MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
3:57 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Sate_Pestage  
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Resolution on the Orvax IV Slave Fair
Resolution on the Orvax IV Slave Fair
Eli_FitzgeraldDate: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012, 11:46 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
I propose the following non-binding resolution and vote in favor.

Article I. The Senate calls upon the Empire to deploy forces to Orvax IV on the occasion of the planet's annual slave fair to disrupt and dismantle the illegal trade of slaves there.

Eli Fitzgerald
Senator of Ralltiir (10 BBY—Present)

"I was elected to do some flamethrowing in the Senate. To a light a fire under those Senators and make it hot for them."

Toben-DomonDate: Wednesday, 19 Sep 2012, 5:02 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Awards: 0
I am in favor of this measure.

Toben Domon
Senator, Sluis Van

Alyn_StarkDate: Wednesday, 19 Sep 2012, 7:54 AM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Awards: 2
Granted, of course, that slavery is allowed and approved of by the Empire within legal means, the Orvax IV slave fair is not supervised by the Empire and therefore, to my understanding, illegal. However, I do not see the Empire committing mass resources towards stopping it. Perhaps if certain planets were to come together to pool their own resources to combat this illegal activity?

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Senior Captain, Retired, Republic Navy
Head of House Malos (former)
Licensed bounty hunter
Majority shareholder, Lorrd Engineering
Owner, Stark Defense Conglomerate
Civilian Medal of Honor recipient
Representative, Lorrd (10 BBY-9 BBY)

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Wednesday, 19 Sep 2012, 2:44 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Awards: 3
Chandrila votes in favor. Thank you Senator Fitzgerald.

Ilanah R. Thanatos
Senator of Chandrila

Sate_PestageDate: Thursday, 20 Sep 2012, 7:05 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
This is not Imperial policy. The Empire won't shut down a multi-billion credit event where honest, fully-licensed slavers conduct their trade. Are there also unlicensed slavers at the Orvax IV slave festival? Perhaps, but this is a matter for the proper authorities on Orvax IV to handle, not the Empire nor any other Imperial world—Ralltiir and Lorrd have no more a right to "disrupt and dismantle" a festival on Orvax IV than Orvax IV has to do so on Ralltiir or Lorrd. Slavery is an important industry for Orvax IV and the Empire and the honest trade of slaves is not to be interfered with.

Senator Fitzgerald has the good sense to make this a non-binding resolution. Vote for it if you must, Senators, but know that even should it pass, the resolution will have no bearing on Imperial policy. One suspects that Senator Fitzgerald is wasting the Senate's time to make a political statement to its rightist supporters on Ralltiir.

Sate Pestage
Grand Vizier of the Empire
Assistant to Emperor Palpatine
Chair of the Imperial Senate

Senator_OrdanDate: Friday, 21 Sep 2012, 7:03 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
I think it's apparent that this motion needs to be voted down. Licensed traders should be allowed to go about their legitimate trade, Gentlemen.

I vote against this motion.

Senator Hubert Ordan

Senator of the Azure Sector
Foreign Minister of Anaxes
Captain-General of the Azure Interest Protection Squadron
Deputy Chairman of the Ethics Committee
Worshipful Master of the Most Loyal and Honourable Company of Blockadeers
Archtreasurer of the Vault of Pols Anaxes
Autocrat of Selgon
Owner of Azure Durasteel
Systems Admiral (Ret)
Order of the Canted Circle

Alyn_StarkDate: Friday, 21 Sep 2012, 4:44 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Awards: 2
You misunderstand me, Chairman. I am of a mind to allow the Slave Fair to continue. I was simply offering alternatives for Senator Fitzgerald to consider. I am neither in favor nor against this particular motion.

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Senior Captain, Retired, Republic Navy
Head of House Malos (former)
Licensed bounty hunter
Majority shareholder, Lorrd Engineering
Owner, Stark Defense Conglomerate
Civilian Medal of Honor recipient
Representative, Lorrd (10 BBY-9 BBY)

Verence_TerrawinDate: Friday, 21 Sep 2012, 11:04 PM | Message # 8
Major general
I am resolved to vote in favour. If the Empire opts not to act, the Aegis of Alsakan may well be dispatched to Orvax IV during the slave market to check documentation and assure it is being conducted in line with the laws. We deplore this trade in humans and aliens, except in limited circumstances as punishment for severe crimes (as an alternative to death).

However, there have been rumors that Separatists may be frequenting the Slave Fair this year and let it be known that Alsakan will captivate, kill or destroy any Separatist "Remnant" assets it discovers. We do think that the Orvax IV slave fair does offer a chance for former Confederates to lay down their arms and surrender themselves to the justice of Alsakan.

Verence Terrawin

Senator of Alsakan
First Lord of the Foreign Office, Alsakan

LomenRyuunDate: Saturday, 22 Sep 2012, 6:38 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
I'm sure we have every confidence in Alsakan to apprehend whatever Separatists it can manage to actually get its hands on. That being said, I am against this measure, largely because I feel it is a waste of the Empire's resources and time.

Lomen Ryuun
Senator, Doldur Sector
Senator, Druckenwell
Representative, Monor II (10 BBY - 9 BBY)
Representative, Geridard
Representative, Boranall
Representative, Therenor Prime
Vice-chairman, Defense Committee (Temporarily suspended)
Controlling Shareholder - Druckenwell Arms Corporation

Sate_PestageDate: Sunday, 23 Sep 2012, 9:15 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
The Empire is aware of the possibility of former Separatist elements at the Orvax IV slave festival this year. We'd hoped to keep this quiet so that they'd have no advance notice that there will be Imperial forces present in the system—not to disrupt the festival in any manner, but to capture these Separatists elements. Senator Terrawin, I expect Alsakan to keep its forces away from Orvax IV so it doesn't compromise the Empire's operations there any more than it already has.

Sate Pestage

Augusta_AureliusDate: Monday, 24 Sep 2012, 7:34 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant colonel
I vote In Favor of the resolution, although it does shock me some to see Alsakan openly confess intelligence in such a public manner. I do agree with the Chair that such conversation should cease at this moment, so that no further damage is done to the operational capability of the Imperial military in this matter.

Augusta Aurelius
Queen Conosrt of Deralia
Chair of the Human Rights Monitoring and Crisis Resolution Sub-Committee of the Planetary Defense Committee

Senator of Deralia and the Tammuz Sector (30 BBY - 18 BBY, 10 BBY - Present)

Schmuel_KadramDate: Friday, 28 Sep 2012, 1:35 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant
I vote against this motion. Slaving is a legal trade, we are shocked that Senator Aurelia is defying the Imperial will by criticizing it.

Schmuel Kadram
Governor of Rothana
Junior Vice President of Operations KDY

Sate_PestageDate: Sunday, 30 Sep 2012, 10:33 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant general
The non-binding, advisory resolution passes with 62% in favor and 38% opposed. I thank the Senators from Anaxes, Druckenwell, and Rothana for voting in the Imperial interest. The Emperor appreciates your votes and won't forget them.

Sate Pestage

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Galactic Empire » The Imperial Senate » Resolution on the Orvax IV Slave Fair
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz