Baroness_MagrathDate: Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 11:48 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Awards: 0
To: Administrator Exar Ray
Khoonda Administration

Jaemus; Magrath Plantation

Dear Sir,

It has come to my attention that Dantooine has very fertile land. As such I have formally come to you to with a simple request. I would like the chance to purchase a tract of land on Dantooine. Roughly 500 Acres if possible. This land would be utilized to grow new vines for the Magrath Winery which is seeking to expand its choices of wines provided to our consumers. Our accountants believe that 1,921,532 Credits would be substantial enough of a payment for the land; while offering a further 95,000 credits per home for any families that would be removed from the land.

Signed,

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath
Baroness of the Empire - Jaemus
Duchess of the Bisellia System
Proprietor of Magrath Shipwrights
Proprietor of Magrath Textiles
Proprietor of Magrath Winery
Proprietor of Magrath Weapons Foundry
Proprietor of Magrath Mining Compound

Exar_RayDate: Tuesday, 12 Feb 2013, 7:11 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Baroness Magrath,

A pleasure, ma'am. However before I can sign off on this deal, I'll need some general information from you:

-Do you plan on bringing offworlds in to work this new winery or do you plan on hiring those that reside on Dantooine?
-Are you aware that Dantooine laws prohibit private off-world security firms? If so, are you aware that in the event your facility needs protection that you would be required to hire planetary firms?
-I will need a current design of your facility.
-If requiring a starport in which to shuttle your product, a dock or two can be rented to you for a fee to yet to be determined at a later date.
-An annual inspection of your facility will be conducted every 6 months. Any safety hazards spotted will and must be corrected by you. Anything major will cause your facility to be shut down till the situation is corrected.

And as far as land is concerned, Dantooine is a beautiful planet with plenty of room. Therefore teams will be sent out to find the best spot from you. Do take note however, that attempting to remove families is also a violation of Dantooine law.

Baroness_MagrathDate: Monday, 18 Feb 2013, 0:32 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Mr. Ray,

If it is required by Dantooine law for the Magrath Winery that I wish to establish on your planet to use local residence on Dantooine; then our accountants believe that a prosperous 20 Credits per pound of grapes harvest, with a bonus of 100 credits for each fifty pounds harvest by one worker would be more than a substantial amount to keep a worker well fed; as we will in our facility, be providing adequate housing for workers and their families. However, if it is not required by Dantooine law, then we will be bringing our own slave labor force to work the grape vines.

I would hope that the Magrath Winery facility on Dantooine would be protected by the law enforcement agency of Dantooine; as such any tax paying land owner would expect. As such though, the Magrath Family does have in its employee a group of personal security personnel which will always be accompanying myself as well as any of my immediate family members. I can not stress enough however that importance that our personal bodyguards will always be at our side.

An attached file to this message will show the layout of the proposed facility. As you will see it will include a private residence of a substantial size for my family and I. You'll also notice that the facility will contain a Winery which will be mainly automated and needing only minimal sentient beings to run it. There will also be substantial housing for the workers on the property.

I understand that attempting to remove families is against your laws, the offer was merely to compensate the families should they be required to move if they are located on the best spot. The compensation would also be followed with a job offer to work for the winery.

If you feel that your questions have been answered to your satisfaction, I can provide you with the number to an account on Muunilist that will wire the initial payment to the account of your choice.

Signed,

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath

Exar_RayDate: Thursday, 21 Feb 2013, 2:41 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Baroness Magrath,

Everything looks good and we are pleased to announce we have a prime location for your winery.

However, please note that while it isn't required by Dantooine Law to hire individuals... only suggested, that if foreign workers are indeed brought onto the land, that your company would be fined additionally for the workers. Not because I am attempting to be greedy, but on the simple fact that they would not be registered citizens on Dantooine and should they escape or whatever, we would be required to transport them off the planet to Imperial Center for further processing upon capture.

And on a final note, please do realize that while your personal bodyguards are on Dantooine, they are NOT authorized to openly carry any sort of weapons while on Dantooine. With that being said, they can however, defend themselves should need arise. Despite the fact, they would be required to give their information to the Militia for future references. However what happens on your property is yours to command. However, disruptions will not be tolerated outside your walls.

I hope that everything sets your needs. If so, your land has been blocked off.

Message edited by Exar_Ray - Thursday, 21 Feb 2013, 2:42 PM

Baroness_MagrathDate: Thursday, 21 Feb 2013, 3:06 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Mr. Ray,

I am pleased to hear that. The wire transfer for the purchase of the land has been transmitted from the account mentioned to the Dantooine Administration. Work on the facility will be started soon, and I believe that the hiring of local contractors will bring a boost to the economy of Dantooine. To avoid further fines however, we have hired a set of foreman who will be visiting the locals to interview those that would be willing to work at the Winery as well as in the fields. As said before, their families will be provided for if they desire housing which will be open on the grounds of the facility.

Signed,

Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024