MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Wednesday
5:56 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Defense Committee Statement on Lorrd
Defense Committee Statement on Lorrd
Bernard_OrielDate: Sunday, 09 Dec 2012, 9:53 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
The Senate Planetary Defense Committee is concerned at the conflict between the Lorrd System and the Auril System. We call for calm from all parties involved and urge a de-escalation and moderation from all sides. We make no judgement upon the possible legal arguments for or against the conflict, but it is apparent that whatever the cause there now is a conflict and we must do everything within our power to prevent or mitigate any further violence.

The Committee thanks Alsakan for it's speedy firefighting and offers of aid to Lorrd and urges it complies with all rules too

It is the fervent hope of the Committee that the conflict can be resolved through diplomatic means rather than through the effusion of blood, all sides are urged to read and take note of all rules and laws of Interplanetary Warfare before commencing any action of any kind, and obeying the traditional standards applied as well as adhering at all times to Imperial Law in general.

The Committee extends thanks to the Imperial Kanz Sector Government for it's swift intervention, and congratulates it for efficiently rectifying what appeared to be deficient in the policing of the Sector in recent months after the recent wave of raids by pirates across the region.

Bernard Oriel
Senator for the Planet of Vjun
1st Earl Malreaux (Second Creation)
Vjun Delegation to the Imperial Senate

Augusta_AureliusDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 0:01 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 0
In Favor.

As an aside, having prior diplomatic relations with both Lorrd and the Auril Sector, I offer my services as an mediator for an diplomatic summit.

Augusta Aurelius
Queen Conosrt of Deralia
Chair of the Human Rights Monitoring and Crisis Resolution Sub-Committee of the Planetary Defense Committee

Senator of Deralia and the Tammuz Sector (30 BBY - 18 BBY, 10 BBY - Present)

Roman_LekpinDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 2:10 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Lorrd is in favor. We plan to take no offensive against the Auril System and instead intend to focus on rebuilding the forces we've lost.

Roman Lekpin
Representative, Lorrd (11 BBY-10 BBY) (9 BBY-Present)
Chosen of House Garth

LomenRyuunDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 2:36 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Awards: 1
Druckenwell is fully in favor of this as well. Representative Lekpin, know that Druckenwell will be sending aid to Lorrd in your time of need and we will continue to assist you for as long as you wish us present.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Toben-DomonDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 2:37 AM | Message # 5
Major general
Sluis Van pledges the same as Druckenwell, in this tragic event. Our hearts go out to those lives lost by the Lorrdian Defense Forces and their families.

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Verence_TerrawinDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 3:33 AM | Message # 6
Major general
Alsakan will continue to offer humanitarian aid to all that it is able to help on Lorrd, and is willing and able to provide hospital beds and immediate assistance from our nearby ships. We condemn any plans for further inflammation of the conflict ongoing and will react strongly and robustly to military force being used to escalate this conflict even further.

It seems Lorrd is perfectly safe from all attacks at any rate, since the Moff's Sector Fleet just does exactly what it orders to enforce their airspace. Rights or wrongs of the situation aside, I think it's a pretty scary situation where a Military Officer feels that is in his mandate to stop a conflict between two worlds for no compelling reason - warfare is a regretful item but I don't think the Senate delegated the right to simply enforce peace between two parties - where is any hint of impartiality?

If civilians were being threatened then sure I can see it being reasonable. If atrocities were being undertaken, then I can see it could be reasonable. But some small ships attacking a battlestation of a hostile world and it's ships? What right does either party have to expect the Empire to "leap in" and effectively prevent the winning side from winning? No, if two Imperial powers decide to contest by arms, it is their right to do so without Imperial interference.

Yes, the Galactic Empire policies the spaceways, but I'm uncomfortable with individual worlds bringing in Imperial Navy ships and breaking the law by having them serve a power outside of their command structure.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan
First Lord of the Foreign Office, Alsakan

Roman_LekpinDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 8:33 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
Lorrd graciously thanks Alsakan for their kind offer, but also just as gracefully refuses the offer of aid. Alsakan was named as allies of the Auril Sector during the conversation recorded by ship logs and as such, Lorrd would rather have aid from its known allies in the form of Druckenwell and Sluis Van.

Furthermore, Lorrd did not request an Imperial response from the sector capital; simply mitigation of the dispute from the Sector Moff.

Roman Lekpin
Chosen of House Garth

Verence_TerrawinDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 9:47 AM | Message # 8
Major general
A man bears no responsibility for what other men say about him. Perhaps they mistook out offer to aid in evacuating people as an alliance? who knows.

Either way, the favouritism rumoured in the Kanz Sector is now out on display for all to see. Let the Galaxy judge if it is appropriate that Lorrd and its houses get constant preferential treatment from the Imperial Moff - and I don't say this because I have an interest fiscally or militarily in the sector, but because I am seeing yet another case of rank corruption from officials I would expect better of. Shame.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan

Artemis_VandenDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 10:46 AM | Message # 9
Major general
Senator Lekpin, I implore you to accept Senator Terrawin's offer of aid. If not for Lorrd, then for the benighted Vianist people who've been hounded into poor conditions on Lorrd II. Alsakan, it seems, is not as willing to forsake these citizens of Lorrd, these sons and daughters of your world, as Lorrd itself is—please, Sir, don't stand in Alsakan's way. Have some compassion. Cannot Lorrd be satisfied at having rid itself of Vianists without additionally dooming to a life of squalor, hunger, and poor medical care those Vianists who escaped your purges? (And mind you, while I don't accept Mr. Cynum's flimsy excuse for war, he protests that the poor conditions on Lorrd II were his reason for acting as he did. One hopes a lesson could be learned here). Will Lorrd abide this celestial refugee crisis in its heavens?

I'm grateful for Alsakan's involvement, though I disagree with Senator Terrawin in that I applaud Moff Shirnoq for having intervened. It's an unfortunate sign of the times in the Kanz Sector that for the Empire to put a stop to interplanetary war amounts to preferential treatment, rather than the standard policy and practice, but wherever and whenever it occurs I applaud it.

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Verence_TerrawinDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 2:50 PM | Message # 10
Major general
I don't particularly object to the Empire stopping the fighting if that was their intention.

Deploying fighters at the say so of the Lorrdian Government to intercept what were clearly identified as passive medical and humanitarian delivery shuttles and firing warning shots at them is hostile and improper. I simply cannot fathom why the Empire would be so supplicant and obedient to the commands of a petty planetary Government.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan

Roman_LekpinDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 3:17 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
For your sake, Representative Vanden, I will consult with the Ruling Houses about allowing the Alsakan ships to remove the Vianists from Lorrd II. Contrary to popular belief, the primary Vianist temple is on Lorrd II; it is hardly a life of squalor and a true penal colony as many assume. Lorrd II contains a small city that is capable of sustaining life in some numbers.

If Chairman Pestage is willing to allow the Vianists a relocation to take them off of Lorrdian hands, then I will acquiesce to his decision.

Roman Lekpin
Chosen of House Garth

Senator_OrdanDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 3:19 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant general
Did I hear you correctly Senator Lekpin, you've allowed them to keep a temple to their proscribed religion?

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Roman_LekpinDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 3:38 PM | Message # 13
Colonel
Short of bombardment from orbit, there's very little that would uproot it. Hence, why we deported all Vianists to Lorrd II with intent to solve the problem from there. The Ruling Houses have already met on the issue of the temple itself; demolition is, of course, the only deciding factor, but with the Vianists concentrated on Lorrd II, it seemed easier to contain them rather than follow the example of the Sipsk'ud and simply slaughter them all.

Roman Lekpin
Chosen of House Garth

Sate_PestageDate: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 1:30 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Senator Terrawin is called to order for accusing an Imperial Moff of corruption--baselessly, it would seem. Additionally, Alsakan is not permitted to transport these people out of the Kanz Sector. However, this is not at-issue as I've understood this debate. On the table is the delivery of aid to Vianist refugees on Lorrd II, is it not? It's dreadfully premature for this sort of talk, Senators. I, for one, am confident the Moff of the Kanz Sector can assess the conditions on Lorrd II and provide any aid that is necessary and consistent with his decree on the Vianist question, which the Ruling Council supports. Moff Shirnoq certainly has a right to order Alsakan's ships out of his sector in the meantime, whether Alsakan approves of him or not.

Shall we move on, Senators? This is simply a statement from the Defense Committee, not a measure up for a vote (though I'm sure Chairman Oriel appreciates the affirmations from Senators Aurelius, Lekpin, and Ryuun).

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Defense Committee Statement on Lorrd
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz