MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Tuesday
7:42 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Empress Teta Sector Fleet
Empress Teta Sector Fleet
Avadrie_volFyrDate: Friday, 25 Nov 2011, 11:56 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
First off I want to point out that I have very little experience with ships, so bear with me if I seem a bit stupid at times.

On the legitimate side of Empress Teta's intent to commission a fleet of ships for sector defense.

1) Its to provide a position for Prince Raphael Damar from this thread to placate his seditious intent by giving him a position of considerable power as the Empress Teta Fleet Admiral. Granted, the NPCs history doesn't really justify a command as lofty sounding, but being royalty would have its privileges. I had considered making the Prince a full fledged new character, or opening it to a casting call of sorts, but with the character's romantic tie to Avadrie in the past, I didn't want to have someone else play it and get way into that part of the character's history, and since I really intend to keep the fleet and this character more as plot devices than anything else I'm keeping the character as an NPC that I control.

2) Avadrie has every intent of making Empress Teta appear to be a good and dutiful, loyal world/sector. Her justification that its to alleviate the strain put on the Imperial forces in the sector is legitimate enough a consideration. Also, given as many times as planets have been sending fleets at eachother, Avadrie has recognized the need for her world to have its own defenses just in case.

3) The scale of the fleet. I'm not thinking Star Destroyers or anything like that. As stated in her announcement to the Senate, its for the primary defense of tradelanes. If there are invading battle ship types, she'd assume the Imperial fleet would be summoned. So I'm thinking at most cruiser sized ships. Given she already has the Star Petal, a Consular Class Cruiser(its two separate links for convenience), I was thinking that it would be simplest for the Empress Teta fleet to be comprised of several of this type of ship.

I found this on there, the Charger c70 retrofit.

So my first thought is to have maybe 6 of these, but I read that one of these was able to hold off what sounds like 2 big Separatists ships long enough to fire off escape pods, so maybe 6 is too many for a sector fleet? I don't know. I was looking at the fleets but I'm not really sure how to gauge the relative strength of the ships against each other.

I was also thinking that I wanted the fleet to have some kind of starfighter component, but there aren't any canon modifications for the Consular to hold starfighters, but maybe the request could be for 4 of the Consulars as the c70 retrofits, and then the other 2 with modified salon pods to hold 4 fighter sized ships?

Then my thinking that the fleet could be split into 2 or 3 task forces to monitor the 3 tradelines, or mass together to defend the sector if attacked. What do you think? I'm really looking for advice on this, I'm not sure at all.

This request would put the entire force at 7 ships (including the unmodified Star Petal which is Ava's unarmed diplomatic vessel).

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

OrionKarathDate: Saturday, 26 Nov 2011, 0:29 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
Give me a little time to look this over, should have something soon for you.

Orion Karath
Manager from June 2009 to Present, Administrator from December 2011 to Present
My posts here, pre-2009 archives here

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Saturday, 26 Nov 2011, 3:32 PM | Message # 3
Major general
I'm just continuing to research and fine tune my request, not at all trying to rush you or anything. I've just got the fleet bug now!

My two themes for the Empress Teta fleet is sleek/pretty and old republic/clone wars hand me downs. The scale is also capped at cruiser/frigate classes, because its for dealing with piracy and smuggling ostensibly, so there would be no need for a battleship class in the fleet. Wookiepedia says that the Cardan II's are relatively weak, but since there is already the Imperial Deep Core security force, they would only need to hold out against a concerted frigate/corvette attack by themselves for so long before Imperial help could be summoned so there'd be little need for anything larger - and they are big enough to maintain the Consulars.

Starfighter Component
Clone Z-95 Headhunter
BTL-B Y Wing Starfighter

Capital Ship Component
Consular Class Cruiser Charger c70 retrofit*

Space Station Component
Cardan II-Class Space Station

Requested Amounts
36 Headhunters
12 Y Wings
6 Consular Class "Chargers"*
3 Cardan Class II Space Stations

Disposition and Arrangement of Forces
A space station would be placed at each of the Empress Teta sector entry points of the Daragon Trail, Carbonite Run and Koros Trunk Line.
12 Headhunters would be assigned to each station
3 Y Wings would be assigned to each station
2 Cruisers would be assigned to each station

*The cruisers would be modified with an external rack capable of carrying 2 Headhunters, the Carrack Light Cruiser is 350 meters and has a rack capable of holding 5 starfighters, so the 115 meter Consular should be able to handle 2 fighters, the rack would be located where the salon pod usually is on the Consular class.

Oh, and these ships would all be purchased from the Imperial Surplus, Inc.

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Message edited by Avadrie_volFyr - Saturday, 26 Nov 2011, 11:15 PM

OrionKarathDate: Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 11:53 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
As a note, "hold off" is a correct statement on the event I believe is in question; that is if by "hold off" you mean being docked in the relative security of a Venator Star Destroyer and launching escape pods just before its destruction, then yes... one of them can hold off heavies.

In regards to the Star Petal, I am not regarding it as a vessel of Empress Teta's in relativity to this request. It has no combat application, and its been an assumed unwritten rule since we've started back on A Galaxy at War, that worlds and governments have several support craft and transports which do not require request or approval unless their explicit use in offensive, and usually defensive, warfare occurs. Seeing as that is unlikely to ever be the Star Petal's case, don't worry about it.

While their name is misleading, the Consular-class is more of a Corvette type of vessel, rather than Cruiser. Would there be something heavier you were interested in? If anything, to act as flags of these task forces and complement the Consulars? I see no problem with any of this, but I want to be sure you're not being mislead by the misnomer of the Consular-class.

Orion Karath

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Saturday, 03 Dec 2011, 3:16 AM | Message # 5
Major general
Um, I'll look around? Like I said I'm pretty helpless when it comes to this. I want sleek, pretty and Old Republic styled if that brings anything to mind.

Could I add

2 Victory Class Star Destroyers

and

3 Hammerhead Class Cruiser

I know the Star Destroyer's might be a little big, but I picked them because they are from the Clone Wars, kinda sleek, not as pretty as I'd like, and the description sounds like they aren't too powerful and they were sold in large numbers to planetary governments. I think for an entire sector that had a world that rivaled Coruscant, 2 wouldn't be too much especially considering they are older models. And I wouldn't want the ground component of the SDs, (the AT-STs and all that)

The 3 Hammerheads seem ancient too, but the site said that versions of them were still in service for at least 3,000 years after the originals, so maybe these ones are very late models of them, refurbished, etc?

That would put the fleet at

36 Headhunters
12 Y Wings
6 Consular Class "Chargers"
3 Hammerhead Cruisers
2 Victory Class Star Destroyers
3 Carden Class 2 Space Stations

Added (30 Nov 2011, 11:12 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I'm just adding another post to clean up the request and have the list and links and disposition all on one note.

36 Clone Z-95 Headhunters
12 BLT-B Y-Wing Starfighters
3 Hammerhead Class Cruisers
1 Victory I Class Star Destroyers
3 Cardan II-Class Space Stations

Disposition of Forces
The Z-95's would be split into three 12 fighter squadrons each assigned to one of the space stations.
The Y-Wings would split into three 4 fighter flights each assigned to one of the space stations.
2 Consular Chargers would be assigned to each space station.
1 Hammerhead would be assigned to each space station.
The Star Destroyer would be stationed in Empress Teta's orbit and would routinely patrol between the three stations.
1 space station would be placed at the Tetan sector entry point for each of the three hyperspace routes coming in/out.

Other Notes

• This arrangement would remove the fighter racks from the Chargers that I'd originally requested
  • If patrols were made of the trade routes by the Tetan fleet, the Hammerhead at the patrolling station would function as the carrier for the starfighter component of the patrol
  • The Star Destroyer would be requested without the ground complement, instead with added hangar space to be able to hold all 48 fighters if necessary

Added (03 Dec 2011, 3:16 AM)
---------------------------------------------
36 Clone Z-95 Headhunters
12 BLT-B Y-Wing Starfighters
3 Messens Corporation SCT Scout Craft
1 Indomitable Class Command Carrier
3 Cardan II-Class Space Stations
2 Pelta-Class Frigates (unarmed medical version)

I have a question, instead of adding a heavier frigate/cruiser type class to the fleet, would it be reasonable to add more Y-Wings? As far as I can tell by looking at other fleets, and reading on wookie, this should be plenty to deal with pirate fleets.

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Message edited by Avadrie_volFyr - Wednesday, 30 Nov 2011, 10:21 AM

OrionKarathDate: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 10:37 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Let me talk to Karth on this. We've had an unwritten rule about "ancient" designs; I just want to make sure we have a consensus on whether to keep this precedent established or to deviate from it. Otherwise, consider everything but the Indomitable with a provisional APPROVE vote from me. I apologize for not being of much help on this, unlike what I wanted to; the past couple of days of work consisted of early and long shifts. I like what you've come up with here, though.

Orion Karath

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 2:20 AM | Message # 7
Major general
Ok, if I can't have the Indomitable, would a Victory I Class Star Destroyer be ok instead?

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

OrionKarathDate: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 10:10 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Incidentally, in my exhausted stupor the other night, I forgot to mention that support ships (i.e. the Pelta-class Medical Frigate) aren't required to be requested, since they have no combat application. I also didn't realize you were request three space stations for some reason, so unless you want to talk me into it, we're going to go with one for now.

APPROVE!

■ Victory I-class Star Destroyer
■ 6 Charger c70 Refit Consular-class Cruisers
■ 3 Scout Craft
■ 12 BTL-B Y-Wing Starfighters
■ 36 Clone Z-95 Headhunters
■ Cardan-II Space Station

Orion Karath

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Sunday, 11 Dec 2011, 9:38 AM | Message # 9
Major general
I'm removing the SCT craft from this request. Just found on Wikipedia that they were released just before the Battle of Yavin, 10 years from now in the game.

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

OrionKarathDate: Sunday, 18 Dec 2011, 0:21 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
Totally was dropping the ball on fact-checking around this timeframe, apologies..

APPROVED
■ Victory I-class Star Destroyer
■ 6 Charger c70 Refit Consular-class Cruisers
■ 12 BTL-B Y-Wing Starfighters
■ 36 Clone Z-95 Headhunters
■ Cardan-II Space Station

Orion Karath

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » Post a Request » Empress Teta Sector Fleet
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz