MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Wednesday
11:23 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » A Question to the Chair (In an open forum)
A Question to the Chair
Robert_NorthDate: Friday, 22 Oct 2010, 8:31 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Grand Vizier Pestage, I have been going over some of the less public laws of our fine government. In doing so, I have become...well, rather confused. During the early days of the Empire, the Emperor proclaimed an official state atheism. While perhaps inconsequential, I would like for you to answer a few questions for me.

1. What exactly does this make the official state standing towards the Force and its various churches of thought, such as Jedi or Sith?

2. How far does the Throne take this proclaimed atheism?

3. Depending on the wording, does this impact Emperor Palpatine's standing as Emperor, or Lord Vader's standing as Executor? Does this impact the legal standing and operations of the Inquisitors and other force sensitives the Empire may use?

4. If we are indeed an atheist state, and have been running down and eliminating all Force user groups, should the Sith not also be included in this effort?

5. If we are hunting down all Force users except the Sith, why is this exception being made?

I make this inquiry with all due respect. I merely wish to seek a better understanding of the law and proclamations of the Throne, for myself and others.

The Honorable R.C.W. North
Senator of Imperial Center
Chairman of the Internal Activities Committee

Mayor of the Galactic/Imperial City (22 BBY-18 BBY)

Sate_PestageDate: Saturday, 23 Oct 2010, 3:33 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0
1. The Force is an energy field that can be manipulated to a certain degree by certain individuals (including certain individuals within the Empire, for indeed, if our enemies can use the Force against us, so too must we be able to use it against them. The defense of the people necessitates this). The Force has no mystical significance, however; most belief systems, such as the Jedi, are flawed because they impose arbitrary codes and customs upon a phenomena that science can adequately explain without such codes and customs. We find these objectionable for two reasons; 1.) Imperial society is based on laws, which form the basis of what is and is not acceptable behavior. It is the law, not the church or the monastery, that makes these distinctions. 2.) These codes and customs impede a scientific understanding of the universe and its varied phenomena, and it is the professed goal of the Empire to encourage innovation and research through the promotion of scientific understanding among its people.

2. All religions have in common the mistaken belief that there is a power greater than the Empire. All religions, thus, are frowned upon. However, some religious belief is benign; the Empire does not concern itself with this sort, as long as it is practiced in private and makes no forays into politics or policy. The Empire, however, opposes any and all state support of religion. The Old Republic's support of the Jedi has made clear to us the folly of this. And, of course, the Empire will pursue with prejudice any religious order that professes or practices beliefs that are destructive of the Empire, its policies, or its principles. The Jedi and the Fallanassi are examples of this sort.

3. I have known His Majesty for many years and have not inquired about his religious beliefs. However, the answers I have given you thus far should demonstrate, to those who doubt, that His Majesty's religious beliefs (has he any) have not influenced his rule, which, as ever, has been benevolent and just. I believe I have already addressed your other point; the Empire has enemies that would use the Force against its people. It is necessary, thus, that the Empire retain a certain number of individuals who are capable of using the Force in defense of the people. This includes those you have mentioned: Lord Vader, the Inquisitors, etc.

4. and 5. I take exception to the characterization of the Empire as "hunting down all Force users except the Sith." This is not true. The Inquisitors are not Sith, nor are the Prophets of the Dark Side with whom the Empire has a working relationship. Moreover, though, "Sith" is a vague term that, historically, has comprised many different belief systems. To the extent that either His Majesty or Lord Vader identify themselves as "Sith" (and, I repeat, I have not inquired on this matter and do not feel that I need to) it clearly does not interfere with their duties to the state. Whatever their religious beliefs may be (have they any), they are not "destructive of the Empire, its policies, or its principles," to use the description I gave you a moment ago. They are also not supported by the state in the way that, say, the Jedi were supported by the Old Republic. I would point out to the Senator that this is not a "Sith Empire," as have existed in the past.

I believe I have answered you to the best of my ability, and I hope I have satisfied you. If not, I would suggest directing any further questions to Lord Vader or the Inquisitorius.

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Message edited by Sate_Pestage - Saturday, 23 Oct 2010, 3:51 AM

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » A Question to the Chair (In an open forum)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz