Tuesday
8:44 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » A Senatorial Candidate from Empress Teta
A Senatorial Candidate from Empress Teta
Avadrie_volFyrDate: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 9:29 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
The previous Senator from the Empress Teta system had been a kind, elderly man. A holdover from the days of the Republic, but due to his nature had simply kept out of any controversy and just continued to do his job to represented the constituents of his system. It was because of this that he was easily forgotten, and those Senators who didn't do the best job of tracking their peers might have not even truly registered his existence.

It no longer mattered of course, as early in the morning there was a Senatorial candidate to be announced for approval by the Senate from the Empress Teta system. The capital city of Cinnagar located on the world of Empress Teta itself, was known to rival Imperial Center itself for splendor and world spanning development, not to mention high fashion and philosophy.

A key difference between Empress Teta and Imperial Center, was that despite the Emperor's New Order, it had in a large part maintained its multi-cultural tendencies. Obviously, it made serious concessions to the laws and guidelines put forth by Imperial Law, but it still maintained its own distinct flavor.

The would be Senator appeared to be a young human woman with hair as dark as a moonless night, the shoulder length hair framed her face nicely, accentuating the contrast between her dark hair and porcelain pale skin. Her dress was dark green, setting off her glittering green eyes as she gave one of her attendants, who appeared to be speaking a few words of encouragement to her just before she spoke. She was announced by the master at arms as her podium went to the center; as her podium came to a stop, she took a moment to smooth her dress down in front of her, perhaps giving off an appearance of mild anxiety. The front of her dress was modestly cut, revealing only enough to show the tear drop shaped white stone that hung from a necklace around her neck.

"It is my great honor to appear before this august body to announce my nomination to represent the Empress Teta system to the Imperial Senate. My name is Avadrie volFyr." She paused, giving a winning smile as she flashed her pristine white teeth while she glanced around the chamber.

"I understand that I may seem young to be a Senator, or perhaps too inexperienced. I invite you to review my credentials, as well as the recommendation of my system's previous Senator, that I be appointed to this position." Her voice was calm and controlled, speaking in the controlled cadence of someone who had been bred all their life to speak in front of the gathered leaders of the Empire, which indeed she had. Growing up a noble scion in the Empress Teta system had sentenced her to school after school in which she was taught and trained in all manners of bureaucracy, politics and courtly life.

Her credentials were made available in an electronic format for the Senators to review and consider as they deemed fit.

-Youngest daughter of the respected Empress Teta noble volFyr family, orphaned due to a tragic accident at a young age
-Her childhood education and teen years spent at schools within her system, known for providing an excellent education in galactic politics, bureaucratic process and diplomacy.
-A graduate of the prestigious University of Koros Major, rivaling any institution of higher learning found in the Core.
-2 years spent as an aide to the previous Senator, as well as bearing his recommendation

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Exar_RayDate: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 2:50 PM | Message # 2
Major general
I have a question for you, Miss volFyr... assuming that you are voted into this body of Galactic Senators... what agendas do you wish to see pass? Where do your views stand with the galaxies' current situations. I understand this question is a big generalization, but I do like to know how your abilities as a Senator will better the Empire and the galaxy.

Slai-FonDate: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 4:54 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
The Senator from Anobis sat at his section of the imperial senate, reading the young ladies credential's. "Well you certainty are a young one, but I do believe their has been younger in the senate. And I would also like to know how you feel about Alien Senator's. I'm sure you know about the Human High Culture being in effect, but I'd still like to get your opinion on other races. If you would be so kind."

Slai-Fon Youngblood, Senator of Anobis, and the Bright Jewel sector
Chairman of ISEC (Imperial Senate Ethic's Committee.)
Chairman & CEO of K/Y deep.

Eli_FitzgeraldDate: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 9:20 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Awards: 1
I'm also interested in your answers to these questions, but pending any troubling revelations I have no objection and I welcome you. The people of Empress Teta are similar in disposition to those of Ralltiir, and your qualifications suggest to me you'll be an eloquent voice for them here in the Senate, and a forceful one, I hope.

Eli Fitzgerald
Senator of Ralltiir (10 BBY—Present)

"I was elected to do some flamethrowing in the Senate. To a light a fire under those Senators and make it hot for them."

Janar_CerraDate: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 10:38 PM | Message # 5
Major general
I too am interested in the answers to the questions posed by Senator Slai-Fon and Senator Exay.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV
Acting Senator to the Republic, Garos IV

Toben-DomonDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 7:01 AM | Message # 6
Major general
I am especially interested to hear the answers on Human High Culture. But by all means, welcome to the Senate.

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 7:51 AM | Message # 7
Major general
She smiled demurely in an almost coy fashion as her first response to the questions posed by the Senators from Dantooine, Anobis, Ralltir, Garos IV and Sluis Van. It could be loosely described as flirtatious, but the more appropriate analogy would be to that of the girl who knows the boys are looking twice and doesn't mind at all.

"I will answer your questions in the order they were posed, my primary responsibility and agenda, if you will; is to serve the greatest good of the Empress Teta system and the Empire. That of course requires elaboration; I believe strongly in the principle that if I am to be a good leader I must be a better servant. A servant to my people, a servant to the Empire." She paused for a moment, taking a breath and looking back to Senator Ray with a gleam in her eyes.

"I believe in education, the greater availability of medicine, a flourishing economy, a strong and capable military led by a government whose main interest is the improved quality of life of its people. Always forward, never backwards. These are things that are made possible by the Empire. With strength comes the potential for greatness, and as long as the might of the Imperial military protects our skies from terrorists and whoever else that would do us harm, you will find me supporting ventures that encourage those I serve to better themselves and make for themselves a better life, and in turn a better galaxy and a stronger Empire."

"I feel that the retirement of the Clones is a good thing for the heart of the Empire. Let those with the skill and the potential to serve in the military do so, it is good for people to take a vested interest in their own defense, and it will provide jobs and careers for many that might not otherwise ever leave their home worlds. It will be a good thing."

"I understand the desire for planetary shields but I would urge those considering the expense and effort involved in such a venture to consider instead working on why they feel the need for the shield. The Imperial Navy rules the expanse of space and is more than capable of defending the worlds of the Empire. I would continue to suggest that perhaps the materials, capital and effort might be better spent on science, or perhaps a planetary medical system."

A smile.

"I don't want to bog down the Senate's daily proceedings by elaborating on all the issues present before the Senate, so please do ask if I did not speak on something you would like me to discuss, Senator Ray."

A heavier pause followed here. Those familiar with Empress Teta knew that no Senator from the system could completely dismiss non humans, there were simply too many of them in the system and sector, and were ingrained into the daily life. She sighed, looked down for a moment to gather herself and then once more regarded the Senate chamber with a serious set of her face.

"As I stand before you, I am obviously a human female. Yes, I was born into nobility. Yes, I have I attended excellent schools and had opportunities put before me afforded by the station of my dearly departed parents. However, my entire life I have had to prove my worth, my competence and skill because I am a woman. Perhaps other worlds are more open minded, or less male dominated but mine is not. I was born a woman by virtue of fate, and had to demonstrate my worth in a male dominated society. It is just the way things are sometimes, and so in regard to Human High Culture; despite what can be seen as a barrier, I hope that non humans will continue to do as so many have done throughout history, and prove themselves."

Her gaze moved to the other side, slowly sliding across the room. Her green eyes focused on Senator Fitzgerald and she flashed a smile just for him and his kind words about Empress Teta, and it would appear that her answers were complete.

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Message edited by Avadrie_volFyr - Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 7:52 AM

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 8:26 AM | Message # 8
Colonel general
I believe the Senator from the Empress Teta System has answered all of our questions and passed with flying colors. Telos IV would like to be the first one to welcome you into the Senate.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Titus_VeritasDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 1:12 PM | Message # 9
Colonel
Lady volFyr, you are a well-spoken young woman. Very articulate and very intelligent. I foresee a long career for you, in this Senate, as long as you maintain your wits, unlike some Senators and Representatives of late. I Approve of your entry into the Senate.

Viceroy Titus Veritas, House Veritas
Consul of the House of Lords

Former Senator of Deralia and the Tammuz Sector (50 BBY - 30 BBY, 18 BBY - 10 BBY)
Former Chairman of the Imperial Senate Defense Committee (18 BBY - 10 BBY)

Slai-FonDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 1:16 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
I hope you enjoy your tenure here in the imperial senate.

Slai-Fon Youngblood, Senator of Anobis, and the Bright Jewel sector
Chairman of ISEC (Imperial Senate Ethic's Committee.)
Chairman & CEO of K/Y deep.

Exar_RayDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 5:37 PM | Message # 11
Major general
I have nothing further. I vote to approve.

Janar_CerraDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 5:55 PM | Message # 12
Major general
Garos approves the new appointment for Empress Teta. Welcome.

Ja'nar Cerra
Queen of Garos IV
Acting Senator to the Republic, Garos IV

Senator_CambristDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 6:32 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant general
Awards: 6
Ms. volFyr, there has been a tendency among certain Senators recently to slander the reputation of the Empire with wild accusations of intimidation of innocent people, murder, and even genocide, with no basis in fact whatsoever. It has been called "Crionism" or "Mon Mothmism." Some of the Senators who have done this have, prior to having done so, appeared to be sensible individuals. Thus I am compelled to ask (though I am loathe to do so); do you share any of these alarmist opinions? It is my belief that this sort conduct from an Imperial Senator is not only shameful but irresponsible, too—it can cause alarm among the people and damage the credibility of the government. Do you agree with this, Ms. volFyr?

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 6:38 PM | Message # 14
Colonel general
Awards: 3
One would hope that she would not, Senator Cambrist. It is an unfortunate, but necessary question to have to ask.

Without the question posed being answered, Chandrila approves of the appointment of the Senator from Empress Teta.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Avadrie_volFyrDate: Friday, 08 Jul 2011, 6:10 AM | Message # 15
Major general
It would perhaps seem almost impossible for Avadrie volFyr to do anything but smile, but the round of approval votes and the last question from Senator Cambrist; she simply had to.

She wanted to bring to bear that the question itself was a paradox. If otherwise sensible people had developed such distaste for the Empire, and such a lack of respect for the need for proof of such atrocities; then what made her any less susceptible, or Senator Cambrist himself any less?

"As I said before Senator Cambrist, I am a servant first and foremost. Of my people, the Empire and the Emperor. I completely agree that such behavior, accusations and statements made in a public forum and not rooted in hard and irrefutable fact are highly irresponsible, and to say the least; dangerous. We are in a position of authority and high visibility, and are by virtue of our positions, role models." She tilted her head back and smiled as her dark locks swept from side to side as her head moved.

"A simple example of this is the gown I'm wearing. I imagine before too long, between the media and the holonet, my warddrobe will soon be a topic of much discussion and perhaps even emulated on my world. I did the same, when I was a young girl. To continue this, Senator Cambrist, were I to be the first to throw around accusations and claims of such behavior without proof, what kind of example would I be setting for my people and the Empire as a whole?" A pause held sway here as she looked back down, directly to Senator Cambrist.

"I have had no such evidence brought before me, and I do not hold any such views, I assure you." She smiled, and was done.

Lady Avadrie volFyr
Senator of Empress Teta
Defense Committee Member

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » A Senatorial Candidate from Empress Teta
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz