MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
4:06 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Regarding Accusations Against Senator Ray (Public Statement)
Regarding Accusations Against Senator Ray
Eli_FitzgeraldDate: Sunday, 22 Feb 2009, 11:51 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Senate Rotunda
Coruscant
Office of the Chief of State

Public Statement
Subject: Regarding Accusations Against Senator Ray

I have been disappointed to hear today's allegations of impropriety against Senator Exar Ray, one of the most well regarded members of the Senate. The accusations are severe, but let it be said that the Senator has always acted in the best interest of his people, and his responsibilities as Chairman of the Council on the Common Defense, and I believe that he will continue to do so in the coming days as we learn more about the situation. Whether or not the accusations are true is a matter that I will leave to the Senate to determine, and my office (and presumably Senator Ray's as well) will cooperate with any inquiries that are made.

Since the allegations seem to involve the number and extent of defensive armament on the planet Dantooine, the New Republic will disclose the existence on Dantooine of a total of 2 planetary turbolasers and 1 planetary ion cannon (in addition to the other armaments, starfighters and equipment already discussed). While the existence of these weapons has been heretofore confidential, the Senate did unanimously approve the funds for their construction on 19 December 2007; therefore, regardless of the current accusations against Senator Ray, there can be no doubt that the planetary armaments in question were indeed approved and constructed legally, and there has been no misconduct in that respect.

Eli Fitzgerald
Chief of State

Eli Fitzgerald
Senator of Ralltiir (10 BBY—Present)

"I was elected to do some flamethrowing in the Senate. To a light a fire under those Senators and make it hot for them."

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Regarding Accusations Against Senator Ray (Public Statement)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz