MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Saturday
2:32 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Rather Large Request
Rather Large Request
Rath-DeschainDate: Saturday, 24 Jul 2010, 9:16 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
First off, Jace, you and I spoke about the purposes for this group recently. Orion, it's no slight to you, I'd be more than happy to tell you about it on Messenger, or Jace can fill you in, but this is kind of secret squirrel stuff, so I don't want the whole group reading it yet.

With the recent agreements betwee R&L Enterprises and the Ebon Fist (soon to be known as prophecy, being a private security group), I would ask:

1x Origin-class Battlecruiser
2x Salamander-class Strike Cruisers
4x Crossbow-class Frigates
48x (four squadrons) of Kraken fighters

The stipulation as well is that none of the above vessels will be used in conjunction with the Ebon Fist's current forces. I forsee that the majority of these vessels will not be permanant as well.

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

OrionKarathDate: Monday, 26 Jul 2010, 9:38 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Administrators
DENY

Thing is, one, you already have shown in multiple occassions to be using R&L to your benefit when you get down to being blunt about it. And it goes vice versa with Cale towards R&L. Two, you have plenty of ships already, more than any other pirate faction in the RP, which is what you are toting the Ebon Fist as being, although terrorist would be more appropriate at this point as besides from attempting to hijack your own ships from Baltimn, you haven't really done any actually pirating...since Corellia I believe, although I could mistaken in that regard. Three, we've had members in the past say that they won't use this seperate fleet in support of their main faction or that it won't be permanent...and yet a month or two later, there they are, supporting themselves, and it sticks around until someone finally destroys it. It is something we are trying to curtail at this point in the RP, as it would hold more quality to the RP to not see that kind of thing happening...to me it's the same for attacking a player for OOC reasons, or telling management during private conversation that you've killed a certain character, and yet they pop right back up in the RP and when asked, they say it is in fact the same character or the same character that was said to be dead but under a different name. If you want to use our designs so bad, I would honestly suggest trading out the current Ebon Fist fleet for R&L designs, once they show successful and profitable operations.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Rath-DeschainDate: Monday, 26 Jul 2010, 10:23 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
truth be told, the fist have not actually been a pirate group for some time now. they actually fall under the category of mercenaries with minor pirate tendencies to be specific. they are currently undergoing process to become a private security company.

second: i suppose i'll air out the idea here. i was planning on assaulting cato neimoidia for purposes left unmentioned at the moment. whether or not malcom cross could be considered an ally is something i cannot say at this time, but the likelihood of encountering superior numbers and in all honesty, the kruus (which has the advantage in weaponry and size) is quite high and simply put, large fleet or not, the best the fist could hope for is a strategic retreat with high losses.

the r&l vessels are a field evener against the kruus. statistically speaking, with cato neimoidia guarded as it is likely to be, i expect to loose the full fleet. any leftover vessels would be returned to r&l enterprises.

for r&l, it represents a slap in the face to mirkovig and his designers who produced shoddy knockoffs that gave r&l a bad name, which resulted in their products being pulled from the galaxy. as such, a direct field demonstration would run counter to the current word.

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 26 Jul 2010, 11:34 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
Orion has touched base on all of my concerns. Incidentally, Orion, I see the wounds of Vjun still bleed to this day. This reminds me to point out, for the record, that Jamie has told me that Bernard Oriel, a.k.a. Ribaldequin Leiro is, in fact, at the bottom of the ocean on Leirooine at this moment. Now that it's been stated here for the record, you don't have to worry about the character being unaccounted for again.

With regard to this request, I agree with Orion that the Ebon Fist already has as many ships as it's going to. I understand that you intend to have Ebon Fist become a legitimate security company, but until it has demonstrated that it is a legitimate security company and has gained a reputation as such, I think it's premature to approve this kind of firepower for it. Patriot Defense Services, Inc., the largest defense contractor in the galaxy, has no capital ships. Neither does Sand Panther Security, except for one rather large supply ship I think. In terms of pirate factions, as Orion noted, you already have more ships than anyone else.

I wouldn't actually say, Orion, that Drasek is crossing the IC/OOC lines in terms of his characters improbably supporting one another. However, the reasons I wouldn't actually say this are 1.) I'm too polite, and 2.) I don't think he's doing it on purpose. Surely you do see though, Drasek, that it seems a bit improbable that Drasek, Stomwell, and now Lim Hejin and his pirates would be in this unusual relationship with Ravak & Larben. There's certainly nothing in it for Ravak & Larben as far as I can see—this new arrangement with the Ebon Fist doesn't seem to make a lot of business sense. I mean, it's understandable to showcase your products, but I don't think you want mercenaries/terrorists to showcase them. It's not going to help R&L's reputation with the Republic, and nor would working with the Republic's number one fugitive.

I'm not criticizing you, mind you. I'm just pointing out the improbability of this because I know sometimes a third person perspective can help to clarify this sort of thing. What I mean is, it's easy for Orion and others to see what's happening and think that IC/OOC are blurring together because, understandably, you want to use your own ship designs. But as I said, I think it's premature at this point for Ebon Fist to have them or even have enough men to crew them even with the recent recruiting at Roon.

Also, we all want to see the Kruus destroyed, but requesting ships solely for use against a specific opponent in a specific battle is never okay. The Kruus might be a monster, and Jamie might not be posting at all, but we still have to be fair to him and work within our means to destroy his ship, if that's what we intend.

I also vote to DENY.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Rath-DeschainDate: Monday, 26 Jul 2010, 11:39 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
acceptable.

request instead to sell off the six razor fighters in exchange for three kraken fighters.

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 30 Jul 2010, 10:55 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
I'd kind of like to see the Kraken fighters in action first before I vote to approve more of them, if that's okay.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

OrionKarathDate: Monday, 02 Aug 2010, 3:31 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
Same here to be honest. Consider this on hold until the conclusion of the fighting at Roon.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Rather Large Request
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz