MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
8:37 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Meeting with Exar Ray
Meeting with Exar Ray
General_EelDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 3:49 AM | Message # 1
Major
Group: Users
Awards: 0
It was Midnight, and the crickets were chirping in downtown Garang. Normally the background noise of strumming banjos and singing would fill the night. But tonight the air was rank only with fear and silence as the people of Garang remained indoors or risked the wrath of the Administrator's Enforcers. It was intro this night that General Eel stepped, dressed in his customary simple, elegantly cut grey suit. At his side was what should hang at the side of all good Dantooine Citizens, a blaster pistol, simple but elegantly held in a leather pouch at his waist..

Following Eel was his cousin, the best known of the towns lawyers (and indeed gunfighters), Lionel Eel, dressed in a blue suit with a Westar 35, the weapon of an enthusiast carried at his side in its loose holster. His greatcoat worn open to display the firearm to all comers and to indicate that he intended to use it if need be.

As they moved along the dirt road towards the home of Senator/Administrator Ray he noticed that many people were covertly watching the pair walk up main street through the net curtains of darkened windows, or through cracks in their wooden doors. Indeed these men who were going to this covert meeting were well known to be paying a visit to the Administrator by most of the patriotic Dantooine loving citizens who could see out of their windows.

Having taken into account that this may be an attempt at foul play, Eel had lodged certain affadavits with his brothers legal office in the Alurion Sytem, charting his opinions and wishes in the event Administrator Ray would attempt to assasinate or indict him for some crime, as yet unknown. As he approached Ray's door he knocked once, twice, thrice with a firm hand, his couisin standing at his shoulder.

Here General Eel would make his views known directly to the Administrator, and would lay his greviances before the feet of authority in the hope of Justice, he was not a man for cloak and dagger spying or skulking, and he knew that like he did in the Clone Wars, he must again take a stand for Dantooine.

General Trebor Eel

Exar_RayDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 4:02 AM | Message # 2
Major general
At his home, Exar had called for minimum security in the event something was to happen. As the knock on his door suddenly echoed through-out the house, the Senator nodded a little as he proceeded towards the door. As he opened to the door, he saw the man whom he'd have to settle in order to get his own peace and quiet on Dantooine, if anything he couldn't afford to blow anything. "Ah, General..." Exar mentioned, as he stepped to the side. "Please enter, we have much to discuss..." Once the General would enter, the door would shut and the security around the perimeter would go into effect. On the table in the center of the meeting room, there would be drinks laid out. Taking his seat in a recliner, Exar extended a hand for the General to sit. "General, allow me to explain something to you. I am a patriot. I can either be your friend or enemy... people can enjoy their freedoms, however spray painting on government buildings will no longer continune... and my mother is not to be mentioned badly by anyone... she was a good woman!" Screamed the Senator.

General_EelDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 4:20 AM | Message # 3
Major
Entering Exar's home graciously as he could and took a seat as offered, smiling to Exar and nodding his agreement when the Administrator said there was much to discuss. Lionel remained standing behind the General's chair with a slight smirk on his face as he looked around the office, noting the activation of the security.

Simply giving Exar a dignified look as he screamed about his mother's virtue he couldnt help raising an eyebrow, the man was clearly poorly bred to shout and holler in such an abrasive way in the circumstances "Mr Ray, I must admit I have little knowledge of the respective dignity or lack of dignity held by your mother, and I am more than happy to take your word regarding her goodness." although, he thought, the screaming way Exar addressed the topic certainly indicated the opposite "But the right of freedom of speech is a Dantooine tradition, and if one were to wish to insult your mother, short of demanding satisfaction in a duel, you do not have the right to silence him. Mr Ray, I am a citizen of the Sovereign world of Dantooine, not the "Self Elected" Imperial Colony of Dantooine and I cannot countenance you reducing our planets stature in this way. Also renaming our ancient and patriotic institution, the Khoonda.. it is a crude and frankly offensive gesture" he took a breath, proceding "And imposition of curfews upon our people.. for some graffiti is clearly contrary to the ancient rights and privellages of our people. Surely you see this is a slippery slope? First you may restrict movements, but next it might be the enclosure of land or prohibitions on barbecue!" he made this last point intending to lighten the mood.

General Trebor Eel

HavocDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 4:28 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Awards: 3

Message edited by Havoc - Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 4:29 AM

Exar_RayDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 4:31 AM | Message # 5
Major general
"Khoonda... General... is a name in which has no meaning anymore. The Khoonda Administration reduced itself to being weak and therefore, myself and a few others saw fit to provide Dantooine with another name worthy of strength. The Self Elected Imperial Colony of Dantooine refers to the government in which governs our fair planet." He took a drink from one of the glasses in the middle. "And if you have suddenly gone deaf General... the curfew is no longer in effect... however I do have damaged speakers due to blaster fire, you intend to pay for those yourself?" He raised an eyebrow of his own. "I thought so... there is no question there are those unhappy with my decision, however I have plans for this planet... and when we are satisfied, we will execute. But until then, the people will have to make due with what we have." he leaned back. "General, as for your statement of land... if I wanted to, I could take everything your esteemed family has worked hard for and hang you on your property as sight for everyone to see." Exar crossed his hands.

General_EelDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 4:42 AM | Message # 6
Major
"If need be, as is my ancestral right as a freeman of Dantooine, I will summon the town meeting and I believe they would choose to maintain the Khoonda, over becoming some laughable and bastardised "colony", If we are a colony then who of, Pray? Where do the Colonists Originate? I am a Dantooinian, my Fathers were Dantooinian and their fathers were, we have lived here for many thousands of years, and to degrade that proud memory as you appear to be doing is horribly offensive." He sighed as Ray offered him the unveiled threat.. "For I freely acknowledge that while you could execute me, to do so would cause a blood-feud between you and one of the world's most esteemed families; a highly inadvisable move, if I may venture my opinion. I, nor the people of Dantooine are beholden to your junta for our actions. All legitimate power comes from the consent of the governed or from his Imperial Majesty, the Emperor, and the people of Dantooine do not wish to see their traditions trampled on by yourself and 'a few others'."

General Trebor Eel

Message edited by General_Eel - Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 4:44 AM

ShivaDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 5:05 AM | Message # 7
Major general
It was quite true that many watched General Eel walk the darkened streets to Senator Ray's home. Among these were the very insurgents that had caused so much of the trouble lately. The curfew was no longer in effect, which meant it would be a grand night to make a hell of a demonstration against the good Senator. After all, with him gone, things would likely be far better, not to mention the Dantooineians being happier. That would in turn pave the way for Shiva's movement to take root.

Shiva
The Shadowlord
The Lightbringer
Separatist High Commander (former)

Exar_RayDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 5:16 AM | Message # 8
Major general
"General, because I respect the freedoms of others, and am not a dictator, I will not have you killed... we will need people like you. In the mean time, what is it you exactly want from me, and what I get for doing you these favors?"

General_EelDate: Monday, 04 Oct 2010, 5:24 AM | Message # 9
Major
"I ask for the rightful reinstatement of Dantooinian Rights, Culture, Traditions and Institutions. The preservation of justice and the ancient liberties accorded by the creator to the freemen of Dantooine. If you restore these you will have my undying gratitude."

General Trebor Eel

Exar_RayDate: Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 7:47 AM | Message # 10
Major general
"General... consider it done."

Boba_FettDate: Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 9:39 AM | Message # 11
Sergeant
It wasn't an easy thing for Fett to do, but he had little alternative; to lose his quarry so soon after arriving on Dantooine was but a minor setback, or at least it would be if he could bring himself to appeal to Senator Ray for information or assistance. It wasn't that he disliked the idea of asking for help, more the fact that dealing with politicians left a sour taste in his mouth. Nevertheless, it had to be done.

Approaching the home of the Senator, the whereabouts of which had been easy enough to retrieve, Fett slowed his pace. A small security detail seemed to be established around the perimeter of the house, and his helmet scanners were picking up something which could indicate other systems of surveillance and security. He doubted he'd get off on the right foot with Senator Ray if he tripped every alarm on the grounds and caused a panic in his security detachment.
Instead, he took a piece of flimsi from his belt, scrawled a simple message, and with a short piece of spare fibercord, tied it to a small rock laying on the dirt track. Eyeing up the distance, he threw the rock over-arm, watched it sail through the night air, and land with a thud at the foot of the Senator's front door.

The note read "Meet me at the spaceport cantina, alone. We have a Jedi problem to discuss. - Fett".

"I bow to no one and I give service only for cause".

General_EelDate: Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 11:38 AM | Message # 12
Major
"Then there is no problem, I will return and re-assure the families that you have the fullest intentions of restoring Dantooine to the way it should be, I trust you will see to it promptly" Eel offered Exar a jovial smile "I'd best be heading home now suh, my house chef has some ribs he reliably informs me just melt in the mouth. You ought to come to the "All Dantooine Home-Style Cookout and Shindig" downtown this friday, My wife reliably informs me there will be some of the best barbecue on Dantooine and some of the best banjo and mouth organ music heard for quite some time!"

General Trebor Eel

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Meeting with Exar Ray
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz