MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
5:54 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » The Ljaa bal kote's introduction (The start of Anubis' shot at honor and glory.)
The Ljaa bal kote's introduction
Kenas AnnigDate: Tuesday, 27 Jul 2010, 6:24 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
He waited a moment before speaking, letting the young man get his words in. He held his gaze on the armored warrior and spoke. "You must understand that I must locate my ship. It is extremely important. I don't mind travelling with someone. If you give me the credits, I'll reimburse you as soon as I am able."

Kenas wouldn't feel right taking Anubis away from his Resistance. He could handle finding his ship, once he activated the homing beacon. Once that was accomplished, Kenas could begin seeing to missions assigned to him by the boss. Until then, he needed to get his affairs in order.

Good judgement comes from bad experience, a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Major_RothDate: Tuesday, 27 Jul 2010, 10:12 PM | Message # 17
Private
Roth couldn't quite discern all of the conversation between Annig and the Mandalorian as he walked away from them, but what he did manage to hear caused a frown to crease his features. If Kenas hitched a ride with Lieutenant Antilles on the way to Raxus Prime, it would immensely complicate the mission that Roth, too, intended to undertake on that planet. On the other hand, Roth was one of the few resistance fighters here who did have his own ship. Needless to say, if Kenas wanted a ride with him that would doubly complicate his mission to Raxus Prime. Roth's frown disappeared, however, when the Mandalorian offered to give Annig a ride himself—the absense of the leader of the resistance would be a golden opportunity for Roth to cause all kinds of mischief.

But just as quickly as Roth had entertained the idea, it was gone again as Annig declined the Mandalorian's offer. Oh well, Roth was busy enough as it was. The two men's conversation began to fade into the thrum of the room, except, that is, for the breathless interjection of Seamus Lacora. Most people in the room probably heard it.

Lim Hejin. The Major resisted the temptation to shake his head. The Mandalorian would never put in with Hejin, or, at least, not if he was smart. The enigmatic Hejin and his Ebon Fist mercenaries had been quietly bringing in credits for themselves on varied jobs, but they'd also been amassing a reputation among other mercenaries, pirates, and smugglers. It was not a good reputation. According to the reports Roth had seen, Lim Hejin had once been widely respected by his peers, but recently he'd been behaving like a salaried man and leading the Ebon Fist on strange errands. Not to mention, his operation was moderately profitable and this, inevitably, caused some resentment—especially when the Ebon Fist moved into what pirates and mercenaries considered "neutral ground," like the planet Roon. The more they threw their weight around at Roon, the more they were resented for it.

The result was that Hejin, for reasons unknown, seemed to have spent the trust and admiration of his peers and marginalized himself from them. Rumor had it the man intended to make Ebon Fist into a legitimate company, and if that was the case then Hejin probably didn't care what other mercenaries and pirates thought. But the fact remained that among resistance fighters like those in the Ljaa bal Kote, the word on the street was that Hejin was not to be trusted. Seamus Lacora must have been out of the loop for awhile. Then again, Roth, as an Imperial Intelligence agent, was more in the loop than most people were. It was his business.

But Roth had other concerns. He was presently engaged in a conversation with one of the pilots. The art of extracting information from someone is to get them to volunteer the information, rather than simply demand it of them. It had been fairly simple to do so with the pilot. "I get the feeling a lot of people here don't like me," Roth lamented to the pilot, "Because I used to work for the Empire, I assume."

"Yeah," the pilot said sympathetically, "Well, some people more than others."

"Like Dustil Sushere?" Roth asked, "He seemed to take a dislike to me."

"Especially Dustil Sushere."

"Why 'especially'?"

"Don't you know?" the pilot said, lowering his voice. And that was all it took to get the story of Sushere's imprisonment and torture. Roth already knew it, of course. But Saege didn't, and he couldn't refer to information that an Imperial Intelligence agent would know but an innocent defector turned resistance fighter wouldn't. Problem solved. Now to put it to use. Roth excused himself from the pilot as their conversation wore down, and meandered his way in the Mandalorian's general direction once again, stopping for introductions and conversation along the way. He wouldn't approach Anubis yet, however, opting instead to stay near him and wait for the opportune moment.

Major Daring Roth
Imperial Intelligence

Message edited by Major_Roth - Tuesday, 27 Jul 2010, 10:17 PM

Anubis_XerxesDate: Friday, 06 Aug 2010, 7:29 PM | Message # 18
Lieutenant colonel
After some time of Seamus not being able to answer his question, the Mando'ade warrior would simply look at the man through the T-visor. "Take it up with the Susheres. They're the one with the pirate network. If they checks out, then I'll think about it." Of course Anubis wasn't that serious about negotiating with Lim Hejin. It was for completely different reasons than the other members of the Resistance that would probably tell him about the man. Anubis prefer to do deals with people he knows, or people that he trusts knows. If there was even one doubt among the Resistance members about Lim Hejin, the Mando'ade will not proceed to propose a deal. Anubis highly values trust, and he isn't going to let the Resistance be split apart because of trust issues.

The leader then shifted his focus toward the former Jetiise, speaking in a usual firm tone. "Alright, I will lend you some money. But you got to get back here ASAP, Mr. Annig. I have a mission for you." Anubis would look at Kenas for a moment there before speaking up once again, "Credits are inside my office." The Mando'ade would start to walk once again, heading for his office to retrieve money for the former Jetiise.

~Anubis Xerxes
The Empire's worst nightmare

Kenas AnnigDate: Sunday, 08 Aug 2010, 2:23 AM | Message # 19
Lieutenant
"Thank you, very much. And a mission?" he asked. He felt a tickle of excitement. This was all good news and he couldn't help but smile. There was no doubt that during the flight to the Morobe System he would grow anxious and distracted by not knowing the details of the mission. "I definitely want the details now, I'll go over them during transit. This little affair should not take too long."

Finding his spaceship was paramount. It was very likely that many of his goods onboard were gone. That was upsetting, but anticipated. They were basic supplies for extended periods in isolation, including his munitions and a lightsaber. Some goods were definitely very valuable, those he hadn't stashed into one of his many hidden caches. That included a Force imbued "artifact" which he hoped seemed ordinary enough to be overlooked.

The theft of the Intrepid was unacceptable and he felt to do nothing would bring pain and suffering to some, if not many. Kenas kept in step with Anubis and would remain at his side. As they walked, he began to think about how that situation had gotten away from him. It bothered him that though he could see, he often felt so blind. He didn't quite understand, but the Force was with him. Perhaps spending his time in mediation would ease his concerns better than contemplating on his first mission. Regardless, he still wanted a data file to bring with him.

Good judgement comes from bad experience, a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Anubis_XerxesDate: Sunday, 08 Aug 2010, 4:48 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant colonel
Anubis got into the office, one that looked almost empty. The only thing inside the office were a voice-activated safe and a desk. "I don't do decorations. I like the office this way. Simple." The Mando'ade would speak out the pointless comment toward Mr. Annig, but it was one that he had to say should the former Jetiise decided to say something about it. He wasn't going to tell Mr. Annig what was in the safe, but clearly it was for sensitive materials such as mission files and some credits. It had nothing to do with trust, it has more to do with letting important materials fall in wrong hands.

"Anubis Xerxes. Password's Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it." The Mando'ade spoke, and a mechanized beep of confirmation came to life. He proceeded to open the safe, taking some of the credits out of the safe. "Mr. Annig, here." Anubis handed the credits over to the man before he paused, pondering whether to give him a mission file right at the moment or to wait until the former Jetiise comes back with his personal ship. The Mando'ade chuckled lightly the very next moment, "Very well. It's refreshing to still see men eager to take on missions." He proceeded to take the mission file out of the safe and closed it pretty quickly, hearing a mechanical sound as if it was locking itself up. The Mando'ade warrior slowly handed the file over to Mr. Annig. Then he slowly spoke in a firm tone, crossing his arms. "There's a reason why I needed you to recruit a number of people that fights as you do." Anubis was referring to warriors whose wield laserswords. "Because I view you guys as equivalent to an elite fighting unit. If you are not able to recruit, you will have to lead a group of both Mando'ade and Kaleesh warriors. This is a very risky mission, as I am sending you deep behind the enemy lines." The Mando'ade warrior began to walk back and forth, continuing to believe that Mr. Annig is best suited for this task. "The mission's dubbed Operation Windfall. We are doing a favor for the New Republic, though they don't know that. In the file, there's a list and pictures of every rogue Imperial warlord in the galaxy. I am sending you to capture every one of them. For every single one captured, it would be a blow to the Remnant and we would get a lot of money from the New Republic for handing the warlords over to them."

Anubis believed this mission would benefit the Resistance greatly in the long run. The New Republic would have no enemy besides the typical pirates, and the Remnant would not go after the Resistance for capturing the rogue warlords as they aren't really a part of the Remnant. "Start with the least-defended and work your way up. This will help ensure the success of the mission, Mr. Annig."

~Anubis Xerxes

Kenas AnnigDate: Monday, 09 Aug 2010, 6:06 AM | Message # 21
Lieutenant

The emptiness of the room didn't strike him as odd. As long as the man had everything he needed and went on without wanting. His own home was wasn't furnished extravagantly. He had very few possessions, though that was probably because he had no money and most of his things were stolen.

"Simple is good," he said.

Kenas accepted the money and the computer chip from Anubis. Within the safe were more items, data-files which all looked identical. He amused the idea of Anubis giving him the wrong file. While he listened, he gazed at the tiny, but significant object in his hand. If this were true, Kenas could only imagine the pains gone through to get this amount intelligence.

"How very interesting," he said, still marveling at the file. "Everyone one of them, you say? This is quite a list. I think the Remnant would enjoy seeing these people put away as much as the New Republic." He grinned and tucked the file into his inner coat pocket. "I'll put a team together and contact you in a week. I shouldn't require any additional warriors, but you never know, do you? If you must reach me, I left my contact information. Just be careful."

If he couldn't find at least three others in those five days, than he would accept a Mandalorian or Kaleesh warrior. Given the nature of the assignment, either would be well suited. Kenas nodded and walked around the desk, his boots echoed loudly throughout the room. He was ready to departure.

"Was there anything else?" Kenas asked, now closer to the door. He turned and faced Anubis.

Anubis_XerxesDate: Monday, 09 Aug 2010, 6:33 AM | Message # 22
Lieutenant colonel
The Mando'ade would nod lightly toward the former Jetiise, "If you're wondering how much efforts it took into acquiring this information, it was a lot easier than I had originally thought because of our friends over there that used to be in the Republic Intelligence." Anubis was referring to Major Wells. Indeed, a Mand'oade or a Kaleesh warrior would be well-suited to a such mission. If Kenas was unable to assemble a team of Force users, then either warriors would be very eager to meet the challenge. The Mando'ade would have to keep some of the Kaleesh warriors from this mission though. They are needed for the upcoming mission on Kalee, obviously.

"Yes, there is one other thing." The Mando'ade paused for a moment, this would probably make Kenas wonder whether he was going to give him another important mission. "Come back here ASAP, I'd prefer to meet people you would recruit so I can acknowledge them and so that I can formally introduce them into the Resistance. Good luck in finding your ship." Anubis watched Kenas being eager to find his ship, he chuckled lightly inside the helmet. In his experiences with people who commands the Force and wield laserswords, rarely have he seen them so eager. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I'll have some of my brethrens stand by should you fail to find the necessary numbers to fill your team. The Mando'ade warrior knew Kenas would depart right after this, so he decided to sit down on the chair in the empty office and proceeded to have his legs up on the desk. The Mando'ade had figured that the members of the Resistance would be coming up to him to talk to him about new information or potential allies, this happened daily but most of the information acquired weren't all that significant. At least not right away.

~Anubis Xerxes

Major_RothDate: Thursday, 12 Aug 2010, 1:05 AM | Message # 23
Private
Upon seeing Kenas depart the office, Roth excused himself from his conversation with one of the Kaleesh warriors—they had been discussing the fact that only Mandalorians, and no Kaleesh, had been given command roles in this resistance movement—and made his way in that direction. He passed Kenas on the way, smiled, and nodded to him. "Good luck, Mr. Annig," he said, earnestly. A moment later, he would step tentatively into Anubis's office and knock on the open door. "Excuse me, Sir," he said, "I was wondering if I might have a word with you."

Roth glanced around the office, which had the look of an old foreman's office, and noted in particular the safe. His eyes didn't dwell on it long, however, before glancing once more at Anubis. "I have the rest of my weapons stored on Nar Shaddaa," he said, "I figured I would go back there, fill my ship's hold, and bring the weapons back here to Mygeeto. We might as well use all the firepower we can get." He glanced briefly out the door behind him, then back to Anubis and lowered his voice as he continued. "This isn't what I wanted to talk to you about, though," he said.

"One of the men told me that Mr. Sushere, er, Dustil Sushere that is, was imprisoned by the Remnant for nine years, then released," Roth went on, "I don't mean to disparage Mr. Sushere—he's been through a lot, after all. But don't you think it's strange to just be set free after all that time? I've heard stories, Sir, about Imperial interrogations. And brainwashing. I know it's been done even to the best of men, and it just seems odd to me that Mr. Sushere would disappear in an Imperial prison for all those years, suddenly be released, and then find his way straight into our resistance group."

"I hope this isn't inappropriate of me," he said, "It's just something that's troubled me, and I felt like I should tell you, Sir. I'm not saying he's a spy or a saboteur, but maybe we should keep an eye on him? Especially if anything suspicious does happen."

Major Daring Roth
Imperial Intelligence

Anubis_XerxesDate: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 9:41 AM | Message # 24
Lieutenant colonel
There were a reason due to Kaleesh warriors not being given command roles just yet. It was not trust issues, as Anubis had earlier made an impression upon trusting the other Resistance members. It was because he, along with several of his Mando'ade brothers, felt that Kaleesh warriors allowed their emotions to run freely and perhaps too freely. He just didn't want Kaleesh warriors to do anything rash when leading their troops into battle. However, he wouldn't be hesitant to give them command roles once they learn to keep their emotions in check.

The Mando'ade would immediately close the safe up, it was for his eyes only unless a mission were given to a specific individual. Then he proceeded to lock it up, once Saege got himself into his office. Anubis would watch Saege, listening to him speaking. It took him some time of listening before finally given an opportunity to speak to the former Imperial. The Mando'ade warrior would slowly walk up to Saege, proceeding to stand in front of him and looking at him in the eyes behind the T-visor. The major wouldn't be able to see it, but he could sense that Anubis was doing so. "You have my permission to go to Nar Shaddaa. We need as much firepower as possible if we're going to committ to operations that could cripple the Remnant." His tone was very firm, perhaps too firm for Saege's taste.

"As of Mr. Sushere, I've preached Mr. Annig over there on earning the Resistance's trust. Should I be doing the same thing to you, Major?" Anubis' top priority within the Resistance was to prevent trust issues from dividing his men. The Mando'ades revolve around war, and they are more than capable of proving their worthy to each other because of the trust they place in each other. That was Anubis' big concern regarding the Resistance, because not every single one of them are Mando'ade. "What if he wasn't really brainwashed? Even if he was, what could possibly compel Gemmell to brainwash a pirate? Dustil had told me before he joined the Resistance that he was tortured beyond imagination. It would be perfectly natural for someone like him to want to join the Resistance after what the Imperials had done to him. I'm working on trusting the members inside the Resistance, especially toward you,"He had put it bluntly, "and I suggest you do the same."

Anubis would proceed to gesture the former Imperial to get outside of his office, "I suggest you get to Nar Shaddaa and get back here ASAP. We have campaigns to do, Major Saege."

~Anubis Xerxes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » The Ljaa bal kote's introduction (The start of Anubis' shot at honor and glory.)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz