MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Saturday
2:33 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Canon Character request (This is gonna be a long-shot...)
Canon Character request
KramerDate: Friday, 09 Jul 2010, 9:47 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I'd been putting off asking this since I joined, since I didn't think there'd be a chance it would even be considered, but then upon re-reading the rules I came across this:

1.9. Original characters only, please. "Canon" characters are allowed if they are requested and approved by management; any such request should provide a persuasive argument that the character in question will not substantively conflict with the Star Wars storyline (see Rule 1H) and, for major characters, that their presence in the RP will serve a useful purpose. Furthermore, management may revoke such approval any time it is deemed that the character is not being played in an accurate manner, true to that character's personality and abilities.

Now, I know the character of Boba Fett is a coveted one, and there are probably many others here who are thought of as better for the role, but I'd like to request it anyway. Having been a Fett fan since the day I first watched the original Star Wars Trilogy some 15 years ago, I believe I could accurately portray the character as he's shown in the movies and the EU (I could create a sample post, if required).

As for the necessity of the character, as a bounty hunter Fett isn't exactly necessary per se, however the setting of the rp almost perfectly coincides with the time that Fett began his hunt for Fenn Shysa - who is being portrayed in this rp. I think Fett's presence can shake things up not only for the factions and peoples involved, but also provide some incentive for other BH players to participate more actively in hunts.

I completely understand if this request is rejected, but I figured it can't hurt to try to play a character I love and understand.

- Danny

Vahn Riktor Kramer
Governor of the Juris Sector

"Intolerance is the first step to seizing control"

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 09 Jul 2010, 11:26 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I'm going to surprise everyone here and say, tentatively, that I might be okay with this. The details in this time period for Boba Fett as well as for Fenn Shysa are quite vague. This works for Shysa who, Danny notes, is portrayed in the RP. All we know for certain about Fett in 20 ABY is that he's back to bounty hunting and keeping an apparently low profile as he hunts for Shysa, probably part time. That's it, and it seems like there's a lot of leeway there.

There are a few, possible problems with this. One of them is the same problem that all canon characters face in the RP—they can't die. This is okay for Fenn, Luke, Gavrisom, Pellaeon, and the other canon characters we have who mostly stay out of harm's way. If you do RP as Boba, Danny, you'd probably likewise have to keep him out of potentially deadly situations. Before I go on though, I'd like to hear from Orion on it so I'm not reasoning in a vaccuum. My hesitation here is that the other canon characters I mentioned (Fenn, Luke, etc.) are RP'd out of necessity, usually because the faction they lead needs them to lead it. Boba Fett, however, would be an exception to this.

So yes, Orion, feel free to jump in.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

OrionKarathDate: Friday, 16 Jul 2010, 0:07 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
My bad for letting this sit for a bit, it took me a bit longer to formulate my opinion. There are some dangers, mainly in interaction with original characters in which each character is faced with death in a fight...Fett is going to win no matter what. Among some minor ones, that's about the only issues that I see here, as he has little to no presence around this time period. I do encourage you to restrain yourself, if possible, in fights...at the same time, I encourage you to enjoy this. I Approve. As a note, I tend to encourage, should one go a canon character route, a more minor character, one that drops off the map before this time period, mainly the characters from the Rebellion and Dark Times comic book series'. I'd also say some of the minor characters of The Force Unleashed, more or less Juno Eclipse, but with II coming out, I'm hesitant on that front.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Canon Character request (This is gonna be a long-shot...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz