MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
6:01 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Regarding Jabo'a Mereel's Profile
Regarding Jabo'a Mereel's Profile
Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 01 May 2009, 11:48 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I have only two minor points of contention with it, and on the first point, do correct me if I'm wrong because my knowledge of the Mandalorians is appreciably limited. But it's my understanding that "Journeyman Protector" is a title that is held by one person, at one time, rather than a troop of various "Journeymen Protectors," plural, as the profile seems to suggest. True, a lot of canon sources do reference "the Journeymen Protectors" (especially "the ways of the Journeymen Protectors"), but I think that's referring to all of the individuals who have held that position over time. Thus, the title that is mentioned in the profile ("Chief Journeyman Protector," which I do not believe exists) would be redundant, since there is apparently only one and at this time it presumably is still Boba Fett.

The only other point of contention I have with the otherwise good profile is this net made out of Mandalorian iron, designed by Jabo'a himself, with two different settings: "stun, which closes upon the victim until they no longer have any range of movement, and kill, which squeezes itself shut on the victim." I think this weapon is rather pushing the envelope of what should be permissable in the RP, especially when Jabo'a's arsenal is already sufficient to kill someone ten times before they hit the ground (that, and it's not very sporting for a Mandalorian).

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Jaboa_MereelDate: Saturday, 02 May 2009, 11:49 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
The Journeyman Protectors are a group, not a single individual. Kind of served, from my understanding, as a elite paramilitary police force, type...deal...thing...with a thing in the thing with the thing and the thing...the thingy-thing-thing over by the thing...with the thing on top and the thing over the middle of the thing...

As for the nets, those were already in the original profile, and as the arsenal issue was already settled in the original, that isn't necesarrily every weapon he'll have on him.

Alor'ad Jabo'a Mereel
Striil Ori'ramikade

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 03 May 2009, 1:05 AM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
While, again, I admit that my knowledge of the Mandalorians is limited, I did spend a great deal of time scouring Wookieepedia for any mention of the Journeymen Protectors as being a plural title, rather than one held by one person at any one time, and couldn't find any. I also asked Zuthus this afternoon and he was likewise under the impression that it's just one individual at a time who holds the singular title of "Journeyman Protector." I don't disbelieve you, necessarily, but I would be much more convinced that the title is a plural one if you can show me a source to support it.

I'm also not aware of Jabo'a's weaponry having been discussed in the past.

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jaboa_MereelDate: Sunday, 03 May 2009, 12:06 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
The Article is kind of confusing...in that the wording seems to imply it is infact a single position, however Jaster Mereel was exiled from Concord Dawn, and had his title of Journeyman Protector revoked, because of murdering another Journeyman Protector. It also says Sergeant Fox of the 501st wanted to join the Journeyman Protectors, also implying that it was in fact multiple individuals rather than a single individual. The Mandalorian Protectors, based out of Mandalore, are a group of multiple individuals, and although to my knowledge no clear-cut canon states as such, I would assume they were based off of the Journeyman Protectors, as they were formed by Mandalore the Resurrector, a rogue ARC Trooper, and although he never was a Journeyman Protector himself, Jango Fett's father was also a Journeyman Protector, and thus a major part of his life. So in the end, based on this evidence, I assumed the Journeyman Protectors were in fact a group rather than a singular title.

Alor'ad Jabo'a Mereel
Striil Ori'ramikade

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 03 May 2009, 12:45 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
I was about to throw the book at you again, because I see that Jaster Mereel committed murder but I can't seem to find out who, in fact, he did murder. But! I finally did find a definitive source for you, because I'm such a nice guy. "Lenovar," says Wookieepedia, "was Boba Fett's superior officer in the Journeyman Protectors." So that's good to go.

However I still don't recall the "arsenal issue" having been settled before, unless I'm mistaken.

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jace_VaritekDate: Friday, 08 May 2009, 7:54 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Okay, not to bust your hump, but I'm back again. I found the old profile on Multiply, and indeed there was a discussion there of the weapons that I didn't recall. I usually have a photographic memory, but in this case I must have been out of film. So kudos for remembering that. However, there wasn't any discussion at that time of the Mandalorian iron "stun/kill nets," which is really the only thing that troubles me (I'm not really concerned with the number or weight of the weapons, rather than just that one). It just seems like kind of an uncounterable and unreasonable weapon for anyone to have.

Jace Varitek

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Regarding Jabo'a Mereel's Profile
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz