MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
5:09 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » To: Senator Cambrist (Re: Current State of Affairs)
To: Senator Cambrist
Rath-DeschainDate: Saturday, 24 Jul 2010, 9:33 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
The following message was bounced from over two dozen satellites and, with the work of code slicers, would seem to originate from Tatooine, Dantooine and Taris simultaneously.

"Senator Cambrist,

"I contact you in my darkest hour of need. I know you have no great love of force users, which is perhaps why you may be the only true listener I have.

"Because of the tragic events at Baltimn, the media brands me a terrorist. Yet beings such as Senator Kruus and Senator Tiure sit within the Senate who do far worse. Extortion, slavery, gross negligence, warmongery. Tell me, Senator, how can you work alongside such beings without the taste of filth in your mouth?

"I need someone who can speak for me; who can plead my case. I cannot yet turn myself in because any court would simply be a kangaroo court. Any verdict handed down would be preplanned and result in certain death.

"You, Senator, are a voice of reason. Ambassador Stomwell spoke highly of you and as such, I choose to contact you. There are lives at stake on Baltimn and I wish to help to right some of the wrongs."

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 02 Aug 2010, 11:43 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
Awards: 6
To the individual who I am led to assume is Drasek Cale, I am not unsympathetic to your predicament. Baltimn's government was not dissimilar to Brentaal's, and as a man of noble blood I find it discomfiting to witness that government deposed by opportunist communists in a rather short period of time. It is unfortunate that you and Mr. Stomwell did not do more to temper the passions of your people. But as it is, I do not doubt that any trial that is convened against you on Baltimn would not be a fair one.

As a Senator and law abiding citizen of the New Republic and, furthermore, as one who believes in the rule of law without exception, I can only advise you to pursue your options with the Republic itself. Baltimn is not a member world of the Republic, and thus has no recourse for extradition if you are in Republic custody. Whether the Republic can try you, however, for crimes on Baltimn is a matter of legal interpretation that I am not competent to speak on. But I doubt it. If anything, the New Republic may provide you with political asylum if a convincing case is made that you would be persecuted if you returned to Baltimn to face Mr. Ulyanov's notions of "justice." It would appear that this is, indeed, the case.

If you have reason to believe that people are in danger on Baltimn at the present time, I must, of course, advise you to provide any information you have to the proper authorities, such as they are, or to the New Republic envoy at Baltimn. I must advise you, also, that I will be furnishing our correspondence to New Republic Intelligence in compliance with the law.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » To: Senator Cambrist (Re: Current State of Affairs)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz