• Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
To: Ka-Dek, Inquisitor
Rath-DeschainDate: Wednesday, 13 Mar 2013, 2:03 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Inquisitor,

I have been informed that you are currently posted on Lorrd. I have an assignment for you. Due to recent allegations regarding the recently deceased Alyn Stark, I want you to enter the Stark residence and act as Imperial counsel for the Lady Stark while covertly searching the people therein for Jedi abilities or extreme Force sensitivity as beholden in a trained Force user. If you find anything, inform me at once as I shall arrive in a matter of days and your work will make mine easier.

Make no mistake, Inquisitor, this is a searching operation and not an apprehension mission. If the allegations against Stark are true, there is no telling how deep this goes. Utilize tact instead of force and I will see you are rewarded.

Glory to the Emperor!

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Ka-DekDate: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 12:51 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Awards: 0
High Inquisitor

Two of Stark's guards have already been arrested for possession of illegal weapons. It is apparent that the corruption is indeed deep, even if not a Jedi one then a taint of systemic allowances being made for illegal arms. It is my belief that it would be advisable to disarm the entire of the local security on the castle around Mrs Stark and replace them with a company of Imperial troopers for the time being, who knows where treachery and rebellion is seeded in such a place? The guards arrested were Mandalorian and Noghri. Both races known for their skills in assassination, both armed and near Stark's wife.

The plot thickens I feel, I will get to the bottom of this High Inquisitor, and if there be Jedi in these halls then they will be purged from it with flame and the blade.

Long Live the Emperor! May he reign with All Glory for a thousand times a thousand years!

Ka-Dek

Grand Master of the Jedi Order, Visionary, Mystic Sage
Renegade from the Inquisitorius after breaking his mental programming.
Former Knight-Sentinel
Formerly Assistant Curator, Jedi Archives

Rath-DeschainDate: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 7:16 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Inquisitor,

Be sure of what you know, or think you know. Even if you do happen to find an illegal weapon, confirm it first, but you are not here to investigate weapons permits, nor are you there to disarm the local security. I have taken the liberty of pulling up what is on file about Stark's castle from a prior investigation, as well as equipped personnel and I find nothing against Imperial law. Once again, you are there to investigate. If the need arises for a replacement for local security, I shall replace them personally with my Purifiers. Do not overstep your bounds or parameters on this endeavor, Inquisitor. If there are Jedi present, you may well cause them to run rather than hold suspicion. Furthermore, remember that the Inquisitorious is not the most public of branches within the Imperial organization. While you've already blown your cover there, in future operations, recall you are an agent of the ISB.

Regards,

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Ka-DekDate: Saturday, 16 Mar 2013, 3:34 AM | Message # 4
Sergeant
High Inquisitor.

I'm issuing LAAdocs for all the members of Stark's inner circle (a bunch of former mercenaries, aliens and mandalorians it seems) who do not voluntarily submit to interrogation. Lieutenant Gemmell has been so kind as to summon an Interrogation team so that they might make preliminary queries and reveal anything which might require an Inquisitors hand.. He's also bringing in cryptographics and tech so we can conduct a full search and investigation of all digital and physical parts of Castle Stark. He's also put in place a no-fly zone to prevent any Jedi escaping by the air (to be enforced by the locals) and is to put a checkpoint on the way in.

Lieutenant Gemmell informs me he has made the decision to replace the security at the castle for the duration and enact various protective measures around Mrs Stark. This is I believe in line with his mission given by the Deputy-Director of Imperial Intelligence to use all means at his disposal to secure the life and wellbeing of Mrs Stark.

This is a case of protecting Mrs Stark from assassination, with the castle guard carrying weapons known to be favoured by Assassins and being at all times masked (allowing easy Jedi infiltration), I believe the current security arrangement is insufficient and inappropriate, and while it is not my decision I wholeheartedly support the choice to replace them with steady trained professional soldiers.

Surely you mean we are agents of Imperial Intelligence? The ISB has no connections to our division that I am aware of?

As for Jedi being present, I have sensed none yet. I do sense... evasion, concealment.. I believe that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Ka-Dek

Former Knight-Sentinel

Rath-DeschainDate: Saturday, 16 Mar 2013, 6:26 AM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Inquisitor,

I know who Lieutenant Gemmell is, and his actions have hindered an investigation before. Recall as well that you outrank Lieutenant Gemmell in this regard. Lieutenant Gemmell's work on Lorrd, an apparent mission to protect Alyn Stark, has already failed. By that rule of thumb, his mission there is no longer truly relevant to the current mission I am conducting.

I want you to put me through to Lieutenant Gemmell so that I might speak to him. And Ka-Dek, you know quite as well as I that no 'true' Jedi would sneak about as an assassin. Their foolish code prevents that. I'm quite sure you recall that code as the onetime assistant curator of the Archives. Common sense, Inquisitor, common sense. If one of the guards were an assassin, the perfect time to strike would have been when Stark was killed and the castle itself received the news.

Furthermore, expect feelings of evasion and concealment. Not only do a pair of Intelligence agents show up and begin asking questions like it is an interrogation, but one of them openly announces he is an member of the Inquisitorious. I'm not sure if you noticed, Inquisitor, but if half of Imperial Intelligence doesn't like us, what makes you think civilians would any better?

I will be arriving some time ahead of my personal retinue. By taking my personal ship, I will cut several days' travel time off. You may expect me in a day or less. See that Lieutenant Gemmell is conducting himself appropriately.

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Ka-DekDate: Sunday, 17 Mar 2013, 2:33 AM | Message # 6
Sergeant
High Inquisitor.

Ka-Dek is dead, he died long ago. I am the Prophet Stave, Emperor's Mage. Speak not that Jedi name if you please.

I understand that Lieutenant Gemmell is returning to Imperial Center as the threat he was sent to protect the Starks from is apparently no more. The Jedi are a fallen order, long bereft of dignity and virtue. You suggest that they would never act as assassins, but during the Clone Wars the targeted killing of enemy leaders occurred multiple times. Is it not true that the Jedi Council themselves attempted to assassinate the Emperor and left him grievously wounded? You forget I have twenty years experience in Investigations and that my experience on such is perhaps... more in-depth?

I see no need for cover here, the kind of scum in Stark's cabal are more than familiar with our organization, no matter how informally. The Imperial Inquisition knocking at their door is thus precisely the opposite to what they would expect. Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition.

In the meantime I'm going to open up the accused's records (the Epicanthix force user) and see what I can find. I also plan to directly scrutinize Stark's potential part as an un-registered force user by perusing his personal database, as you'll be aware I have the ability to speed up my neural processes considerably and I shall do so and thus have a comprehensive rundown of all questionable activities that might relate to the matter at hand may be expedited presently.

To me, it seems likely that Lord Stark was not a Jedi, he certainly was never actively trained as one during the Order's day, force sensitivity can be stimulated by a number of factors though and it does seem distinctly possible that he sought out a Jedi or Rogue force user to try and mentor him in these skills. After all, he was a being with an interest in ancient martial traditions and a lust for power.. the quest for power guides men to arrogance on occasion and it's possible he was just a dabbler in crafts he did not truly understand. Naturally, this is all supposition until I can gain a better understanding of the man from interaction with his files and possessions, something my time as an Archivist in a previous life well prepared me for.

Glory to the Emperor.

Ka-Dek

Former Knight-Sentinel

Message edited by Ka-Dek - Sunday, 17 Mar 2013, 10:17 AM

Rath-DeschainDate: Sunday, 17 Mar 2013, 8:07 AM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Inquisitor,

You forget that I was on the front lines of battle and I know well what they were capable of and not capable of. I will remind you, Prophet Stave, that you were once a Master of that ancient and foolish order. If the Jedi Council plotted to assassinate the Emperor, then perhaps you should have found a way to step in, curator. Do not preach to me of experience and tactics when you were not even willing to come to the Empire and instead had to be apprehended and brought in. I will not be preached to by someone whose loyalties, in my eyes, will always be in question.

Conduct your investigation into the man's possible links to Jedi. I don't care if he was a criminal, a Hutt in disguise or even the sun made flesh. Simple items within your jurisdiction, Prophet. Expect my presence there soon.

Glory to the Emperor!

Rath Deschain
High Inquisitor

Message edited by Rath-Deschain - Sunday, 17 Mar 2013, 1:48 PM

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz