MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Saturday
2:32 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » From Ravak & Larben Armories... (Presenting new designs)
From Ravak & Larben Armories...
Ravak-and-LarbenDate: Thursday, 12 Aug 2010, 10:22 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
*The following advertisement is only in limited circulation on the backwater planets of the Outer Rim*

Ravak & Larben Armories, a subsidiary of Ravak & Larben Enterprises, is pleased to present the following items, straight from the testing grounds and ready for your personal enjoyment!

Designation: Covert Operations Reactive Equipment (CORE) Standard
Mass: 10kg
Composition: Cerametal plates
Environmental Tolerance:

• Gravity- N/A
  • Radiation- N/A
  • Atmosphere- Light
  • Pressure- Light
  • Heat- Light

Additional Information: The CORE Standard variant is the base armor model, initially designed for covert operations to be a durable and lightweight powered armor that would serve a multitude of needs. Equipped with an internal heating and cooling system, as well as a full array of stimulants and tourniquet aids, it is the common soldier's friend, neither too light nor too heavy. The helmet visor includes zoom vision, heads-up target display, thermal shielding and night vision.

---

Designation: Covert Operations Reactive Equipment (CORE) Shocktrooper
Mass: 50kg
Composition: Neutronite alloy
Environmental Tolerance:

• Gravity- Moderate
  • Radiation- Moderate
  • Atmosphere- Moderate
  • Pressure- Moderate
  • Heat- Moderate

Additional Information: The CORE Shocktrooper armor is the second-generation suit, intended for higher-end units such as assault teams. Spearhead attacking parties and command positions among lower infantry are often issued this form of armor. The shocktrooper armor includes all the benefits of the CORE Standard variant as well as the addition of has the addition a small gravity induction drive allowing flight capacity at a maximum speed of 180 km/h; targeting optics; trauma packs and a full comm suite.

---

Designation: Covert Operations Reactive Equipment (CORE) Assault
Mass: 80kg
Composition: Neutronite alloy
Environmental Tolerance:

• Gravity- High
  • Radiation- High
  • Atmosphere- High
  • Pressure- High
  • Heat- High

Additional Information: The CORE Assault armor is the third-generation suit, the pinnacle of Ravak & Larben mass-produced powered armor. this CORE system is an improvement over the others in many ways. Dropping the flight capabilities, for it's use is ground or space only, the assault suit boasts an improved targeting system, as well as an on-board A.I. capable of interfacing with most capitol ships and snubfighters, as well as standard computer systems. Optional systems also include an air/space radar and an ablative re-entry shroud, allowing for orbital insertion from roughly 200 km. The model here is shown with the modified HAK-59 minigun.

---

Designation: Covert Operations Reactive Equipment (CORE) Body tank
Mass: 100kg
Composition: Heavy neutronite alloy
Environmental Tolerance:

• Gravity- High
  • Radiation- High
  • Atmosphere- High
  • Pressure- High
  • Heat- High

Additional Information: Unlike the mass-produced suits, this new prototype suit is the latest issue to roll off the production lines. Meant strictly for land combat, it can be reconfigured for space, but suffers from a lack of balance in zero gravity. This assault suit boasts, in both 'arms,' modified rotary versions of the 25mm Ronin 900 sabot cannon. As if this massive firepower were not enough, it also holds a forty-two missile hardpoint system that can launch a multitude of rocket types. Despite the hefty price tag associated, it is designed to allow smaller militaries to combat larger ground forces such as walkers or heavy tanks with a minimum of difficulty.

------

*The following items are sold for individual or mass sale to private citizens, security forces or military.*

Designation: Nighthawk A5 Pulse Baton
Mass: 1.15 kg
Length: 50 cm
Payload: Electrical shock
Information: Meant for security teams, the Nighthawk delivers a massively powerful electrical shock upon contact, capable of stunning a large animal of elephant size with a single shock.

---

Designation: Samurai 300 Ion Blade
Mass: 2.25 kg
Length: 65 cm
Payload: Ionizing energy
Information: Designed for close-in work against droids and powered armor, the Samurai 300 delivers electromagnetic energy on striking. While effective against unarmored targets, it is still more useful against cybernetics and the like.

---

Designation: AX2 Chainsword
Mass: 7 kg
Length: 115 cm
Payload: Monomolecular edge
Information: Heavy and unwieldy, the chainsword is usually carried by troopers in powered armor, so as to be able to swing faster and harder. Instead of a blade, the chainsword holds a chain-driven array of serrated, micro-engineered teeth that can cut through most metals. It also works as a good concrete saw in a pinch, or for breaching starship hulls.

---

Designation: AGC-7 Autoflechette Rifle
Mass: 3.25 kg
Length: 45 cm
Payload: 25mm flechette round
Maximum Range: 50 meters
Clip Size: 15 rounds
Information: The AGC-7 is a peerless close-assault weapon. Fully automatic, it hurls flechette rounds; bundles of razor-sharp needles that shred anything they hit, up to 50 meters. For breaching rooms, tight corridors and other enclosed spaces, the is the weapon of choice.

---

Designation: Devastator Flechette Pistol
Mass: 1.5 kg
Length: 27.5 cm
Payload: 25mm flechette round
Maximum Range: 40 meters
Clip Size: 6 rounds
Information: The Devastator is definitely a statement of overkill. While not automatic, it's still quite capable of shredding a room of soft and lightly armored targets as fast as the wielder can pull the trigger.

---

Designation: Tornado 600 Sabot Pistol
Mass: 2 kg
Length: 25 cm
Payload: 10mm sabot ramjet
Maximum Range: 100 meters
Clip Size: 6 rounds
Information: Big and heavy, the Tornado 600 is one of the most powerful handguns produced by R&L Armories. Non-automatic, these have incredible range for a pistol and next to no recoil.

---

Designation: M5 11mm Sabot Rifle
Mass: 4 kg
Length: 125 cm
Payload: 15mm sabot ramjet
Maximum Range: 800 meters
Clip Size: 12 rounds
Information: A good weapon for scouting parties, the M5's lack of automatic fire make it less popular for the front lines. However, with a range of 2,400 feet (800 meters), nobody can question it's usefulness and accuracy.

---

Designation: Ronin 900 25mm Sabot Cannon
Mass: 10 kg
Length: 130 cm
Payload: 25mm sabot ramjet
Maximum Range: 500 meters
Clip Size: 20 rounds
Information: Meant to shatter vehicles and slow-flying aircraft, the sabot cannon is the embodiment of raw firepower. While lacking high volume firepower and great accuracy at long range, it is often set up as a weapon in powered armor, or as a three-man defensive emplacement.

---

Designation: Tsunami 600 Laser Pistol
Mass: 0.5 kg
Length: 15 cm
Payload: Coherent light
Maximum Range: 150 meters
Clip Size: 20 shots
Info: Small and easily concealable, this useful weapon is designed for officers and personal defense and medium and short range.

---

Designation: CLR-19 Laser Rifle
Mass: 4 kg
Length: 75 cm
Payload: Coherent light
Maximum Range: 1500 meters
Clip Size: 12 shots
Information: The Combat Laser Rifle (CLR), Model 19, has proven itself with amazing range and accuracy. Up close, however, it suffers from a marked lack of faster firing.

---

Designation: Blue Bolt Arc Gun
Length: 85 cm
Payload: Electrical arc
Maximum Range: 100 meters
Clip Size: 12 shots
Information: Meant for security teams and boarding parties, the Blue Bolt can suffice as both taser and killing weapon; normally with a single shock. Effective against unarmored targets, it deals an ionizing effect against those with cybernetics and powered armor.

---

Designation: Demon 9 Hand Flamer
Mass: 4.5 kg
Length: 40 cm
Payload: Incendiary stream
Maximum Range: 24 meters
Clip Size: 10 shots
Information: A small cousin of the flamethrower, this pistol sized flamer is great for demoralizing the enemy. Spewing a tight aerosol spray of self-oxidizing gel, this weapon can be fired in 'automatic,' which quickly exhausts the 'clip' located inside the weapon.

---

Designation: Dragon 3 Heavy Flamer
Mass: 8.5 kg
Length: 65 cm
Payload: Incendiary stream
Maximum Range: 40 meters
Clip Size: 15 shots
Information: The big brother to the Demon 9, the Dragon 3 is used in conjunction with a backpack device that holds the fuel. While likely ineffective against troops in heavy powered armor, it can decimate unarmored structures and troops with great ease, sowing terror and confusion in enemy ranks.

---

Designation: D16 Plasma Rifle
Mass: 6 kg
Length: 110 cm
Payload: Incandescent plasma
Maximum Range: 400 meters
Clip Size: 8 rounds
Information: The D16 is a powerful weapon, one that has a massive energy discharge on impact of a 2 meter spread. It is designed to supplement the long range of the CLR-19.

---

Designation: HAK-59 Quantum Minigun
Length: 125 cm
Payload: Particle beam
Maximum Range: 200 meters
Clip Size: 90 shots
Information: The quantum minigun is designed for use on a tripod mount by a heavy weapons team; however, a modified version exists for the CORE assault troopers, who use it as a basic assault weapon. Producing fast-moving subatomic particles, the HAK-59 often slags anything it hits.

---

Designation: ZK5 Grenade Launcher
Mass: 2 kg
Length: 55 cm
Payload: Various grenades
Maximum Range: 480 meters
Clip Size: 10 shots
Information: The ZK5 is a modernized version of older grenade launchers. Utilizing sabot technology, the ZK5 can launch up to ten 30mm grenades from an internal drum-style magazine.

---

Designation: Bantam 5 Rocket Launcher
Mass: 7 kg
Length: 80 cm
Payload: Various rockets
Maximum Range: 2000 meters
Clip Size: 4-5 shots
Information: A hand-held, shoulder-fired rocket launcher, the Bantam 5 acts as a quartet of hollow tubes and a laser designator to launch and fire various rocket rounds. Certain versions of the Bantam 5 have a fifth tube for an extra shot.

Ravak & Larben Industries

Message edited by Ravak-and-Larben - Sunday, 29 Aug 2010, 9:17 PM

OrionKarathDate: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 10:47 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
This is actually a great design, or designs rather. I could actually see myself having one of my factions aquiring this stuff. I'm going to APPROVE.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Ravak-and-LarbenDate: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 10:48 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
And of course, I'd be more than happy to sell to you! What artist doesn't like to see his art appreciated, after all?

Jace_VaritekDate: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 5:24 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
I'm afraid I'm not quite as incurious as Orion is on this one. I have a few questions and comments, listed below for easy referencing:

1. What is "neutronite," and haven't we denied it in a previous request?

2. With regard to the Nighthawk A5 Pulse Baton, I don't think I can be convinced to approve a weapon capable of stunning an "elephant sized" animal.

3. With regard to the Devastator Flechette Pistol, similarly, I will not be convinced to approve a weapon capable of "shredding a room" full of people.

4. With regard to the Tornado 500 Sabot Pistol and the other "Sabot" weapons, what is a "ramjet"? Also, does the ZK5 Grenade Launcher use this as well since it is said to be based on "sabot technology"?

5. Please confirm for me that the "particle beam" on the HAK-59 refers to something akin to the particle beams on a LAAT gunship.

6. Please explain the Z-LOK Render Rifle. I have absolutely no idea what a "graviton beam" or "tidal attractions within a target" are. Ideally, please provide a link to a page on Wookieepedia or another Star Wars source that mentions this technology.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Ravak-and-LarbenDate: Tuesday, 17 Aug 2010, 11:11 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
1. Neutronite is a very dense and heavy material. It was used in the Salamander-class strike cruiser, making the vessel slow and bulky. Armor requires less, of course, but the body tank, for example, would be harder to move around and less maneuverable than standard stormtrooper armor, or even the CORE Standard.

2. Lowering the charge works. It's meant just to be a powerful pulse weapon. Mind you, I'm also thinking of putting limitations on what sort of groups and organizations can purchase most of these weapons. I may break it into civilian and military purchases.

3. Think if it as sort of a shotgun in pistol form. Shredding an entire room in one shot is, of course, quite unreasonable, but if someone let all six shots rip at once in a room of unarmored people, especially without warning, I'm sure most of the people would sustain some form of wounds.

4. A ramjet is a type of jet engine that uses the engine's forward motion to compress incoming air without a rotary compressor. To quote Wikipedia, "Ramjets can be particularly useful in applications requiring a small and simple engine for high speed use; such as missiles, while weapon designers are looking to use ramjet technology in artillery shells to give added range; it is anticipated that a 120-mm mortar shell, if assisted by a ramjet, could attain a range of 22 mi (35 km)." It's simply a booster to a sabot shot to give a slow-firing weapon greater range and hitting power. Of course, the downside is the lack of high-speed fire. The ZK5 can utilize grenade rounds with ramjet technology, or standard rounds, much as the Army's Mk. 19 grenade launcher.

5. The particle beam is much the same as those on the LAAT. I have yet to see a different sort of particle beam weapon mention anywhere.

6. Graviton Explanation According to a bit of research I did, the closest I can come to easily explaining is that a graviton weapon is like a tractor beam that is both pushing and pulling the molecules in a target at the same time to rip it apart. Unlike a tractor beam, it can't hold a target still and it takes time to work. It's more of an anti-vehicular weapon than anything.

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 25 Aug 2010, 11:57 AM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Awards: 4
Looks like everything is good to go then, except that, obviously, I vote to DENY the graviton technology.

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Ravak-and-LarbenDate: Sunday, 29 Aug 2010, 9:17 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
Acceptable.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » Archives & Flashbacks » Out of Character » From Ravak & Larben Armories... (Presenting new designs)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz