MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
8:51 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Coffee Table: Nationalizing BoSS (A Coffee Table Thread)
Coffee Table: Nationalizing BoSS
DannilBoVarDate: Saturday, 11 Apr 2009, 9:22 AM | Message # 1
Major
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Coffee Tables are remarkable inventions. They allow you a place to rest your coffee, and to chat about the current galactic events ongoing. To this regard, a group I was apart of before actually dubbed several threads as "Coffee Table threads" wherein individuals could comment about the current thread that was being RP'd. So if I have comments to launch about a particular thread, expect more of these

I just wanted to state that this thread really reminded me of Episode III when Padme looks out across the Senate floor and says "So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause." Lol.

-----------
Dannil Bo'Var
Representative
InterGalactic Mining Core and Subsidiaries

Exar_RayDate: Saturday, 11 Apr 2009, 11:31 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Ya... your big nose really takes the tables.

EchuuShinzonDate: Sunday, 12 Apr 2009, 8:56 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Nice... Nice lol

But serious. Actually this does broach a problem I've been struggling with since this piece was brought before the Senate.

Has management considered the repercussions of having the Republic control the registries? As I seem to recall the Registries allowed transponders to be universal (both remnant and republic could detect transponders) and allowed for ships to identify one another. Are we to assume that by removing the neutrality of said faction the Republic continues to support offering transponders to the remnant? If thats the case would the Remnant even do that?

I think that there may have been a grievous error made when we decided to force the registries to one side of the spectrum.

[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]
Echuu Shinzon
Ex-Jedi
Human

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 12 Apr 2009, 11:10 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
It's a good idea to bring this up in this format, and similar issues of course. Although the measure talks tough, frankly I don't really see how the Republic is going to enforce it. Since there doesn't appear to be much of a centralized command of the Bureau of Ships and Services, it would mean the Republic (or specifically, Cambrist) would have the headache of having to send memos and pink slips, etc. to the far flung BoSS offices on planets all over the galaxy, most of which I suspect would ignore it. We might see the Remnant try to clamp down on some of those offices themselves as a precaution (which I assume they do somewhat regularly, anyway), but aside from a select few incidents I doubt they'd really be successful either.

Even if the Republic has some, modest degree of success in enforcing this measure, it would of course only be on offices and ports within Republic space, and considering again BoSS's disparate nature, it seems possible that bureaus inside the Remnant could continue issuing transponders without coordination with the rest of BoSS, and still have those transponders be generally recognized. Basically, business as usual. The only dangerous impacts I really anticipate on the status quo are more aneurysms in the Remnant and the Republic (specifically, again, Cambrist, who set himself up to be in charge of this debacle). But otherwise I think most of BoSS will be tranquilly unaffected and just keep doing their jobs no matter what anyone says.

At least, those are my thoughts on it. Now where's my coffee? And yeah, the loyalty oaths are kind of creepy.

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

EchuuShinzonDate: Sunday, 12 Apr 2009, 1:03 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Yet again Jace, you managed to elevate my worries and fears about the current changes in the social and roleplay structures of the RP :P Much thanks mate.

[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]
Echuu Shinzon
Ex-Jedi
Human

Exar_RayDate: Sunday, 12 Apr 2009, 4:29 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Plus, from what Wookiepedia says... BoSS really sucked.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Coffee Table: Nationalizing BoSS (A Coffee Table Thread)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz