MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Monday
6:15 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Late Night at the Senate Offices
Late Night at the Senate Offices
Janar_CerraDate: Friday, 29 Jan 2010, 5:18 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Senatorial Offices
Evening was already falling upon Coruscant, Ja’nar the young senator and queen from the planet of Garos stood alone in her office. It was on one of the higher floors of the Senate Buildings and had a beautiful view of the city that sprawled out before her. She stood there for a few long silent moments as she stared out at the lights slowly coming on, the speeders zipping back and forth on imaginary traffic lanes. It was an awe inspiring sight though, it baffled her at times that so many people could live on one planet and there not be too many issues.

Ja’nar would turn away from the window as she moves back to her desk, pulling on the small sliver chain that turned on a beautiful tiffany’s glass lamp, the soft glow illuminating the mess of papers that seemed to cover the surface completely. She would turn back to the window for a moment, seeing her own reflection; the midnight blue gown clung to her slender form. The back was completely closed, not a bit of flesh from her torso seemed to show from that direction but the front had a plunging neckline was that was almost a bit too much . She had far too much to do this evening before she could return to her apartment for the night. She would shake her head, and then flipped her shoulder length brown curls back behind her shoulders.

She had neglected her office for far too long, it was time to get down to business, she would move over to a side table and turned out the small music maker she had. A soft song would come on; the music would drift out of her office and into the hallway as she began to sort through the stacks of papers on the desk. One by one she put them into different piles depending on what they were about; some went right into the shredder however.

Ja’nar Cerra was known as a workaholic though she was often very unorganized especially when it came to her files and desk. She often did things with little or no help at all, that was why the desk outside of her office was empty and void of the personal items a sectary would have had there if she had a sectary. It was just one more person who would try to get close to her. One more person to try and take care of to get attached to, to have them leave.

As she sorted papers, her mind drifted to the current debates within the Senate. Some of them made her head hurt. She felt that the Republic was moving in the wrong direction but did others feel the same way? Ja’nar did not know. She had never spoken to a single senator outside of the Senate Hall. That was a bit her fault. She had left for awhile, having to deal with so many issues at home. But things were more stable. She had placed a cousin on the throne to keep it warm for her. The girl was talented when it came to politics, and she would keep Garos moving in the right direction until Ja’nar was able to return but for now, Ja’nar’s place was on Coruscant and was representing her people in the Republic. She could do more for them now.

The senate was turning into a place where petty little motions were brought forward, the latest one being that of the Interspecies Fornication. It was the silliest thing she had heard in a long time, since she was married actually so many years ago. She would just shake her head. Was it their place to tell people who to love? Who they could or could not make love to? No. Love was something to be cherished at least that is what she thought. It was hard to find it and when one did no one should stand in the way of it. Did a governing body have the right to dictate how one should love and be loved? It was moral dilemma at least for her. What if she fell in love once more? What if it was with a Shistavanen? Yes that was highly unlikely for many reasons but would she follow the laws of the Republic if it said she could not be intimate with a being she felt was her soul mate? She would break them, she would do what she felt was best for and would be punished for it. But was it right? No. She would never agree with that motion. She couldn’t. It was wrong in so many ways. It was actually starting to irritate her. She would start to get mad actually. Her blood pressure rising as she began to think about this motion more and more.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV
Acting Senator to the Republic, Garos IV

Artemis_VandenDate: Tuesday, 02 Feb 2010, 0:35 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Artemis Vanden had the misfortune of being a simple and rather uninteresting man—this was something that he lamented all the more since his wife of many years had passed away. His estate on Naboo had become a cold and disquieting place since then, and for that reason he spent most of his time now on Coruscant, laboring often in obscurity. Despite his personal tribulations (or perhaps because of them), he was, however, an immensely compassionate man; he had become as devoted to his Senate work as he had previously been devoted to caring for his wife as she fell terminally ill. Perhaps this was why, as the Senate discussed banning lightsabers, or "interspecies fornication," or other embarassments, his proposals focused singularly on protecting the rights of beings to live and to love, and not to suffer.

Coruscant was a cynical place, in terms of its politics. There were not many Artemis Vandens here, but there was at least one who felt that he needed to be here and whose office, on many occasions, was seen alight into the long hours of the night. The Senator suspected that tonight could be another of those nights and so he did what he often did—walked the Senate's corridors, perused its gardens, and cleared his mind before he set about his work. He was, presently, on one of his sojourns, listening to the sound of his steps echoing in the austere, marble halls, when instead he heard a melody from somewhere further down the corridor. Mid Rim worlds were situated rather near each other in this building, and it wasn't far to Senator Cerra's office.

He passed through the empty foyer and entered upon her doorway cautiously, not wanting to disturb the Senator if she was busy. He saw her at her desk, lost in thought and seemingly troubled by something. He did not know Jan'ar Cerra well—both of them seemed to be recluses—although he'd seen her across the rotunda on occasion with a sort of sadness in her striking features, particularly as the Senate debated another of its more obscene proposals. Coruscant was a cynical place, and Vanden knew all too well how hard it was to remain idealistic these days. Perhaps even more so for Senator Cerra who, Vanden seemed vaguely to recall, had suffered some family tragedy of her own.

It just so happened that he had been meaning to speak with the Senator for some time on a matter of business, largely at the behest of King Mercutio who, Vanden suspected, had a romantic interest in the Senator and Queen of Garos. The King was notorious for his pursuits, but it just so happened that his proposal was a good one regardless of his ulterior motives and, Vanden decided, he would raise it with her now. He knocked softly on the door frame. "I hope I'm not disturbing you, m'lady," he said.

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Janar_CerraDate: Tuesday, 02 Feb 2010, 3:44 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Much of Ja'nar Cerra's past was sealed and locked away in the archives of her planet and deep within her own mind. Few people knew about her troubled years, even fewer of them were still alive, only truly herself and her one faithful guard, Mackey. Ja'nar was deep in thought as she sorted out the papers still until she heard the knock. Even though it was a soft one, it had startled her as she jumped slightly and turned around. It was not often that anyone came to visit her within her office. It was less common to have it be another Senator. Ja'nar would smile though the moment she saw the older man standing there, how could she not? She rarely had a chance to speak with other senators, "Oh no, just doing some cleaning and I can always use a distraction" she would lean back against the desk, "Do come in...its not often another senator comes knocking on my door." Again she would flash him a charming little smile. Ja'nar was a playful person in nature but she had her problems, her issues like everyone else.

Her issues cut deep, though no one knew that, she was very careful to cover the scars she had, the lasting marks of another life. She had spent years dealing with what had happened during her childhood, dealing with abondonment issues and of course in her younger years a servere spice addiction. Though some how she had overcame it all and now stood infront of the Senator of Naboo, as a new woman, one who was much more careful about how she presented herself to others, though more than anything else...she wanted to laugh again and to have some one to hold her on those long nights when the past caught up with her again.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Artemis_VandenDate: Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 1:53 AM | Message # 4
Major general
Sometimes people were not as they seemed. For instance, Senator Cerra presented herself so professionally that most, indeed, would not fathom the tortuous path that had brought her to this place. Senator Vanden, however, was more or less as he seemed. He'd had his own troubles of course—in addition to his wife's passing, his son had scorned him and assumed the life of a smuggler, or pirate, or some such—that he didn't speak of, but nor did he conceal. It simply was not spoken of in polite company on Naboo where, after all, he was regarded as a kind man and a sympathetic figure (not to mention a quite persistent champion of Naboo in the Senate).

He knew, however, that his personal life was spoken of in his absense, because every so often a Lady of Ferentina or a Baroness of Theed would be suggested to him by his friends and colleagues in a conspiratorial manner. This was another reason that he spent more of his days on Coruscant of late. Although he, too, longed for someone else in much the same way that Ja'nar did especially on those cold nights at his estate by the lake, he was tormented by the memory of his wife and, although he knew Persephone would have wanted only his happiness, he felt regardless that it was too soon to move on—too soon to let go.

He returned her smile, although there was something vaguely sad in his. "May I?" he said pleasantly, having entered the office and gestured to a chair opposite her desk. He was dressed in simple Naboo attire, with a fern green waistcoat worn over his white dress shirt, the sleeves of which he'd rolled up in anticipation of a long night at work. As he sat down, it occurred to him that Senator Cerra was even more striking now than she appeared across the rotunda. Her dress, also, was quite complementary. "I know it's a bit late for business," he said, "but there's a proposal I've been meaning to discuss with you, and the Senate permits us so little time to do so."

Artemis Vanden

Message edited by Artemis_Vanden - Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 1:56 AM

Janar_CerraDate: Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 3:27 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Ja'nar didn't listen to the others speak. They tended to just gossip worse than teenage girls in the bathroom between classes back in secondary school. Ja'nar however continued to lean against the desk as he moves into the office "Of course, make yourself at home...do you want anything to drink?" she asks softly. Her office was cozy to say the least. It was comfortable as Ja'nar was planning on spending a lot more time there. She would push herself away from the desk as she moves over to a little side table and pulls out one of her mugs, it was beautiful glass cup, with small little purple flowers painted on it. She would begin to make herself a cup of hot chocolate. It was her signature drink. Anyone who knew her well enough, knew it was her only lasting addiction at the moment. The stuff seemed to calm her down when she began to think far too much.

If he wished for a cup, she would bring it over to him, handing it gently to the man before she leans against the desk once more, taking a sip. "It is alright...I have been doing far too many late nights it seems recently" she would flash him another smile, her eyes starting to sparkle a bit as she looks back down to her drink taking another sip. "what sort of proposal is this?" she asks softly, raising a brow as she looks to him. Part of her fearing that answer.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Artemis_VandenDate: Tuesday, 09 Feb 2010, 2:33 AM | Message # 6
Major general
"Thank you," he said, accepting the mug from her and admiring, briefly, its design before taking a sip of the hot chocolate. He understood immediately why it was her signature drink, and resolved to find occasions to visit her office more often. There were far worse things in the galaxy to be addicted to than hot chocolate, and he knew this quite well because his son was addicted to most of them. His son. Artemis was reminded, then, that Senator Cerra had written to him confidentially some time ago, inquiring whether his son, Davon—a reputed smuggler—could move some sensitive cargo for her. He made a mental note to follow up on it later, as it had preyed on his curiosity for some time (he'd not mentioned it previously, however, out of respect for her privacy).

"His Majesty is interested in broadening Naboo's academies and bringing in professors from other worlds, with other experiences," he explained, "Garos IV was mentioned as one such world, and I agreed. It is praised as a center of learning, as is Naboo. We suggest an exchange program of sorts, where some of our professors would teach on Garos IV, and some of yours would teach on Naboo. That is, if they would grant us the honor." He took another sip of the hot chocolate and noticed as he did so, quite randomly, that the midnight blue of her dress matched the evening sky behind her—the lights from passing speeders seemed to appear or disappear seamlessly about her contours in a manner that seemed, to Vanden, quite majestic.

He returned his thoughts to the present. "What do you think of the idea?" he asked.

Artemis Vanden

Janar_CerraDate: Tuesday, 09 Feb 2010, 2:23 PM | Message # 7
Major general
Ja'nar would stand there, leaning slightly against her desk still as she silently listens to him and takes a sip of her hot chocolate. She had not forgotten the reason she had first contacted the Senator from Naboo, and the services of his son were still needed. Though Ja'nar's mind went to other places at the moment, as she tried to focus on the older man that sat before her, her mind though wandered to many different places, before she focused once more on what he was saying.

A small smile would form as she nods her head "I think that is an excellent idea and I am honored that Garos IV was thought of for this sort of program." She would gently set down her mug on her desk, her hands resting beside her, gripping the edge of it slightly. "I am sure that many of our professors would love the chance to teach else where, and while you mention only professors, perhaps we could do a student exchange also. It would be an excellent way to create a lasting relationship between our two planets." Ja'nar's mind began to work once more, going into over time. This was a major step for the Garos and she knew it. She knew that they would need friends and while Naboo was not a huge military power, it was a start and soon perhaps their allies would follow suit.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Artemis_VandenDate: Friday, 12 Feb 2010, 3:16 AM | Message # 8
Major general
"I'm glad," he said, as she assented to the proposal, "And I agree—a student exchange is also in order. I believe we have much to yearn for each other." Vanden immediately realized his error, and he smiled as his gaze took refuge in his hot chocolate mug. "Learn from each other," he corrected himself, "I beg your pardon. Although I'm a man of words, I find I still use the wrong ones far too often, especially when the hour is late." He shrugged, sipping from his drink as he considered how to change the subject, and fast. He might as well inquire about Davon, he thought, since there would never be an opportune moment to do so and this, certainly, was not an opportune moment.

"I've wondered," he said, "If you managed to contact my son? I've not spoken with him in some time—did he move the cargo you mentioned?"

Artemis Vanden

Janar_CerraDate: Monday, 15 Feb 2010, 2:21 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Ja'nar would glance to him for a moment a brow raised as he mis-spoke. She would just smile, though her cheeks did seem to be a bit redder after it. She would shake her head "It is alright, we all make mistakes when the hour becomes this late." She would excuse it. He was not known as a flirt or womanizer like many of the others. It was an honest mistake atleast she thought it was and that was all that mattered at the moment.

She would then shake her head "No, I have been unable to contact him as of yet and the cargo is very precious to me. I want someone who understands how politics works and will understand how sensative said cargo is" she would sigh softly, as she turns to look out the window for a moment.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Artemis_VandenDate: Monday, 22 Feb 2010, 0:53 AM | Message # 10
Major general
Vanden stood, setting his mug of hot chocolate down as he did so, and tugged on his waistcoat discreetly to straighten its creases as he came to his full height. He rounded Senator Cerra's desk and joined her at the window, his hands casually in his trouser pockets as he, too, regarded the view. "I've not been to Garos IV," he said, "Naboo is a world of lakes, hills, and plains. I do miss it when I'm here. I never quite get used to the bustle of this place." A few stars could be seen faintly in the sky. It was difficult to distinguish them, however, from the space ships and stations that savored some lingering glow of the sun, far above them.

As he thought to himself, his eyes absently followed a speeder that crossed his view, and the viewport, until he found himself, distracted, looking askance at the Senator. He glanced away, turning from the window and back toward the office proper. "Thank you for the hot chocolate," he said, "And for the distraction—our work can be tedious at times, as you know. In any case, I will work on the exchange program and have a proposal forwarded to your office this week."

Artemis Vanden

Janar_CerraDate: Monday, 01 Mar 2010, 4:32 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Ja'nar would glance to him as he moved to his feet and walked to stand beside her. She would smile as studies him for a moment, her deep brown eyes taking him in. Ja'nar always seemed to have a smile on her face "You should come and visit sometime...it is a lovely place much like Naboo in some ways, perhaps tour our universities, I am sure the professors and students would welcome you." She would flash him another smile as she moved to lean against him gently "I like how busy it is...no one notices you, it is so easy to disappear once you leave this building."

Ja'nar would straighten up a bit, as she glances out the window "you are welcome for the hot chocolate, as for the distraction...I can be more of one if you wish" she got that naughty little smile that was rarely seen these days "I use to be quite good at distracting others...but that was years ago"

Again she would bring her gaze to him "Just bring it by when you have it finished, if I am not here just slip it under the door"

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Artemis_VandenDate: Thursday, 08 Jul 2010, 11:34 PM | Message # 12
Major general
Her smile was striking, and all the more so because of how rare it was. She always seemed to have a sadness about her in the Senate and, Vanden knew, sadness in her past—although she was very protective of this, and few knew the details. Vanden felt pleased to be in her company in this one, fleeting moment where she seemed to let her guard down and allow herself to be happy. Vanden knew sadness too, after all, and he'd always had his own reasons to deny himself happiness. But truly, what was wrong with a moment of pleasure between two reclusive idealists on a cold, uncaring place like Coruscant?

He closed his eyes as he felt the warmth of her body against his. It had been so long. "I will," he said to her, faintly. It seemed their business had concluded, but he was reluctant to leave. Ahead of him was a long night of paperwork, facts, and figures. But all of that was back down the cold marble hall—the world outside of Jan'ar's office, outside of her eyes, that seemed so far away at this moment. "You are a singular woman, Jan'ar," he said to her, and meant it.

Artemis Vanden

Janar_CerraDate: Friday, 09 Jul 2010, 8:26 AM | Message # 13
Major general
Ja'nar would give a little laugh as if he had made a joke and would just shake her head "I am glad that you think so." She would smile again. She wasn't that different from most women or most senators for that matter. She just kept her distance for personal reasons and that made her seem different, a bit more mysterious than the rest. She would glance to him again. It was nice to have a man around, to be able to easily talk to him about small trivial things that didn't really matter. She would study his form for a moment before she openned her mouth to speak before closing it and looking away. Her eyes staring out the window. He could see her reflection, he could see she was deep in thought for a brief moment "I know we both have a lot to do here, but it is late and I was wondering if you would mind walking me home?" she asks softly. That was a nice way of putting it. Not her usual blunt form like she had used in the past.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » In Character » Late Night at the Senate Offices
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz