. "Where do I sign?" Fire burned within the rookie's eyes.

Mmmmmm... ribs....

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Walk down Memory Lane
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz