MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Saturday
5:37 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Request for the Resistance
Request for the Resistance
Anubis_XerxesDate: Monday, 09 Aug 2010, 7:06 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
As you may have seen, things have started to get going for the anti-imperial resistance led by Anubis. As I have mentioned in the opening thread of the Resistance, I've sent out both NPC members and RPers on various missions. I would like to request the following:

A pile of FA-4 pilot droids (as many as 36)
3 HAVw A6 Juggernauts
a DP20 frigate
Imperial codes for Kalee, Ruuria, and Borgo Prime.
A few empion mines (as many as 3)
6 Y-Wing starfighters

All of the requests except for the DP20 frigate, the empion mines, and the Y-Wings would all be destroyed in the opening missions for the Resistance on all Kalee, Ruuria, and Borgo Prime. This is made possible because of the money Anubis would receive from his secret supplier in Fenn Shysa. I will RP out the acquisitions of the pilot droids, the Juggernauts, and the frigate on Raxus Prime as Lieutenant Antilles. I'll also RP out the acquisition of the Imperial codes as Major Wells. I can RP out the acquisitions of the empion mines as Anubis himself if the management wishes, but I believe this could easily be acquired on the black market.

The DP20 frigate and the empion mines would not be used until the numbers of the members within the Resistance expands, because of the numbers of the crew needed to man the warship. Both materials are linked together, and are to be used in hit-and-run missions against the Imperial Navy. Until then, the Resistance wanted to use the Y-Wings in a hit-and-run missions as they're the suitable choice to alternate their roles between being fighters and being bombers. There are personal ships within the Resistance, but most are light freighters and are best suited for blockade-breaking runs and smuggling. The only real threat is Anubis' very own personal and modified Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft. The Resistance would need more than that to go on if they want to commit to hit-and-run operations against the Imperial convoys.

I hope this isn't too much at first, but I explained in details that half of the list would all be destroyed in the upcoming missions on those three worlds I mentioned earlier.

~Anubis Xerxes
The Empire's worst nightmare

Jace_VaritekDate: Thursday, 12 Aug 2010, 11:34 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I'm mostly okay with this, with one "except" and two "howevers." That is, I'm okay with it except for the empion mines—I don't think they would be as easily found on the black market as you might suppose. Bear in mind this is a mine with a hyperspace capable sensor array, a gravity well projector, an electromagnetic charge, an ion projector, and a hyperwave transceiver. It's an extremely sophisticated device, and the gravity well projector alone is something I wouldn't be comfortable approving. Certainly not a trio of them, anyway. So if the components of the empion mine are found separately and then assembled together, perhaps then I'd be willing to approve of one of them for the resistance.

Now, the two "howevers." I would prefer that the Juggernauts be older models, since it's my understanding that you plan to salvage them from Raxus Prime. I just think you'd be more likely to find the older models in a junkyard, rather than the top of the line stuff. An A4 or A5 would be more in order, I think. I'm also skeptical about being able to find three of them all on Raxus Prime, rather than, say, two instead. Also, the same thing goes with the DP20—I'm fine with you salvaging one from there, but bear in mind it probably shouldn't have its full load of missiles or guns, and would probably need a lot of renovation to be fully combat capable. This works fine, however, if you don't plan to use it for awhile.

That said, I vote to APPROVE everything else, including the Imperial codes which have been supplied by Roth.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Anubis_XerxesDate: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 9:49 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I'll be more than willing to have only one empion mine. To make things easier for the management, I'll be willing to have it destroyed by the Imperials after a couple of successful attacks. As of the Juggernauts, I could spin it around by having Lieutenant Antilles find A4 or A5 Juggernauts on Raxus Prime instead. However, I have a problem with not being able to find all three of them on Raxus Prime. They are related to the Imperial codes on Kalee, Ruuria, and Borgo Prime. Each Juggernaut are to be used on each world.

I have no problem with the DP20. While it's related to the empion mine, both wouldn't be used at least for a while anyway. It's because I'd have to wait until the numbers of the Resistance members rise, which should give the Resistance some time in repairing the DP20 before sending it into battle.

~Anubis Xerxes
The Empire's worst nightmare

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010, 12:03 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I know that you intended to have one Juggernaut for Kalee, Ruuria, and Borgo Prime, but the revision of two Juggernauts that I suggested was meant to make things more challenging for the resistance. However, since you're just starting out, I suppose it doesn't need to be more challenging than necessary. Three Juggernauts it is. So, it looks like, with the other conditions, the request is APPROVED.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » Request for the Resistance
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz