MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Wednesday
8:47 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Motion for a Public Apology
Motion for a Public Apology
Ambassador_BaalDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 0:26 AM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Senators and Representatives. I come here today seeking what the people of the Federation believe and have voiced to the Dominion Federation Council as their right, that Mr. Stark should with no haste, apologize for insulting the Dominion Law Enforcement personnel, three of which who have since passed from their injuries. Not only was it appalling that he would openly insult the men and women of law enforcement, yet to do so when three of the twenty injured had passed due to their injuries has since caused unneeded duress and pain to the families that had already lost their loved ones. It is for these people that we seek this motion and it is not only the opinion of the Dominion Federation Council, it is the opinion of the citizens of the Dominion Federation that Mr. Stark should apologize for his thoughtless and careless words that showed utter disdain and disrespect to authority.

Ambassador Baal
Dominion Federation

Toben-DomonDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 2:04 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Let me see if I understand this correctly, Ambassador. You want a private citizen to offer you and your people an apology for what exactly? From the statement issued by Mr. Stark, I see an observation made stating that people can be hurt if they don't read the proper instructions first when dealing with weapons. I also see an observation stating that a lack of common sense can lead to people being injured, as can user error. However, I do not see anywhere within his statement anything calling out ineptitude upon the Dominion Federation's law enforcement or otherwise calling them down.

That being said, can we even impose a forced apology on a private citizen who does not actually stand within the Senate?

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Senator_CambristDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 11:55 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
Mr. Stark is the Lord of the Kinyov Province, and hence a part of Lorrd's government. Lorrd's senator read the man's statement here in the Senate. Moreover, considering Mr. Stark's publicity stunts such as his foray into vigilantism during the recent droid uprising on Imperial Center, he is very much a public figure. I don't think it's inappropriate to demand an apology. Attributing the deaths of these three men to "user error" is one thing, but saying they have no "common sense" is another. For the disrespect shown to the officers involved in this tragedy, I second the motion.

Roman_LekpinDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 6:47 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
I am against this motion. From Lord Stark's statement, I cannot assess that he attributed a lack of common sense to the law enforcement personnel of the Dominion Federation. The statement of 'User error, or lack of common sense, is most often why any person gets hurt,' is, I feel, a broad description in any accident and not specifically targeting these unfortunate people.

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Sate_PestageDate: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 1:06 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
The measure is tied at this time. Any additional votes, Senators?

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Roman_LekpinDate: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 5:11 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
With this suggestion having been open for some time now and no further response, I move we close this out.

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

Sate_PestageDate: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 8:52 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
It's tied, Senator.

Sate Pestage

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 1:01 PM | Message # 8
Colonel general
Awards: 3
I am not entirely convinced that Mr. Starks comments were directed at the law enforcement personnel of the Dominion Federation either. It seemed like a very broad statement that could have been directed at anyone. In truth, accidents happen, and without some sort of neutral inquiry (which seems like an unnecessary expense), that the accident(s) could have indeed been use errors.

Also, is it the senates responsibility to settle disagreements between private parties now?

Needless to say, Chandrila votes against.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

LomenRyuunDate: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 1:09 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
Lorrd is our trade partner and ally in some regards, but this seems to pertain to Alyn Stark, a figure I am growing more than a little tired of seeing brought up within the Senate, especially after he departed it. If the DomFed, as Representative Lekpin coined them, or perhaps to call them the VerDomFed in Druckenwellian parlance, feels Stark insulted their people then settle it out of the Senate.

Frankly, I don't care either way if the man owes and apology or not. This entire premise is quite laughable. However, the Senate does have more pressing business to settle.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Senator_CambristDate: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 3:22 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
Senator Lekpin read Mr. Stark's statement here in the Senate. If you're "tired of seeing [him] brought up within the Senate," Senator Ryuun, I hope your exasperation is directed at Senator Lekpin. The Ambassador of the Dominion Federation had never mentioned Mr. Stark—it was Senator Lekpin who invited the man back into the Senate vis-à-vis his own words. It's entirely proper to respond to the offending remark in the same forum in which it was made.

Sate_PestageDate: Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013, 10:46 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
With apparently no further arguments either for or against it, the motion is defeated with 33% in favor and 67% opposed.

Sate Pestage

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Motion for a Public Apology
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz