• Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
To Chernobog Cron
Senator_CambristDate: Monday, 04 Feb 2013, 11:35 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
Awards: 6
Dear Sir,

I regret that you've opted to be so glib in the Senate's discussion of several proposals pertaining to the Cronese and Tionese people. I feel you've lowered what had been a marginally-productive discourse into a depressing exchange of verbal barbs. Nonetheless, I invited your opinion in the Senate because I am interested in it. I hope that if I'm candid with you in this private venue, you'll be candid with me as well (but not too candid I hope, your dislike of me being as obvious as it is difficult for me to understand). So please, let us talk.

Brentaal has long been a friend of the Cronese Mandate. Our embassy on Chandaar has made efforts to strengthen the friendship of our peoples. Personally, I reached out to Lord Robeir when it wasn't fashionable to do so, becoming an early trading partner with the Mandate when it was most in need of friends. I also proposed a resolution condemning the ethnic cleansing of the Cronese. You may think me uncaring about the Cronese Mandate and its people, but this isn't the case.

Senator Oriel's proposals to entitle Hector Cynum to various things in various ways had me concerned for the Cronese Mandate. You've had many months of peace and prosperity and good relations with the rest of the Tion Cluster, for which I applaud you. You've even come to peaceful terms with Mr. Cynum, an old foe of yours who has been a veritable font of threats to the Cronese Mandate in the past and who quite recently fired on Cronese ships, resulting in the deaths of your crewmen and women. I hope Cynum is sincere in his commitment to peace. But few, if anyone, believes he is considering his recent altercation with Lorrd was based on an obvious pretense and, more broadly, his authority is based on military power and the perceived necessity for it.

Surely, Mr. Cron, you must have some concern about Cynum's Auril Union, situated on the Cronese border and by far the most belligerent of your Tionese neighbors, expanding its fleet and its power and stockpiling respectability and recognition under Senator Oriel's proposals (good-intentioned though the Senator may be). Why, Mr. Cron, does it seem I am more concerned about this than you are? Why are we not of like mind on this? I suppose this is why I'm as frustrated as I am that you seem to have decided that I, of all people, am the enemy. Your hostility is misplaced, Sir.

Sincerely,

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz