MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Saturday
4:24 PM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Resistance » The Shadowfeed » Assault on Dantooine
Assault on Dantooine
ShivaDate: Wednesday, 03 Nov 2010, 4:19 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Fellow brothers in arms, it is time we made a move they cannot ignore.

Dantooine is a simple world, misled by an evil government who sides with the Empire. Therefore, it is our duty to liberate these poor people. We will strike at Dantooine in one week's time and behead their corrupt government and Imperial supporters. This is not for loot or the deaths of civilians. This, my friends, is for justice.

Shiva
The Shadowlord
The Lightbringer
Separatist High Commander (former)

Lamont_KruusDate: Wednesday, 03 Nov 2010, 5:47 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
"Shiva," I am a captain, not a political tactician, and there are only two things I know about Dantooine; 1.) it was the site of one of our most embarrassing defeats, and 2.) its government, as I recall, recently gained some notoriety for having defied the will of the Empire. Why is this seemingly anti-Imperial government characterized by you as "evil," and why are we targeting it? Won't targeting an anti-Imperial government only discourage other worlds from being anti-Imperial? This is not what we want to accomplish, and with all due respect, it's the sort of thing that I would expect an Imperial spy to come up with to sabotage us. An Imperial spy who hides behind a hood and a false identity that can't be proven false (or true, either).

Lamont Kruus
Captain of the Windfall
Leader of the Kruus slaving ring

ShivaDate: Wednesday, 03 Nov 2010, 7:19 AM | Message # 3
Major general
Dantooine, as you have said, was indeed an embarassing defeat. It's government, headed by Senator Exar Ray, is an Imperial man to the core. I keep track of the Holonet, Captain, and he strikes me as... quite questionable. Nonetheless, if you have a better target, by all means name it.

Casting aspersions that I am a spy gets us nowhere. I have offered to meet in person with any sentient who will do so. The offer extends to you as well, Captain. It is doubtful even if you saw my face, which I will reveal in person, that you would recognize me anyway. A man as damaged as I have been bears little semblance to the man he was before.

Shiva
The Shadowlord
The Lightbringer

Lamont_KruusDate: Thursday, 04 Nov 2010, 0:32 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
I didn't say that you were a spy, "Shiva." I said that I don't know that you're not a spy. But no, at this time I don't have a better target. I suspect there is one, however. In any case, I will be sitting out this campaign. If you truly have the interests of the Confederacy and its cause in mind, I wish you luck.

Lamont Kruus
Captain of the Windfall

Message edited by Lamont_Kruus - Thursday, 04 Nov 2010, 0:33 AM

General_SthenaDate: Thursday, 04 Nov 2010, 8:36 AM | Message # 5
Private
I, too, will be sitting this one out, much as it pains me to miss yet another hare-brained campaign.

Dantooine provides nothing of value or strategic importance to mark it as a viable target, other than a Senator who's actions leave his Imperial patriotism in question. Should a more suitable target, say Kuat Drive Yards for example, be provided, then I may rethink and urge others to do the same. As it stands, I wouldn't bring what limited resources I have to a target that, for all I can tell, is being attacked out of bitter regret, and owing to the small population and lack of Imperial interest, a walk in the park.

If the remnants of the CIS are ever to reform, stupid and meaningless assaults like this need to end, for they do nothing but fuel the Empire's arguments for tightening its grip.

"The War is not over simply because an old despot proclaims it so.."

Message edited by General_Sthena - Thursday, 04 Nov 2010, 8:37 AM

ShivaDate: Thursday, 04 Nov 2010, 4:35 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Fair enough, General. What would you say then to Carratos? Gaining the Fallanassi from the Empire would be a boon as allies, as well as make the Imperials look quite foolish. It would be a shame to loose valuable assetts to the Empire.

Shiva
The Shadowlord
The Lightbringer

Lamont_KruusDate: Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 0:16 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
Would you lead us to destruction, "Shiva"? This is what awaits us at Carratos, a planet we know to be blockaded by the Empire! That would be a suicide mission!

Lamont Kruus
Captain of the Windfall

ShivaDate: Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 1:17 AM | Message # 8
Major general
An extremely small blockade, Captain. There is strength in numbers, is there not? They have at most two or three ships there. Carratos is not so strong a world that it requires great numbers of vessels to lock it down. A strike and fade would apply nicely.

Shiva
The Shadowlord
The Lightbringer

Lamont_KruusDate: Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 2:41 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
It's also mere parsecs from Imperial Center! The entire Imperial fleet would be upon us in moments!

Lamont Kruus
Captain of the Windfall

ShivaDate: Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 9:38 AM | Message # 10
Major general
Three fleets, Captain. Yours, mine and Sthena's. That is more than enough vessels to jam hypercomm signals before a warning can be gotten out. The distance is also why they would never suspect us to strike at Carratos.

Shiva
The Shadowlord
The Lightbringer

Victor_MallixDate: Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 11:17 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant
"While I lack the aggressive means to launch any kind of attack.. Carratos would not be a good choice.. perhaps we could consider a softer target, Naboo perhaps? Or that of an Imperial Loyalist Turncoat at Sluis Van?"

Victor Mallix
Merchant Venturer
Ex-Banking Clan Executive

General_SthenaDate: Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 11:31 AM | Message # 12
Private
Gentlebeings, please... shouting out random targets and hoping for a favourable outcome will get us nowhere. Naboo, being the homeworld of Emperor Palpatine, is as viable a target as Coruscant itself. And considering how our last venture at Coruscant went, when we were at full strength... well, lets not dwell on that tragic past.

Sluis Van, while a more palatable target, is a ship yard. I know I suggested Kuat myself, but only in the form of an example, to state the significance our target needs to bear. Even if Sluis Van is relatively undefended, I'm sure she has enough partially-completed ships with functioning turbolasers to stop us in our tracks, and I for one would not be proud to say I was defeated and incarcerated because I overlooked the fact that a shipyard would contain ships.

If I might bring something productive to the table, I'd suggest we liberate Cartao and put an end to its production of Spaarti cloning cylinders. A small strike to be sure, and with reconnaisance we can determine whether its within our reach to achieve. And think of the setback we'd cause our Imperial friends, should we succeed.

Victor_MallixDate: Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 12:27 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant
You know... we could all just go and sell our ships, get jobs and you know.. live a regular life.

Victor Mallix
Merchant Venturer

General_SthenaDate: Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 12:31 PM | Message # 14
Private
As infuriating as your rejection-driven sarcasm is, Mallix, I'm not going to rise to the bait. And since I assume you're being humourous, I needn't point out that we're in this for a reason...

Victor_MallixDate: Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 12:34 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant
What reason? Surely the cause of a "Confederacy of Independent Systems" is clearly dead. The Empire has 1,000,000 Star Destroyers and we have what? A motley collection of ships likely not equivalent to one such ship? If we are not to integrate with Imperial Society.. perhaps we should just leave the Empire, find a world in deep space and live our lives.

Victor Mallix
Merchant Venturer

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » The Resistance » The Shadowfeed » Assault on Dantooine
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz