MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Thursday
3:51 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » The Chief of State Limitation Bill
The Chief of State Limitation Bill
Mical_de_CrionDate: Sunday, 29 Aug 2010, 7:54 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 5
The Chief of State Limitation Bill

In the history of the New Republic, spanning sixteen years, we have had two Chief of States, essentially. Mon Mothma and Leia Organa-Solo. There are two more that have served, Eli Fitzgerald for several months in 11 ABY, and our current Chief of State, Ponc Gavrisom since mid-18 ABY...but both on a temporary basis, in perhaps the most flawed aspect of our system that allows for our head of state to leave office at a moment of their choosing for any reason, and have someone else elected to take over. Whenever they feel ready, they may step back into the office of Chief of State by no other authority than their own. I feel that this is a very un-democratic system, thus I feel we must make changes. When going through this, keep in mind that some of this is a reiteration of currently standing sucession law. I propose that:

The term of a Chief of State is four years, with a limit of two terms possible in a being's lifetime.

The term of an Acting Chief of State does not count towards their lifetime term count.

Any former Chief of State, the current and any former Ministers of State, and the current and former Chairs of the Senate Councils (Beings Defense, Ministry, Commerce, Justice, Security and Intelligence, and Science and Technology) are eligible for appointment by the Ministry Council as an Acting Chief of State without the term counting against their lifetime term limit. By majority vote, the Advisory Council may envoke that an election take place, allowing anyone with the regular qualifications be eligible

The Chief of State is elected by a fifty percent plus one majority.

The election of a Chief of State can be blocked by the unanimous vote of the Advisory Council. Should this occur, another election will take place.

A Chief of State may be recalled by a majority vote of the Senate on the presentation of a petition of no-confidence that was made by either majority vote of the Advisory Council or a quarter vote of the Senate.

Any member of the Advisory Council or Chair of the Senate Councils may be selected by the Chief of State as a Temporary Chief of State for a limit of five days.

The Acting Chief of State, by way of Leave of Absence, may serve as such for only two years. Should the end of that timeframe be reached, and the Chief of State is yet to resume their duties as Chief of State, the current Chief of State will have forfeited their seat, and an election for a new Chief of State shall occur within three months.

The Acting Chief of State, by way of sucession through means other than Leave of Absence, shall serve the remainder of the current Chief of State's term. This time in office will not count against the Acting Chief of State's lifetime term limit. Following the end of the present term, regular elections shall take place.

Should an Acting Chief of State take a Leave of Absence, a Temporary Chief of State shall be chosen through the Ministry Council, by the same standards as an Acting Chief of State. By majority vote, the Advisory Council may envoke that an election take place, allowing anyone with the regular qualifications be eligible.

The distinction of Acting Chief of State or Temporary Chief of State are made to clarify the status of one's service. They are, unless otherwise explicitly stated, vulnerable to the same processes as a Chief of State.

Mical Léo de Crion
Director, All Stars Burn As One Foundation
Chairman, Urban Youth College Fund
Owner, Château Hiver Rivière

Ponc_GavrisomDate: Monday, 30 Aug 2010, 10:15 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 3
If the Senator would clarify which parts of his measure are the current law and which parts are the changes he is proposing, I would be most grateful. I would like to better understand the measure before I comment on it, and I'm sure I speak for others in this respect.

Ponc Gavrisom
Chief of State

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » The Chief of State Limitation Bill
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz