MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Friday
10:09 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Clarification of Security (For Memorandums)
Clarification of Security
EchuuShinzonDate: Tuesday, 01 Dec 2009, 4:43 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I've always been led to believe that the security depiction of memorandums was more an illustration of whether or not the item was classified or open; as in how easy the item would be to hack. However, illustrated in the following post Senator Tiure replies directly to a Memorandum not directed to him, which makes me think that perhaps the security depiction of Memo's is not an indication of how easy it is to hack, but whether it's a public file that can readily be read by anyone (including civilians) on, say, the Holonet?

If the earlier is true, then would it not become apparently that Senator Tiure hacked the Justices "email" to get said Memo? Sorry for the confusion, I was wondering if anyone could clarify this point for me.

[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]
Echuu Shinzon
Ex-Jedi
Human

Message edited by EchuuShinzon - Tuesday, 01 Dec 2009, 4:44 PM

Jace_VaritekDate: Tuesday, 01 Dec 2009, 5:06 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
You're right in both cases. The most general classification of memos is either "Classified" or not. However, some may wish to go further by suggesting that a particular message is not only classified but also, if you will, especially classified, or rather encrypted in some additional fashion. This is largely up to the discretion of the player, because if a memo is in any way described as classified, as a manager I am inclined to uphold it as classified and even, usually, reject most attempts to slice into them (slicing is a very delicate point, as far as managing such things goes; the rule of thumb thus far has been that it requires having some infrastructure in place and, also, some hint that the slicing is taking place—a good example was New Republic Intelligence RPing out the construction of a secret listening post on Eriadu to intercept Imperial communications. Another good example; Trevor Page's listening in on Njon the Hutt's transmission on Nar Shaddaa, which is occurring now).

In the case of Forte and Jamulon, all of the memos in that thread thus far are described as "Open," or public. To me, it's reasonable in that case that the concerned parties and their lawyers would have access to these memos and be able to respond to them.

[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]
Jace Varitek
Manager, RPer
Handsome Man

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

EchuuShinzonDate: Tuesday, 01 Dec 2009, 5:29 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Awards: 0
And therein lied the confusion. I was under the assumption that "Open" stood for no encryption (easier to hack) but not necessarily open as, readable to all parties concerned (much as an e-mail needs to include cc: for other parties to receive it). Thank you for the clarification.

[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]--[+]
Echuu Shinzon
Ex-Jedi
Human

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » Clarification of Security (For Memorandums)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz