• Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
[To]: Artemis Vanden
Alyn_StarkDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 12:20 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Users
Awards: 2
Representative Vanden,

I have noted a lack of concern of the Senate in regards to the Botor-Dawferim Conflict. This has troubled the me to no end and I have already pieced together the elements of a diplomatic mission to the Botor side of the conflict. After all, Human worlds lie under Botor rule. I would like to know if you would care to join me on this expidition.

Regards,

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Senior Captain, Retired, Republic Navy
Head of House Malos (former)
Licensed bounty hunter
Majority shareholder, Lorrd Engineering
Owner, Stark Defense Conglomerate
Civilian Medal of Honor recipient
Representative, Lorrd (10 BBY-9 BBY)

Artemis_VandenDate: Saturday, 16 Feb 2013, 3:49 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Awards: 0
Alyn,

I'm relieved that we're of like mind on this issue, if somewhat surprised also that a man in your position is willing to speak out against inter-planetary war. Do I detect Ana's influence in this, I wonder? But while I appreciate your effort to put together a diplomatic mission and your invitation to participate in it, I feel I must decline. I know you, Alyn. I know your intentions are good and that you have no ulterior motives in this, but others may not see that. The CEO of an arms company visiting a perennially war-torn area can be easily misconstrued. To be candid with you, as I always have, I don't think you're the man for this job. I think this should be left to proper diplomats whose only conceivable interest there is peace, and can be accused of nothing else.

The prospect for peace in the Botor-Dawferim conflict is dim. I think it's going to require a concerted peace effort from the Empire with the threat of peacekeeping force. If you proceed with this diplomatic mission, needless to say I wish you luck. But your prospects, in my opinion, are not good. In their lust for each other's blood, the Botori and the Dawferim long ago inured themselves to the opinions of the galaxy.

I hope you and Ana are well.

Regards,

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Alyn_StarkDate: Saturday, 16 Feb 2013, 8:56 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Artemis,

Oddly, perhaps, Ana had no hand in this. Perhaps her mindset is rubbing off on me? Either way, I do see your point. However, even if diplomacy fails... Well, the Senate will not move to help them. Tell me, Artemis, if you had to choose a side to prevail, which would it be? If there was no option B, so to speak, what side would you back?

Ana and I are well; our son is due before long, and I know she misses you.

Regards,

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

Artemis_VandenDate: Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 8:03 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Awards: 0
Alyn,

No matter the outcome, both sides are losers in this war. The blood is so bad between the Dawferim and the Botori that the thought of either of them "winning" is a frightening one, for there are sure to be horrible recriminations visited on the losing side. I do not countenance the idea of backing either of them. I will not choose the lesser of two genocides. The Dawferim and the Botori need to be restrained, and a peacekeeping force is what's needed. Diplomatic pressure won't do. Economic sanctions won't do. The Empire must intercede, and convincing it to do so should be the goal of any Botor-Dawferim peace effort.

Sincerely,

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Alyn_StarkDate: Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 8:17 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Artemis,

You and I are men of action. Lies do not become us. We both know that the Empire has less of an interest in this conflict than Ordan or Oswaldt do in the mating practices of the Hutts. The only backers you will find in the Senate who are those without the means to send such a force. Even Lorrd, my world that prides itself on reason; has turned a blind eye. If you need a peacekeeping force though, I have two hundred men and women who were trained to equal, if not in harsher conditions than stormtroopers face, with another eight hundred soon to swell their ranks. While I may profit from the sale of arms, I don't advocate needless war.

On a slightly different note, would you be willing to write Ana? Perhaps you can convince her to come see you for a week or two. I fear I have fallen out of some favor here since the end of the Lorrd-Auril Conflict. House Volmen has withdrawn its support of me and word among some of my listeners is that House Garth may be drawing back the axe, so to speak. Ana is stubborn and she would fight to stay with me, but I am troubled by some of the rumors.

Regards,

Alyn Stark
Lord of Kinyov
Licensed bounty hunter

• Page 1 of 1
Search: