MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
10:41 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » A Call for New Leadership (Regarding the Corruption Panel)
A Call for New Leadership
LomenRyuunDate: Saturday, 28 Aug 2010, 9:24 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Gentlebeings of the Senate, we have a problem. It may have started out small, perhaps by accident, perhaps not. I cannot say. However, as of this publishing, we are being mocked in ever widening circles, and it may not stop there. If one panel falls by the wayside and fails to complete its assigned duties, which one is next? Can we stand idly by while our government ceases to work from within? No. we correct the problem.

I move that Senator Forte be removed as Chairbeing of the Corruption Panel and that a new Chairman be elected in his place.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Monday, 30 Aug 2010, 7:33 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Awards: 0
Senator Ryuun,

This is something that should not be taken lightly. Senator Forte is not performing his duties as the Chairman of the Corruption Panel, and that is considered to be duty negligence. I have not seen Senator Forts in a lot of sessions here in the Senate, and then he also misses the meetings with several of the Committees of which he is a Chairman of. I apologize for my bluntness, but if the Senator is not following through his duties, then he should not continue his responsibility as the Chairman of the Corruption Panel.

I've said all I've said, I support Senator Ryuun's proposal to have Senator Forte removed as the Chairman and that a new Chairman be elected in his place.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Cul-utaanForteDate: Monday, 30 Aug 2010, 1:27 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
I understand the opposition to myself. I have indeed been absent of late, unfortunately due to various domestic issues that have been taking much of my time back on Ryloth. The Corruption Panel...it has a short history in comparison to the other committees and councils of the Senate. It has some very powerful abilities, and at the same rate, can be completely halted by judicial procedure. That is the unfortunate problem of late. Judiciary conflict as well as lack of cohesion and cooperation have limited the latest efforts. I take full responsibility for this. I have sat as Chair of the Corruption Panel for four years now, since its founding by Chief of State Organa-Solo. I've had a good run, but change is indeed needed. Change is what gives the New Republic life. For better or worse, change is what has kept us going.

I have never claimed any expertise except in the fields of defense and intelligence. While my background has indeed served me well, judiciary experience is needed in this position. Insight and the ability to be diplomatic are also key. I will be the first to admit, these are areas in which I am lacking. I am not the man for the job as I was nine years ago. In this day and age, it is a different kind of corruption we face, and while I will always make myself readily available to the next chair at all times, the Senate is indeed right in that I can not continue to serve as such. It is with a heavy heart, and regret, that I must tender my resignation as both the Chair of the Corruption Panel and the Committee on Monument Preservation and Promotion. I am in a spot in which I must focus my abilities on both the domestic issues at Ryloth, and my role as Senior Member of the Council on Security and Intelligence. I would, if the Senate would allow it, make some recommendations for my replacement. On the Corruption Panel, I believe Senator Cilghal of Dac and the Calamari Sector should take over as Chair. I believe she is the perfect being for the job, and would do the Panel proud and give it the right leadership in this day and age. As for the Committee on Monument Preservation and Promotion, I can think of no one better, no one that cares more for the Republic's history, than Senator Tremaine Fowlkes of Mowgle. He obviously has a good head on his shoulders, and knows what it takes to head up a committee. I hope that the Senate listen to this recommendations, for I believe they can truely perform to our expectations. It may be a challenge at first, but they surely can overcome and adapt to their new roles.

General Cul'utaan'forte
Forte's Legion

Message edited by Cul-utaanForte - Monday, 30 Aug 2010, 1:31 PM

Ponc_GavrisomDate: Monday, 30 Aug 2010, 11:03 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Awards: 3
I believe Senator Forte has made the right decision for the Corruption Panel and the Committee on Monument Preservation and Promotion. This demonstrates, to my satisfaction, that he does care about these causes and is willing to be self sacrificial in their interests. Also, despite our differences on war and peace, I admire the stand he is taking on his homeworld against the ever growing anti-Human and anti-Jedi sentiments there. From what I hear of this unfortunate situation on Ryloth, I can understand how this might require much of his time. I hope now he will be able to concentrate on his other duties, although I do not relish the thought of him concentrating on his opposition to the peace as he has been want to do lately.

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

Message edited by Ponc_Gavrisom - Tuesday, 31 Aug 2010, 0:17 AM

LomenRyuunDate: Thursday, 02 Sep 2010, 1:10 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Respectfully, Senator Forte, and to Senator Cilghal as well, but I do not believe Senator Cilghal may be ready to fill the vacancy left by yourself. Many matters are left unfinished, including your own attempted investigation into my own finances, which, unfortunately, fell into the messy lawsuit that still requires your attention.

The Corruption Panel needs fresh blood. I move that an outsider be placed as Chairman and not a direct current member of the Corruption Panel, at least for a trial period of, say, ninety days.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall

Johannes_OswaldtDate: Thursday, 02 Sep 2010, 6:32 PM | Message # 6
Major general
The Chief of State was too kind to Forte in his words. The Senator's conduct as chair of the Corruption Panel was disgraceful. Disgraceful, I say. I am appalled by his failure to investigate gross financial abuses by certain Senators. If he runs Ryloth the same way he ran the Corruption Panel, it's no wonder that planet is so miserable it's not even fit for Twi'leks to live. And Senator Ryuun, I suppose you want to suggest someone new to take over the Corruption Panel? Someone whose name starts with an "L" perhaps, and ends with an "omen Ryuun"?

Johannes Oswaldt
Senator and Governor of Eriadu

Message edited by Johannes_Oswaldt - Thursday, 02 Sep 2010, 6:34 PM

Mical_de_CrionDate: Thursday, 02 Sep 2010, 6:37 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Awards: 5
I thank Senator Forte for his respectful resignation. Governor Oswaldt, while you are entitled to your opinion, as a fellow Senator, I ask that you maintain a respectful attitude. Senator Ryuun, while I am not a member of the Corruption Panel, of all the public matters the Panel has open still, only one remains. You. I believe Senator Forte temporarily suspended the investigation and hearing so you could take a leave of absence for some sort of personal matter. While you may be unaware, but the position of head of state can be taxing, or in Forte's case, membership on his people's leadership council. I apoligize Cul'utaan, the name of this most esteemed body eludes me at this time.

Unlike yourself, many of us have committments at home as well as to Coruscant, while you sit on Coruscant, doing absolutely nothing towards advancing your world. I can not recall, and please feel free to refresh my memory, a single piece of legislation you have introduced in nine years in relation to your constituency. I can not even think of any legislation at all, with exception to your slightly controversial Spice Regulation Bill, that you have written. Again, you can correct me if I am wrong, but unfortunately I have doubts.

Senator, the Corruption Panel is an important body. That is why Forte is stepping away. That is also why we can not have an outsider placed as Chairman. Someone familiar with the Panel, the role of Chair in relation to the Panel, and someone that knows everything that it currently faces is needed. I in fact give an endorsement for Senator Cilghal for Chair of the Corruption Panel. A "trial" period of an inexperienced Chair is just a waste of time, and not only that, but dare I say, a move that is blatantly an attempt to at least interfere in the investigation of yourself, if not an attempt to move yourself into the Chair to end your own investigation. This will not be allowed, not while I stand in this pod... not while I represent my people of the Tapani Sector... not while I am a citizen of the Republic.

Mical Léo de Crion
Director, All Stars Burn As One Foundation
Chairman, Urban Youth College Fund
Owner, Château Hiver Rivière

LomenRyuunDate: Friday, 03 Sep 2010, 7:32 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Actually, Governor, you are mistaken. The Corruption Panel is nott an item that interests me highly, in the sense that I would be a Chairman. No, my suggestion would have been Senator Fowlkes.

Senator Crion, it is quite obvious that you do not keep tabs on my whereabouts; something I should be thankful for, I suppose. Promise us you won't become a private detective any time soon though. I divide my time between Druckenwell and Coruscant, to be precise. As for not helping my planet? My dear, dear Senator... planetary laws that have no effect o the New Republic are not brought up here. Labor laws, anti-piracy laws and stricter customs laws, many of which I helped write, have been impliented by vote on Druckenwell. You needn't worry about my world.

As I mentioned to the Governor, I have neither wish nor inclination to chair the Corruption Panel. I still insist their investigation into myself is a farce. Months have passed and they have nothing to show.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » A Call for New Leadership (Regarding the Corruption Panel)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz