• Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Artemis Vanden
Ana_StarkDate: Thursday, 07 Mar 2013, 7:51 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Dear Artemis,

I wish that I was writing under better circumstances; such as to celebrate Jackson's birth and christening, or just to chat. I miss Naboo so terribly much sometimes, and the safety and comfort of everything that I once knew.

By now you have heard the broadcast of Alyn's death. The entirety of Castle Stark is mourning the loss of their Lord, but Artemis, I cannot bring myself to join them. I think the entire province has sent well wishes, and I have stacks of thank yous to write, but I cannot.

Artemis, something is not right. The last will and testament that this Trandoshan says Alyn dictated is....it is unlike him. On top of that, they refused to return his body to me.  He said it was some Trandoshan custom and he was given a warriors...something.  I am unsure, but I would never dare force a burial tradition on someone of another culture if they died here. Never. People have a right to mourn and be buried in the custom of their people. Even more unsettling, there is no proof. Nothing, but their word.

This is hard to admit, but I am afraid.  What if he is alive?  And hurt?  Something seems so off, I know I've said it, but it is sitting in the back of my mind and won't go away.  I hate to ask, but I need help. I am not sure what to do. Elena is coming from Naboo; she is a lawyer friend of mine and has every intention of going over this document with a fine tooth comb.

I could really use your support right now, your advice, and your guidance.

Always,

Ana

Message edited by Ana_Stark - Thursday, 07 Mar 2013, 8:05 PM

Artemis_VandenDate: Friday, 08 Mar 2013, 11:37 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Ana, my dear friend,

I was so sorry to hear what happened. Disbelief was my first reaction, too. Surely Alyn did nothing to deserve what's happened to him. But considering the Trandoshans have done this in the past for little or no reason, I'm led reluctantly to believe that they're telling the truth about his death. Again, I am sorry, Ana. While I do hope that you're right—that somehow Alyn is alive—I also admit this is a rather audacious hope under the circumstances.

However I do agree with you that the will is suspicious. It is highly so. I know you better than to believe that this is about Alyn's money; rather, it is about seeing that his will, his real will, is known to you, Jackson, and the galaxy. Ana, if you suspect this will that the Trandoshans have furnished to you is a forgery, or was made or testified to under duress, you must instruct Elena to challenge it in court before it goes to probate.

At the very least, the circumstances of Alyn's death need to be better-established so that we know what really happened to him. I'll see what I can do with this, Ana. Please try to find out for me why Alyn went to Trandosha in the first place. For what reason, on whose invitation, etc. Do you have a copy of this supposed will you can send to me?

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

Ana_StarkDate: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 3:48 AM | Message # 3
Major general
Artemis,

Audacious?  No...no it's not.  I won't believe it until I see his body, right here in front of me.  There is no proof of it except the word of a few people, who, quite frankly, I do not trust.  I have been tearing his office apart trying to find out reasons, and I am afraid that at this point, I am going to have to force the truth out of Alyn's trusted shadow guard, since technically until proven otherwise, they are under my employ.

Elena tells me that probate is where the courts determine the validity of the document.  She is writing up papers now, however, but assures me that since the will isn't even signed, it will be thrown out immediately.  A lack of signature makes it a worthless piece of paper.  Of course, she is more well versed in law than I am, you know that.  She also said that if Alyn was dying when he dictated it, then it was under duress and that the courts would dismiss for that reason also.  My concern is that this Heinrich Maxwell, whom I have never heard of, is somehow going to direct this to a judge who is not impartial.  Elena also promised that she would not let that happen, but I don't see how. 

I am going to attach a copy of the will for you to read, Artemis.  I wonder what you think you can do?  I've contacted Roman Lekpin also, seeing as he is senator of Lorrd, to see what he can help with as well.  Do I need go in front of the Senate and ask for support in an Imperial investigation?  Should I write to His Majesty?  I cannot sit here and not do anything.  You know me better than that.

Love,
Ana

Attachment

Artemis_VandenDate: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 12:19 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Dear Ana,

Writing to the Emperor won't help, I'm afraid. The Imperial establishment has always been hostile to Alyn because of his father, and always would have been. The Empire also has close dealings with the Trandoshans and it won't do anything to jeopardize that. There isn't much I can do, but I can make inquiries about Argus Myjector and the other supposed witnesses to this will. I'll communicate to you what I'm able to find out. But Ana, even as we hope for the best about Alyn, we must also be prepared for the worst. I suspect that what I discover at Trandosha may be difficult for you to hear, but hopefully it will protect Alyn's legacy for you and Jackson.

I'll keep in touch,

Artemis Vanden
Representative of the Naboo

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz