MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Saturday
3:33 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Baltimn Military Resistence Request
Baltimn Military Resistence Request
JamesNapoleonHoodDate: Monday, 02 Aug 2010, 7:47 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I noticed in the latest update on the situation on Baltimn, that there are two bases remaining in the standoff against Ulyanov. One controlled by General Preston, the other unmentioned. I would like to play this other base and its combined forces. I would assume that over time, the loyalist forces would slowly gather together as they had to abandon other areas, thus the combined arms force here. The goal with this force would be to make Baltimn more interesting, and add another element to the political enviroment, which I believe is missing, those that are fed up with the Cale regime, however still stand against Ulyanov, his policies, and brutal tactics used in the taking of Murmann City (which I'm surprised some members of the Senate have not caused much of a fuss over).

22,680 ground troops
216 AV-7 Antivehicle Cannons
108 MPTL-2a Launchers
405 Fighter Tanks
405 AAC-1 Hovertanks
405 T4-B Heavy Tanks
96 HTT-26 Freerunners
240 commandos
1 Squadron of Tandem X-Wing Starfighters
1 Squadron of V-Wing Speeders
1 Squadron of BTL-S3 Y-Wing Starfighters

General Sir James Napoleon Hoood GCB GKB DSO OM
Commander, 5th Army

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 05 Aug 2010, 2:36 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I vote to APPROVE:

3,800 regular troops
24 commandos
15 T4-B tanks or 15 AAC-1 tanks or 14 TH-130 fighter tanks
8 HTT-26 troop transports
6 V-wing Airspeeders

The problem with the combined numbers you mention is that the remaining bases are surrounded with Ulyanov's troops, tanks, and artillery and the New Republic has air superiority, so the Baltimn military forces have no freedom of movement or, at least, not enough to coalesce into these two remaining bases. A single base probably wouldn't have enough food or water to feed that many troops, or enough fuel to keep those vehicles going since presumably all supplies have been cut off and the base is surviving on whatever it has left.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Baltimn Military Resistence Request
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz