MainMy profileRegistrationLog outLogin
Sunday
9:33 AM
| RSS Main
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Seeking Justice (Open to anyone (RP on Felucia))
Seeking Justice
Caden_SturnDate: Saturday, 06 Nov 2010, 11:04 AM | Message # 1
Major
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Unmarked and unregistered VT-49 Decimator
Travelling the Perlemian Trade Route
In Hyperspace between Columex and Galidraan

0400 Hours Imperial Standard Time

Kenobi... Varitek... Farris... Kota... Paratus... Largero...

Names jumped at him from the void of dreams, faces contorted with visions of the past, visions of possible futures. He was standing in the Jedi Temple, watching Master Yoda demonstrate how to see without seeing... he was on Felucia, a lightsaber protruding from his chest... in the Emperor's throne room, presenting a shackled Jedi Master...

Varitek... Varitek... the name seemed to bring forth a sense of direction, yet he couldn't quite see the path he was to follow...
Kota... barely remembered, but for a brief meeting many years ago...
Kenobi, Largero, Farris... where were they? What had happened to them? Where did they hide?

Anger engulfed him, hot and addictive. Drugged by his own rage, he broke against his own visions like a tidal wave upon a city, driving deeper into the Force to bring forth more visions, more details...

"Isn't it time you stopped playing the loner? We're all the same, you know... there's nothing you have to hide here".
He was back in the Temple, but it wasn't Varitek who was speaking, nor Kota, nor Largero. The voice struck him as familliar, but it was from a life long left behind. It was a female, her voice disembodied. No... there was a body, but it shimmered in and out of focus, her face and features never fully resolving. Part of him remembered, vaguely.
"The Force is as diverse as the people who wield it..." his younger self replied, in defiance to the notion that he was the same as anyone in the Temple.
"Wield? We don't wield the Force, Caden, we open ourselves to it..."
"From a certain point of view" he'd muttered. He could see the bitter resentment in the eyes of his younger self. He'd wanted, so much, to be accepted, but he always found himself at odds with the hypocritical and contradictory ideologies forced upon him.

His vision shifted, somewhat suddenly, and he was in a desert, surrounded by nothingness. The brightness of the sky reflected back into his eyes off the endless waves of flat, undisturbed sand. There was no wind, no noise, just heat.
"From a certain point of view, any belief can be twisted".
It was Kenobi, an echo of a former lesson, from before the Wars.
"Do you really think your salvation comes from 'seeking justice' for the Empire?"
An unknown voice, belonging to any of the Jedi that plagued his visions.
"As twisted as you've become, boy, there's no denying that you didn't always want it to be this way".
A vaguely familliar voice, someone he'd met during the Clone Wars. Kota, perhaps?.
"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..."
Yoda, the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Of that particular sermon, there was no mistake.
"STOP!!!" Caden yelled, and the voices ceased.

He was blinded by light, and suddenly, he was a Padawan again, and in the middle of a heated battle. His lightsabers flashed, deflecting energy bolts back at their source. White-clad soldiers with black and red markings pursued him, firing upon him and dying by his blade or their own returned shots.
His master dashed on ahead, speed augmented by the Force.

"Master... you survived, I know you did... survived so I could hunt you down myself... one day..."

"Master?"
Caden stirred violently, hands gripping the lightsabers that slapped into his palms, called from his belt by reflex.
He wasn't in the Jedi Temple, nor the corridors of a Venator-class Star Destroyer; he was at the helm of the modified VT-49 Decimator he'd been assigned, and the voice hadn't been one of his erratic visions, but the stirring call of his droid co-pilot, LT-318.
Soon after realising where he was, he knew why the droid had woken him, as cargo containers and personal effects rained down from the ceiling and clattered to the deck.
"Thank you, El-Tee" he murmered, returning his unlit weapons to his belt.
"I was merely acting in the name of safety, Master. Last time you were allowed to slip into such deep meditation during hyperspace, you shorted out our hyperdrive and we spent four days..."
"Thank you, El-Tee" Caden ground out through gritted teeth. The GD16-series pilot droid was something of an oddity to him; it lacked photoreceptors, yet seemed to see everything. For all intents and purposes, it was meant to be a simple utility, a 5th-degree droid with the sole purpose of flying from A to B. Yet, someone, whether in the Empire or the manufacturer, MerenData, had seen fit to give it all the ameneties of a 1st-degree droid, making it essentially a thinking, creative utility that sometimes gave Caden shivers with its displays of personality.

"Do you have a heading for us, Master?" El-Tee asked, giving Caden what he perceived to be a quizzical glance. Caden, however, shook his head and unbuckled his crash webbing.
"You mean we're travelling through Hyperspace for nothing?" the droid asked, as Caden silently stalked into the aft section. What would normally have been a troop bay was instead a small galley, with a private living area partitioned off. Cramped though it was, it gave Caden room to think.
"Typical..." he heard the droid chuntering to itself, and he smirked a little. Grabbing a blumfruit from the galley's cooling unit, he tossed it in the air and caught it casually, turning his head to call back to the droid.
"If you like, re-route us to Felucia" he shouted. "Even if there's nothing there, it's the only solid place I saw that makes sense". The last part, he muttered to himself; he hadn't seen his enemy, or even known if that part of the vision was but one of many futures, and he was sure that the droid would report his uncertainty to his Masters, whether willingly or not. He'd long ago grasped that the Force would show glimpses of the future to those who looked deep enough, but he'd also accepted that even if parts of them came to pass, nothing was set in stone, and any future could be changed. Still, his visions had been rather unhelpful lately.
"I don't see why not, Master. Afterall, we're only wasting time travelling from one part of the Outer Rim to the other, we'd may as well make an uncalculated stop at..."
"Thats enough, El-Tee" Caden warned, a palpable tension rippling through the open spaces of the transport. El-Tee's chassis made an involuntary straining noise, and Caden realised his irritation had been enough to make him inadvertently close the Force in around the droid like a vice. He released his hold, and slipped into his quarters, as he felt the ship pull out of hyperspace and, after lingering a moment, alter trajectory and re-enter the void.

Kenobi... Varitek... Farris... Kota... Paratus... Largero...

All just names. But some, he knew, would find their destinies entwined with his own.

Added (06 Nov 2010, 12:04 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Unmarked and unregistered VT-49 Decimator
In Atmospheric Entry of Felucia
Thanium Sector

0620 Hours Local Time

The VT-49 Decimator skirted Felucia's atmosphere, as a person might gently skim the top of a pool with his foot on a hot summers day, to test the waters. Her underside glowed a faint yellow, which soon became an angry red, engulfing the entire transport as it dropped at a shallow gradient into Felucia's skies.

Caden stirred from his meditation, which had been a mercifully peaceful one this time around. To keep his mind off the disturbing outcome he'd seen for himself on Felucia - a blade, its wielder unidentified, protruding from his chest - he'd concentrated largely on the unimportant matter of naming his ship. It would likely become his regular base of operations, and it was about time too; he'd been using a clunky Theta-class shuttle for the past two years, and not only had he been going a little space-crazy cramped up inside it, but El-Tee had often vocalised his chagrin at not being able to exercise his primary program on something 'a little less rudimentary'.
"Bloodshine" he said, as he squeezed past El-Tee's numerous appendages and settled into the pilots chair.
"Excuse me, Master?" El-Tee asked, with the air of someone exasperated at having to figure out half of what his mysterious master was talking about all the time.
"Its the name of the ship. Bloodshine".
"How quaint", the droid intoned. "Not quite the same ring to it as Slaughter, or Massacre, or..."
"Thats enough, El-Tee" Caden murmered, and the droid uttered an involuntary whimper; Caden was reminded of his uncontrolled application of the Force, when he'd last uttered those words.
"Relax, I'm in a better mood now. More focused" Caden assured the droid. Sometimes he wondered if he was beginning to care for the utility.
"So... Bloodshine?" El-Tee asked.
"The hue of my blades, the outcome of my mission... we'll repaint her, remove all of her Imperial markings to disguise our presence..."
"We'll repaint her? I'm no Jedi, but I hardly forsee that coming to pass..." El-Tee muttered to himself, in a huff.

Bloodshine slipped through atmosphere and streaked through the early morning skies, leaving a trail of super-heated air in its wake, a visible streamer of steam which would no doubt be seen for miles around. Caden doubted the planet received all too many visitors from outside worlds; he couldn't even identify a starport on his read-outs.
"Are you picking up anything, Master?"
"Nothing... scanners are only picking up organic lifeforms, nothing fabricated... at least, nothing of note. A couple of structures, probably from the Clone Wars. Homesteads here and there, but not concentrated enough to indicate towns or cities. Probably farms..."
"I know, Master, I happen to be plugged into the ships systems. I meant are you picking up anything with your other sensors" the droid retorted. Caden considered booking the droid in for a full service check, once they returned to Prakith. Nevertheless, he half-closed his eyes, which were already heavy lidded from his lack of sleep these past few days. He stretched out with his feelings, sensing the world below him as though it were a part of him... and was overwhelmed.
He gasped, shocked at the vibrancy of the place. It was so... alive, so flowing with energy and all different forms of life, that he didn't know where to begin.
"Master?"
"I've never been anywhere like it, El-Tee... so much life..."
"Forgive me for not revelling in your reverence for organic matter, but we came here for a reason, yes?"
"Yes..." Caden replied, so transfixed that he let the droids insolence slide. "Okay... put us on a northward heading, but keep us on the day side. Don't wanna risk a night-time hunt unless its absolutely necessary" he explained. "I feel... something predatory. Lots of somethings. And... something big..."

Tentacles slithered about the ground, slapping into cliff faces and physically shaking life from the radius of its nest into its waiting maw. It squawked and growled with each blow-dart that skitted from its limbs, then routinely scooped up its Felucian assailants and dropped them into the clutches of its beaked tongue, where they were dragged below to be stored for sustainence.
It was the largest specimen of Sarlacc that Caden had ever heard of...

He shook his head; he'd studied Felucia a few times, but more out of necessity than want. Now, however, he was seeing the planet in a whole new light, and that light brought with it a daunting realisation; amidst all this life, how was he ever supposed to pinpoint a Jedi, assuming his vision held some merit?
In answer to his own question, he began probing deeper, searching not for vessels of Force energy, but conduits, beings that it flowed through and interacted with, beings that drew on the Force whether actively or passively, from a life-time of ingrained sermons and meditations.
As El-Tee touched Bloodshine down in a relatively safe-looking clearing, he felt something prickle against his probing senses... and he felt that 'something' return his probe, then melt away, stung as if touching the barbs of one of Felucia's many poisonous plants.
The hunt was on.

Caden Sturn
Former Inquisitor - Fugitive
Imperial Inquisition Ace Pilot

Message edited by Caden_Sturn - Sunday, 07 Nov 2010, 3:30 AM

CastorVaxDate: Monday, 08 Nov 2010, 5:48 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Felucia was an ugly world by many standards. An ugly, dangerous world. To some though, the jungle world was a sign of peace and tranquility, despite its odd creatures and even odder inhabitants. For Castor Vax, it was a matter of seeking a place far from war. Felucia, a site of a former battle, had already been long picked over before the former general had come here seeking refuge. His camp, if one could call it such, was unobtrusive, cleverly crated inside a rather large growth of giant mushrooms and ringed by the various deadly flora and fauna of the planet.

It was here that Vax remained hidden from the Empire and its hunters... but this day, as he opened his little door that was part of the fungal growth, he felt a tremor in the Force, a feeling he'd not felt for some time: the touch of the darkside.

Castor Vax
Jedi Knight

Caden_SturnDate: Monday, 08 Nov 2010, 3:39 PM | Message # 3
Major
Caden didn't know if he moved slowly on purpose, or if it was his purpose that drove him to absolute precision. Standing in the offloading area of Bloodshine, he finally finished strapping up his wrists and forearms, tearing off the piece of cloth he'd been using to do it. He was taking no chances; the robes he wore were sleeveless, and to maximise mobility, his black-painted Stormtrooper armour only covered him from shoulder to elbow. Travelling among so many potentially toxic plants would be dangerous, so he'd made sure to cover as much skin as possible. El-Tee had even provided him with a rudimentary toxin mask, to filter out any undesirable spores or air-borne poisons.

"Think I'm as ready as I'll ever be..." Caden muttered, slotting his lightsabers securely into their custom holsters, which hung from his belt. He wasn't used to wearing armour, but El-Tee had reasoned that this environment facilitated it more than any, and as he caught his reflection on the polished bulkhead, he mused how he looked like a shadow of his former self. Back then, of course, he'd worn white Clone armour beneath a brown Jedi robe. Black Stormtrooper armour beneath a crimson zeyd-cloth robe had quite a disarming effect.
"I believe time is of the essence, Master" El-Tee said, enthusiastically ushering Caden to the lowering ramp, where he could literally see the murky air outside in thick, hanging waves of yellow-green.
"I dunno, El-Tee... I'm not sensing alarm. I think this Jedi, or whatever he..."
"Or she, Master..."
"... whatever he or she is, they may actually want this confrontation to happen. In which case, I'd better watch out for a motive".

The droid stared at him with what looked unnervingly like skepticism.
"Okay, so I could be wrong, and he could be fleeing the planet as we speak. Keep an eye on my locator beacon, and if any ships attempt to leave this place, come and pick me up so we can pursue".
"Now, there's a sound idea, Master Sturn" the droid agreed, before adding in an altogether too chirpy tone "Good hunting!"

Caden Sturn

Message edited by Caden_Sturn - Monday, 08 Nov 2010, 3:41 PM

CastorVaxDate: Monday, 08 Nov 2010, 3:56 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Vax did indeed keep a ship rather close to his home, powered down and concealed in ravine of moderate size. Overgrown naturally by the plant life and covered by him upon arrival, the ARC-170 would be hard to spot from air or ground unless one knew exactly where to look and, in this case, know to discern from the rocks around it. Vax, though, was not running. He'd not be driven from his home. He did, however, make preparations. He eschewed the simple brown robes he had worn for quite some time, placing instead the heavier armor that he'd worn during the Clone Wars upon himself.

"Heavier in more than one way," he sighed softly as he looked down at the blaster-and-shrapnel-scarred armor. At his waist hung once again the hilt of the simple, yet effective yellow-bladed lightsaber that he'd cut down so many droids and Separatist agents with. He'd hoped never to use it again, but this day might spell different.

Even as he moved around his home, putting all manner of little traps into place, even going so far as to charge his natural defenses with whisps of Force energy to make them more efficient, the smell of a good stew cooking emanated from within his home. And so, he waited.

Castor Vax
Jedi Knight

Caden_SturnDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 1:23 AM | Message # 5
Major
No sooner had Caden left the ship than wished he hadn't. Very well, there was an aesthetic beauty to the place, but his senses were constantly prickling with an underlying threat from everything he passed; luminous flora and fauna, with snaking tendrils scavenging for prey, toothed petals with which to consume anything stupid enough to get too close, sweet pheremones that penetrated even his filtration mask, tempting him to go take a closer look.

And if the plantlife was bad, the creatures were worse. Not only was the air filled with the roaring of who-knows-what, but small creatures and insects seemed to constantly latch themselves to his armoured boots, pass him up as inedible, then move on to attack each other instead. More than once, his lightsaber blades sparked and hissed furiously, as some small flying critter pelted straight into them in the hopes of a meal.
"This place is charming, El-Tee..." he muttered into his active comm, which was thankfully strong enough to pick out his voice without him having to relinquish either of his blades.
"Well, you chose it, Master" came the haughty reply into his earpiece.
"When we get back to the Citadel, I'm having your personality software checked over" Caden grumbled, mostly to himself, but he was sure he heard an involuntary whine from the other end.

Finding what looked like a natural trail through the dazzling wilderness, Caden picked up the pace. His armour and cloak had already picked up various smears and green stains from whatever he'd been walking through; luckily, nothing had penetrated and been able to infect him with anything.
He took a moment to orient himself; he'd detected the strong Force presence to the east, in the opposite direction of the giant Sarlacc, though that path was no more devoid of wildlife he discovered, regrettably.
Blades held in a reverse grip, he began sprinting, not wishing to draw this moment out any longer than necessary. After a kilometer or so, the path lurched sharply eastward, before taking a steady decline down to the lip of a ravine. Unfortunately, this downward path was blocked; not by tangled flora and fauna, but by a pair of Acklay, both presiding over the half-eaten remains of a bull Rancor.
He skidded to a halt, and studied the scene. Bodies lay everywhere, though they looked like nothing Caden had ever laid eyes on; natives, he assumed. The bull Rancor was still wearing the remains of a large four-seat saddle, and the luminous markings along its lower back had been torn into by the Acklay in their ravenous hunger.

An idea formed in Caden's mind, upon seeing the saddle. Looking around himself, he grabbed onto a seemingly harmless vine, pulled it out of the thick undergrowth as far as he could, and cut it off at either end with one of his blades.
The disturbance seemed to alert both of the feasting predators ahead; with shrill, terrible cries, one of them scuttled toward him while the other reared up on its hind legs, balancing while jabbing forward with its claws in a display of defence.
Caden half-crouched, then used the Force to augment his jump, lifting him high over the charging Acklay and putting him between the two beasts. He threw one of his lightsabers, the vine snaked around his neck for the time being, and no sooner had the blade pierced the soft underbelly than he was leaping again, catching the blade on its return, and landing deftly on the armoured back of the confused second Acklay.
It rounded, trying to get to the irritant that had just slammed onto its behind, but could no more see Caden than it could hear the cries of its mortally wounded partner; it was in a fury, hungry to taste the meat of this new delicacy that had wandered into its path.

Caden deactivated both blades and let them return to their holsters as if on their own accord. Keeping his balance on the spinning and thrashing Acklay, he extended a hand toward the back of the creatures head and fell into the Force, sending soothing thoughts to the angered beast. It resisted at first, but soon its resolve seemed to weaken, and begrudgingly it halted, breathing heavily and rumbling with ill-contained wrath.
Caden strengthened the bond between his mind and that of the Acklay, then looped the vine around its neck, and pulled back on it harshly. The Acklay reared, then set off down the declining path. It overstepped its fallen partner, bypassed the festering Rancor corpse, and with a long, piercing shriek, hacked its way through thickets of vegetation and half-stumbled into the ravine at the safest angle Caden could find.

Once again, his senses prickled with danger; something was waiting for him. A trap, perhaps?
He shook his head, and pushed onward, riding the Acklay toward his target. Whatever it was, it would reveal itself soon enough.

Caden Sturn

CastorVaxDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 2:06 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
The sound of creatures fighting in the not-so-far-off distance was a call to Vax's ears. He sighed to himself, done with preparing his defenses as he returned to the stew. It wasn't his best stew, made with the meat of several edible creatures and flavored with a host of edible plant life. Still, it wasn't his best. There were often days when he thought he should have been a chef instead of a Jedi. The thought coming to his mind once again made him chuckle, even in the face of impending death or capture.

And so he waited still, feeling the footsteps of his executioner through the Force, drawing ever closer.

Castor Vax
Jedi Knight

Caden_SturnDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 2:30 AM | Message # 7
Major
Caden remained on the back of the Acklay as he ventured further into the ravine. Overhead, the plantlife seemed to form something of a natural, albeit broken roof, causing rays of sunlight to illuminate certain areas of the terrain ahead while leaving others in shade.
For some reason, whether it be instinct or otherwise, Caden directed the beast around the rays of light, clinging to the shade. Foliage crunched underfoot as the Acklay scuttled along, its clawed front legs digging shallow furrows into the earth and its occasional screech disturbing whatever small life lay hidden from view.

Once more, Caden extended his senses, probing for traps or hidden enemies, and more importantly, his prey. In hindsight, it would probably have been wiser to keep his presence hidden, but he still drew no feelings of alarm or panic. If the target was infact making a run for it, then he was doing it calmly enough not to alert Caden to the fact.
"Master, there's something nearby. Scans aren't picking it up too well, but near your location there's something inorganic" El-Tee informed him, alarmingly loud in his earpiece.
"Keep Bloodshine's engines warmed up, I might need immediate pick-up. And keep the Force cage active, just in case..." he muttered into his comm.
The Acklay had stopped during the brief exchange, its eyes fixed on an undescernible spot directly ahead. It was sniffing; perhaps it had detected movement.
"Onward" Caden urged the beast, and with its head bowed low, it carefully moved forward. Tense and on edge, Caden felt the Force rippling around him; bushes and large fungal growths quivered in his wake, and an audible rumble cascaded around him as his tension manifested itself physically around him. He breathed, calming himself; he would not allow himself to fall victim to such mind games.

The Acklay rounded a loose bend, into broad daylight. The smell of something cooking - stew, perhaps - invaded Caden's nostrils, and he wrapped the make-shift reins around one hand, grasping an unlit lightsaber in the other...

Caden Sturn

CastorVaxDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 4:37 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Oddly enough, it was the acklay and not the darksider that triggered the first of the traps. No less than four Yerdua poison-spitters guarded the little entrance to Vax's main living site, the driveway, as it were, and as the acklay came into range, the quartet of semi-sentient plant-fungi hurled poison globules at the hostile animal, largely what they were meant to do. After all, Vax did need a way to keep the predators distant from his living space, and Felucia's jungle life was easy enough to manipulate.

As Vax felt the commotion through the Force, the rattling of a cage beside him drew his attention. Some time ago, Vax had captured an infant Felucian ripper and raised it, taming it to an extent, and the creature could sense his momentary agitation. Calming himself, he opened the cage, allowing the moderate-sized animal freedom.

"We're about to have a guest, my friend. Be polite."

Castor Vax
Jedi Knight

Caden_SturnDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 5:49 AM | Message # 9
Major
Caden instinctively shielded his face as the spitters began unleashing globules in his direction, though it was the Acklay that caught them all, across its flanks and in the face. It shook its head voraciously, trying to fling the poison away from itself, clawing at its face with its immense front limbs. Unable to shake off the poison, and getting hit more and more by the globules hurled its way, the beast went into a frenzy.

Caden saw it as his cue to dismount, sailing in a backward somersault and landing firmly on the ground, the Acklay providing a shield against the poison spitters.
He extended his thoughts into the mind of the Acklay, but he couldn't calm it; instead, he worked it into a bigger frenzy, and in moments the Acklay rampaged forward, clawing and ripping at the poison fungi, then bypassing them altogether and heading further into the living site, shrieking and slashing at anything in its way. The sound was terrible, but music to Caden's ears. The beast would surely succumb to the effects of the poison, but in its last living moments, he'd sent it forward to trigger any other traps that may be waiting; and if there were none, he could follow in the path cut forth by the rampant animal.

Strolling forward, he re-directed a globule back at one of the surviving spitters with a well-applicated Force push, then unclasped his secondary saber, and hurled both in an arc which would snip off the heads of all four spitters, before returning to his hands.

Caden Sturn

CastorVaxDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 8:45 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
The acklay wouldn't make it very far past the poison spitters before it trod on a pair of antipersonnel mines that had been set directly next to each other. Mines were nasty things, and while Vax was indeed a Jedi, he knew well the value of tricks and traps when setting in a defensive position. Unfortunately, and, unknowable to Sturn, the mines had represented the last of Vax's ordnance. All the other traps were completely organic or produced via organic materials from Felucia. Vax was a survivor-type, one of those breeds who could last quite comfortably in the wilderness with very little to assist them in building a home.

When and if Sturn made it into the ring of fungi that acted as a courtyard of sorts, he might well be surprised at the size of it. Ringed entirely by the fungal growths, it was practically impenetrable, unless of course one smashed through them or scaled them or some such. It provided a natural shelter that was roughly thirty feet in diameter. He'd also be able to see Vax, quietly eating a bowl of soup while the Felucian ripper coasted back and forth over his head, perhaps ten feet up. If Sturn looked about further, he'd also be able to assess another handful of six poison spitters artfully grown on different fungi, but all with a good aim (as it were) into the courtyard. Vax was a very defensive-minded man, after all.

Castor Vax
Jedi Knight

Caden_SturnDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 9:54 AM | Message # 11
Major
No sooner had his blades returned to his hands, than an explosion shook the ground beneath him, and fried Acklay chunks rained down on him. He side-stepped the largest pieces, which included its armoured carapace, and its head, mouth wide open mid-shriek.
Turning to face down the valley, he grimaced, lightning sparking involuntarily around his fists as his dark irises flooded with red and yellow; he was angry, but not at the death of his newfound pet. The Acklay would have had its uses, but Caden no longer shared the Jedi reverence for life; the beast had been a tool, and had served enough of a purpose. Now he'd have to trust in his senses, and remain vigilant for further traps. Reaching the edge of a field of fungal growths, he looked up to the top of the nearest plant, and leaped upward.

He landed heavily on a remarkably sturdy, flat-topped mushroom which was easily large enough to land a small ship on. Bright purple and luminescent, it held firm under his weight, though he doubted he could say the same of all the other fungi in the field. From this vantage point, he could see it was less of a field, more of a perimeter ring, thirty feet in diameter, which put him at roughly fifteen feet from the center.
He raised his eyebrows, sighed with a mix of awe and exasperation; the Jedi was proving to be quite a natural at defending his position, but it also told Caden that his target was constantly wary of attack; and that kind of wariness might breed paranoia.
Summoning the Force to his command, he picked up a fallen branch from the littered ground, and sent the lightweight object hurtling through the air to the middle of the fungus ring. He couldn't see properly from here, not with the varying heights of the growths blocking his vision, but he was sure that was where his target waited. Hopefully the branch would alert him to Caden's impending arrival, and put him on edge.
On the flip-side, it could simply tell the Jedi that now was the time to prepare. Too late now, though.
"El-Tee" he said into his comm. "I'm about to engage. Bring Bloodshine nearer my co-ordinates, there's a ravine close by, it should provide cover enough until I'm done" he ordered. Then, as a side note, he added "If my lifesigns drop to critical, come pick me up. If they flatline, take the ship back to Prakith and report my failure and death".

He didn't wait for the droids reply, and dived down into the fungus, hacking and slashing at the growths where a single Force-push couldn't brush them aside, and leaping over the taller, thicker plants. It was slow progress, but each push, each swipe of his twin blades fuelled his pent-up anger, brought him closer to the mental center he needed to access to be able to confidently face the Jedi.
Inside, he wondered who it was, whether he'd recognise them. Could it be one of his former lecturers, someone he'd seen during the Clone Wars?

As he neared the center of the ring, he pushed all thoughts from his mind, and felt himself fall into what he knew as the Dark Side of the Force. He burst forth, his arm wraps tattered and stained with the effluence of a hundred or more fungi all laid to waste in his wake. Sweat mixed with the filth covering his face, and dripped to the ground. His zeyd-cloth cloak hung in shreds behind him, caught and snagged on the wildlife as he'd fought his way out of the suffocatingly enclosed fungus field.
And what did he find? A man, sitting, eating soup, a domesticated animal flying back and forth over his head.
"I've defeated your traps and defenses, Jedi. Now you're coming with..."
He paused, noticing the poison spitters just as their petals peeled aside, globules of venom drooling to the ground...

Caden Sturn

Message edited by Caden_Sturn - Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 11:57 AM

CastorVaxDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 2:33 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
Vax waved his hand briefly and the poison spitters would close up for the moment, no longer recognizing Sturn as a target, at least for the moment. Eying the dirty, bedraggled, sweaty young man before him, Vax arched a brow and shook his head. The poor, poor boy. He's worked hard to get here, that was for certain. It would have been much easier to walk in the main gate, though Sturn could not have had an idea that Vax's defenses would be deactivated, so to speak.

"Killing a man is a hungry business, my friend. Come, sit. Eat. At least fill your belly before you murder me. I'll not bite, nor will Goolah." He motioned to the ripper flying above his head. "That is, of course, unless you take his snails. He rather enjoys them, you see."

Moving to one side to make room for Sturn, Vax used a hand-carved ladle to scoop some of the delicious-smelling stew into a wooden bowl (also carved by Vax) and set it upon the wide top of a squat mushroom.

Castor Vax
Jedi Knight

Caden_SturnDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 3:29 PM | Message # 13
Major
Caden truly didn't know what to make of the situation, but one thing he did know; that as he deactivated his weapons and stowed them, wiped his brow on his dirty forearm, and sat opposite the Jedi, he did so of his own volition. No mind-tricks or influence.
"I assumed you wouldn't be surprised to see me, but this..." he muttered, shaking his head and letting out a half-laugh, despite himself. He looked at the stew warily; there were a thousand different types of fungus on this planet, any one of them poisonous.

Politely, he took up the bowl, but didn't eat. He wanted to, his stomach betraying him by growling loudly, but he wasn't about to risk his life on a small meal.
"I don't recognise you", he admitted. "Not from my visions, anyway. Who are you?". Curiosity was getting the better of him; he was playing a dangerous game, but it wouldn't hurt to be cordial. The Jedi represented everything he loathed, and yet, in some way, everything he'd once yearned to be. From his calm posture to his nonchalant air, even the outdated armour wore all harkened back to a decadent past where Jedi were numerous, Clones weren't met with increasing resistance, and the galaxy hadn't needed an Empire to carefully guide it to a safer future.
The Jedi had been his life; and it was a life he'd revered and, ultimately, hated because of his inability to grasp their ways, their concepts and ideals.

He looked once more at his bowl, as he waited for the Jedi to reply. It didn't seem likely that an attack was coming any time soon, but he remained on guard; he didn't even know why he'd chosen to sit, rather than incapacitate the man with his own stew pot and drag him back to Bloodshine for safe transit to Citadel Inquisitorius on Prakith. His actions were highly irregular for an Inquisitor, but then, he had always been the black nerf of any family he'd belonged to.

Caden Sturn

CastorVaxDate: Tuesday, 09 Nov 2010, 6:48 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
Taking a generous spoonful from his own bowl and eating heartily, Vax motioned towards the bowl that Sturn held with his own spoon, one that seemed to have vines carved into the handle, wrapping intricately around down to the base. It was testament to one skill that Vax had, one he rather enjoyed doing in his private time. Above all, Vax was a craftsman in times of peace.

"It's not poisoned. I'm not in the manner of treating guests in an ill fashion. Bad form, you know.

"I am Castor Vax, and it is no surprise you do not recognize me, me friend. I did not often spend much time at the Temple; no, they cast me into the Outer Rim as a general and there I remained. The soldiers came and went, you see, but I remained. You, however... your face looks familiar, reminiscent... I recall word of a rather headstrong young man who came to the Temple with great promise, very great promise. Perhaps if the Wars had not occurred, he might have... well, don't let an old man's ranting kill your appetite. Nonetheless, I can still place a name to a face. Caden Sturn, was it?

"I'm not quite surprised to see you, oddly. Nobody lets a man live in peace when he's been declared a war criminal. They do that, you know." He paused to take another mouthful of stew. "Keep the lightsaber hidden away, grow a garden, exile yourself to a dangerous jungle planet and still they come. Ah, alas for peace, for the only true peace is the peace of the grave. An unfortunate happenstance, my friend. Here Goolah, don't be nervous around our guest."

He motioned to the ripper, which hooted softly and came to land near Vax.

"So tell me, what is your story? It isn't so often that I have company these days that I have the opportunity for conversation."

Castor Vax
Jedi Knight

Caden_SturnDate: Wednesday, 10 Nov 2010, 0:29 AM | Message # 15
Major
While the reasoning was beyond his ability to comprehend, Caden somehow knew the man wasn't lying about the food being poisoned. Cautiously, he spooned some into his mouth, and closed his eyes, letting out a thankful sigh as the delicious stew reached his empty stomach. He spooned more and more into his mouth, ravenous after his journey, even though he hadn't even noticed his hunger until now.
Surprised as he was to hear his own name, he didn't feel the need to respond. Vax knew who he was without confirmation, and this was odd enough in itself. It sounded as though Vax had been as solitary as Caden himself, during the days of the Jedi.

He set the bowl down, half of the stew gone, and swallowed before speaking, parting his hands as if to say there wasn't much to tell.
"I was taken to the Temple with my older brother. Abandoned on the bottom step, actually" he said. He didn't remember that day, but he'd been told of it, many times. "The Jedi tried to brainwash us into their way of thinking. My brother fell for it, but I didn't seem able to. Then the war happened, and now... I serve the greater good" he said, with absolute conviction.
Glancing at the ripper, he nodded toward it. "Strange looking creature. Is it native?" he asked. He hadn't seen any others during his time here on Felucia, but one couldn't expect to see the entirety of a planet's wildlife in one sitting. Then, he realised the likelihood that he'd have to kill the beast to get to Vax. It would be a shame, but a necessary one. Even now, during the peace of a good meal, it would seem both sides were strategising. The Jedi, keeping a vicious predator at his side, Caden, plotting how best to kill it.
It was just business, at the end of the day.

"You know, we can't do this forever..." he said quietly, taking up his bowl and finishing the contents. The haste with which he ate might seem offensive, as though he weren't savouring the effort that went into it, but he truly was hungry.

Caden Sturn

Star Wars RP: A Galaxy At War Forum » A Galaxy At War » The Galaxy » Seeking Justice (Open to anyone (RP on Felucia))
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz