MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
2:17 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Avadrie
Avadrie
Avadrie_volFyrDate: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 9:33 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I read that Sith Spells aren't allowed except by management approval.

I would like to request that Avadrie have access to basic Sith spells, as a dabbler in the dark arts and a 'witch' of sorts. Considering her potential position as a Senator, she isn't going to be running around casting wild and ostentatious or overly powerful spells on anyone, but rather stuff along the lines of simple charms and illusions, to fit with the nature of her teacher who had been a fringe follower of the ancient Krath religion.

If to get this approved, I need to provide a more specific list and explanation of the spells I'd like her to have access to, I would be more than happy to.

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Jace_VaritekDate: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 4:15 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I'm notoriously stingy on this sort of thing but the request is so reasonable and well explained in your profile I think I'm actually okay with it. I would indeed prefer a list of specific spells Avadrie is able to do, however. Also, I would recommend she keep this on the down low, so to speak; that is, it'd be a good idea not to use these spells in public or in the Senate, or else Palpatine and the Inquisitors might start asking questions. Is this okay? (Also, please do choose an image for your character soon. Once you do, I can help set up an avatar if you'd like).

Jace Varitek
Manager/Administrator from January 2003 to Present
My recent posts here, pre-2009 archives here

"When my information changes, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"
—John Maynard Keynes

Furthermore, a dancing Wookiee:

Karth_DeQoraDate: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 6:03 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Awards: 1
Before I cast judgement, I would also like a list of the "spells" your character has knowledge of.

Man, Myth, Administrative God. Also plays a mean kazoo.
Jace Varitek: In Northern California we just have gangs of vigilante interior decorators.

OrionKarathDate: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 11:26 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
I too, to join the party, would like a list, please and thank you.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 8:20 AM | Message # 5
Major general
Avadrie's Krath Spell List

Sense Force - Allows her to sense the Force in a specific place, and if it is light or dark. This is more of a divination spell, a 'finding' spell if you will rather than what a typical Jedi be thought of when 'sensing the force'. Think a map with a focus hanging from a string in her hand as she chants and tries to find out where there might, maybe, potentially be a Jedi hideout for example. It is limited in scope and range, use to perhaps narrow down what neighborhood the force activity might be in, rather than searching for it from a whole world away.
Telepathy - Project thoughts and feelings to another person. In keeping with the spirit of a Krath tradition, this is a two part process. First Avadrie creates a charm that the person in question will have to carry with them. As long as that person has the charm on their person, she can project her general emotions and simple 1-3 word messages to them. This is a one way street however, and they can't communicate back.
Dark Voice - Implant Suggestions, unlike the Jedi Mind Trick this too isn't a point of attack type ability. This is a spell that more often than not is aimed at a person who is sleeping. In a subliminal message type manner, the idea might be placed in someone's subconscious that voting for a certain bill is a good idea. She more often uses this spell to incite lust and desire in a male that she needs to manipulate, so later once the stage has been set - the male doesn't really understand why he's having the dreams he's having or why she seems so appealing, which makes him putty in her hands.
Memory Wipe - Wipe a single, specific event from a subdued victim's mind. The event has to be fresh, generally within the last week, she isn't good enough for it to be a particularly powerful memory and she has to have the victim in a compromised or otherwise sedated manner. It requires physical contact and several hours, so even a merely sleeping victim isn't a good target for this.
Illusion - Manifest images that appear completely real to those that see them. These are limited in a direct relationship to the amount of time and focus she is able to give to maintaining the spell. It is also a spell that she can prepare in the morning and then unlike her other spells use in a more spontaneous manner, but when used as such it is very limited. For example, casting a shadow off to the side just so that someone thinks they saw something over there would be about the extent of this when used spontaneously. A more developed and larger illusion would causing a small child or other obstacle to appear out of thin air in front of a speeding vehicle. She would have to have line of sight and complete concentration to pull this off however, and that is currently the extent of her ability.

*A note about Avadrie's use of the Force
She isn't classically trained as a Jedi and her teacher wasn't a true Krath, more a devoted sycophant than anything else. While she is able to use push and pull (and other basic force powers) She isn't skilled with them like a padawan or knight of her age would be. She is by and large, an amateur. Some of her spells may appear to be basic force powers, and indeed they are but the manner in which she uses them is what sets them apart. The ancient Sith and the Krath after that referred to many of their powers as spells and evoked them through ritual, which is what Avadrie has learned to do for the above spell list.

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

OrionKarathDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 1:48 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
APPROVE

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 5:47 PM | Message # 7
Major general
And I've chosen an image for my character, I'll be using Eva Green as a model for her. I would love help with crafting an avatar, thank you!

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

BairdDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 7:53 PM | Message # 8
Major general
Awards: 2
I know I'm not allowed to post here, but I figured I'd be of some assistance while I'm on and no other management is. Don't hate players.

Anyways here ya go ma'am.

Unless you would like a different picture, then let me or the managers know. Me in a message, and the manager's here. smile

Just save it, and work set it as your avatar through the profile thing click on Logged in as "Name here" and follow it from there.

Commander in the Grand Army of the Republic (Former)
Friend of the oppressed.
Liberator of the enthralled.
Damian Baird.

Message edited by Baird - Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 7:56 PM

Karth_DeQoraDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 7:56 PM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Mmkay then, I vote to APPROVE.

Jace Varitek: In Northern California we just have gangs of vigilante interior decorators.

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Friday, 08 Jul 2011, 6:15 AM | Message # 10
Major general
Um, Baird the picture you have in your post says 'invalid image' and I can't see it in the post. Am I doing something wrong?

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Message edited by Avadrie_volFyr - Friday, 08 Jul 2011, 6:15 AM

BairdDate: Friday, 08 Jul 2011, 2:34 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Awards: 2
Try using the URL.

Account editing

If that doesn't work. Then we'll have Jace work his magic.

Commander in the Grand Army of the Republic (Former)
Friend of the oppressed.
Liberator of the enthralled.
Damian Baird.

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Saturday, 09 Jul 2011, 7:39 AM | Message # 12
Major general
I tried using the URL and it says that Avatars can only be a certain size, so that one must be too large. Thanks anyways though! I appreciate it.

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Karth_DeQoraDate: Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 12:47 PM | Message # 13
Colonel general

Try that.

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 3:40 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
¡Que disastre! Let me help, people.

Here's a bit more selection for you. No offense to Baird, but I think the quality of these is just ever so slightly better than his, in my opinion.

The easiest way to set any of these as your avatar is to save it to your desktop, then click "Upload your own avatar..." on your settings. Once that's done, you're all set and you can delete the original from your desktop.

Hope that helps! And I look forward to RPing with you.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Jace_VaritekDate: Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 3:41 PM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
P.S. It's amusing how my avatar in that post looks like it's leering at those other avatars.

Jace Varitek

—John Maynard Keynes

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Avadrie
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz