MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
8:03 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » A gamble that's worthwhile? (A Senator's risky search for a Jedi fugitive)
A gamble that's worthwhile?
Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Sunday, 03 Oct 2010, 2:43 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Tremaine was inside his apartment, working on a pile of paperwork from the Senate. Normally, he would have done it over at his office in the Senate Rotunda. But there were some stuffs he weren't able to finish over at his workplace due to constant interruptions by other Senators or staff working inside the building. He needed a place to himself to finish up the paperwork, and the only place that's possible is at his apartment. The Telosian Senator managed to finish up some, and was about to continue working on them when he was interrupted. There was a beeping in the room next to his personal office. It was his personal holotransmitter. The Senator also had one over at his office in the Senate Rotunda, but it was all business and was usually handled by his aide. Besides, he likes to keep his work and personal life seperated...most of the time.

"Aw, damn it." The man muttered softly to himself. He would stop working on the paperwork, getting off his chair before walking out of the office. A few moments had passed and he got into the next room. Tremaine pressed a button on the holotransmitter and a holographic image appeared in front of him a moment later. It was an image he immediately recognized, and welcomed the image with a light chuckle. "Jed! How have you been? Sorry if I haven't contacted you all the week. I've been busy with my new position in the Senate." Jed Mann was a close friend of his. They forged a close friendship ever since Tremaine left the local Youth Legislative Program at Telos IV to join the Telosian Security Forces so that he can lend his hand in the Clone Wars. His Telosian friend would nod lightly at Tremaine before speaking, "No apologies needed. I was also occupied with TSF duties. My wife and kids are doing fine. Thanks for sending me a salky puppy. The kids will love it."

Tremaine would cross his arms, they weren't one for small talk and he knew that Jed didn't call him just to check up on him. "You didn't call all the way out here just to check up on me, did you?" Jed immediately shook his head lightly. "Um...not exactly. Uh...you see...I've had your aide arrange for you to have a blind date." Tremaine shook his head immediately, ""Not again! The last time you arranged a blind date for me, she didn't show up at all. I waited for an hour." Jed would let out a sigh, "It was a honest mistake. She was supposed to show up. Anyway, your aide left a datapad of the location of your blind date by your counter and a Coruscant Taxi will be there to pick you up. Please do it for me. I will make sure she's there."

The Senator would uncross his arms, "Fine, I'll do it for you. I'll let you know how it goes." He ended the transmitter, and immediately stormed out of the room. Tremaine got into his bedroom, getting out a locked suitcase. He proceeded to open it, but left it on the bed while he went over the dresser to change into clothes that wouldn't appear Senatorial. When he was done changing, he went back to the suitcase. The Senator took out a belt with a couple of holsters attached to it. Inside the holsters were KYD-21 blaster pistols, attaching the belt to himself. The clothes he wore were a brown buttoned shirt and a brown silk pants. There were also a brown boots to go along with, then he put on a brown jacket on to cover the pistols. The Senator had put on a hat, walking out of the bedroom and went over to the counter to grab the datapad. He would look at the datapad while walking out of the apartment and locking it up. He now looked like a private investigator instead of a Senator.

The man got into the lift for his floor, descending to the base floor before the doors opened for him to get out. He had put the datapad inside an inside pocket of the jacket before getting out. Tremaine would spot a Coruscant Taxi waiting for him, walking over and getting into the taxi. "Take me to the lift that would descend to the underlevels." The taxi took off, heading for the supposed lift. Was he really having a blind date? Only time will tell...

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Message edited by Tremaine_Fowlkes - Sunday, 03 Oct 2010, 2:44 PM

Trask_LargeroDate: Sunday, 03 Oct 2010, 10:38 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Trask was working on his small fighter that had taken quite a bit of damage,which was the reason he was on Coruscant in the first place. It was the last place he wanted to be and probably the most dangerous planet that a Jedi could be on despite the fact that the sheer number of people on the planet made it hard to locate a single force user. He would soon be back and out amongst the stars, or at least that was what he told himself.

A moment later his comm would begin beeping. With a sigh he would pull himself away from the open panel and would move to the cockpit of the small fighter closing his eyes before pressing a few buttons and securing the channel. Very few people knew how to reach him by this number, and he could count on one hand the number of people who knew how to contact him that actually knew who and what he was, those that didn't know assumed he was a small time smuggler which for the most part was the life he had assumed to stay alive. He would press the button to answer the comm causing a small holographic projections of one of his contacts to appear. It was a woman with whom he had served with in the Clone Wars, and the only one who he had remained in contact with afterwards.

A small smile crossed his face. "Crin! How good to see you." he said pleasantly moving to prop up his feet because he knew this was going to take a while. Crin had been an local militia leader during the clone wars whose planet Trask had been assigned to for many months before being called away near the end of the war, a part of him had always suspected it was because there hadn't been enough Clone Troopers on her planet to execute order 66 but of course he had no proof of that.

"Trask, I wish I had time to talk in depth but I have some information for you. I've been in touch with a contact of mine, someone I trust and he is sending someone to help you on Coruscant. You don't have a lot of time to make it to the rendezvous so I'm just going to send you the coordinates and ask you at least go and meet with this person, they can get you off that accursed rock."

Trask sighed a bit. He had known that it wouldn't be good if Crin didn't have a lot of time to talk but he knew she was alive, and that accounted for something. "Alright, send the coordinates and I'll go meet with this person. Just tell me are you one hundred percent sure you can trust this person? That I can trust this person?"

Crin nodded. " "I don't know about the person they have set up for you to meet, but my contact is reliable and don't think he would send anyone he didn't trust for this mission."

"Alright send the coordinates. And it was good seeing you." With that the comm would be ended. Trask's comm beeped as he looked over the coordinates and time and just nodded moving outside of the place he had stowed his fighter away, a small warehouse he had broken into. Before leaving he would toss a tarp over his fighter, it wasn't fit to fly at the moment so he would just have to hail a taxi to reach the meeting point

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 5:56 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
The Coruscant Taxi eventually got Tremaine to the lift, handing over a bunch of credits to the driver. The Telosian would slowly get out of the speeder, looking around in that brown jacket of his. He wasn't acting and looking like a Senator, because that would arose suspicion. Tremaine wasn't going to risk that, he knew he wouldn't be any good going around attracting more attention than a fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers. The Senator got into the lift, and the doors closed. While the lift was going down, he was pondering on how to approach this. The underlevels of Coruscant are filled with every level of scum and villany in the galaxy. Tremaine knew he would have to be careful, not just for Imperial patrols but also for the criminals that might end up shooting him just for the heck of it.

The lift eventually got to the floor, and the doors opened for the Telosian to walk out of the lift. He had the pistols hidden away inside his jacket should he deemed it necessary. The Senator would keep on walking down the street, moving through the crowded level. He looked left and right like he was simply looking around, curious about the surroundings of the underlevels. The man does look like a private investigator after all. He was approaching the designated coordinates, getting closer and closer. The Senator finally came upon the coordinates, it would be an empty alleyway to his left. He'd lean against the wall, taking out a cigarette in his left hand and a lighter in his right. The man had put the cigarette in his mouth, using it to cover the lighter so it'd light up the cigarette. Then he put the lighter back into the pocket, and began smoking on it. He wasn't in habit of smoking, but he does it once in a while to maintain his cover as a private investigator. Meanwhile, he would now wait for someone important to meet up with him.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Trask_LargeroDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 6:58 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
The taxi had been waiting for him as he exited the warehouse, apparently Crin had known he would agree to go and had called it while he had been talking with her. Trask would move into the taxi taking a seat in the back while the driver would turn back into the lanes of traffic that were still present even down here in the underworld of the ecumnopolis. It would seem to blend in with the ever continuing string of traffic as if it carried nothing out of the ordinary, because to the driver and to the rest of the galaxy it didn't. m

Trask remained silent in the back seat, his eyes wandering over the darkened buildings, illuminated only by the florescent lights which dominated the area, and were more prevailent than the sun this far down beneath the skytowers of Imperial Center. Trask knew that this place was a double edged sword when it came to him. While the unteeming masses numbering well into the trillions provided a nearly perfect cover for a Jedi to hide thier force presense, if they were detected, the end would come with almost no warning as the empire was everywhere here.

The danger side was the main driving force behind his wanting to get off this planet before he was discovered and if Crin's contact had a way for him to get off of here, well then it was definately time to try and jump on it. After a short while the Taxi slowed and allowed Trask to slip out of the back seat and onto the crowded streets. The driver had already been paid so he would begin to move along through the crowd feeling his lightsaber, modified beyond recognition as such pressing against his chest. In the early days of the empire he had not abandoned it like he suspected many of his fellow survivors had, instead opting to disguise it as a hydrospanner instead. It would even function, albiet poorly, in that reguards.

Within a couple of minutes he would reach the other end of the empty alleyway that the senator was waiting on, the coordinates he had been given by Crin and would begin his approach towards the center wondering who it was that she had sent him to meet.

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Thursday, 07 Oct 2010, 7:17 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
The Senator would finish up his smoking and threw it away on the ground. "Finally." He whispered to himself, the man never liked smoking. However, he knew that small habits would help him maintain his undercover job a little bit. Tremaine coughed little bit, because of the smoke, but did it quietly. The Senator knew he was doing a very risky thing by seeking out to aid a Jedi fugitive. So far, his actions had gone unnoticed and haven't interfere with his "Senatorial" work over at the Senate Rotunda. He has been good at covering his tracks so far, although this might be his first encounter with a Jedi in a while. The keyword being "might."

He'd spot a man approaching his way, and Tremaine had a feeling that this was the man he was supposed to meet. The Senator carefully turned around to face this man approaching him. "I'm going to assume that you're the one I'm supposed to meet." Tremaine would scan the man with his eyes for a moment before speaking up once again, "Before we introduce ourselves, please answer me this question. What does "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge" mean to you?" The Senator had every reason to be suspicious, with Imperial agents being around and all.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Trask_LargeroDate: Friday, 08 Oct 2010, 5:58 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Trask saw the flicker of a cigarette being extinguised and approached the figure. He took the moment to examine his surroundings before listening to the questions. "It would seem you have more knowledge of me than most." he said looking at the Senator in front of him. "As to your question, it means one should always be open for knowledge even from the youngest sentients of the galaxy. They can teach you just as much as you can teach them. Goes rather nicely with the rest of the lines of the code. Since you asked one, What follows there is no chaos?" he responded putting forth his own test. He was deliberately trying to avoid mention of Jedi in a place as close to public as an alleyway. There were any number of people who could be around listening in and if they started talking about who he was a group of storm troopers could be there in minutes with little to no warning.

His eyes examined the senator breifly though he didn't recognize him as such, not yet anyways. He hadn't followed who was in the Senate since the fall of the old republic years before and even then with hundreds of senators it was next to impossible to keep up with them all. He could feel the weight in his jacket of the lightsaber and just decided to let the senator decide where to go.

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Friday, 08 Oct 2010, 7:56 AM | Message # 7
Colonel general
The Senator chuckled lightly, this man he was meeting had confirmed his sources. That he was either a Jedi or someone that's knowledgeable of Jedi Culture. He'd have to thank Jed later...or not, depending on how things are going in the next few moments. Tremaine cleared his throat for a moment, feeling the effects of the smoking. "There is no chaos, there is harmony." The Telosian would remain in his place, he didn't want to risk compromising his undercover and didn't want to risk injuring himself since this man didn't know who Tremaine was.

The Senator would slowly reach into an inside pocket of his brown jacket. "Just as my contact had suspected...you're either a Jedi Knight or someone that knows the Culture of the Jedi." A moment later, he slowly brought out a holopad and tossed it toward the man. "The holopad will confirm who I am." If the man was going to play the holopad, it would show an article and a picture of him being greeted into the Senate as a new Senator of Telos IV. I'm him And you are?"

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Trask_LargeroDate: Friday, 08 Oct 2010, 8:32 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant
Trask nodded a bit at the confimation of the second half of the line of the Jedi Code. He would move a hand out catching the pad with one had taking a look at it. "You will forgive me if I can't prove who I am, but since the new order's rise its been increasingly dangerous carrying items that people can use to identify me as a Jedi Knight." he sighed a bit, it was far too dangerous to use the force here to prove his identity and he had long since abandoned his jedi robes in favor of more normal attire.

"You were right if it is of any consolation..." He paused confirming the identity before saying. "Senator... I was a Jedi Knight during the Clone wars, though there really hasn't been much use of that title since the end of the war." He had been surprised at the man's identity a good deal even. He hadn't thought there would be many allies of the jedi order in the Imperial Senate, after all they were directly under Palpatine himself. They were a part of the Empire which had been hunting his kind down ever since the closing days of the Clone Wars nearly a decade previously.

He decided he would get straight to the point. "So, senator, how can I be of assistance to you?" He asked. When it came right down to it, old habits died hard and he was used to serving the senate and the order.

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Friday, 08 Oct 2010, 1:43 PM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Tremaine shook his head, "That is not the question you should be asking me." The Senator would proceed to nod his head slowly, out of respect for the Jedi Knight. He couldn't bow down as he would like to have to do so, because it would arose suspicions among the citizens on the Imperial Center should they ever come across the empty alleyway. It was unlikely, not many people would go to an empty alleyway anyway. "The question is, how can I be of assistance to you?" The Senator spoke with a tone of sincere.

"I'm sure you probably want to know why an Imperial Senator would want to aid a Jedi fugitive. Let me explain." The Telosian would let a moment pass, letting himself recollect his thoughts. "You see, I grew up looking up to the Jedi. I saw them as honorable warriors, Guardians of peace. I was such a history buff myself, I still am. When I was turning into early teenager years, I began researching into the history and culture of the Jedi Order itself. Once the Clone Wars erupted at Geonosis, I saw an opportunity to fight alongside the Jedi Knights. So I left the local Youth Legislative Program on Telos IV to join Telosian Security Forces out of hope I'd be able to meet a Jedi. I wasn't able to meet one until toward the end of the Clone Wars when the Republic didn't have enough ships to spare for the Outer Rim Sieges, I was among one of the non-clones to volunteer to participate. That was the day Order 66 was executed, and I saw a Padawan killed in front of me, betrayed by the clones."

He cleared his throat before speaking once again, feeling a little sadness within him. "I wasn't able to help at that particular moment. Later that day, I founded out that Emperor Palpatine had transformed the Republic into the Empire. That the Jedi tried to overthrow him. I didn't believe him. I couldn't believe him. Based on my research and knowledge regarding the Jedi, I was confident that the Emperor was trying to eliminate anyone that's capable of standing in his way of eradicating democracy and replacing the government with dictatorship. Because of that, along with the guilt for not being able to help that Padawan that day, I vowed I would work hard to get enough money and resources to assist the survivors of the Jedi Order. The only way to do that was to become a Senator. Now that I was recently elected into the Senate, I've been covertly working with several contacts so I could find and assist a Jedi. So far, you're the first one that responded to me."

The Senator would look at the Jedi Knight, "The Jedi should return to their rightful place as the Guardians of the Galaxy. So, Jedi Knight, how can I be of assistance to you?"

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Trask_LargeroDate: Monday, 11 Oct 2010, 5:21 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant
Trask remained stoic listening to the senator speak and nodding a bit. He understood now why Crin's contact had arrainged this meeting. He would have to remember to send her a thank you. He would mimic the nod of his head. He was still a jedi despite the fact that his order had already been all but destroyed by order 66 and the subsequent purge of his kind.

"That was my conclusion as well as I knew the masters would not have tried to take over the republic and Palpatine seemed to be the one who had truly benefited from the war itself." He paused for a moment tho think about his response. he didnt sense any deception but he had withdrawn his force presense in as much as possible retreating into the anonymity of the crowds. "Forgive me Senator, but my main concern right now is to get off of Coruscant, or whatever the Empire seems to want to call it these days. I don't know if you were expecting me to join up with a rebellion against them, which I probably would but it would have to be the right time, and it seems to me that the Empire only gets stronger with the passing of time." He would fight if he felt that it would make a difference but the problem would be was that there was really no way for him to strike out against the empire, it would be suicide to even really try in any significant manner.

"If you can secure it my request would be to get off of this planet as soon as possible." There was no deception in his voice or fear. He didn't wish to put the Senator at risk, not since the Jedi seem to now have a potential ally in the Imperial Senate itself. "And be sure to thank your contact and tell him to send a message to Crin to tell her thank you as well from me."

Tremaine_FowlkesDate: Monday, 11 Oct 2010, 4:39 PM | Message # 11
Colonel general
The Senator would nod in compliance, the Jedi was right. If Tremaine's contact was able to find him, then it's possible that the Imperials would be able to do so as well. "I will arrange everything for you." The Telosian would walk past the Jedi, shifting his coat and hat so that his identity would be further concealed from everyone else. "Meet me at 0400 in the morning, at the Eastport. I will have everything ready for you." The Senator was walking a few more steps forward when he had remembered something. "Oh, and please do dress nicely. It'd be best if you look like you're just one of my staff. I hope to see you there." Tremaine had finally turned around once again and walked away, heading for the lift so he could do the arrangements for the Jedi to get off the Imperial Center.

Tremaine Fowlkes
Senator of Telos IV

Trask_LargeroDate: Tuesday, 12 Oct 2010, 5:00 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant
Trask nodded in gratitude towards the senator. "I will be there." he said tilting his head a bit at the statement but nodded that he understood what was going on. He would have to sell his fighter but he would be getting off of this planet and that was worth probably a lot more than the fighter itself was. As the senator left so would heading back in the direction he had came from grabbing a taxi to make it back into the general region of the warehouse he had hid away in, it was definately time to get off of this rock.

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » A gamble that's worthwhile? (A Senator's risky search for a Jedi fugitive)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz